Cheyenne Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

External Transport
External Transportation (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WY 82001February 18, 2019
I enjoyed working here in the beginning but soon realized that there was no room for advancement. I enjoyed driving the company truck to do daily deliveries.
Stressful
Driver/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  PACEFebruary 13, 2019
I was terminated for a True Care Behavioral standard that I was never formally trained on. And then was told that it was abandonment! I had a flex schedule and texted mgr. that day and say I was gone for rest of the day! I truly believe that one hand doesn't know what the other is doing there! Then was told by HR that I was put on paid admin leave only to find out they took my PTO away and never paid me for my paid leave! And as the speech therapist said back in March, if you speak your peace about something and not agree with them you are put on their radar to get rid of! Bullies and no regard to educate employees just want to work work work them to death! Horrible place to be employed! Former PACE employee!
Pros
Love the particpants
Cons
Management Management Management!!!!!!
Literally the worst
Patient Access Representative I (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 4, 2019
The training was way more enjoyable than the actual job itself. The management from supervisors up to the director are poor. They treat you like you are less than and they treat you more like a child that they have to take care of then a employee.

I heard so many times they value you as an employee and then later they all turn their backs on you and make you out to be the bad person.
Favoritism is played well in this position and they pick and choose who they want to befriend, when in all actuality they should be there helping you learn

Again horrible place to work, everyone seems to always want to get hired at the hospital but at what expense, you pride and dignity will be tested that’s for sure.
Benefits
Cons
Management, Staff, Job
This was one of the best places that I have ever worked . Management was very supportive. Physicians were communicative and made rounds while teacht
Clinical Nurse Manager Neuroscience/Orthopedics (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WY 82001February 1, 2019
See above. Benefits were excellent. Management was supportive - genuinely. I was allowed to hire proficient practioners. I wrote a 16-week oriention manuual for new grads who wanted to work on a Neuroscience Unit - I wrote this with the assistance of our unit educator and the Director. It was very successful and there were no worries that the new nurse would be thrown in to staffing prior to completing a successful orientation because they were not counted in staffing mix. If you want an almost ideal place to work, this would be it.
Pros
supportive management, staffing excellent, pay excellent and one would get bonuses/awards and generous tuition reimbursement, Shared governance units, recruitment and retention committees
Cons
The weather in Cheyenne is not terrific; cold. I can't think of any other "cons"
CLIENT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 7, 2018
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center was my home for almost three years. I worked in the laboratory, it was absolutely wonderful. The overall environment differs form floor to floor, unit to unit, but it was a great experience to me.
Pros
Great Environment
Billing
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYNovember 1, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co workers. The hardest part was the bullying by management. Workplace culture was tough as anything slightly said wrong held against you. Management allows bullying to continue even after being reported to Supervisor. I learned so much about Insurance company's and their billing practices.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
poor management
Awesome place to work
Room Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 29, 2018
Loved working here. Benefits were good. People were kind and polite. Lots of team work Pay was very good as long as you did your job well. Loved it here
Fun and fast paced
Patient Tray Service (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 24, 2018
Fast paced and fun, but they did the change over, alot of people quit, because mgmt got very strict. I just tried to stay working there. Mgmt was kind of rude.
Pros
Having patients to visit with and helping them with their food orders.
Cons
They watched your breaktime closely.
I came into work in Home Health Care
Home Health Unit Operation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 17, 2018
Expectations were to handle patients who needed an alert device installed in their home that allowed them to wear a neclace around their neck and they can push the button incase they fell and couldn't reach the phone.

I received phone calls regarding patients in need of nurses or other employee's in the department such as physical therepists, billing, or counceling.

I handled my specific job duties regarding my unit installations for patients. Questions regarding the units functionality, or schedule of delivery.
Pros
I enjoyed working with people.
Cons
I didn't care as much to use my vehilce. Driving around town.
CRMC Children's Clinic
Extern Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJuly 23, 2018
The managers and office staff were great to work with
It is a fasted paced job and there is a lot expected of you to do
They train very well and continually check in to make sure you are doing everything correct.
Psychiatric Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse - Inpatient Behavioral Health (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJuly 18, 2018
This hospital is like nowhere I have ever worked.

Leadership is encouraging, involved and supportive. This is a safe learning environment with psychiatrists and NPs who demonstrate respect for all levels of employees. The same kindness and compassion that we show to our patients daily, is also extended to staff.

Leadership observes quality employees and hands out praise freely. When undesirable choices are made by staff, leadership uses the opportunity to teach, encourage and help people grow. This is a JUST culture, exactly as the hospital preaches during your first week of orientation.

Phenomenal work environment that trickles down from the top (hospital administrator - east building)!
Pros
Culture, co-workers
Team work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne WyJuly 2, 2018
The team I worked with was really good at working together to take care of out patients, communication was acceptable, and the flexibility of the scheduling was good.
I love working for the cardiopulmonary department!
EKG Technician (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 20, 2018
All of my coworkers are very supportive. My management and peers go over and beyond to make sure we are always on the same page and working as a team.
Poor Management
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 13, 2018
Management plays favoritism with employees. If you are not in the group they make your work days horrible. I hated going to work due to the fact that I was treated unfairly by management.
Producitve and friendly place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 1, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center. I learned lots they were very flexible and supportive of my education. The staff worked will together. I loved how the Nurses and the CNAs worked together to help each other out and to provide the best care to the patients and support to their families.
Fun enviroment, competitive wages, awesome management
Billing Clerk/Deposit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 9, 2018
is one of the best jobs I have had since coming to Cheyenne. The company provides great benefits, try extremely hard to make your job enjoyable. Best place to work.
no thank you
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 8, 2018
quick paced with 5 patients, management needs a lot of work, there is favoritism and penalties if management does not like you for whatever reason, there is good team work
Productive and fast paced communal environment
Sanitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 7, 2018
At Cheyenne Regional Medical Center all employees are treated as one. We are there for the support of the healthcare and life satisfaction for the members of clothe community. It does not matter what position an individual holds.
Pros
Excellent benefit package including constantly accruing PTO.
Cons
Sometimes it can be overly stressful when the patient count is higher than normal.
Run by bullies
Billing Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 1, 2018
Management does what they want and play favoritisms. If anyone tries to stand up for what is fair or correct we are pulled into private "meetings" and told we are negative and bringing down the entire department. Select favorites get away with anything they want including leaving early and not showing up but others who have medical conditions or family emergencies get written up and punished because "that is policy".
Poor management let’s bullies run rampant
Speech Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 27, 2018
Loved job until manager became director. Then new manager was a lying bully. If you went against her, you got terminated using TRUE CARE violations. Specific manager lied to HR while she herself was breaking rules. Brought illegal Cuban cigars back and passed them out at work. Terrible example for a manager to set. Her bosses ignored her anger issues and let a very dedicated employee get terminated without just cause. Avoid PACE program at all costs!
Pros
Loved pts and most coworkers
Cons
Manager was a bully who punished for disagreeing with her

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Cheyenne Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location