Chesapeake Urology Associates Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Entry Level Position
Patient Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDApril 17, 2018
Working in the call center is an entry level position for someone without any experience and no real responsibilities as the pay doesn't equate to the cost of living.
Fun Workplace
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDApril 16, 2018
I enjoyed working for Chesapeake Urology very much. The only reason for leaving was because of moving to another state. I feel that overall the management was fair but could be a bit relaxed in some aspects.
I would recommend working there.
Pros
Paid lunches
pace
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 9, 2018
good place to learn how to keep you on your toes. with the right co-workers the office will always run effectively, efficiently and will improve patient flow.
Pros
great co-workers
Aggressive work environment with new challenges and vast rewards.
Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMarch 28, 2018
Great company, good work philosophy but challenging management. They followed the FISH philosophy which included "make work fun", "accountability" and "be there" which ALL were great for office morale and productivity.
Pros
Pay, coworkers
Excellent Place to Work
Patient Assistant Center (Current Employee) –  Patient Assistant CenterMarch 24, 2018
A wonderful place to work. The managers care about the growth of the employees and they love to promote from within. The managers are knowledgeable about the positions and aren’t above jumping in to help if things are busy. Wonderful co-workers who make it feel like your working with family!

By far the best place I’ve ever worked.
Pros
Excellent growth opportunities, loves to promote from within, caring, knowledgeable management, open door policy, open to suggestions and feedback, fun culture, cares about employees, community involvement is a core value, stable and well-run.
Cons
None!
Could Use a little Help w/ their Organizational/Operational Management :(
Patient Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMarch 15, 2018
NUMBERS NUMBERS NUMBERS!!!!!
It can be stressful having to meet a monthly score just to achieve a bonus or maintain your current rate of pay otherwise it will be taken from you.
At first, there were not many opportunities for growth, but the company is getting larger which makes many individuals happy in a sense, but then it also increases the level of stress. One of the essential reasons for the elevated level of stress is the fact that it almost feels like management is executing their expansion "on a whim" there is no true order/organization and they expect the employees to smoothly transition in new policies/changes that are "effective this coming Monday" but they just created them on the preceding Friday. While management has yet to even fully discuss the details amongst themselves. The Higher Ups make you feel uncomfortable with their fake smiles and side eye. Its a tense and stressful environment where repetitiveness and robotic speech is the task of every day. Wears One Out Quick!!!!!
Pros
Paid Lunches, Nice Employees
Cons
No Organization or Structure
Changes
Senior Reconciliation Specialist -Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMarch 4, 2018
Was a great place to work. But a new group of upper management have been hired and it has become an different place to work. They are moving staff around and if you don't take the new postions they let you go.
My experience was okay there
Outbond Patient Specialist (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 23, 2018
My experience was okay there. I left to better my self I felt as I was there that it was something I don’t want to do for the rest of my life. At the time I just felt that it wasn’t for me
Benefits
Cons
Bi weekly reviews
grateful
Pre-Certification Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJanuary 20, 2018
I'm grateful for my time with this company my coworker are like family, I just cant afford the benefits. No VTO. My team is a great team and the company is always expanding.
Okay place to work
Patient Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJanuary 7, 2018
It's a high demand in the patient assistance center, but overall the company is decent. Make sure before deciding on the job that you get details about your job expectations.
Ok to work for
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDDecember 18, 2017
I like working here I just wish it wasn't so personal and based on who knows the CEO. People are afraid to speak up at times because it is a small company and you can be fired with no questions if you make the right person mad. There is plenty of diversity if you go into one of the medical offices. That changes drastically when you go to the corporate office. There is limited room for growth based on where you want to go and if they want you there, oh and if they don't already have someone in mind. I hope with time and growth the company becomes less personal and more open to promoting from within and not just laterally, where there is no promotion.
Pros
Free lunches, 401K contribution
Cons
advancement, employee/employer relationships
Fast pace setting
Patient Specialist (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDOctober 24, 2017
CUA is a good place to place. It is busy on a daily basis with patients and incoming calls for appointments and calls request for doctors from patients and vendors.
Good Workplace and Cometitive Salary
Registered Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 12, 2017
Great work hours, flexible work-life balance
Options for movement throughout multiple office locations.
Management varies throughout departments.
Community involvement is a comppany priority.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Limited professional development
Work environment
Front Desk Receptionist/Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 10, 2017
Productive and respectful work environment. I have learned to work well a very diverse group of people. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping patients, the hardest part of my job working with the phreesia pads.
Pros
lots of nice people to work with
Cons
the cost of medical insurance
Very organized and very fair
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDAugust 4, 2017
I loved CUA and my coworkers the only reason for leaving was that I moved out of state. The company and the doctors were great! My manager was smart and helpful. I could go to her with anything!
Great work environment
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MD 21117July 31, 2017
Friendly and compassionate co-workers and management, teamwork a must. Management is approachable and willing to help as needed and direct to get task completed in a timely matter.
Great nursing opportumity.
Staff RN PACU /Preop (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJune 4, 2017
Great working environment utilizing nursing skills in the care of preoperative and postoperative patients in a urology outpatient setting. Very friendly staff utilizing great team approach to patient care. Emphasis on superior customer service.
They believe in team
Medical Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 29, 2017
Chesapeake Urology is a very team based environment. From the CEO on down they all work together to ensure the patients get the best care possible. All of the offices come together as a team!
Pros
Team atmosphere
Cons
Growth potential
Horrible place to work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDFebruary 21, 2017
This is a horrible company to work for. The staff are very clicky. If the staff does not like you they will find any and every reason to get rid of you. The doctors are not pleasant at all. They talk down to staff and are very disrespectful. The mangerment is very poor. If you are not liked they will not let you grow within the company. The raises are a disgrace.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Stressful environment
CUA is the Best Company EVER
Administration (Current Employee) –  St. AgnesAugust 5, 2016
CUA keeps it real. I always know what is expected of me and where I stand. It is most efficient company with it's advanced technology. Leaders ask a lot of the employees but we are all valued and supported 100%. We are generously compensated with many, many perks throughout the year. CUA goes above and beyond with community initiatives.

The leaders of this company are relentless to improve anything and everything they can. They are transparent and fair. They use periodic meetings, e-mails, an intranet and any other method available to keep us informed.

The physicians make the day to day job fun. They too expect a lot but they treat us like family and they too are generous with the staff.
Pros
Too many to list
Cons
Very busy but that's a good thing.