CHHA Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Helping patients
Certifield home health aid (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJMarch 7, 2018
I work 3 times a week helping patients with everyday daily living needs. I used to work full time, but decided to take my career in a different direction in the health field.
Pros
helping patients with daily living needs
Cons
low pay
Stressful
RN Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 11, 2018
always on the run, answering calls, calling doctors, visiting patients. Need to be self scheduling and never ending caseload. The managers pushy to get you to see cases from left and right
Great job
Certified Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJOctober 18, 2017
U get to meet a lot of people. Sometimes u have to work with a lot of sick people but it's okay just have to make them comfortable and keep them calm.
Chha
Senior Helper Cherry Hill NJ - CHHA (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 30, 2017
Chha is a great job and it allows you to expand healthcare goals. It is a good way to meet new people and to get your name out in the health field . They work around my schedule and allow me to get as many hours as i need.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
People get sick and pass away
not enough pay
Senior Helper- New Jersey (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, NJMay 29, 2017
All is well with this company. I just wished they paid more. I am just tired of doing the same work over and over. There is no room for growth unless, you acquire a hire education in nursing.
Cons
best boss ever until new management comes in
Intake Liaison (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2016
I met the best boss anyone could ever want. Job is on the field, promoting homecare services. It is very competitive as there are several homecare agencies out there. Boss is very helpful, provides teaching, guidance, and support. Nurse mentor is very helpful and informative. We were a small team but we work hard to produce cases everyday.
Until new management comes in and get rid of many staff to bring in their own people from another competitor company. These new management people are such low and pathetic and evil.
Now their CHHA is closed due to mismanagement. What comes around goes around but not before inflicting pain and disrupting many lives of many former employees.
Pros
good benefit from company
Cons
lousy director and her equally evil and best friend vp/administrator
Not a friendly place to work
Visiting Angels (Current Employee) –  sparta NJNovember 17, 2016
People didn't work well with you. Not much to tell. I hated it there and I left. it was smelled like human waste all the time. very unpleasant environment. Staff were mean and very uncaring.
Pros
Non
Cons
alots.
Not fun
Home Instead Senior Care (Current Employee) –  Waretown, NJOctober 13, 2016
The managers and owner are very snotty when it comes to taking care of the patients. They seemed like they didnt care about there caregivers on what happened to them. Bad experiance cause of something happening while working and it seemed like they could careless.
Pros
Non
Cons
Bad managment
Very busy place to work, always something to be done.
Lead Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 6, 2016
You could not follow a "to Do" list as the work is always coming. Organizational skills and Time Management is a must. I enjoyed looking at the processes and helping staff to understand them, therefore making the work flow more effectively.
Greenwood House
Greenwood House Homemaker Program (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJOctober 17, 2015
Greenwood House is recovering from the lose of many clients due to United Way program closing down. Previous to this there was enough work for all.
Pros
free lunch for those who work in house
Cons
see above
work in home
I COOK, CLEAN, AND GO SHOPPING (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 13, 2015
I love working with the clients in their home. You can give them more of your time. You can do special projects with them. Take them for walks and shopping.
enjoyed working with the elderly
certified home health aide (Former Employee) –  1050 w. genesee st Syracuse, NYAugust 7, 2015
i loved working with the elderly and taking care of the elderly and the company was ok to work for the company they were ok to be around i would go back if they would have me
A good job for people that want to help others.
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 3, 2015
My day consist of helping people that's not able to cook, clean, run errands and do laundry. The hardest part was seeing some of my clients in bad conditions but that's why I was there to lift them up.
Pros
Companionship and listening
Cons
Not making enough money
Typical Night At Work
CHHA (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAApril 13, 2015
8 hour shifts doing in home care- workload was pretty heavy. I chart on 3 kids per night, but I'm told by the mother I work for to take care of all 25 kids.
Pros
8 whole hours- don't clock out for lunch
Cons
I have to stay there for 8 hours- no lunch break
Excellent place to work.
Home Instead Senior Care (Current Employee) –  Succasunna, NJFebruary 23, 2015
Lots of challenging but rewarding cases. Small staff so I got to interact with everyone in management. I enjoyed my daily interactions with the clients the most.
The Power of Caring
CERTIFIED HOME HEALTH AIDE (Former Employee) –  Toms RiverFebruary 17, 2015
I've provided care for many different familes.. My most exciting case was traveling to Rhode Island once a month.. I had alot of fun making new friends and playing a major role in the recovery to many clients or just being a companion to those in need.. Before one of my clients past away his last requset was he wanted me to watch the superbowl with him and his family. This is a very rewarding job..
Pros
Enjoying special moments with people
Cons
Hospice and Funerals.
They work hard to guarantee a quality job opportunity
Certified Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  NJFebruary 7, 2015
I've worked for this company since 2011, and they work hard to give their workers a fair opportunity to make a decent income. They'll work hand-in-hand with their employees, and they have a great work ethic when it comes to troublesome situations with unruly clients.
Fun enivorment that is emotional rewarding.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKJune 24, 2014
My day was all about the patient and what needed to be done for the at day for the patient. I learned something new everyday from work advice all the way to love advice. The staff and the management are wonderful.
Caring, Compassionate, Quality Care
Hospice CHHA (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 1, 2014
Review my daily schedule, contact patients/family members with time frame of arrival, check in all emails/texts from company for change of schedule due to cancellations and/or deaths, communicate with co-workers for updates of patient. Hardest part of the job would be having to say good-bye to my patient whom I've become close to. The most enjoyable part of the job would be looking forward to see my patients who are always expecting my visit and provide the best of quality care and talking to them and their family members with answers to any questions they may have.
Pros
individual care, quality care, independent, mobil
Cons
driving
Looking for exciting place of employment.able to use my skills
Assisting clients (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 27, 2014
Im a promt energitic women.New to Indianapolis. Seeking a job that i can bring my many years of experience to your company.I learned divirsity over the years .im able to work with clients,who have many disablities'.I enjoy meeting new people. The hardest part of my job is when a client leaves or no longer need services.I enjoy my job,because i love to help people.And i look forward to futhering my education so that im able to do the work i enjoy in diffrent setting
Pros
Im always promt and on time
Cons
Not being ableto do overtime