Chesterbrook Academy Employee Reviews

normal, respetoso
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAAugust 15, 2018
Amo trabajar con kids pero deseo una mejor oportunidad de empleo
Pros
seguro medico, vacaciones
Cons
muy poco pago
Great atmosphere
Lead Pre-K Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chadds Ford, PAAugust 15, 2018
Staying at a job for three years describes in itself how wonderful of a job it was. It was very stressful, but any job working with parents and children always are. The other staff members were always helpful and nice and always there for advice. Everyone worked hard to achieve the best environment for the students.
Fun work environment, just did the same thing every day.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAAugust 15, 2018
Management wasn't always there for employers, couldn't go to them if had any issues. The staff I worked with made the days short and fun. The children and parents were great.
teacher are great
Bus Driver/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oaks, PAAugust 9, 2018
other employees are a joy
the people make the place nice. you get to know all the students and watch them grow and mature. the parents usually are very nice as well
Pros
friends are made
Cons
upper mangement has you all as a number
Great place for people with a passion for children
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAAugust 4, 2018
Overall fun place to work if you have a passion for children. Some of the standards required are a bit much for working with children of a small age such as the style of lesson planning.
Fun
Teacher Aide and Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAAugust 4, 2018
F you like working with kids than the Chester book Academy is the place to work at. It was fun and the staff was really easy to work with. And the schools in a good location.
Early Childhood
Lead Teacher/Clerical Administration (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2018
Awesome place to send your early learners. Great teachers and staff. This is a place where you can bring your child to and know they will be taken care. The teachers work very hard at providing a great learning experience for the children.
Family oriented
Teacher Assistance (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 1, 2018
Great place to work if you love children. Very well organized and a great environment to work in. Mostly dominated by women and they were all very nice and fun people to work with
Horrible management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 10, 2018
I was a principal and they did not tell me about closing the school, I was completely blind sided. One day there was a for sale sign in front of the school and my boss would not tell me what was going on until the next afternoon. When the school closed I transferred to another location as assistant principal/teacher. I was constantly berated by my bosses. The children did not get fair portions of food, and no supplies for art or new toys. Constant movement of staff made establishing a routine impossible. Total lack of respect for teachers from administrators
Pros
Cons
Manegment
It's good
Lead teacher (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 8, 2018
I enjoyed working there.
Depends on team/ management, if the Principal is great the rest of the school seems to fall together accordingly. I've experienced working there with a great principal and another who needed more organization.
Loved the parents and kids
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJune 18, 2018
good opportunity for individuals who want to pursue a career in Early Childhood education.
Seeing that a Child's face lights up for you in a morning is just priceless.
ok place to work.
Pre-School Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJune 6, 2018
It was not good at the time, but since heard they have new management, so hopefully they have improved. Hopefully coporate has listened to the concerns of the staff and made needed improvements.
Pros
the teachers
Cons
management
I love the children in my class
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 4, 2018
I feel that they continue to take advantage of the good workers in this location and I'm tired of the petty gossip of my coworkers.

I love most of the children at Chesterbrook Academy. I also love to work with the program Tadpole and send pictures of the children to the parents and I make cute comments.... I love to take the children outside to play.

I don't like staying past my scheduled time everyday because we are out of ratio and people have called out
Hard work
Director (Former Employee) –  NCJune 4, 2018
Every day was 13 hours and it is difficult to cut hourly staff hours when children went home. The staff make so little, they always had money issues to discuss at work.
Pros
Loving the children and providing an excellent learning environment
Cons
Not being able to pay teachers a salary they earned!
Busy, fun, sometimes stressful, closeknit cork environment
Lead Daycare Teacher (Current Employee) –  Exton, PAMay 28, 2018
I’ve enjoyed working here and am looking for additional part time employment outside of Chesterbrook and , they are a busy, fast paced, sometimes stressful, but rewarding, love my students and have close relationships with children and their parent. Support from coworkers always available. Very good reputation with school curriculum and safety.
Pros
Good hrs
Cons
Stress, pay
Loved the work, management was difficult to work with
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Limerick, PAMay 19, 2018
While I loved the children and parents in my care and the work itself, I found the management difficult to work with. However, I enjoyed the curriculum andI also loved the ways in which they were involved with the community.
Pros
Involvement with the community, great curriculum
Cons
Inconsistencies in the way policies were applied
the best
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 9, 2018
An excellent place to work for Everyone is so friendly and take care of each other. The director is terrific she always took care of her teachers and the entire center making sure it was running smoothly for everyone.
Fun and engaging
Lead Teacher Pre-K teacher (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCMay 9, 2018
My time at Chesterbrook was enjoyable and my responsibilities included opportunities for growth. Working with young children is a passion of mine and I love the challenge of changing the learning environment in order to meet the learning needs of each child in my care.
Pros
Lunch Break
Cons
not enough holidays off
I never want to work here again
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VAMay 4, 2018
Its just this location I have worked for this company before in other locations, everything was fine and professional. Management was not professional, they had favorites not everyone abides to the rules. The hardest part about working here was finding the motivation to come back. I was burned out I gave my all to this jobs and they just disrespected me in the end.
Poor management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Aldie, VAApril 29, 2018
Love to work with the kiddos but poor communication between the management and staff also organization make the job very stressful. I think the only thing they care of is enrollment not the teachers....