Chevy's Fresh Mex Employee Reviews

This place sucks
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CASeptember 17, 2018
Run as fast as you can do not get hired here this place does not care about his employees at all they run you into the ground it’s disorganized management is all over the place this place is horrible find something better this place does not care about the workers and it’s ridiculously out-of-control not worth the headache ! EMERYVILLE CHEVYS SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!! They say their family oriented place while they make us work Christmas New Year’s and Thanksgiving so we are not allowed to be with our family but their family oriented it’s a crock of boo boo
Pros
There is zero pros
Cons
And all cons
good place to make money if your willing to work super hard
Host, Busser, Expediter, Waiter (Current Employee) –  richmond,californiaSeptember 16, 2018
Dont know if your going to have a stressfull day.
Dont know if your going to have the right materials.
Dont know if everyone who is scheduled showed up.
Pros
tips
Cons
stress
Fun place to eat
Server (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, IL 62269September 9, 2018
Goodluck its a job. I wouldnt work there ever again. The food sucks and the building smells like feet. Im just typing this because im being forcrd to type 150 characters
First is was Great then went Left
Server (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 30, 2018
Location was good, customers were fine, the staff has been there so long that they know how to work the system and judge customers as soon as they walked threw the door and decide that they're not taking a table preferably "black people". I didn't really like that. Store manager didn't really care about anything and didn't care to help. She was sweet at first until you knew the real her.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Racist Employees, Poor Management
Nice environment
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 17, 2018
The management has always worked with me on my schedule and needs. They’re fair and the atmosphere is nice. Chevys is a good concept and people return to eat there year after year.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Seasonal work
Really on your own
Server (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAAugust 16, 2018
No one helps you, you make alot of side trips, no one restocks, and very blamey managers. Everything is broken, running out of things constantly. Don't waste your time unless you like going back to exboyfriends.
Cons
Hard work no money
Decent place to work
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAAugust 10, 2018
I advise any young college students or anyone Young to apply with Chevys tips are great and your checks are right. In a good fun family place to eat good day
Going downhill fast
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAAugust 6, 2018
This company does not care about their employees and will be going extinct sooner or later. Low pay, minimum benefits, outrageous rules, high turnover rate with management and FOH/BOH
Pros
Great coworkers
Fun fast paced work.
Bartender/Food Server (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 27, 2018
I enjoyed my time working with Chevy's. The staff was great and the management were professional. Unfortunately due to business decisions the restaurant had to shut down.
Pros
Great money.
Very dirty but good team work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2018
The restaurant was disgusting but they has a good work plan for the waiters. They made me clean the bathroom should have maintenance for that. I just did my job until the temporary time was up.
was a fun job with opportunity for advancement
Bartender, Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Anaheim Hills, CAJuly 25, 2018
I very much enjoyed working there, and went back after a family tragedy of which all management was both supportive and understanding of. Was sad to hear that location shut down when I returned to the area.
Pros
Great management fun environment
Cons
Inconsistent tips at my location
Fun environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 8, 2018
Working there was a really good experience and they have really good food the people that work there are very professional and very welcoming and they have a good customer service
Fast paced.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CA 94806July 6, 2018
Food service industry.
Customer service driven.
Providing a good atmosphere for patrons to enjoy a well cooked meal and the company of others. Very diverse.
Fast paced environment fun.
Bartender and Server (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJuly 3, 2018
Busy Mexican restaurant. Located in Arundel mills mall. Well managed. Lots of mall traffic creates plenty of customers. Friendly experienced staff. Lots of prep work behind the bar. Repeat business based on quality of service and food.
Pros
Flexibility
fast paced and fun
Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILJune 22, 2018
i get along with everyone so i usually never have to many issues on a job. safety is #1 and the guest are as equal as safety..... #1.......................................
Pros
meet really great people
Cons
not enough hours
This location shut down permanently
Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 13, 2018
This location closed in 2016. I enjoyed my time with the company, but unfortunately the restaurant remained slow. It eventually closed due to low or no profits.
I love it here. felt like i was with
Hotess (Current Employee) –  Union City, CAMay 30, 2018
i love working at chevys. the only thing i don't like is how we get our schedules like 3 days before the week starts. i wish we would know at least two weeks in advanced just like we have to give when we need a day off. also i wish they were more flexible with the days off. i don't like the blocked schedule because it doesn't give us, the employees, time off as we'd like. other than that i love working here.
Fun work environment
Lead Hostess (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 16, 2018
Very relaxed and casual surrounding. Friendly and attentive staff. Rarely work 8+ hour shifts. Open for lunch time and dinner time only. Busiest during summer
Life sucker
SHIFT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 1, 2018
Great company to work for when I first started over 15 years ago. Has since deteriorated and lost some of the basics that identified Chevys as a leader in the industry. The new management or current company management continues to prove they do not care about their employees or guest satisfaction.
Busy and disorganized
Host (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 17, 2018
Was trained by someone who had been working their two days prior to me. You basically learn everything on your own. It got easier everyday but was very stressful.