Chewy

• Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Productive and fun workplace

Featured review

Chewy selected this as a representative review
Honestly a good place to start working for a warehouse very easy the leadership team there is great trying to move to though might be hard very rare anyone moves up they mostly hire outside the company for there leadership positions.

it’s okay

it’s not bad, but also not good. The days drag unless you actually have someone to talk to. If you pick, you’ll get in trouble for taking too long, even if it isn’t your fault. I got “warned” about taking too long to pick when, on that day, nobody let me pass by them so I had to wait and wait behind them. They don’t tell any other pickers that if they’re at a location for a while, to let others by, instead you’ll get told about taking too long when in reality, nobody would let you go by them. There are some wonderful and friendly people there, but most of them look miserable and like they don’t want to be there, causing me to not even want to be there as well. Starting to wonder if it was even worth the pay.

Pros

Pay

Good job

Working at chewy is a good job, you just have to go in and do what you are supposed to and you won’t have any problems with rates as long as you stay focused on your task.

Pros

Management, time off, overtime

Cons

Management sometimes takes advantage of hard workers

Not the same

New management every other month, new system changes which result in them crashing. New policies and procedures. Very strict on attendance and does not accept doctors notes for sick days.

Mentally easy, but physical straining over time.

As a picker you will have to deal with constant rule changes while out in the pit area which can become stressful and annoying. Reach trucks are absolutely everywhere and you will need to watch out for them as a picker. They are two to three times as fast as the movexx and weight 6,000 pounds so please be careful. Plenty of opportunities for over time if that’s what you’re looking for. Management is not the very best but they tend to not be over emotional and helpful if you reach out correctly which I enjoyed. Not too much mental strain here just very physical when you have to lift 40 pound bags of food or cat litter (over your shoulders on occasion), but other than that the rest of the freight is fairly light. Overtime your joints will hurt and you will want to find a new job or advance up within the company. No one picks longer than 2 years, it’s a very low percentage that end up staying or not advancing. Would recommend it to someone trying to get entry level work in a warehouse.

Pros

Overtime always available

Cons

Constant rule changes for PIT equipment, Joints hurt over time

Fun Workplace - Ok Customers

Great place to work and a helpful team environment. High call volume, and multiple engagements via emails and chats. Can be a little much when leads try to push your numbers, but all for your development. Get ready to use your pet puns.

Pros

Fun environment, listens to employees.

Cons

Monotonous work

Run.

If you’re thinking about it. Don’t. The call volume is insanely high, managers view you as a number and you are expected to do more work without extra compensation. There is a lot a favoritism and the “positive atmosphere” comes off as fake most of the time.

High Stress

There’s potential for the company to be better but they treat the chat team like robots, 4 chats at once and an email in rotation. The time off is not good, they should consider letting people work 10 hours a day as opposed to 8 because the job is mentally exhausting. We need to be able to mentally recover from the day to day work. It’s very monotonous. Working from home has cut down a ton of stress because in office they micromanage and are always causing anxiety. The managers can be degrading and when we tell them our problems they fall on deaf ears. They do not care about the chat team by any means. We all feel the same way, it’s crazy because the customer service ratings are great but the employee ratings are poor. They need to work on how they treat employees as we’re humans, we need to be able to request real time off without having to take a leave. Good luck going on a vacation or becoming sick. The new attendance policy is terrible even if you have a doctors note they likely won’t accept it. A lot of my coworkers take antidepressants and stimulants to get through the day. I’ve had panic attacks due to being overwhelmed. If you’re looking to grow in the company 8/10 it’s all about who you’re friends with. 6 unscheduled days off allowed per every 6 months. The pay is better than some places but could be better if they upped it to at least $20 because having to be fake and happy for the draining customers is hard work.

Pros

Working at home

Cons

Short breaks, mentally draining

Not worth hurting your mental health

When I first applied to Chewy I was so excited because I am very passionate about animals. You do 5 weeks of training at the call center. During my training I was told a lot of information that wasn’t true when you start working from home. Calls are nonstop, which is expected, but having to be on both phone and email is painfully exhausting and not worth the amount of pay. Don’t recommend

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Told false information during training

It’s okay

When I got hired I was told I was going to be paid 15.50, yet when I started it was actually 14. They did this with many people and all they said was that we could quit if we weren’t satisfied. If you need to leave for an emergency it’s counted against as if you just called in even if you’ve been there for years. Also, plan to work an extra hour everyday even if you didn’t plan on it. They’re mandatory overtime is a ridiculous amount

Pros

Okay

Cons

Okay

Horrible place to work

You would think being an animal lover it would be a great job but it's the total opposite. There is favoritism and it's obvious. Do not recommend this place you'll be better off working elsewhere.

Lacking Vision

Overall the company just seems to lack vision and direction for the future. While chewy wants to do everything for pets, maybe go one step at a time and do it well.

Poor Management. Chewy points

Poor Management and HR. To much favorites and they choose women leads by there looks and not job experience. The environment is toxic. This place needs a total overhaul for managers

Pros

4 day work week

Cons

Hostile work environment

It was okay.

It was an okay job. The culture of people is very young and lazy teens. Management is lazy too and there is a lot of favoritism. Overall I do not recommend.

Turnover rate

People don't quit jobs, they quit managers. Over worked and under paidChewy points instead of extra pay. Mandatory overtime and if you don't comply it comes out of your paid time or unpaid time off

Decent Warehouse Job

Chewy can be a great place to work as many jobs, but as they all do it has its difficulties. The breaks feel short because your clock in is across the warehouse. The management is careless and only want a paycheck. As many jobs have they have employees that refuse to work but still have a job. The point system can be used to your advantage or disadvantage. The pay is decent.

Fun work place

No complaints on benefits or pay just a little overworked some weeks but that is a good thing I guess, but everything is paid the way it's supposed to be so no complaints there

Pros

Work schedule

Cons

Time expected to complete transactions

Good to work full time.

The management team is more stuck on hitting numbers than people's safety. The management team also looks at everyone as replaceable as soon as they enter the doors. The don't take the time to build up a team member. They barely train. They put people down rather than help them with encouragement and team building.

Pros

The do surprises for their team

Not a good company to work for

Shady management… if they don’t like you they act like elementary school students to try to get you to quit. You have to check your hours daily because literally all HR is good for is taking UTO and messing up paychecks.. no growth opportunities (unless you have no life experience) and pay is not that great or competitive for the physical labor and emotional beating you will take from leads and management… many of the leads and management in pharmacy do not even have their tech licenses/certification and the younger you are with no idea of real life situations then the more likely you will get opportunities to lead.

Pros

Not one honestly

Cons

Bad HR, no growth opportunities, childish management

Productive and fun place to work at

Overall my experience here has been great. The managers can be a pain at times, but that happens everywhere. At least here some of them do really care and offer ways to move up if you want to. The work isn't too intense except for the fact that dog food can be heavy, but there is plenty of others willing to help if you can't lift that 50 lb bag of food.As long as you stick to your work, you shouldn't have a problem here. Some of the issues come from a worker to worker issue rather than due to a manager. I found that HR was a great help when dealing with other workers, but I did notice when they could not help in other instances. The hardest part of the job is just working. It's easy to be distracted by your peers which is the fun part I think. There's plenty of opportunity for overtime as well.

Pros

Two 30 minute breaks: One paid, one unpaid

Cons

Mandatory overtime on the holidays

I would give them negative numbers if possible

Wanted a driving job they told me Replenish would have equipment nope it was 100% manual labor. They expect us to compete with each other for Chewy points which you can buy their junk with like a T-shirt for out preforming the other ten or so guys, just not worth while a good company gives that stuff to the employees. You are in prison, walk through a turn-table put your phone and belonging in a locker, walk past four security guards and through a full body metal detector.

Pros

Absolutely nothing

Cons

Everything about the place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chewy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Chewy.
Powered byComparably