Chestnut Ridge Nursing and Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
2.8Job Security & Advancement
Run!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cumming GeorgiaMarch 1, 2018
If you work the overnight shift and on a certain Hall you have to get up around 8 patients. You're constantly having to go hunt down supplies in order to get the job done taking care of the patients. Very frustrating and stressful!!!
Benefits
Cons
Overworked and stressful
Great place to work....
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAJanuary 30, 2018
This is a Great place to work. They really care about their employees and residents. I highly recommend this place. The administrator is wonderful and goes the extra mile to help and do whatever needs to be done for the residents.
Pros
Great people to work with
Uninviting work environment
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAJanuary 4, 2017
Under the new management, Chestnut Ridge may be a better place to work, but while I was there, the work environment was stressful with a lot of office drama.
Pros
Helping and talking with patients
Cons
Office drama
Quality Opportunities
Certified Nurse Assistant, Duties (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAJanuary 1, 2016
Chestnut Ridge is a adequate medical center. Throughout employment I learned a lot about one on one patient care. I value what I learned working at this facility.
Pros
Quality Opportunities
Cons
n/a
Loving environment for geriatric care
LPN (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAMarch 21, 2014
The residents are cherished at CNR. Without them work really wouldn't be as easy to wake up to 5 days a week. A typical day is very busy, breaks are near impossible and the workload is heavy, with 30+ people per nurse. It's a great environment to sharpen your clinical skills but most of which is not overseen. Having said that, the management dynamic has changed very much in the past year. Unit managers are rarely seen. The director isn't much of a "get your hands dirty" type person. The nurses for the most part all help one another and are around for advice. The hardest part of my job is giving everyone my full attention. As I mentioned, the amount of residents combined with the LARGE med pass and daily
emergencies make it difficult to practice holistic nursing.
Pros
Pto