CHESTNUT LAND COMPANY Employee Reviews

Great family oriented company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  MississippiDecember 28, 2018
Chestnutland recognizes and rewards hard work. The home office in Ohio gives endless support with any issues that may arise and they do their best to make sure everyone is comfortable. With over 90 locations across 16 states, there is plenty of room for advancement.
Pros
Advancement opportunites, benefits, support
Poor management
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn hills michiganOctober 10, 2018
I was an assistant manager. I had a bad apple for a boss. As soon as I got promoted she stopped coming to work and I was acting gm with absolutely no training and were talking in an extremely high volume mall around the holidays. The district manager had been in contact with me to let me know they were going to be getting rid of her and to please just keep doing what I was doing and that my job was 100% secure. Only for them to fire me an hour after the fired her. This was right before Christmas and I had just bought a brand new car.

They don’t care about your personal life. Took my mom to the hospital for what we thought was a heart attack at the time. Had to call off. Had my job threatened for it.

They brought in another guy because this mall has 2 locations and said he was to “help”. Turns out he was there to take all our jobs. Nobody told us (obviously) and while we were struggling trying to learn the job on our own he was sent to their training facility in PA.

Only “positive” thing I can say is I moved up very fast. Minimum wage part time crew to an assistant manager in 4 months. But maybe that’s was their problem. They were so desperate for employees they didn’t properly train the ones they had and we were set up for failure.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Shady upper management
Horrible Company Not Organized
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 7, 2018
Chestnut land is not organized at all they always hire from outside the company not within . When your discussing pay they always try to pay you the Lowest possible and they over work you
Pros
Free food
Cons
No advancement
Don't Waste Your Time
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Tyrone Square Mall, FLOctober 30, 2018
This is an absolutely horrible company to work for. Poor management who always took naps in the office and in their car but refused to give anybody else a break. Management constantly showed up late to their shifts without letting anybody know. Please don't ever consider working for this company. I'm sorry I wasted 6 months of my life to them and if I could take it back, I would.
Cons
Horrible management
Love the ppl I work with besides my manager
Shift Leader and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 3, 2018
Don’t get me wrong I don’t hate this place corporate just doesn’t communicate or solve issues that need to be solved I work as if I were a assistant manager but I’m a shift leader . I feel like if I’m gonna be working GM hours I need to get paid for it .
Pros
I work with wonderful ppl And delicious pretzels
Cons
To much work and not the right pay ! Corporate doesn’t solve issues
pretzels are delicious
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJune 21, 2018
Work advancement sucked, they typically hired inexperienced shift leaders from outside of the company instead of promoting within. The only good thing besides how well we all worked together was that we got free lunch.
Productive, multitasking
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 15, 2016
A typical day of work I would mange a team between four and five people a shift. Depending on how busy and the amount of money that the store was making. I would assign task, make sure everyone was doing them, schedule future shift. Make products, sell products and clean.
Pros
Flexible
High Volume
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 28, 2015
The day-to-day operations of this store are typically done while multitasking due to the nature of the high volume location. This position for any retailer at an outlets can be challenging, but what manager is not looking for a challenge? This position has been particularly challenging because of the odd structure to the company, yet it has also been entirely rewarding once the issues surrounding staffing, operations and training and development were resolved. It has been a pleasure to observe my staff growing and advancing, while learning more about the business, as well as, observing the store turn around.
Pros
Staff, Bonus Structure, Responsive Corporate Staff
Cons
Breaks, Workload, Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHESTNUT LAND COMPANY. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7