Chesapeake Utilities Corporation Employee Reviews

Weird Cult
Corporate Governance Manager (Former Employee) –  Middletown, DEJune 11, 2018
The work life balance was all nighters, most days of the week from 730 to 8:00 pm, 50% of weekends, and evening meeting catchups that go from 4-7. Other interactions were slightly bizzare as well.
Terrible Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 4, 2018
The great places to work is faked. corporate needs to be replaced. Divisions are good people. They care. We have good customers. I stay no where else to work. Corporate will try to come after us. This is why people wont rite.
Accountant III (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 15, 2018
Great staff and company provides a balance between work/personal. Treat its employees well and management are easy to speak with regarding work or personal issues.
Pros
people, pay, great training, after work activities
Love This Company
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 25, 2018
Not even sure why people want to leave this place.
They are very good to their employees. Work life balance is wonderful and they care not only about you as an employee but your family. This is truly a great company.
Pros
Cons
Every company may have a con but the pros out weigh any of this
Taking the propane industry to the next level.
Propane Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDOctober 18, 2017
I worked for Sharp Energy ( Chesapeake company) as a propane delivery driver in Glen Burnie Maryland. Great company to work for. I only left the company because I had a personal financial issue to deal with. Expert management. Focus on growth and customer satisfaction. A dream job for sure.
Pros
Health benefits
Fun get togethers
Senior Systems Administrator (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 14, 2017
Nice place to work. IT is not a iSeries shop. Management lets you do your job. They are state of the art in their technology. Management is in tune to your suggestions.
Pros
Go healthcare
Cons
Long commute
Caring Management
Plant Accountant III (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 20, 2017
Great place to work. I left only because of the long 3 hr. daily commute. I will definitely work there again. Top management cares about all employees.
Pros
Family-like culture
Cons
Long commute
Working there is like a revolving door. People dont stay long, and those that do are mostly overworked and miserable
N/A (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEDecember 16, 2016
You will be ignored for the favorites, no matter how well you do your job. I was amazed to see how much time certain individuals spent on personal stuff and cell phones while management looked the other way. Very unprofessional for a large company.
Pros
Some of the people are very nice
Cons
No breaks, favoritism, no job security
Honestly, do your research
Employee (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 11, 2016
the reviews on here are nice. They even are a little right. But most miss the favoritism that happens. The reviews don't talk about mean managers and people. Just be sure you want to work in a place that won't care about you just what you do for them.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Everything else.
This was a great place to work. They sold the truck division.
tanker driver/ hazmat (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 27, 2016
Great Place to work. Jobs are short in term. I would work for them again no matter what the term. The benefits were fantastic, equipment was new and the management was the best.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Short term job
Nice place to meet new people
Customer Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDOctober 13, 2015
customer sales and service payment processing and selling of store merchandise. Sales charting and inventory. Working with customers and accounts
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not having information needed available
Decent company to work for
Claim & Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 16, 2015
Company pays great. Employees are fun to work with and the company treats its employees each month with a free family activity.
Pros
Co-workers are greaat to work with
Cons
N/a
Awesome place to work
Senior Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 13, 2013
I would have been honored to work for this company until I retire had I not relocated to Texas
All in all it was a all around great Company to work for
SENIOR SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLFebruary 7, 2013
I really enjoyed working for Chesapeak Ultilities. I loved my Job all together. The Customer, sometimes could a bit testy but I knew that it was my Job to make sure that the Customers got what they needed in a timely manner. Being the Customer Service Lead; I made sure that my Customers and Employess were always treated fairly, and if I could'nt get what they needed right then, I made it my best to go the extra mile to make it happen. My Supervisor and Management team were all Team Players...Chesapeake (Central Florida Gas) was more of a Family oreinted Company. The hardest part of my job was not being able to satisfy all my Customers....but the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to be apart of the Chesapeake Family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chesapeake Utilities Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight