Chevy's Fresh Mex Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CADecember 29, 2018
A typical day at work included greeting customers, answering phones, setting up reservations, seating customers, and cleaning the restrooms. As my first job working at a restaurant, I learn what it was like to work as a hostess. Management was good and understanding. The workplace culture was overall relaxed and it was exciting being the first experience as a hostess. The hardest part of the job was trying to learn the menu for to-go's. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the experience and working with friendly people.
Pros
Discounted food, good management, friendly environment
Cons
No benefits
This place sucks
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CASeptember 17, 2018
Run as fast as you can do not get hired here this place does not care about his employees at all they run you into the ground it’s disorganized management is all over the place this place is horrible find something better this place does not care about the workers and it’s ridiculously out-of-control not worth the headache ! EMERYVILLE CHEVYS SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!! They say their family oriented place while they make us work Christmas New Year’s and Thanksgiving so we are not allowed to be with our family but their family oriented it’s a crock of boo boo
Pros
There is zero pros
Cons
And all cons
Going downhill fast
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAAugust 6, 2018
This company does not care about their employees and will be going extinct sooner or later. Low pay, minimum benefits, outrageous rules, high turnover rate with management and FOH/BOH
Pros
Great coworkers
busser
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 1, 2018
I loved being a busser here the environment was very fast paced and very rewarding. Sunday brunches were my favorite due to the fact I was the only busser that would actually do my job so it was me vs the whole restaurant. I loved working their but the foh manager were always rude and disrespectful to their employee. I left because I wasn't getting appreciated and they couldn't give me a raise due that I deserved. Iv been a busser for many years and felt I deserved to earn more since I worked 10 times harder. Also it depended on the manager whether you'd get the 50% discount.
Pros
free chips and drinks while on clock
Cons
unstability of discounts, rude managers
First is was Great then went Left
Server (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 30, 2018
Location was good, customers were fine, the staff has been there so long that they know how to work the system and judge customers as soon as they walked threw the door and decide that they're not taking a table preferably "black people". I didn't really like that. Store manager didn't really care about anything and didn't care to help. She was sweet at first until you knew the real her.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Racist Employees, Poor Management
Management Issues
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 3, 2018
If the management was better at the location that I worked at, our establishment would have been a lot more profitable. Also the turn over rate wouldn't have been as high. If you have to work there, do it, if you have other options take it.
Busser (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILSeptember 27, 2018
This job is a really good job if you want to be kept on your toes and constantly working with small breaks, or sometimes none at all. The tips are competitive, so the harder you work, the better pay.
Pros
Discount on food
Poor management great people
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 20, 2018
The kitchen staff is great. Management was pathetic. The people were nice, but communication was an issue, and in a fast pace kitchen that makes everything worse
Pros
Decent workers
Cons
No communication
this restaurant is no longer there
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2018
Chevys was a great place to work at one time. It helped me learn the management role in a high volume location. Food was prepared fresh and it was a fun.
was a fun job with opportunity for advancement
Bartender, Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Anaheim Hills, CAJuly 25, 2018
I very much enjoyed working there, and went back after a family tragedy of which all management was both supportive and understanding of. Was sad to hear that location shut down when I returned to the area.
Pros
Great management fun environment
Cons
Inconsistent tips at my location
Nice environment
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 17, 2018
The management has always worked with me on my schedule and needs. They’re fair and the atmosphere is nice. Chevys is a good concept and people return to eat there year after year.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Seasonal work
Fun fast paced work.
Bartender/Food Server (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 27, 2018
I enjoyed my time working with Chevy's. The staff was great and the management were professional. Unfortunately due to business decisions the restaurant had to shut down.
Pros
Great money.
Life sucker
SHIFT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 1, 2018
Great company to work for when I first started over 15 years ago. Has since deteriorated and lost some of the basics that identified Chevys as a leader in the industry. The new management or current company management continues to prove they do not care about their employees or guest satisfaction.
Great place to work we were a family.
Bar/Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CANovember 30, 2018
Corprate closed us down no warning. They have no loyalty to their employees. Managers who were there 13+ years didnt even get transferred. And decided to close us right after black friday
Fun Workplace
culinary specialist assisting (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 27, 2018
It was a fun environment. Even though there wasn't any one that really spoke English and that was bad for Restaurant establishment. They work with your schedule and that is one thing that I really appreciated
High traffic restaurant near Pentagon City.
Guest Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 4, 2018
Work would be busy a times and slow at other times, fast-paced and full of responsibility. Team based environment, sufficient actual teamwork as well as sufficient management. Exceptional opportunities to meet new people from all over and develop variable customer service skills. The most difficult thing was technical problems with machines and not having enough resources. The best part was being in such a fun environment with the team when working together in a efficient manner.
Pros
Parties with set tips, menu item discounts
Cons
Broken/missing resources
Loved this place
Full Time Server/Lead/Management (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAOctober 20, 2018
I worked at Chevys for a very long time started out as a server then became a lead server to lead hourly which was a shift manager i truly love everything about this place
good place to make money if your willing to work super hard
Host, Busser, Expediter, Waiter (Current Employee) –  richmond,californiaSeptember 16, 2018
Dont know if your going to have a stressfull day.
Dont know if your going to have the right materials.
Dont know if everyone who is scheduled showed up.
Pros
tips
Cons
stress
summers are busy...
Server (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 16, 2018
...but winters are very slow. Hard to make profit during the slow season. Definitely a seasonal place to work. Spanish speaking is a plus if you know it.
Pros
25% off dinning for employees
Cons
seasonal
best culture Ive ever had in restaurants
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 26, 2018
first job in ca and had the most fun. all the guys were super positive front and back of the house. everyone knew how to do everything so they all had each others backs. it really reflected on the entire attitude of the restaurant even down to the patrons who enjoyed the energy and enthusiasm the staff provided. this making my job very easy and just dealing with the small issues that come up.
Pros
culture
Cons
started closing locations