Chevron Employee Reviews

Found 2,364 reviews matching the search See all 2,819 reviews
It depends where you land!
Behavioral Change Manager (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CASeptember 21, 2018
As with any large organization, the work group or department culture varies. I have been happy in contract roles there, but less so this time around due to lack of clarity on roles and little project management experience within the group.

By and large, management is great, but there is a loose cannon involved on this project who sometimes insults employees and contractors alike. I have had him mansplain a task for me in an area where I have over 30 years experience and he has none.
Pros
Flexible work schedules (9/80), great mission and culture.
Cons
As a contractor, I have to put up with behavior I would be reporting to HR, or at least another boss.
Balanced job work and life balance
Logging job planning and QC (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2018
Good place to start your career. Learned a lot from peers and elder colleagues. Workplace culture is productive, although decision making can be slow sometimes.
Pros
work balance
Cons
job security
it was a fun atmsphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Theodore, ALSeptember 20, 2018
I liked working there it was just the rule changed alot cause of people not dong their jobs,The store was pretty clean , the cooler was always a mess and cooler was hardly ever stocked.
Pros
family environment
Cons
the pay wasn't enough
Tinge unfair
Store Clerk/Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WASeptember 19, 2018
Plenty of work if you don't mind some unfair treatment. It always seemed the owner and owners wife preferred another employee. A series of back handed promises only to get them taken away.
Pros
Nice neighbors
Cons
No breaks
Family orientated
OPERATIONS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lovington, NMSeptember 18, 2018
Work was constant. Everyone is willing to help. Chevron employees are kind to one another and work well with each other. Family is highly valued. They treat each other like family.
Company has high standards for the products they sell as well as the diverse group of people they employ.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 18, 2018
Each day was challenging and also rewarding. I learned a great deal about a fuel service and document retention. Upper management always willing to get involved to help you achieve your goals. Employs a hard working, diverse group of people. The hardest part of the job was to complete the daily requirements of the store management staff in an eight hour period. Knowing my hard work was acknowledged and appreciated.
Pros
Fun team building trips with peers.
Cons
Having to be available 24/7/365.
Cashier at chevron
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95828September 17, 2018
I learned many things from there like how to talk and communicate with people. Management was good. They always helped me whenever i have any problem.
Great Company to work at
Scrum Master/Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2018
Great company to work at. Understands family value; Great working culture and enjoyed working with some amazing individuals. I would recommend to work here.
Great workplace and plenty of opportunities for advancement
Contracts Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2018
I enjoyed working for Chevron. I learned a lot and was allowed opportunities for advancement. My boss's were great and I would recommend working for Chevron.
Pros
Great pay, Flexible hours, good benefits
Cons
No paid vacation
great enviroment
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 15, 2018
everyone i worked with was great if i had a chance ill work there again
lack of structure
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ahwatukee, AZSeptember 13, 2018
Have not worked at this company in a while, when I were there it had lack of structure, accountability and development. Hours were not flexible and management was not disciplined.
Very fast paced and busy a the time.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 13, 2018
Time went by fast and there was always task at hand. We would split task between two employees. We would get vendors all times of the day so we’re contantly stocking and front facing. And also sanitizing EVERYTHING !
Good Environment
CASHIER/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Vista, CASeptember 11, 2018
Learned to be a cashier, customer service. Great experience with management and coworkers. Learned to deal with angry customers. Typical day at work would be of making ice, cashiering, and stocking things in the fridge.
Nice Place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Moss Point, MSSeptember 11, 2018
Overall nice place, friendly people. Customer inflow was nice and steady. Lots of cleaning and making sure the store looked nice for the customers. Most aggravating thing is stocking the cooler
I enjoyed my time at Chevron.
Senior Staff Earth Scientist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Working at Chevron was fun, challenging and rewarding. Employee relationship is very important in the culture. The management respects every employees opinion
Incompetence at its finest
D&C ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  GOMSeptember 11, 2018
managers and team leads have no idea what their direct reports do because they've never done the job before.

you have zero job security

producing oil is about #27 on the priority list for your performance review

nepotism
Pros
their 401k contribution is nice, vacation
Cons
management
Productive and fun working with public
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CASeptember 11, 2018
I loved this job! Had a wonderful time with customers, regular and traveler. Selling product, lottery things of this nature were fun and rewarding both for customer and being witness to.
Pros
Customer service
Cons
slow moments
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  DuPont, WASeptember 11, 2018
It's fast-paced, hours are good, you work with people and if you're a people person you'll find it enjoyable. Co-workers more or less were awesome and helpful.
Pros
Free lunch, Free Coffee, Free Sodas and Icee, Good hours, Encouraging co-workers, Busy
Cons
None that I know
I don’t recommend anyone working at 4 Corners Chevron.
Cashier/Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSSeptember 11, 2018
Management was very poor. He was a very irresponsible/unprofessional man. He took forever to send your schedule. On the bright side, he was very flexible with hours, but he didn’t know how to talk to his employees.
Stressful work environment.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Gila Bend, AZSeptember 10, 2018
The boss was uptight and there was a lot of favoritism going on. They made us work with food even though some of my team were obviously sick and shouldn't have bee working. They did not require us to have a food handlers card and that should have been a requirement for anyone working with food.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K

See reviews about

Diversity score

73out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Chevron.

Powered by Comparably