Chesterbrook Academy Employee Reviews

Best place to work!
Infant Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 19, 2018
I loved working at Chesterbrook and could have seen myself working there for life. Sadly I relocated and have to leave only after six months. The management is awesome and understanding. The children and staff were great. I highly recommend Chesterbrook Academy.
good, not great place to work
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Oaks, PAApril 11, 2018
management was incredibly poor, left to figure out what to do with the kids to entertain them for most of the summer, the families that attend the school and the environment are great but they were under the wrong leadership while i was there
Prossional
Assistant Teacher/Floater (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 10, 2018
The atmosphere at chesterbrook academy was very professional. The job as an assistant/ floater was a little stressful. The teachers were fun and they were committed to help the children learn. They were all friendly.
Pros
Professional
Cons
Not a relaxed atmosphere
Gereat co-workers, bad managers
Associate Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 5, 2018
IT was a good experience overall but I do think they don't really give chances. I mean I loved my co-workers but the management was crazy. I asked about dress code and they said I could wear leggings with a dress But then I did that and got fired for it.
Pros
Free Lunches sometimes
Cons
too long breaks
Relax
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLApril 4, 2018
They have competitive salaries, laid back work environment and worked with any days off or doctors appointments when available. Management is ok. Turn over rate is high though.
Productive and great workplace
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 3, 2018
A typical day is taking care of 2 yr. olds and learning them many activities far as getting them to have the skills of learning to promote to the next grade level.
Pros
good lunches
Cons
short breaks
Fun, challenging and collaborative
Teacher of Pre-school and Pre-K (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJMarch 24, 2018
Working in this private school provided me with the tools and experience to handle any future teaching and childcare positions. It was extremely challenging but the duties and demands of the job came very naturally to me.
despicable.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 4, 2018
Management and teachers acted like a clique of highschool girls. Everyone's seemingly nice to your face, but talk behind our back, they're pretty manipulative as well.

Did not enjoy working there, besides the children. Whom were generally very poorly taken care of. Teachers do the bare minimum and do not know how to discipline children effectively. They would guilt trip the kids and be very snarky and dismissive and generally very disrespectful to the little lives we were responsible for.

Also ratios were always off, because they would never cap admission.
Pros
Cons
toxic, unprofessional, very poor work environment and team morale.
Good
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 28, 2018
Easy job co workers are nice . Bosses work with you and ur family if time is needed off Easy to learn job!!! Hour lunch
Family’s are very nice that you work with!!
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Low pay
A great place to work as long as you are dedicated to the job!
Toddler Lead Teacher (16mos-24mos) (Current Employee) –  Centreville, VAFebruary 25, 2018
Take your job seriously. You are molding the minds of future generations. Work hard. Manage your work load, confide in your colleagues, and find out how to create a classroom that you can work with.
Pros
The kids, the relationships you build with colleagues and the families that come into your care
Cons
The kids can be stressful and so can the workload
clickish
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lionville, PAFebruary 24, 2018
the other teachers had clicks and did not pay enough attention to the children. The teachers loved to go behind your back and try to get you fired especially if the parents of the children liked you .
Loved the kids, disliked almost everything else
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 20, 2018
The hours were awful. Low pay. Management was good, but played favorites.
Parents pay a lot to afford putting their kids here, but the employees are paid such a low hourly wage, they may as well take up a job at McDonald's.
Kids were fantastic to teach, and the curriculum is great, but the employees have a hard time finding a reason to stay and work when they can't sustain a livable wage or get any paid time off.
Low pay, poor management.
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Audubon, PAFebruary 12, 2018
You get no sick days, no PTO, vacation starts after a year (which is horrible), the principle is racist, they gives special treatment to certain people and not to the people who deserve it.The amount of money theses parents pay to Chester brook and what we make is a JOKE, we do not even see 1% of what they pay.The job is VERY stressful, you get no help, you cant even use the bathroom. You do not feel appreciated or like anyone cares about you at this job. The benefits are a joke and the amount of money taken out is horrible. They take out so many taxes, and the kids are constantly sick. You would think working at a daycare you would be appreciated and able to live a stress-free life and you cant.
It is a fun and supportive place to work. However there are things that are unfair when it comes to rasies and advancements.
Lead Teacher for Pre-kindergarten Classroom (Current Employee) –  clifton, vaFebruary 8, 2018
Love the children and working with them. Chesterbrook has a strong links to learning material and is easy to implement and show strong results. However there is a run around when it comes to advancement in the company and increase in wages.
Could Be Better
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 28, 2018
I feel that it is an enjoyable place to work due to the fact that the families and the children are great. As far as the pay and the job environment, it could be better.
benefits
Cons
low pay, poor management
I have been working at Chester brook full time
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJanuary 27, 2018
I have been working with this company for one year and in my year working over here i have learned so much from my co-workers and supervisors.I have gained so much experience in my field, and have met some amazing people. The supervisors are there when you need guidance or help but also they give you space because they trust you to do your job.
Fast paced facility with no organization
Assistant Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chalfont, PAJanuary 21, 2018
This facility was fast paced with a lack of organization from the director. We always had to be on the tip of our toes because of the job that was required of us.
professional
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJanuary 15, 2018
Chesterbrook Academy has a very professional and school based setting. The curriculum is wonderful and class sizes are smaller, which benefits the children and shows in there developmental progress.
Pros
professional atmosphere
Challenging, respected and joyful
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 15, 2018
Working with children is very challenging yet very satisfactory. A good morning smile from student makes you come back to work everyday. I have leaned about children's behavior and working with children at Chesterbrook..
Incredibly disorganized, Lack of management, children not taught by qualified individuals
Lead Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAJanuary 3, 2018
Hired and received no training. Had to figure out their attendance system, daily schedule, etc. on my own.

Workplace was incredibly disorganized with the person in charge constantly changing.

Told that I was going to get an assistant and never did.