CHI
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100

CHI Employee Reviews

Found 2,798 reviews matching the search
Loved my job. Constantly reminded of the budget. Management was spread thin and could care less of the wellness department. Many people lost jobs. Lots of great experience to move somewhere else in the company.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
work life balance
The department I worked in was filled with great, hardworking people. Everyone acted as a team and encouraged one another. I liked knowing I was helping people. Good place to work.
Pros
Flexible hours, great staff
Cons
Low pay, no pay increases
Bad pay, raises and bonuses are a joke. unsupportive management who will take your ideas and pass them off as their own. Only care about saving money and not about quality
Cons
As an ICU nurse that has only worked at this facility, I do not have anything to compare it to but this place makes me feel like family. We work well as a team through any situation and we are given a great amount of autonomy over our patient care which has helped me grow as a nurse.
Positive work enviroment, helpful co-workers... plenty of opportunity for growth and development. My department had trouble keeping managers but other departments stepped up and helped out to lighten the load.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Its a cool place to work and you will learn something, but watch your back and don’t think management is mostly on your side. Also night shift doesn’t get any respect.
I had expressed safety concerns to management and risk many times without resolution. Management is completely horrible and they don’t seem to care about their employees or their patients
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
See above
I loved what I did, and most of th people I worked with but unfortunately CHI only cares about one thing and that's money. That is at the expense of patients, staff, and the right thing. They are corrupt.
Caring, friendly staff & co-workers. Worse part of job is being under staffed & having to work by myself for 7 of the 12 hrs. The stress d/t being under staffed is a lot worse compared to what it was when I first began there in 2017. A lot has also seemed to have changed since a corporation has taken over.
Pros
Friendly peop!e
Cons
Sometimes no break, or even time for dinner.
Meeting people and taking them to rooms and leaving the hospital. I always learn about greeting customers to escort them to where they need to go and being a good patient transporter.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
I absolutely love this hospital. I have work at various hospitals and honestly this hospital cares more about the employees than the other hospitals do. Self scheduling that allows me to go to school.
Typical day-Favoritism, gossip, bullying, and laziness.I learned-That there is so much better out there. Management-Terrible. Never there, plays favorites, does not appreciate you.Workplace culture-All about money, low pay, unappreciative.Hardest part of job-watching fellow employees get away with being subpar at best with no consequences, manager playing "friends" with fellow coworkers, being bullied, the high turnoverThe most enjoyable part of job-Giving my 2 weeks notice.
Pros
The doctors are actually nice - although unappreciative, the patients
Cons
Pay, managers, co-workers, the overall feel of the place, favoritism, bullying, how lazy co-workers are
Management is terrible, from the Manager, down to supervisor and even Leads, communication sucks, no room for growth. No bonuses whatsoever for COVID work but worthless gifts... over all horrible company IMO, other department staff was awesome though
Pros
Cafeteria coffee
Cons
Everything else
Staff is nice to each other and try to work together, but the departments are poorly managed and helpful suggestions seldom taken into consideration. Hard workers end up picking up slack where others leave off. High turnover rate. HR/administration can be nasty to employees and unnecessarily rude, seem to be on a power trip. There is no real collaboration between departments, which could help to solve some issues.Would be an excellent place to work/retire if these things changed.
Pros
Good pay and medical benefits, medical assistance available, nice workers
Cons
Managed poorly, administration does not seem to care about the employees
At first, the job was great. The nursing staff was very helpful and friendly. The nurse to patio ratio was 1:5 and assignments were properly assigned based on nurse skill level. Management changed and it became more about the money than the staff or patient care quality.
Work environment is extremely unpredictable and often time dangerous. The staff that I worked with did not support other employees which lead to a lot of miscommunication and hostility. I ultimately chose to leave the job due to the stress level and poor work/life balance. At the end of many shifts, I would go sit in my car on the verge of tears. Days off were unproductive as you are so tired from working the 12 hour shifts prior. High turnover and poor staffing. Mandatory overtime requires employees to pick up extra shifts which can cause them to work 60+ hours a week. Overall, I would not recommend this job to anyone. If you are a student pursuing a career in the psych field, there are many opportunities in the area that are safer and less stressful than working in acute care.
Pros
Experience in the field
Cons
Dangerous, stressful, lack of staff
It was a okay place to work when you need a job. The staff knew how to do their job but a lot of time laziness got in the way and it made it more of a task.
Overall not a bad place to work. I work PRN. They are pretty flexible with me, but full time workers not so much. Has a high turn over rate. Management isn’t the greatest.
Managers are not helpful and do not value workers time. Never respond in a timely manner or respond at all. Coworkers help on occasions and sit in groups and exclude certain people. Never thanked or appreciated always expected to go above and beyond and that’s still not good enough for them.
Cons
No breaks, no appreciation, no free lunches or snacks during shifts
I worked at CHI in council bluffs, iowa. I worked in the psych unit. Great staff. Management is okay. They handled an issue with a co worker who was culturally insensitive rather quickly !
This is one of the best jobs I've had. I you have never worked in a hospital environment before it can be really intimidating but they're really patient.
Pros
Benefits and Advancement
Cons
No real O.T. Pay
  1. Employee Reviews