Chews Landing Veterinary Hospital Employee Reviews

Very professional staff , incredibly healthy work environment
Veterinarian (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 14, 2019
The management treating employees as a family members .
Very professional and compassionate
I feel verty comfortable working here and I totally recommend this place for anyone applying for a job over there
Great place to work!
Receptionist and Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Laurel Springs, NJDecember 26, 2018
Great place to work! The staff is all wonderful to work with. Everyone is very passionate about what they do, and truly care about their patients. My coworkers have always been willing to help me learn throughout my education. The staff here, management included, has created a family-like, comfortable environment for their employees. I would highly recommend working here!
Pros
comfortable environment, collaborative staff
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Laurel Springs, NJOctober 11, 2018
Wonderful place to work. Managment is understanding when you need time off. Is there when you need them. Everyone works together. Most of the clients are wonderful to work with.
Pros
Wonderful place
Cons
Dont really have any
Wouldn’t recommend
Employee (Former Employee) –  Laurel Springs, NJAugust 18, 2018
I am a former employee of this practice. At first I really loved it and my coworkers made me feel secure and comfortable, and they were always willing to teach or lend a helping hand. Management transition really changed things and many good people left. The owner and lead veterinarian’s wife was put in charge and it all seemed to go downhill from there.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Low pay, favoritism
Best job I've ever had
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laurel Springs, NJJuly 23, 2018
My job at Chews Landing Veterinary Hospital is the best job I've ever had. I was a vet technician there for 4 years and I only work at another hospital now because I had to relocate. I wish I could have stayed longer. Management is great - when there's a problem they deal with it promptly and appropriately, but if you're a good employee they are super nice and kind with whatever accomodations or help you need. Working there was like working with one big family. Everyone is great - from the owners, to the office manager, to the techs, to the receptionists, to the clients and patients. I highly recommend applying here.
Employees give a family atmosphere, but no job security.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Laurel Springs, NJ 08021December 30, 2017
Chews Landing was a great place to work when the original owners were there. However, under the new management there is no job security and you are at the whim of the owners wife. My daily feeling was always apprehensive because I felt that I was always going to be fired.
Pros
The employees are great and we all got along well. They make it a family atmosphere.
Cons
Always short-handed, no real benefits and the health benefits were not very good at all The owner's wife.
Great coworkers. Fun prizes and incentives at times. Management is lacking.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Laurel Springs, NJJanuary 16, 2017
Chews Landing is not a bad place to work as long as you don't mind just coming in, doing your job, and not questioning anything. Special circumstances for certain individuals as well.
Pros
Great coworkers, usually friendly environment.
Cons
Favoritism. No chance for promotion.