Chester County Intermediate Unit Employee Reviews

my favorite job
Job Trainer (Current Employee) –  Downingtown, PADecember 2, 2018
I really enjoyed the CCIU and their values and commitment to their students. I loved being a job trainer. Each day was different, and challenging but always rewarding. Working with students can stretch you and help you learn a lot about yourself.
Pros
Each day was different
Cons
To me, it has everything you need.
P/T Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PAOctober 10, 2018
What I mean by my statement above, is it's a technology school, you have your automotive class, carpentry, electrical, Hvac,, culinary, if you need something done, the teachers at Chester County Intermediate Unit will do their best to help you fix, build, or repair and I am a witness to that.
Pros
Helpful Techers, great atmosphere
Cons
I do not get vacation days
Challenging work but a wonderful place to work
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAAugust 31, 2018
It takes a special person to work with students with special needs. Most staff are committed to doing their best for their students. There is strong bond between staff like family.
Pros
Innovative teaching strategies using technology, Caring staff
Cons
Behavorial management of some students
Wonderful learning environment for children with special needs
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAAugust 8, 2018
Top notch professionals working for the best needs of children with disabilities.
Occupational therapists, speech therapists, physical therapists, vision instructors, mental health professionals are available daily to work with students.
Team players throughout the company
Instructional Assistant/PCA (Current Employee) –  Downingtown, PAJuly 26, 2018
This company is a non profit organization to assist struggling kids with unique needs find their nitch in today's work place. You have to be dedicated to the special needs population in some way to find success and fulfillment in this business. It is not for everyone, so my co-workers are truly there for the students and work as team players to help these children succeed in life goals.To see them succeed is truly rewarding.
Pros
benefits, great people to work with.
Cons
It is not an easy job, and you can get burned out. It is good to rotate your position in the company should this happen.
CCIU a great place to work
Evening Front Desk CSR (Current Employee) –  Downingtown, PAJuly 12, 2018
This is a great work environment. There is a real sense of comradery as we are all working together to ensure that children in Chester County receive the best educational experience they can have. People enjoy coming into work every day to make a difference.
I enjoyed working with the Chester County Intermediate Unit
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAJuly 1, 2018
The working day started at 8:00 AM. We kept up with the latest in technology. Management was enthusiastic and considerate of us. The other employees were friendly and helpful.
Pros
Benefits and perks (such as cafeteria, work out room, classes)
Very tiresome work experience
Instructional Assistant/Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAJune 25, 2018
I worked with students who were identified on the autism spectrum. It was good experience working with children who had various disabilities because as a school counselor I will see that often. The work environment was very stressful and their was a lot of turnover throughout the organization.
Pros
Made good connections with coworkers
Cons
Due to a lack of resources the work environment was very stressful
Great Company to work for
Autism Support Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 17, 2018
Wonderful company to work for that supports its staff and provides substantial professional development for staff. Management is fair and knowledgeable.
Compensation and Benefits
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Downingtown, PAApril 19, 2018
The compensation and benefits packages that are offered to full time professional employees are fair and comparable with other county school districts.

Want to know more about Chester County Intermediate Unit?

Ask a question
A nightmare !
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAFebruary 15, 2018
The principals and administration are horrible. They smile in your face and stab you in the back! They make you do far more then is required in your contract. If the students enjoy your class the other teachers try and sabotage you with the students and higher ups. Many of the teachers are older and out of touch with the generation from now. The guidance counselor only looks out for herself/himself.
The kids and benefits are great but out of the numerous schools I worked at I would not recommend this one if you want a job you can count on having for a lifetime.
Great benefits but...
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAFebruary 11, 2018
Poor management
Poor new employee training
Cliquey departments

On the good side...
Great colleagues
Great students

Really depends on your independence and ability to adapt.
Cciu
Web Database Developer (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PA 19335January 17, 2018
This was a great place for me to work but I hit my ceiling and there were no advancement opportunities.

The technology team was great and I learned so much under my manager during my time there.
Great training for substitute teaching
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAJanuary 7, 2018
Enjoyed six-week crash course on teaching. Obtained PA Certificate for Substitute Teaching, but only worked part time for about six months. Sub jobs I was interested in were unavailable for my
schedule and amount of hours I preferred to work. (20 hrs/week).

Loved teaching at elementary level, but as a substitute did not get to interact with children as much as I would have liked.

Hardest part was obtaining more than one day last-minute jobs.

As I am now volunteering regularly I find the workplace culture to be very collaborative and helpful, friendly; administration at school is very appreciative of my help.
Pros
set own schedule of number of hours to work
Cons
some schools are better than others in culture, atmosphere
Three Stars
Director/Child Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PANovember 8, 2017
Cat dog in out why not up down low high good bad not sure. Stop forcing people to write reviews when they don't want to. This is kind of ridiculous that i have to count how many characters i am typing.
Meaningful Place to Work
Manager, Technical Projects (Current Employee) –  Downingtown, PANovember 4, 2017
CCIU is a leader in customer service in education management. The employees are incredibly knowledgeable and well respected in their field. This company sets the standard for educational services. This is an excellent company for individuals who want to meaningful for the community.
Pros
Knowledge, Community Service
Cons
High work volume
Supportive environment
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PA and Owen J. Roberts DistrictOctober 23, 2017
Substitute taught at elementary schools. The kids were great and the teachers very helpful. The only negative was early morning calls for a job which were fortunately rare.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Early morning calls for a job
Enjoyed swim trips with the children.
LPN (Former Employee) –  New London Elementary School.October 15, 2017
I road the bus with multiple handicapible children. Escorted children to their class room. Helped them get coats off and get acclimated to class room. Then they went to different classes with a peer from the school. LPN to be with one child.
Pros
Enjoyment of the excitement in their faces, in different circumstances
Cons
traveled an hour to work.
The position was 200 days per year.
Parent Involvement/Volunteer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAOctober 14, 2017
I enjoyed my co-workers and work environment . It was a wonderful job to have while raising my family. I was off all school holidays and summers. It was a joy working with children and their families.
Pros
Off all school holidays and summers.
Cons
Stressful
Assistant teacher
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Paoli, PASeptember 20, 2017
IEP goals were monitored and assessed weekly, and Functional Behavior Assessments were completed to address specific behavioral challenges with students. Positive Behavior Support Plans were created to address target behaviors with students, and classroom wide Positive Behavior Incentives were used to continue to motivate students in the classroom. Students individual needs were constantly being evaluated, and their educational plans, whether their needs be more appropriate for a self-contained or an inclusive setting, were considered and planned with the rest of the IEP team and classroom teachers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chester County Intermediate Unit. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight