Chester County Intermediate Unit

Chester County Intermediate Unit Employee Reviews

United States64 reviews
I learned everything that I needed to learn as far as a Practical Nurse, they have a lot of clinical rotations for students such as wound care, hospice, seniors, trachs, strokes and more
I think for amount of time and energy we put into working at cciu we should be paid a little bit more. Still living pay check to pay check as a single mom I struggle day to day.
My nine-month internship with CCIU was a joy. It was challenging, but I learned new skills and grew as a professional.

Some of my favorite elements to working for this employer include a fantastic company culture -- they have a fun committee! -- as well as compensation that makes employees feel valued, professional development opportunities, and work that felt like I was adding value to my community.

I would absolutely recommend CCIU as an employer.
I have fully enjoyed my experience working for the CCIU. The roles I have held have afforded me the opportunity to learn and develop as a professional. The management and my colleagues are supportive and collaborative. The only reason I am leaving the organization is due to an out-of-state relocation.
Overall a positive workplace experience (minus the last 3 years of employment.
A typical day was direct instruction of 10-15 students providing academic and emotional support.

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the success of my students and knowing that I was part of those achievements.

The hardest part of my day was watching students struggle with things that come naturally to "typical" students.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
VB classroom takes a lot of patience and perseverance. The environment is strict and inflexible, without a lot of emotional support and appreciation from management and co-workers. Poor team member communication; aggressive at times. Low-pay, and very high expectations, but highly rewarding when you stick it out for the kids.
This was a good company to work for,good benefits,relaxed environment,the people were very caring and friendly.The CCIU administrators were hands on when making our working as one team and making sure that all the employees were on the page and same lines of our communications with the teachers and the teachers assistants and classroom sides when accomplishing our goals and with the children and school class graduates.To assist and help them while they learn a lifelong skills and to developing communications skills and help them with on-the-job training so that they can as well as we have an equal opportunity and adaptive s dad ss
Friendly Work space and inclusive environment. Perfect job for those in school and who need a flexible schedule, manager will work with you on you schedule, great part time job.
Great educational environment, great place to work. Worked there almost two decades. Many jobs for differing levels. Great pension and benefits. Summers off.
When you work here, you are apart of a team of individuals that are working to better one individual. It is a very rewarding job. You will find that some days are difficult but it is worth it in the end.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Chester County Intermediate Unit?
There are a lot of politics that go on at the IU (people passed over for jobs, trying to appease parents, etc.) that make the job more annoying that it has to be.
Pros
the student population
Cons
staff, lack of consistency and communication
Instructional assistant responsible for assisting in the implementation of educational programming and performing duties as directed by the educational consultant.
During the short time, I was a substitute for the CCIU it was ok. There was no sense of community at least as a substitute. It was difficult to communicate with management as they really had nothing to do with the substitute jobs only the pay and scheduling.
Pros
easy to get on the substitue list
Cons
hard to get advancement
Okay but no healthcare offered. Co-worker nice work well together.
I am a cashier for breakfast and lunch at CDC count drawer at end of day. Prepare meals for breakfast and lunch. Hand in breakfast and lunch report at end of week. Sub Lead Cook when head Cook out of cafeteria.
Pros
Boss is nice and makes it fun. But need benefits.
Cons
No healthcare offered
Large organization with many different departments. Good opportunities for professional development. Excellent health benefits, tuition reimbursement.
CCIU was a great place to start my professional career. Not only was I able to perfect some of my strong skills, I was also capable of strengthening my weaknesses.
I really enjoyed the CCIU and their values and commitment to their students. I loved being a job trainer. Each day was different, and challenging but always rewarding. Working with students can stretch you and help you learn a lot about yourself.
Pros
Each day was different
Cons
What I mean by my statement above, is it's a technology school, you have your automotive class, carpentry, electrical, Hvac,, culinary, if you need something done, the teachers at Chester County Intermediate Unit will do their best to help you fix, build, or repair and I am a witness to that.
Pros
Helpful Techers, great atmosphere
Cons
I do not get vacation days
It takes a special person to work with students with special needs. Most staff are committed to doing their best for their students. There is strong bond between staff like family.
Pros
Innovative teaching strategies using technology, Caring staff
Cons
Behavorial management of some students
Top notch professionals working for the best needs of children with disabilities.
Occupational therapists, speech therapists, physical therapists, vision instructors, mental health professionals are available daily to work with students.
This company is a non profit organization to assist struggling kids with unique needs find their nitch in today's work place. You have to be dedicated to the special needs population in some way to find success and fulfillment in this business. It is not for everyone, so my co-workers are truly there for the students and work as team players to help these children succeed in life goals.To see them succeed is truly rewarding.
Pros
benefits, great people to work with.
Cons
It is not an easy job, and you can get burned out. It is good to rotate your position in the company should this happen.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chester County Intermediate Unit. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
4.2
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight