Chevron Employee Reviews

Found 2,703 reviews matching the search See all 3,502 reviews
My duties at Chevron
Operator (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GANovember 16, 2018
I worked at Chevron, Doraville as a contractor. My main objective was to test the additives in the winter gas blend. Testing occurs September through April. When not in blending season I maintained the office building and grounds at the terminal, cleaning, painting, mowing and weed eating.
Pros
Wasn't micro-managed
Cons
Being a contractor I was not given the opportunity for benefits, overtime, paid holidays, etc.
Excellent
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 15, 2018
Excellent. I am not interested in writing a review as everybody's experience is different. It all depends on the group that you are working for and relationship with the manager and coworkers. I had pleasant experience and fortunate to work for nice group of people.
Excellent place to work
FIELD MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  LouisianaNovember 14, 2018
Chevron is an excellent place to work with great benefits. Great people and the operators I worked with were amazing. It's hard to beat the seven days on seven days off.
Alot of customer interaction
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 14, 2018
I got to learn all the working aspects of a gas station. There is never downtime so there is always something to do to keep someone busy. Always meeting new people.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Good pay
Triangle of Prevention (TOP) Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond RefineryNovember 14, 2018
Chevron offers good pay and benefits but it comes at a cost. Working weekends holidays and nights along with consistant forces deplete your days off. Hopefully they hire soon to allow for a less stressful workplace.
Not a great place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakley, CANovember 13, 2018
Owner acts as manager and is very over bearing for the small pay provided. I would not work here ever again and I wouldn’t want anyone else to either.
Engaging and productive one team culture
Sr. SharePoint Analyst/Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2018
One of the best work environments i have experienced where one team behavior is practiced very well so that the project/program goals are accomplished in accordance with the road-map.
Fun , Easy , Fast
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 12, 2018
I really enjoy working at gas stations i get a good vibe and meet a lot of different people , you get to engage more in life i feel like when you meet different kind of people and working at chevron really was all about just making sure you get the job done you can still enjoy your time at work you just have to multitask and stay focused
Pros
You get to eat, and you get to talk to the funny customers there are actually good people out here
Cons
Short breaks, and the ride customers
It was very fun to work with people.
chashier (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLNovember 12, 2018
I love working there because it fun. I love meeting people from different countries and states. I love the people that I worked with. It was little scary to work there but nothing happened while working there.
Good place to work whit
Solid Control Supervisor as a contractor (Former Employee) –  VENEZUELANovember 11, 2018
Well I was a great experience over all great management and always available to tech you in my experience there I was bless to have the opportunity to know new people and have a great experience in work
Pros
Good people
Cons
Great
chevron on grand calliou
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Houma, LANovember 10, 2018
the people at chevron was always judgmental about everything, i dont really know how to descrbe working thier . it was a job and its hard finding a good work environment now in days
Pros
pay was good and got to meet all kinds of new people
Cons
work environment is harable
Kind of hostile work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 8, 2018
Good co workers
Nice customers
Good food
I learned how to work at a fast paced gas station
I learned about the great quality of the gas
Just no breaks
Cons
No breaks
Would not recommend
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 8, 2018
The manager didn't give a hoot about labor laws. No mandatory breaks were given.

Schedules changed drastically from week to week; you could get as little as 8 one week and as much as 38 the next.
bad company
Gas Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 7, 2018
Try not to accuse, refute, or blame. In fact, industry experts recommend that you simply restate the company policies and speak to how you will right the wrong.No matter how offensive the review is, always assume that the customer might be right. (I don’t believe that the customer is alwaysright.)For example, if a customer is upset about shipping times on a certain product, you can the repeat shipping policy, send a link and comment that delays can be expected at times. You can also add how committed your company is to their customers and work hard to make sure shipments are made on time and accurately. An option might be to offer the customer free shipping on his or her next order. This may calm the situation but can also let other customers know that you are serious in meeting customer demands within time and budget.You might even have the customer change their rating from 2 or 3 stars to hopefully 4 or 5.
productive and fast paced enovironment.
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 7, 2018
• Maintaining file systems and enforcing SeLinux and Kerberos authentication on NFS shares
• Implemented SSL/TLS certificate on apache web servers
• Configure storage, disk management, logical volume management and logical partitioning
• Created manual test cases based on test plan and requirement documents
• Remote copying files using ftp, WinSCP, and FileZilla
• Use KVM, DSview and IDRAC for remote access of servers
• Configure and implement firewall/iptables rules based on requirements
• Created, admitted and maintained user accounts with stipulated permissions
• Configured DNS, NFS, and Apache on newly installed machines
• Operating Systems Automation using bash scrips
• Experienced using Red Hat Satellite server to deploy, monitor, update and manage systems
• Troubleshoot connectivity to servers and network system
• Used VI/VIM text editor to modify configuration file, create cron jobs and scrips
• Work with Database administrators to tune kernel for Oracle installations
a day in chevron
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 6, 2018
can be fun but very stressfull at times if you take your job seriously
you have to be fast on the cash register and have very good time management skills
Pros
its flexible
Cons
the pay should be better
not the greatest job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Stevens, WANovember 5, 2018
bad staff lazy people nice stores though thats it expect alot out of you for little pay like we have to landscaping fill pot wholes buy the fresh product from safeway
An experience especially at the location
Cashier Attendent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles CaliforniaNovember 5, 2018
Working for Chevron as an experience itself safety always comes first and working at the location where I was at which is on the Brea and Exposition was an experience especially working graveyard you have a lot of strange people at night other than that my supervisor was great she always was on time helping us out making sure everything was in order helping us, money or cigarettes other than that everything was fine there it was just a little too far for me
Performance management
Customer Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 5, 2018
One of the leading oil industry in exploration. Very reliable, Cares a lot about the safety of there employees. Customer satisfaction, • Safety management and reporting
no no no dont do it
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brookings, ORNovember 5, 2018
Unprofessional management , toxic work environment , no breaks even though the law requires them , the only way you'll get a break is if you are a smoker and have to have a smoke break . Managers dont help, and any issues you have will never be kept confidential .
Pros
free polar pops while on your shift
Cons
no breaks except if you smoked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.1K

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight