Chester's Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Liars, Liars, Liars
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 12, 2018
I was approached by Chester's asking if I have full time availability, but when it came time to work me full time, they did not give me the full time hours. I asked them why, and they explained to me that they wanted someone who was "available" full time, and that did not mean that they would work me full time.
Pros
50% off food during my shift.
Cons
Management lies in order to lure in employees
Not the best but something to pay the bills
Cook/Customer (Former Employee) –  Springville, UT 84663September 17, 2017
Chesters for me taught a lot of what to expect in a crazy fast food environment. The great thing was there was always hours, but the bad thing is that often, on my days off I would have my boss try to call me in. It was challenging and fast-paced and you had to remain ready for anything. I left twice mostly because of the management switches. They would hire people that were not qualified for the job of management and it really screws everyone up. On top of that, when I had a weekend off for the first time in ages, they put me to work at the gas station side. This job pays well because they know they won't keep people if they don't. But in consideration of the tasks, it's much easier to work there compared to any other fast food joint. You have to throw in a lot of elbow grease, learn to be stubborn sometimes and have to communicate or you probably won't like working there. Be ready and able though, and you could soar through the ranks very quickly.
Pros
Decent pay, half priced chicken and fresh fruit
Cons
Overwhelming, under supported, bad management
Good people to work with.
Server (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 15, 2017
Family owned business that I enjoy working with. The sports and entertainment environment is fun. The business is always busy which makes time go faster because we all will work together.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San AntonioMarch 11, 2014
I enjoyed working here because you had managers and co- workers with positive attitudes and were willing to help out if needed. They understand your needs and helped out in any way possible. The hardest part was if we were short handed and there was only one person doing a three persons job. The most enjoyable part was working as a team with the other co workers.
Pros
discount lunches
Cons
short breaks
Job Status
Lead Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Nederland, TXJune 17, 2013
This position was peaceful and yet very limited customers served. Enjoyed the owner and his family.
Pros
family oriented company
Cons
laid-off because of limited profits