Chesapeake Urology Associates

Chesapeake Urology Associates Employee Reviews

United States69 reviews
Featured review
Chesapeake Urology Associates selected this as a representative review
A wonderful place to work. The managers care about the growth of the employees and they love to promote from within. The managers are knowledgeable about the positions and aren’t above jumping in to help if things are busy. Wonderful co-workers who make it feel like your working with family!

By far the best place I’ve ever worked.
Pros
Excellent growth opportunities, loves to promote from within, caring, knowledgeable management, open door policy, open to suggestions and feedback, fun culture, cares about employees, community involvement is a core value, stable and well-run.
Cons
None!
During the interview process the recruiters and managers lead you on and make you believe that in spite of the metrics in place this position is fulfilling and one where you can grow. They lead you to believe that if you are a person that is passionate about helping others then it is one of the things that will help you to excel in this position and that it is ran like a doctor's office but within a call center setting. That is the furthest from the truth. Shortly after you have completed training and you are put on the floor you see their true colors, how many calls you handle per hour is what matters most, they are all about numbers. Information/processes change often, you may be trained to do things one way and if that has changed since your training you may/may not be told but your performance could be negatively impacted only for it to change again and they do not take that into consideration and remove the negative impact it had on you. Upper management micromanages and puts excessive pressure on the team managers which trickles down to the staff. Even when you are doing your best it is not highlighted but any mistake made is highlighted and you are made to feel like your job is in jeopardy. The call volume does not match staffing and they expect you to run like a machine and forget that you are a human.They completely ignore the mental health and well-being of the staff and pretend to care and understand how overwhelming the position is. Work/life balance DOES NOT exist in this company! If you have no PTO you have no other options should something arise in your life that - more...
If I could put Chesapeake Urology into words they would be deceitful, disrespectful, in humane, malicious, sneaky, insensitive, manipulative, and much more leading down the same path of description. I am unsure who is giving these outstandingly high ratings but I can almost guarantee it is someone management has twisted around their fingers. Chesapeake Urology seemed to be the perfect match upon arrival but rapidly changed to my worst nightmare. This job and it’s team of higher ups are the most money hungry corporation I’ve ever worked for( and I’ve worked for a few high end facilities). They have no morals and no regard for humans. They care none for their patients or their employees no matter how much they preach they do. It’s sad to walk into work everyday and know that you about to be harassed, insulted, disrespected, and unappreciated! We do what we have to for our families until we can do better but I would advise that if their is ANY other option for you to succeed you consider before ever considering joining Chesapeake. I can’t speak for the actual doctors officers but inbound is NOT , I repeat NOT the place to try and accomplish anything. They care nothing about you! You could be in bed in a hospital and they will fire you for not showing up. Your loved one could pass away and they’ll deny leave. Believe me this is not the place to be.
State of the Art fast growing company medical company
Fast pace environment with good culture that is diverse. Provides the utmost service to the patients they serve
Pros
Goal Oriented, growing companhy
Cons
Extremely busy
I love this company!!
I will stay til retirement!!

They have helped me grow into an expanded role there. We are like a large family

I have wonderful managers and director of nursing
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
The company’s environment is toxic !
Employees are harassed & you are talked down upon. You never know from one day to another if you have a job. The company will gorse you to change office location at a moments notice.
Cons
No job security
Upper Management speaks openely about other employees in front of them. Do you have a medical condition or any type of illness? Well, do not work here. They rather you come to work dying and threaten to not pay than you take care of your health or family. This is mostly the inbound side, but on the positive side on outbound the lower management team is fantastic. New management on outbound really made a positive impact and cared for his employees. Lower management (inbound mangers) are hardworking and try everything they can to help their teams progress. Aside from this, you will be berated on the floor in front of other employees, as the center's director says you are not doing enough. Driven by numbers and truly does not care. Preaches company morale, but it is all a ploy to look good. Her followers run back and forth to gossip about other employees, while they barely do anything. You could literally take calls until your ears bleed, but nope that is still not good enough for her. During this pandemic things were not taken as seriously as they should have and really put employees at risk. Some of the other people of upper management acted like they could do inbound's job, even though they have never taken a Patient call. They love to say what you could have done better or what they can do better than you. All whilst doing nothing but running back forth gossiping, sending rude e-mails or complaining 24/7. Please save yourself the time and keep your sanity. Work for a company who respects and values their employees. They will talk themselves up, but it just baiting.
Ever since there has been new management at Chesapeake Urology the turnover rate has increased tremendously. They are always hiring because people are always quitting because management does not care about the staff. They will say it is because "call center" work is not for everyone but no it is because they want you to be a robot and do nothing all day but have your eyes on your computer screen not even share a moment with your coworkers for more than a few seconds before they are "checking in" to see what you are doing. If you have a quantity over quality mindset this is the place for you because it is not about patient experience it is about how many calls you take per hour. They just dress things up really well on the job description and in the interview but you can tell once you're inside the people are not happy.
When someone who has been with the PAC from the beginning and has not been able to make the team successful why do you think someone can do it in 6-months the problem starts at the top the employees are disenchanted and it is directly related to the head of the PAC
Pros
Learn medical field
Cons
Work life balance. True direction
Liars. Horrible benefits.The upper Management are sneaky and treat the PAC like cattle. Stressful and depressing environment. Micro management. Don’t!
November 27, 2019
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are committed to continuous improving and to fostering a positive workplace culture for our staff. It sounds like you did not have that type of experience during your time with us, and we apologize that was not your experience. We appreciate your perspective and will look for ways that will enable us to continue to grow and improve in these areas. If you would like to discuss your experience or concerns from your time with us, please feel free to reach out to the Vice President of Human Resources or a member of our senior management team.
The most enjoyable part of the job is caring for the patients. Knowing you have made their day either by finding an appointment or being able to just listen to them tell you about their day are what makes me happy
November 27, 2019
Thank you for the great review! Just as our mission is to provide a superior patient experience, we strive to do the same for our employees. Thanks for being a a valuable part of our team!
They used to be the best to work for but now the work load is unbearable. There’s so many patients you can’t even finish your charting before the next one
This was a wonderful place to work at. If they had an open position I wouldve jumped on it. I have nothing but good things to say about it, however I didnt get the full scope as I was only an extern.
November 27, 2019
Thank you for your feedback and I'm happy to hear you had a great Externship experience. Please check out our website for our latest openings. https://www.chesapeakeurology.com/careers/
When I first started with Chesapeake Urology,  I had hope & high aspirations. Shortly after starting, that hope & those aspirations were quickly choked out & I became extremely overwhelmed & discouraged. In my department there is unfortunately NOT an efficient training program in place & there is not adequate support. Thank God, I was blessed with some extremely patient & very helpful supervisors that helped me, otherwise I would have been gone a long time ago. The longer I stay, I've seen the atmosphere/moral spiral trecherously. The turnover rate is astounding. And the hardest part is that the director will not listen to the great management team & employees that she has. There WERE times where they promoted from within but since the reduced staffing & high turn over, she decided to hire several high ranking positions externally. The saddest part is that she has people that have been there for several years & have CONSISTENTLY shown that they are capable of more but for some reason she either doesn't see it or doesn't care. She has shown her management team & top performers that they are not worth her investing into them. She constantly makes excuses for her favorites instead of calling them to mat and holding them to the SAME level of accountability that the rest of us are held to. Several employees in my department are very frustrated, worn out & they feel extremely unappreciated.

