Chewy Employee Reviews

Don't do it
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 25, 2018
From my first week there was extreme confusion. I was not told my shift coming out of training until the day before I finished my training program, if you want to call it that. The training program showed me what the hourly workers did, but did nothing to set me up as a first line supervisor. I was given little to no support from upper management or HR. Company policies were arbitrarily enforced by HR and Sr management depending on if they liked the person that violated policy or not. Daily metrics are inaccurate and fabricated in order to meet production goals for reporting purposes. Workers are expected to produce above minimum expectations based on function and must answer as to why they do not meet whatever expectation is set that day. Pay is horrible and the benefits are the worst I have ever had. If you need a job or experience, apply at your own risk. But I would recommend you continue looking for other employment, as this is not the place you want to spend your days working.
Cons
Terrible benefits, terrible Sr management
Great place but is changing quickly
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 24, 2018
Chewy is a great place to work if you need stability. The benefits are great the hours are great. The management needs to focus more and communicate more. I told them repeatedly that I was having family issues and that was causing attendance issues. Finally I got them settled even though Chewy put me on a final warning for attendance. I ended up getting sick and missed a week's worth of work but I brought in a doctor's note and my supervisor said that I would be fine. Fast forward a few weeks and they fire me for attendance issues because I missed a week of work during my final warning.
Great Place for Those who are comfortable with the Same Job Title
Other Manager (Current Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLMay 20, 2018
Company has a great culture, lots of great people to work with.
Happy Hours and pets visit the office frequently.
Job security but no recognition for going over and above.
No promotions unless you are part of the in crowd.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
No place for advancement. Unless you are in the in crowd, you are on the back burner.
This is not a company fit for humans not a steady job
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  PAMay 18, 2018
U have to be a yes master person I don't mind working at all but when u go to the orientation they make sound nice n sweet but the real truth is they are rude no body cares about nothing as far as management clueless little kids running this company no respected u be theathed like u are in jail scary
Pros
Run
Cons
Run fast
Love chewy
Writing Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 18, 2018
Chewy is a great place to work if you can handle a fast pace and a perfectionist environment. Great if you love animals as well. Apply. You will not regret it.
Under going a lot of changes
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 15, 2018
Waiting for changes to complete. Direction at this time is very confusing, however, the direction the company is headed is positive. Training has improved.
good
Inventory control Specialist (Former Employee) –  new kingston paMay 14, 2018
room for advancement and relocation programs. get sick days and you earn days off. pay is good but management can me laxed there. a lot of traffic and quotas
Productive fun workpolace with ping pong table
LEAD TRANSPORTATION COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 14, 2018
Still not sure what that's all about...Sometimes stressful, sometimes not. But isn't that the same for all employers? My job requires me to be on my toes and keep up on everything that is going on in the warehouse to get the merchandise out on time. I live by the motto "I love it when a plan comes together"
Work place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Duncanville, TXMay 10, 2018
Need better upper management. Other than that is a great place to work at. Love the 4 day weeks and off for three. I definitely recommend a job there but not s career
Pros
Raffles for free gifts
Cons
High turn over, low wages
to many changes
Picker, Box Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVMay 8, 2018
This was a very unsafe work environment for the pickers due to lighting about the mirrors so you couldn't see coming around corners who was already coming.
Great
Full-time shift manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FL 33021May 8, 2018
The culture is fun! If you get approved, you can bring your dog to work. They're open 24/7 so you can get your ideal schedule. There's a lot of managers.
Chewy is a great place to get some Warehouse experience
Forklift Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAMay 7, 2018
Its a fairly new biulding and company so they are still working out the kinks and just getting things rolling. But its a good starting job for warehouse experience.
Overall
Customer Service Representative - Writing Team (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 4, 2018
Great environment, everyone is friendly and willing to help. We all have a love for animals and our personalities all work well together. Great team work within representatives.
It doesen't even feel like a job!
Customer Service / Sales (Former Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLMay 2, 2018
Every day is exciting, every day is something new and everyday the employees are smiling. There's a Starbucks machine for free coffee at anytime of the day.
The pay is amazing, the customers are such a pleasure to talk to, and if you love animals, then its never like work. You get to talk to customers about their "furbabies" and try to recommend the best products for them.
Pros
Free coffee, wonderful cutomers, employees are upbeat and friendly.
Cons
None that I can think of !
If you NEED a job come to chewy
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVApril 30, 2018
Do you like long hours? Do you enjoy being treated like a pack mule, pick pick pick, numbers numbers numbers? Do you enjoy not having a social life due to constant (10 weeks in a row now) mandatory OT at the threat of your job?Favortism? Favortism goes from the ground up here from training, daily job assignments, overtime shifts. We got it all at chewy. So if you have a pulse, come on out! No really please do, maybe then we can get normal days off again. Fyi any reviews talking about it being great are definitely office employees which you will not be..
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Short breaks a mile from work area, inconsistent management
Chewy
Forklift Operator (PIT) (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAApril 30, 2018
Lower paid then other area companies. Says they hire from within, but never does. Don't agree with a lot of their policies. Uses point system for everything. Uses Time-Off-Task every hour.

Not all bad, just changing right now.
There are better places to work
Fulfillment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 28, 2018
I do not even know where to begin with what is so wrong with working here. I really so not think I have anything positive to say about working for Chewy. It was great when I first started there but slowly over the last year it has declined to the point where working here is just slightly above slave labor. This company does not care for you despite their song and dance during recruitment events.
Cons
Not as great as they make it seem
PIT Trainer and Inbound Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Clayton, INApril 25, 2018
They let the employees dictate the rules. Leads are not allowed to ask an employee to do their job. They make the pickers push a 250 lb cart on foot for 8-10 hours. The only enjoyable part was leaving.
Pros
got to go to pennsylvania
Cons
Should not have gone after team lead
Was fun in the begining, but things have changed.
Fulfillment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAApril 23, 2018
Was a fun and promising in the beginning. But things have changed and is no longer a fun environment. Music is no longer played, due to being a safety hazard. Communication is lacking between management and employees. It is easy to point out and be written up for things. It has now become more about productivity and the bottom line and less about the moral of the employees.
Fun Work Place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAApril 22, 2018
Its Really A Good Place 2 Work At Nd They Really Pay A Good Amount Every 2 Weeks its Not All Tht Bad Bt The Only Thing Whas Tht We Need An Extra 5 Min
Pros
Free Lunchs
Cons
Short Breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chewy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight