Chevron Employee Reviews

Found 1,664 reviews matching the search
Boring job with passive agressive manager
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Olivehurst, CASeptember 24, 2017
Work was boring and slow. Manager was passive aggressive and punished us for requesting a day off with a two weeks notice. Hardest part of the job was tolerating the manager, Easiest part was the actual job. Any employee who wasn't a keyholder got about 12 hours a week.
Pros
Laid back night shifts, free coffee
Cons
Management, short breaks, hours
It was a good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALSeptember 24, 2017
I was a hard worker there. Just not enough pay. Loved my store and all who I worked with. Manager was easy to get along with day to day job tasks were cleaning store and bathrooms stocking cooler running shells and maintain customer service
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Short breaks
Great career
Shipping Receiving Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SC 29405September 23, 2017
A great career to take care of you and the family.
Very stressful at times. You just have to deal, and have an outlet to be able to deal with the stress.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Stressful situations
Was a Great starter job.
Full time employee (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CASeptember 21, 2017
This particular chevron has good management. This job allowed me to excel and work with great people. Its a typical gas station job, however it led to many opportunities for me. .
big diversity , safe environment
Business Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2017
very good culture, big diversity company , safe place and environment, personnel development is important for this company ,
I worked for Chevron KZ BU for more then 21 years, I had to leave KZ Chevron as had to relocate to USA based on my family reason,

I liked team, I liked technology chevron uses, very well organized , structured. I was proud to work for Chevron, but ready to try any other new opportunities
Pros
people, management
Cons
sometime is high pressure
Great Job Because Of The Great Owners
Cashier/Carwash Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 20, 2017
When I worked at this Chevron it was owned By A Young Asian Couple, that took care of there employees and gave raises and bonuses. I left before the new owner took over
great place to work, lots of friendly workers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA 94588September 19, 2017
The workplace culture was greta you didn't feel pressured nor did you feel left out or discriminated. They treated everyone equally and made sure everyone felt comfortable.
Good place to work with great owners
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Rochester, WASeptember 19, 2017
Overall, I would say that working for chevron was a great place to work. I have learned many things on the job for the two years spent working there. I do not have anything bad to say about the company other than maybe lack in benefits or time off. I enjoyed the relationships that I built with regular customers, it is always exciting to see regular customers.
Pros
No graveyard shifts
Cons
No benefits
Senior Technical Writer and Editor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Chevron has a very good life/work balance environment. Most managers allow you to do your job without looking over your shoulder. Workers are allowed a 9/80 schedule which is very convenient.
Pros
9/80 schedule
Very boring work environment
Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2017
I had some fun experiences with costumers but the job isn't enough to keep me busy. It's a boring job that I honestly don't enjoy anymore. I want something with a more social work environment. And younger customers.
Pros
You can kind of just relax and study while on the job
Cons
No benefits. Literally none. No vacations or days off.
Depends on the Chevron
Rep (Former Employee) –  Idyllwild, CASeptember 16, 2017
There are two types of Chevron - those owned by a private party and those owned by corporate. I have been told that the stations that are owned by corporate are a much better career environment. But in my experience this is about the worst job you can have. There was no way to move up, fighting amongst employees, poor management, no benefits, no vacations, no opportunity for full time, no raises, etc. I do not recommend working at a privately owned Chevron.
Cons
no lunch, no vacation, no benefits, poor managment, no career advancement, and unprofessional environment
The owner was very strict and not willing to find a middle ground
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Quartz Hill, CASeptember 14, 2017
I only worked at the one chevron but no breaks 30 min lunch while our job was always threatened,it was a beginner job so I learned alit but I will not be a customer or a employee in a chevron again
Pros
Free fountain drinks
Cons
Short/no breaks, no benefits, no graveyard pay
Values Safety
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  National Capital RegionSeptember 14, 2017
Competitive and results-oriented but at the same time really values work-life balance and safety. A bit behind in technology and opportunities most of the time come with luck to obtain the necessary skillset.
Pros
Safety equipments
Cons
Average compensation
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CASeptember 12, 2017
better management, more pay for more hours, good coworkers,
hardest part is socking fridge, fun time getting to know customers. clean store, stock store, and manage the register is a typical day.
Very busy and organized ran store/station
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Truckee, CASeptember 12, 2017
Each day was high energy from all employees. It was a very fun and learning experience. In will say 8hrs on my feet was difficult at times, mainly because of my age. Management was always willing to hear any suggestions or request.
the most enjoyable part
Cashier/Customer Service/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXSeptember 12, 2017
The most enjoyable part about this job was the customers! I love talking and meeting new people. I also lived in the neighborhood right next to the station, so, I got to meet all my neighbors!
Competitive, great workforce, good management, engineering culture
supervisor, manager, general manager (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CASeptember 11, 2017
Daily activities were wide ranging. Involved a good deal of international contact and travel. Many internal opportunities allows individuals to take on many different challenges. Should be mobile, especially willing to move to Houston.
Poor management
Information Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2017
My entire department was outsourced to contractors to save money putting all the records of previous exploration in jeopardy. They don't care about anything but making a dollar or doing a buddy a favor.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
lack of advancement unless you are a good ole boy
Good Place to work
Commodity Trading Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2017
A group of positive fun people. Good work life balance. If any chance I will keep working for Chevron. I think it is one of the best employer I had. Good place.
Cashier/stocker
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 9, 2017
I would get to work and need to help customers asap and that didn't stop for many hours and when a break came about it mint get the cooler of beer stocked
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.