Chewy Employee Reviews

Featured review
Chewy selected this as a representative review
Fun and awesome work place
Pharmacy tech (Current Employee) –  Louisville, kyOctober 13, 2018
First job I’ve ever worked that recognizes GOOD employees. Chewy actually takes in consideration who actually wants to be there and you get rewarded accordingly. Rather it be a promotion, training opportunity, etc. The pay is quite fair, job isn’t too hard, and flexible schedules for anybody who’s willing to work full time. Oh, and they buy you lunch quite often! Other reviews are of former employees who are either going to quit or have already quit. I would recommend chewy to anybody.
Pros
Flexible schedules, pay, paid time off, benefits
Cons
Fast pace and had a ping pong table in break area
Warehouse forklift (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMarch 22, 2019
Was a poorly organized facility with too many possibilities for accidents and injuries to occur along with poor management. Was not fairly compensated or even noticed for extra work done and facilities conditions were dirty and had many safety hazards.
Employess were great ,managers ( leads etc.)didnt seem to get a handle on things
Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMarch 22, 2019
Other employees with the same job type as I were very hardworking, very comunicative, i worked well with many of them in my department, mondays and Tuesdays for me were difficult, the supervisors and leads scheduled for thos days were very incompetent at time for example , they would be lost and confused a lot, not knowing wjat to do next , would leave their post for hrs and come back to our department filled witb frustrated employess lined up for labels , lost items, damaged items, some individuals could not maintain 100 picks an hour.
Not a very good job
Inbound (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 21, 2019
They dont care what you have to say . HR is a joke. there is no communication at all .it's all about numbers. they dont treat the employees right. And they fire people over the most ridiculous things .I hear every one complain about the place all the time no one is happy working there at all sometimes the truth really does hurt I hate seeing bad reviews that's never a very good thing if there are more bad reviews than good reviews ouch 😬😬😬
Not the fun Chewy it used to be
MERCHANDISING OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLMarch 21, 2019
Chewy used to be a great place to work at. It is no longer the case. Incentives were taken away and are not as great, unstable management, no job security and not the greatest place to advance at.
Pros
Monthly breakfasts and happy hrs.
Cons
Job security, unfair and unstable management
Friendly
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 20, 2019
People here are very nice! My main complaint is that since the Pharmacy is so new to the company they are still figuring out the standards and the protocols here so it can kinda suck being the guinea pig all the time. Promotions are based off who you know not what you've done. if you've been late even by a minute you're completely out of the running for any promotion so that kinda sucks in the first couple months they put the emphasis on working the pharmacy orders with quality in mind. They wanted you to do every single thing you could for that cust, now its all about how many you can do and how quickly you can do them/. I regularly am talked to for just barely missing the target because i was trained to put the customer first and meet all of their need so i take longer to work an order because i want to do the best i can for my customers. but usually when i tell them this they don't mind and they let it go. they put out coupons every so often so much that business will boom and there will be more work than we can handle so Overtime is common we just moved to our new space 3 months ago and we are already about to outgrow it because of how many people they are hiring it can feel like they value sales over their employees so do your job as best you can but don't take the job too seriously or you'll go insane.
Pros
Lots of overtime, friendly coworkers
Cons
Strict breaks, Only takes Doctors notes for absences nothing else will excuse the absence
Great benefits, but don't expect to stay
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMarch 20, 2019
They hire every day... and fire. There's more new people than old because everyone gets fired or quits. Some people in management are great, but others not so much. It's a stressful environment because you get written up for everything and forced to work long days. The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunities to earn Paid Time Off even though you're an hourly employee and you can wear pretty much whatever you want.
Was fun at first but
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 20, 2019
You were yelled at for low numbers when you ride a cart that doesn't go more an 2 miles an hour. You can walk and meet numbers but they want you to ride the carts also known as movexx's.
worst experience
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2019
your schedule is chosen for you. for the first 90 days- you only have 2 days off a week on a set schedule you get when training. cannot be even one minute late without a write up. training is grea//t doesnt really prepare you for the floor (which is why more than likely theyll only hire you if youve worked in a call center before) gives false hope for on the floor. had customers call me a b-word / stupid / had someone ask me how i was hired..... but the worst part were the people who were extremely mad asking for management right when you answer the phone, when this happens you have to get the reason why and if they dont want to tell you-- you HAVE to get it from them. you can not transfer to esco unless they specifically ask for one // ive been on a 15 minute call just of some guy telling me i was stupid/ sad excuse for a human etc. unless you have VERY thick skin and would like to either work 8am-4:30pm or 3-11pm (you do not get to choose) then this would be the job for you. I have worked in a call center in a hospital-- some people in their last days and delusional and family memebers of the patients in that condition-- and they werent even as bad as the people i talked to at chewy. i DO NOT recommend to anyone. management needs to look more into their employees.
