Chesterfield County Public Schools Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
awesome place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  nonyaJuly 21, 2018
great place to work especially if you love kids and want to positively affect lives. kids are great, staff is great, there is always food for staff, every school is truly like a family
Very organized
CDL DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAJuly 12, 2018
Very organized
Great kids
Great co-workers
Relaxed atmosphere
Hardest part of the jobs is dealing with the kids
Most enjoyable part of the job is the kids
Fun experience
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  North Chesterfield, VAJuly 5, 2018
It’s a fun learning experience and being around other co works.
On a good day we Serve 200 kids.
There are days we will just have fun at our job and get our work done.
Collaborative and welcoming workplace
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJuly 2, 2018
I was a substitute with CCPS and always felt welcomed and encouraged to ask questions if needed. Office staff, teachers, and other faculty members were typically very kind and energetic. I love the fast-paced yet accommodating workplace that CCPS offered.
productive enjoyable enviroment
Cashier/Food Preparation (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 23, 2018
Productive work enviroment. Would refer anyone to a good company.Use of my skllls and abilities and knowlege work ethics. Do required assigned job duties. Be alert at all times. Be on time. Keep good attendance. Listen and follow instructions given. Look for opportunities to advance.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no take home food
Good schools
General Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAJune 22, 2018
8:30-4:00 daily M-F
Learned to be flexible, supportive, and how to work collaboratively,
Hardest part of the job is the emotional stress of working with 20+ kids and their parents through their academic journey.
It was peaceful.
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJune 8, 2018
Most days you came in and cleaned your area. If you had extra time you could work on your floors. During the summer is when we got down and dirty on the floorwork
appreciation
Clinic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, VA 23832June 5, 2018
Great place to work. You can travel from school to school if you like The benefits even though changed over the years are still good. Service with a smile
Very good to work for
Assistant Zone Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAMay 25, 2018
i was at the Chesterfield county as a zone supervisor when they concerted the work out to SSC and it did not go well at SSC. but now i am back at the county.
Amazing Culture
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAMay 24, 2018
Chesterfield County Schools is a wonderful place to work. The support of the administration makes it a joy to come to work every day. This is a magical place to work.
Pros
Supportive staff.
Cons
Salary
Busy and productive
Substitute Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAMay 23, 2018
I helped prepare and serve school lunches. Then I helped wash dishes and clean the kitchen. I liked the managers and my coworkers. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was washing the dishes, because I'd always come out of the dishroom looking like I'd showered with my clothes on. The most enjoyable part of the job was eating lunch with my coworkers before time to serve student lunches.
Pros
Free lunches, camaraderie
Cons
Dish room
Honesty
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 21, 2018
It was a good place to work. Everyone was nice just not enough hours or pay I would go back if able to. The staff and managers were great. It was a place where you got to work at your own pace. The hours were good. The locations of the schools were not bad.
Pros
self-paced
Cons
not enough pay
Innovative school division, Trend setter in the marketplace
Director of Professional Development (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield County, VAMay 2, 2018
CCPS is a leader in the field of education, as it is one of the largest school districts in Virginia. For that reason, it is always on the cutting edge in educational trends and leads the way in the state with any new state mandates or requirements.

I had a very positive experience in the school division.
Pros
Innovative environment
Student centered environment
RN and Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAApril 29, 2018
Long and short term sub for teacher, clinic nurse, and special education area. Everyone was helpful, supportive, and had prepared
lessons to follow. I enjoyed visiting the classroom of different grades. You need to be flexible and able to manage a class well.
Pros
Close to my home and great parking.
Cons
Pay could have been better.
low pay
Teacher/Part Time (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAApril 27, 2018
pay is not that competitive for work involved. technology is a little behind the times. not much opportunity to work alternate schedules or teleworik
Don't work at lower level schools.
Math / Science Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield County, VA middle schoolsApril 21, 2018
People you work with are great, but if it's the bottom schools in standard testing, don't bother applying. It's stressful! Go for the top 50% of the schools in the list (in standardized score rating).
Cons
You work like a horse even on weekends.
Public School Teaching
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAApril 10, 2018
Contract hours are less than 8 hours per day, but you rarely get to leave at contract hours and typically also have to take work home. The best part of the job is the students. The culture of individual schools is determined by Faculty and Admin.
Chesterfield County Public Schools
Mentor/Tutor (Current Employee) –  North Chesterfield, VAMarch 30, 2018
Working for Chesterfield County Public Schools has been a great experience for me. As a mentor, I was able to interact with teachers to determine the most productive lessons to give the students at Bellwood Elementary School for that week.
Education within a diffrent perspective
Substitute Technology Resource Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAMarch 28, 2018
Since I am a substitute teacher, my role is to fill in when the instructor is unavailable and to educate students on a lesson their instructor has left off from the last class.
Pros
I can teach and supervise a class on my own
Cons
The amout of pay and less benefits
LIBRARY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  North Chesterfield, VAMarch 23, 2018
I arrive at 7:30 open up the library. Turn on circulation computers, load them. Get library ready for the day. Around 8:05 the students arrive to return books and check out new ones. Assist my librarians with any duty they need done. If we have classes I run Overdue reports notification to students about their books. I repair books, laminate and assistant teachers in any duty they may need. On each bell that rings I have Hall Duty to keep order in hallways while students change classes. I check with teachers to see if they need any help. I organize Adult helpers during the morning time and also organize students helpers for last block of the day to help shelf or check out students. These students choose this over an elective. End of day shut down computers and prepare for the next day. Nothing of my job is hard. It is very busy but not hard. And the MOST enjoyable part of my job is putting smiles on a sad student or staff member, And being there for them to make their day little easier. I am also very supportive of our after school activities.
Pros
Working with great Staff and Students
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chesterfield County Public Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight