Chesapeake Hospitality Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
front desk
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 28, 2018
Very flexible work schedule, moderate paced work environment. A lot of standing and cleaning, must have good customer service skills and patients. caring staff members
Estupendo clima de trabajo.
Atención al cliente (Former Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 21, 2018
Empresa donde llevar a cabo un proyesto es colaborar con profesionales de distintas especialidades. Equipo coprometido. Compañerismo y buena gestión.
Conversion property
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDOctober 23, 2017
I enjoyed my tenure with Chesapeake Hospitality. There was an overwhelming amount of tension and discourse between the management company and the owner. This was also a conversion property which had a very difficult renovation. We did several million dollars of revenue in student tours. The owner did not want this type of business and filled in the indoor pool. There was a lot of turnover in sales prior to my coming on board and it was difficult to hire anyone from the area with the experience we needed to handle the conversion and lead the team. We were not able to achieve the budget.
Opportunities
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 18, 2017
I've worked for Chesapeake Hospitality for 11 years now and in my tenure have had so many wonderful opportunities to grow my career. I started as an administrative assistant, moved into middle management, and now am a executive committee member. I appreciate that the company really believes in growing their employees and promoting from within.
Pros
Great culture, hotel discounts, opportunities to grow your career.
This is IT for Me
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 13, 2017
I am thrilled to be a part of the Chesapeake Family! I have been lucky enough to work my hospitality career in the same City/Suburbs which allowed for me to raise my family in one place. Over the years I have worked for several different companies and I can honestly say that this is truly the best company that I have worked for! There is tremendous support not only from our Area Directors and VPs but from our peers within the company. I have been here for a little over a year and I know that this is where I was meant to be.

I would strongly recommend this company to anyone looking for a great career in hospitality.
Pros
The company Culture! They walk the walk and talk the talk! You dont find that often.
Cons
None that I can think of......
I truly enjoy being part of the Chesapeake team!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 13, 2017
Working for Chesapeake has been such a delight. The company culture shouts 'All Things are Possible"! The opportunities are endless with this company. There is tons of support from my General Manager and other Senior Management. I have the opportunity to do my job and share my impute.
Pros
Work life balance, awesome support from Management
Cons
Compared to other hotel companies my salary is much lesser.
Great Company
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 12, 2017
The entire company feels so close-knit the way they know their employees and remain involved in all of their properties. The company definitely gives you all the tools necessary to succeed in your position. They also regularly post job openings to their employees in case you are seeking to move up or relocate.
A Company That Walks the Talk
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 12, 2017
In my 18 months with the company I have found that my corporate leadership truly strives to open up the possibilities for everyone. While the work is fast paced and at times stressful, as can be the case in any industry, the ability to make a difference in the lives of my team and my guests is very rewarding. Knowing that the company leadership is willing to support the dreams of each of us, whether personal or professional, allows us to be more complete and fulfilled. It is a privilege to be a part of this growing company!
Pros
Great benefits, supportive corporate offices, flexibility
Cons
Growth always brings challenges which must be worked through
Great Place to work
Director of Digital Marketing (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDSeptember 12, 2017
Ive been in the hospitality industry for many years, working at many different companies and nothing compares to Chesapeake! I have never been more proud of where I work and the team of people I work for. I feel like my job function matters and see the impact of my efforts everyday.

Chesapeake cares about their employees and puts family first. This is very important to me as a mom who wants to maintain a professional life. I feel like I can have it all, which is hard to come by. I truly love being part of this team.
Pros
salary, benefits, professionalism, work/life balance
Great company with emphasis on employee growth
General Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 12, 2017
I've worked for Chesapeake Hospitality for over six years and I've never experienced a company so committed to encouraging their employees to grow - either within the company or elsewhere.
This company places an emphasis on service - encouraging employees to take part in volunteering both locally and globally.
Pros
emphasis on service, great leadership
Great workplace where the employer truly cares
HR Manager/Controller (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 6, 2017
Chesapeake Hospitality truly values their employees and provides a safe and friendly environment to work in. Management cares what you have to say and will go the extra mile to help you in any way.
bnenefits
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  MDSeptember 6, 2017
have good benefits, PTO along with annual increase have the chance to advance to different departments if. have chances to move upwards to management.
Expect what's possible!!!
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 6, 2017
New to the company but loving the culture. I had the opportunity to visit the Corporate offices and meet in person some of the leaders of the company. Chesapeake Hospitality rocks!
Genuine Leadership
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 6, 2017
Over the last 4 years working with Chesapeake Hospitality, I have seen many leadership styles at multiple properties that we manage.

I am honored to say that while Chesapeake is not a perfect company that they intend to lead well and truly value their pillars of integrity, honesty and humility.

The senior leadership is real, friendly and honest and I am so glad that I was able to join this company at a young age and grow with them.

The culture has evolved over the last four years and it is continuing to improve as they are continuously looking for ways to promote work/life balance for their employees and managers and want the company to be a great place to work. I can really see that.

I have been promoted through the ranks and have developed a great sense of community through this leadership that I am not sure would have been the same at any other management company in the area that I work for.
Never a dull moment
Accountant (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 6, 2017
Interesting people and lots to keep busy. The hours are flexible and there is genuine concern for the employees in both personal and professional capacities.
Tons of Possibilities
Executive Leadership (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 6, 2017
Chesapeake Hospitality has great leaders at the Corporate Office. They are available and ready to help when needed. Chesapeake has a strong visibility at the property level. As they. grow they work hard to maintain honesty, integrity and humility
Pros
Benefits Salaries for upper management
Tons of Possibilities
Executive Leadership (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 6, 2017
Pros
Benefits Salaries for upper management
Chesapeake
Controller (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDSeptember 6, 2017
Great family atmosphere work hard and you can advance and experience all the possibilities this company can give you fair and balanced work life and good discounts at all their hotels
Fast Paced Deadline Oriented
Controller (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 6, 2017
The hardest part of my job is the stress of being responsible for the Night Audit shift coverage. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with.
Pros
Hotel Discounts
Cons
Stress
Great people, solid benefits, strong culture
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDSeptember 6, 2017
I love the entrepreneurial spirit with a family orientation. The people care and about maintaining a strong culture or honesty, integrity and humility. It is present in all we do. Advancement opportunities are substantial for those that appreciate such a platform, work hard, and hold themselves accountable.