Pros
Cons
everything
Cool place to work
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZMarch 18, 2019
For the year I’ve been at chewy I’ve had all good experiences but moving up seems challenging due to the volume of people and requirements needed to move up
Operations Supervisor
Inbound Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Clayton, INMarch 18, 2019
Typical day is 10-12 hours, leading and driving production while creating and setting goals for each shift and associates, culture is diverse and training takes place daily
Senior leaders suck
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 18, 2019
senior leaders suck, only care about themselves. no room for advancement. pay not equal to area. senior leaders wont give real/straight answers. when you bring up concerns they blow them off. lack of coverage on the weekends. lack of professionalism.
Pros
schedule
Cons
everything else
unorganized and unprofessional company
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVMarch 14, 2019
they don't have it together and they don't know how to train an employee properly or at all. I only met my manager during interview for department transfer and basically left to figure it out inventory control on my own. basically I was supposed to guess what codes to make up and use.
Pros
nice lunch room
ok work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 13, 2019
they train you, how to pick and scan. they also offer $1.00 raise for operating a OP or Reach lift. the hours are good but the breaks are short. long walk on breaks.
Fun place nice enviroment
Forklift Operator/Lead (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZMarch 13, 2019
The pay is not cometitive but there is opprotuny for advancement for higher pay. Everyone is very nice. Its similar to Amazon but not grueling tiresome work. You have time with your family.
Pros
Work place enviroment
Cons
Compensation
Exciting at First
Video Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 12, 2019
My job title, responsibilities, and placement within the organization have been changed so many times (with no explanation) I hardly know where I stand in the company or what value Chewy sees in my job's current iteration. The constant changes of my job have resulted in the stifling of my career within the organization and future prospects.
Pros
Work Life Balance, fun coworkers, plenty of animals to pet.
Cons
No strategy, communication, or organization
Unstable work environment
Operator (Current Employee) –  Clayton, INMarch 12, 2019
This place is exactly what it is, a warehouse with a big revolving door. Some people there can make or break you others are genuinely friendly. Work morality is very low for tenured employees and new hires!! Turnover rate is UNREAL, your just a number and not valued. People that have been employed there for at least 3+ months have alternatively found new jobs because of the lack of respect the company has for its people. At this point, if you've got arms and legs your hired no brain required. Multiple shifts reduced to 4 where daytime and night shift(12hr) get screwed. If you just graduated from high school, it's a decent starter job not a career so move on once your set.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Useless management, Not valued, No pay incentive for working harder just chewy cards to buy unless items
Dont do it
Forklift operator/picker (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZMarch 12, 2019
To much drama ,high school kids ,If you like High School drama and gossip and no raises then this is the place for you. Management is Terrible on nights they can’t do tasks that a manager should know how to do
They go through managers / employees like changing your socks.No recognition for jobs well done or going over and beyond just a thank you sometimes if your lucky ,,
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
The turn around rate is really bad, Management has no clue, they give employees lead positions and they have NO clue on how to run the department their leading
Racist workplace , showed favoritism
Picker (Former Employee) –  Clayton, INMarch 10, 2019
Majority of white people are rude and don't know how to talk to people. I have been mocked and made fun of. The manager was a great guy, but that's it.
Pros
The manager was a great guy.
Cons
The people were very rude
Great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 9, 2019
If you like helping people and you love animals. This is the best place for you. Good discounts on food and medication, or anything really you might need
Can be a very stressful job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 8, 2019
The company is very big on attendance which is crazy when you're only given 30 minutes for lunch and parking spaces are never available! You literally if you work anytime after 11 am have to search for parking and run into work to clock in on time. The customers are HORRIBLE constant sad stories to get free cat food. Spoiled and nasty alot of them. The calls come in none stop. The managers are fake. I guess the only good thing about the place is weekly pay and the free gifts.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Short lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chewy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Chewy.

Powered by Comparably