Chewy

Chewy Employee Reviews

United States1,422 reviews
Found 1,422 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Chewy selected this as a representative review
Productive and fun workplace
Honestly a good place to start working for a warehouse very easy the leadership team there is great trying to move to though might be hard very rare anyone moves up they mostly hire outside the company for there leadership positions.
It's not the same place it used to be.
New management has come in and destroyed the great culture it once had. It seems that they are cleaning house of old employees and bringing in new Ivy League hires.
Unappreciative company
Management does not care about employees. They are quick with write ups and terminations. Underpaid and overworked. Don't bother going to HR for any problems, they will quickly send you away. Turnover rate is very high. They will never have quality workers when employees quit in the same week.
It' not the job it's the people
It is a great place to work most of the people are helpful, management has changed over time to be more open and reachable. Just do your job and stay on task,time flys and the 3 days off is great.
Pros
Pay, help, culture
Chewys is great
My time at chewys was great, they teach you all you need to know about the company standards and you work hard at a good pace, shipping things all over
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Would not recommend to my worst enemy
Absolutely the worst place I’ve ever worked for. If you like kissing up to your higher ups you will do really well here, or if you enjoy not thinking for yourself and blindly following Chewy “leadership” you’ll love it. They make rules and say they applies to everyone I call bs, I see management breaking their own rules all the time.
long hours but great pay
Great company overall if your with the right leadership team. Many different locations to advance your career by relocating for promotion and experience
Nice place to work
I love chewy when i was there i didnt take it serious but as i started to go more i starting liking it but it was to late i had to many points....the people was cool and the supervisors was nice and helpful too... Im trying to get back in there now
Great place to work.
Chewy's a great place to work. If you genuinely have a good work ethic, you'll fit in. If not, try fast food or a union job.
Ask questions if you feel lost. If the first person you ask doesn't have an answer, find someone else that does. Remember to follow safety rules. Do not take short cuts. Safety First!
Golden apple at first but turned to ash the moment i tasted it......
Before i start this review is mainly directed at receiving and HR, more so towards the former. At first I was extremely excited after the interviewing process which showed the very clean and organized warehouse. There was a flow there which i haven't seen before and with nearly 7-8 years working warehouse its an extreme rarity. The interviewing process left me feeling excited and proud to soon to be working along with such positive people in a pristine workplace. However i didn't take notice of the actual workers on the reach trucks, and mini scooters, or in receiving and shipping. I didn't notice the exhausted anger sad and overall morose faces of all the bottom of the totem pole workers. That was the first warning sign to stay away but i ignored it because i had the naive notion "I'd do better" or "it'll be better" since i was so impressed by the warehouse's appearance. Now to quickly cover the following month before my first ever injury on the job which lead me to see the real arrogance and extreme prejudice this company's employees exhibit mainly referring to the leads, manager and supervisors as well as all of HR and the so called double face "safety team" as well as some employees who are befriended by those i mention. The first month was amazing due to my rose tinned glasses. I excelled quickly by being crossed trained on several machine such as the reach truck and a few scanners and several areas all around receiving. I had a wonderful beginning relations with management and coworkers alike things were looking very much up. Things soured a little a first then progressively - more...
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Chewy?
Good Work
Work hard good listener good environment nice hours always on time very healthy nice bosses enjoy juc work ing the job is fun to work at and i love dog
Summary
Work hard Not much appreciation Managers are knowledgeable, although lack determination
Awful place to work
Management is a bunch of bullies getting fat checks. they care nothing about the employees. If your married to management you get promoted otherwise don’t bother
Save yourself
Worst job experience I've ever had. Mind you, I'm not usually one to write reviews, but i feel it necessary to share my experience here for others to see before they consider working for their company. Chewy may appear fun and welcoming from the outside looking in, but once you get hired you'll quickly realize how dysfunctional and inhumane they are. From the very beginning, they attempt to encourage you by telling you about all the opportunities to grow, but fail to mention the game of favoritism that plays a part in it. The employees in lead and management positions could care less about anyone in a lower position. The trainers treat you like high school students rather than professionals, or even adults. Not to mention their unreasonable policy on attendance. You literally can not show up even a minute late without coming for your neck. Now don't get me wrong, I don't find it necessary for employers to be extremely flexible with their attendance policy, however Chewy takes it to another level. They warn you that if you miss a single day during training, you'll be terminated and told to reapply for the position so that you "don't miss out on everything you need to know" Which in most cases in understandable. However in a situation like mine where an emergency was out of my control, I was still told to leave the company and attempt to reapply, even though i had call center experience and made it through majority of training already. And to elaborate on the trainers some more...they don't care about their trainees at all. They treat you like kids, and speak to you with an attitude. - more...
Chewy, great on the outside not the inside
Chewy at first seems like a great company. The longer you work there, the more flaws you notice. Like how difficult it is to advance because it’s all about favoritism. There isn’t much flexibility when it comes to attendance either. A lot of terminations are due to their unreasonable expectations with attendance, because emergencies do happen. Worst of all they care and do way more for their customers than they will do for their employees. If there is an irate customer, no matter how rude they are to you for insignificant situations, they will mot stand up for you against the customer. The customer will receive whatever they want and more.
Fun at first but goes down hill quick.
Never treated well by any manager. They feel superior and take it too far. Can most times make you feel like a bad employee for wanting to know more. Very unclean place. People sick there all the time.
Nothing just another wearhouse job
Chewy only cares about numbers and not their employees there are a lot of accidents on the floor people are not trained correctly there's too much heavy equipment around that people do not pay attention to that can be detrimental HR and managers are rude and they definitely don't help out with scheduling when you're in school school
Run for the Hills.
They hire about fifty people every single week because after 3 weeks you will either quit or get fired. LoL, give it a shot if you want to appreciate every job you had before Chewy and the job you will after you quit or get fired, you will be treated as that of an abused puppy.
Pros
Absolutely None
Cons
Ten hours a day of stress
Pays dismal. Work environment good.
Pay is nowhere close to the industry standard for forklifts. Safe place to work. Great trainers. Great management. Facility under a yr old. Can move up quick. The low pay may have people coming and going.
Welcome to the machine
Chewy deceivingly portrays themselves as a company that truly cares about their employees and is willing to invest in individual, professional growth however this couldn't be further from the truth. The sad reality is that this company places profit above all else resulting in an employee mill, constantly churning out mindless slaves, thus sustaining the myriad of problems they exhibit at this fulfillment center such as extremely high turnover, minimal chance of advancement, low pay for high expectations, safety violations, and an overall depressing experience.
First off, the pay rate of $15.75 that they are currently advertising is false. What they fail to mention is that this rate is for the "high demand" shifts, a.k.a the shifts that most people don't want to do such as overnight on the weekends, ruling out most people that want a regular work shift to accommodate children, or school, etc.

The deception does not end there. When you apply for a position such as "Forklift Operator", do not expect to actually do that for at least a couple of months after starting. Most new employees start out "mutli-picking" in Outbound for the first 30 days of employment. You will need to take it upon yourself to remind the inept "management" to push to get you trained on the equipment necessary to perform the job you applied for. Personally it took 9 months doing various other jobs after "multi-picking", such as "singles pack" and loading trailers on the shipping dock, before getting a chance to perform the job that I originally applied for. I eventually had to transfer departments
 - more...
Pay is good. Always OT
My overall review is if you're looking for steady work and love pets, then this is the place for you. You work 4 10 hour shifts and 3 days off. It's an ok place to work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chewy. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.5
2.4
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Chewy.