I do not plan on staying with this company as long as the management team operates like this. Hopefully one day she will really have a heart to heart with her people & truly HEAR what they have
 - more...
November 27, 2019
We appreciate your input and thank you for the review. We value our employees and are committed to providing them with an exceptional working environment. We always want our employees to feel that their voices are heard. We are glad to hear that you felt you had some patient very helpful supervisors to guide you. We will use this feedback to continue to improve. I encourage you to reach out to Human Resources or a member of our senior management team if you would like to discuss your experience and concerns. Thank you again for your feedback.
The director only sees money she has bitten off more than she can chew and instead of motivating employees she comes down on supervisors and of course it goes to the agent while she walks back and forth pass your desk but only when the call volume is high, which is all day. It’s basically an answering service for the offices who NEVER pick up and if you call for the patient they will call back and report you forget that the patient needs them. Patients do NOT come first!
July 8, 2019
Thank you for your feedback and I’m sorry to hear you had this experience. Just as our mission is to provide a superior patient experience, we strive to do the same for our employees. I know that expansion within a company can create some "growing pains" and this can lead to stress in many areas. We’ll take this feedback to our management team and look at ways to improve our processes. If you would like to provide additional feedback, please feel free to contact HR directly or any member of our senior management team.
Not a place to work to grow with the company. Management shows favoritism to employees that suck up to them. The culture of the company is non existent and management does not care about anyone besides their own pockets. You don’t get raises and management is only worry about their own pockets. They don’t do anything to help you move up in the company. This is a place for a job not a career.
Pros
Pay is ok. CEO is great and friendly.
Cons
Management doesn’t even know how to their job.
July 8, 2019
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and I'm sorry to hear that you felt this way. We're proud to say that every year we have provided merit increases for our satisfactory performing staff. We are committed to fostering a positive workplace culture for our staff and have a "promote from within philosophy". Many of our up and coming associates have "risen up through the ranks" and have taken advantage of our tuition reimbursement and in-house training and development classes/seminars to further themselves.

If you would like to further discuss your experience or concerns from your time with us, please feel free to reach out to a member of our senior management team. Thank you again for sharing this feedback so that we can use it to continue to improve and grow!
I enjoy working with this company but I need to advance my coding skills to meet my future goals. I would like to learn Multi-Specialty Coding.I enjoy working with my co workers. I love being apart of the charities.
If you want to work here you better be used to a fast paced work day. Standing on your feet all day and taking vitals that are always too sky high yet nothing is being done about it
Pros
best doctors
Cons
they don't spend time with patients or numb them while inserting caths
The job is great if you don't mind working in a call center. You have to sit at your desk and take calls from patients. You have to have a certain amount of calls per hour.
Chesapeake Urology used to be a great company. However, within the past year everything has changed. Not in a good way. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Free parking, flexible schedule
Cons
No one listens to the actual problems. Everything is “swept under the rug”
October 22, 2018
Thank you for the review. I'm sorry to hear you're feeling this way the past year. We value our employees and are committed to providing them with an exceptional working environment. We never want our employees to feel that their voices are not heard. I would recommend contacting senior management or Human Resources with your concerns. Thank you again for your feedback.
With this position, it requires a vast amount of patience, along with typing and focus. You must have empathy for the patients and be willing to give them a great experience.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chesapeake Urology Associates. Our community is ready to answer.