Chevron Phillips Chemical Company Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Good place to work at if you do your job correctly and they see you working but supervisors are not considerate for certain circomstances
Painter B (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 30, 2018
The supervisors would pay me 16 an hr when painter b get 21 they were not considerate when it came to your job. Sometimes the work could not be done but would go around the safety precautions to finish said job
Pros
Hours and work
Cons
Lower pay for your job than its supposed to be
Great work place for career seekers
Level 4 production operator (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJuly 22, 2018
It's a great place to work with great pay and awesome benefits. The more you excel at your position the more pay raise. Great career opportunities for those who wanna climb the corporate latter. Hours are good but the schedule of switch shift, one month days and one month nights, can make or break you.
Great supervision
Rigger (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXJuly 8, 2018
Good company great supervision everyone got along every body worked to get as an team and not against one another company looked out for their employees not just their self
Pros
Good pay great supervision
Cons
It was an turnaround job
Somewhat flexible schedule
Chemical Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Borger, TXJune 26, 2018
A typical day included transporting hazardous material to the buyer destination in a safe and timely manner. I enjoyed my time in my department and was always so impressed with the way my supervisor was willing to make sure I excelled at my job.
Pros
50 Guarantee
Cons
2 days home during busy season
It was a joke
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXMay 21, 2018
Had to work on days off rotate days and nights , the supervisor can take off when wanted but wouldn't let you off at all and if you did take off for sickness or what ever reason it took your vacation days away . Very unfair place to work they speak about diversity but it only applies for some people . I did not like it there I gave 3 years of my life to that place and when I left I promised I would never have any missed feelings for that place .
Pros
Days off in the week
Cons
Rotating nights and day, having to work on days off
Great place and full of knowledge
Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMay 4, 2018
Wild wild west with peoples personalities if you don't have backbone not for you... If you do Have FUN the days are long but the people you meet make it interesting.
Learned a lot of new technology
General Foreman (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXMay 2, 2018
Willing to work from bottom up to be a productive team member seemed to be capped at this time we had a great team until for various reasons people started leaving and replaced with les knowledgeable people
Pros
Learned new technology
Cons
Limited growth potential
Friendly people
Furnace Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Sweeny, TXApril 19, 2018
Start the day with safety huddle then go outside for routine rounds of equipment.
Around 6:30 am maintenance contractors come in to get a work permit and you take them outside to make sure they get started on correct equipment.
End of shift you make a update log on computer to pass on to night shift.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Poor shift schedule
Excellent Chemical Company
Technician (Current Employee) –  Sweeny, TXApril 18, 2018
The Company is a excellent place to work and learn a skill. However, without a chemical engineering degree your advancement options are limited.

Training and college classes are paid 80% on a reimbursement style system.

9/80 work schedule for most workers. Engineers are treated well and specialists are paid similar to engineers.
Pros
9/80 work schedule
Cons
Lack of career advancement, even with advanced degrees
company
Worker (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXApril 2, 2018
Good company to work for. As at many plants you have to get in where you fit in or something like that. Probably best for new engineers and interns to begin their careers.
I have not worked for Chevron in years
Labor Foreman (Former Employee) –  Old Ocean, TXMarch 25, 2018
I have not worked for this company in years and can't comment on many things as of today.
During my years of employment, I enjoyed the environment tremendously.
Basic Corporate
Document Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 13, 2018
Workplace culture was friendly but competitive. Work hours were flexible with a 9/80 schedule. Workloads could be quite extensive resulting in OT. Management was willing to help and allowed people to grow in their careers.
A very good company to work.
HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXMarch 2, 2018
I did learn and enjoy working for Chevron Phillips. I started my career in 1995 until I retired on June 2016. During the time that I worked for the company they provided me with a lots of opportunities.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Traveling
Good Place to Work
PROCESS OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMarch 1, 2018
Enjoyed working for the company. They have great benefits and treat their employees well. I would recommend anyone looking for a position with a company to apply there.
Productive and fun workplace
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXFebruary 28, 2018
Typical day at work is challenging but rewarding.
Have to be skilled at multitasking.
My current supervisor is great to work with, pushes you to learn more, to advance and supports you.
Project Management Team
HSE Manager Polyethylene Project Sweeny, TX (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2018
Strong management team with the ability to work together and make tuff decisions for a successful project. Safety of the work force was always at the fore front of those decisions
Great people, when I started felt like a family atmosphere.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 5, 2018
It was a great place to work for many years. I was just ready for a change in careers after 37 years. I appreciate all Gulf/Chevron/Chevron Phillips did for me over the years. I had great Supervisor's and some not so much. It is hard to express my feelings after working for a place and getting to know people after so many years. IT was hard decision but I decided to relocate back to Tyler to care for my elderly Mother. I love helping other's especially the elderly, that is my passion.
Pros
Great money and benefits/people.
Cons
Worked out in plant and long hours.
Good Job
Piping/Insulation Lead (Current Employee) –  Cedar Bayou, TXDecember 14, 2017
It was just temporary. Job is completed. This was a construction project. I completed my portion of the project. And now it is time to move on to the next project.
Long term contract postion from engineering office to field construction and startup
Review of contractor (Former Employee) –  Old Ocean, TXNovember 29, 2017
There are a lot good people that are working for ChevronPhillips and they are team players. I would recommend the company highly for employment opportunities.
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Sweeny, TXNovember 16, 2017
As an operator, you are assigned an area to watch over. You make hourly rounds to make sure your equipment is doing good. You make adjustments to process as necessary.