Chevron

Found 228 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,604 reviews

Chevron insights

Based on 1,214 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Very well run company with exceptional benefits and strong pay.

Chevron is a large company that is very well run. It's leadership is top notch and the company is very metrics focused. The company is also very driven to achieve it's financial and operational goals in an ethical manner.

Pros

Interesting work, intelligent people, great compensation package.

Not what it was

Chevron used to be a great place to work, but as the company continuously reduces staff, work loads and politics increase. Upper management has never been held accountable for the poorly managed and executed MCPS, which drags down earnings. Instead people are fired and management gets bonuses.Management talks about energy transition but it appears to only be greenwashing. They have missed an opportunity to lead.

Pros

9/80s salary and benefits

Cons

lack of vision in management, office politics

Amazing WLB, good people, supportive managers, bad pay, bad talent management

Lots of smart people doing cool stuff at Chevron in the tech space. Tech platform is very organized with dedicated teams for deployment pipelines, APIs, Storage, Automation, etc. Good support for learning, internal data science boot camps. Great people to work with, very supportive.Talent management needs work and the pay is abysmally low for the Bay Area and that alone is making people, particularly young people, leave in doves. You do get good raises based on performance but that still doesn't even hit the lower band of salaries in the Bay Area.

Pros

Wlb, learning opportunities

Cons

Pay, talent management

Consensus thinking and limited upward mobility

Underpaid and overworked. Minimal job advancements. Hard to hire young people in refining. Lots of unhappy folks looking to switch industries and hard to compete.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Future of company

Terrible place to work for!

Worked as a CSR in San Ramon, CA, & it was a terrible experience. Unless you stand up for yourself & refuse to work graveyard or whatever they need, because the managers were terrible & always understaffed, they'll bark and demand you do everything, without adequate training, I had to figure out how to do half of my duties on my own. They put cameras everywhere in the back, except where the food is made, but didn't have an adequate breakroom.

Pros

Get paid on time.

Cons

Training, treatment of employees, pay, schedule

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Decent

Decent place to work at, the team integration isn’t bad, it was hard for me to stay busy at times with the work but as more time came the more involvement I’ve had. Management makes it seems like they care for you but deep down they do not have your best interest in mind

Pros

Nice campus, decent pay and benefits, not a difficult job

Cons

Management and the team does not care for you

Good place to learn a lot as a college student

summer intern here-- huge company that really seeks to retain fresh talent. internships encourage and program in networking with both other interns and current employees. pretty transparent about post-internship hiring process.

Pros

good teams, encourages communication, meaningful projects

Cons

very bureaucratic with so many onboarding meetings, going through new management transition & restructuring

Prehistoric

This place is not great. I’ve been here for 15 years and been through 7 layoffs. They don’t pay well if you are not a part of a development program. There are inequities in pay and promotion for minorities and they don’t do anything about it. They have too many reorgs which is very stressful.

Pros

Bonus and benefits

Cons

Inequities in pay, promotion and job opportunities

Inclusive, supportive, and friendly

There are a lot of great things, the most important being the strong, collaborative culture. Everyone is busy, but always open to taking time to get to know your team members. Flexibility is also very important; they have offered the option for every other Friday off (9/80's) for a long time and started offering remote work on the other Fridays before the pandemic; that has been expanded and improved since.

Doesn’t treat employees with dignity & respect - Profits 1st employees last

The compensation was good but everything else was disappointing & sad...After contributing significantly to my Department I received little recognition and no management support...The only thing I received was a layoff due to my age...Avoid this company like the plague !!!

Pros

Just compensation

Cons

Retirement plan was eliminated and 401K cut - Retiree HSA is only $90 month - Pitiful !!!

Sunmary

Great company and happy to work. It has good structure and organization. Great leaders and team mates. You want to retire with this company. Thank you

I have worked there almost nine months and enjoyed the team.

I really enjoyed my time at chevron working as an analyst. Great benefits and culture. I worked there for 9 months in a data governance team. Had a great manager and team with advance technical skills.

Pros

Benefits and culture

Cons

Frequent reorganization and job security

Short sweet and simple

Chevron is a large company so it’s going to be sometimes as inefficient as the federal government. And Chevron went through massive layoff and overhaul and they drank the agile kool-aid and the new reporting structure and work direction is as confusing and convoluted as you can imagine. Some people are cool some people aren’t , but so many people move around Chevron you have to play the optics game. I mean some of the most baffling people get promoted at Chevron... the GM of I.T. Foundation was a disaster as the S&T I.T. Manager but it’s all about how you speak upwards. Just be ready to go through large layoffs every few years.

Pros

Pay well, benefits, some managers are cool

Cons

I.T. Is pretty much the worst I’ve seen at any company

Only great thing is the pension

No at all the company it use to be. This company is not what it used to be. It is disorganized after so many organizations changes. I am glad I raised my hand for severance

Very supportive peers

Front line staff is amazing. Executive leadership also does a great job communicating goals and targets, supporting staff, and encouraging a positive work/life balance. Mid level management has lost connection to the frontline staff and rarely support the initiatives executive leaders expect to support work/life balance.Safety culture is top notch and exceeds peers. Moving towards a less complicated/agile management system.Very little opportunity to move up, especially after the most recent restructure and layoffs. It will make the company more agile but disappointing that they cut 1/3 of the workforce to do so.

Pros

Safety culture, strong peer support and collaborative environment, total benefit package

Cons

little opportunity for upward mobility, poor work/life balance

Good Company but Not Perfect

The company is a good place to work if you can stand rigid work silos and a large amount of corporate politics in management. It also has some good relatively long term contract jobs.

Pros

support education asperations of employees

Cons

Top heavy management

Productive, educated, very knowledgeable environment

Everyone Is very knowledgeable at their job, ranging from 2 to 30+ years of service. Team oriented environment regardless of position or ranking. Everyone treated as equal.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Excellent place to work!!!

I really enjoy working at chevron. Unfortunately due to all the changes within the org there have been layoffs. My managers were great and my coworkers are awesome! Hopefully I will get to come back and work here again.

Safe and Great Customer experience That Starts with The employees

Great Scenery . Friendly. Safety First. Satisfied customers. Always Exciting to be there. Everyone shows up to work with an agenda a goal a great attitude

Pros

Great Food and Views

Cons

Work and home life balance

● Work-life balancePerfect home work life balance. Chevron cares about the well being of their employees and safety was always a number one priority.● Pay & benefitsExcellent pay and benefits.● Job security and advancementChevron has many programs to enhance employees knowledge and encouraged advancement in other departments.● ManagementChevron management cares about their employees. We had a policy called the “Chevron Way” where you treat each other with respect and integrity.● CultureThe culture supports all employees as far as family life and work life are concerned. They stressed the balance so neither work or family life is neglected.● OverallI enjoyed the work and home life balance and the support from management and colleagues which created a positive work environment. This is why I stayed as a dedicated employee for 14 years. It was hard to leave but I had another job opportunity at another company to further advance my career goals. I carried my work ethic and attitude to my position at Ross Corporate offices.

Good Work, Good Company but some FTE's make contractors feel small

Great company, great benefits and work-life balance Good culture except for the way employees treat contractors Contractors to some are third class citizens who the employees will dump on whenever they feel like it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Chevron.
Powered byComparably