CHI Franciscan Health Employee Reviews

Loved it
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 21, 2018
Best job ever pretty cool great benefits I would definitely work there again sometime in the future. Just wasn’t the right time when I was employed there
First contract is good....
FMG Staff (Former Employee) –  Washington StateDecember 8, 2018
Just wait until the second one--huge salary cut with no paid time off? Watch as your decision making capacity as a hospital and region are removed to a corporate conglomerate and decisions are handed down to you by unknowns.
Pros
hard, working rank and file, good people
Cons
poor decision making capacity of corporate leadership, little authority at the local level
great company to work for
P.A.R 11 Lead (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WANovember 9, 2018
I worked in a clinic that was combined with Family Medicine and Urgent Care. I've handle patients that were having heart attacks to patients just having a minor cold.
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people.
Pros
Merrit raises
The forgotten employee
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burien, WAOctober 23, 2018
It started off on the wrong foot the first day hired on the job. I was lead to a room with no windows, a desk that hadn't been dusted in years, a phone that no one knew the number to and a PC that wasn't even setup with any programs, access etc. As a matter of fact I couldn't login because there was a problem with my credentials. My boss left me with the phone number to IT never to be seen again... Not to mention I was given no phone tree, no map of the hospital (that seems huge to a new employee who has never worked there before), not even a list of the first and last names of people I'd be supporting. I think I was approached maybe a total 4 times for admin assistance in the 2 months I stayed at Highline. The facility was dirty and most of the management was very unprofessional. Using foul language and talking about staff poorly to one another in meetings where everyone could hear. I have never worked in such a unprofessional environment in my life. It felt like a juvenile girls high school. I do not recommend this job to the serious professional. STAY FAR AWAY.
Pros
Cons
Management is very unprofessional, technology is arcadic, facility is poorly kept
Preoperative Secretary/Registrar (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAOctober 18, 2018
I enjoyed this job and learned a great deal regarding medical field. All staff were extremely kind and compassionate. One of my favorite places to work. My Boss was GREAT!
Fast paced and fun place to work at
Patient Access Representative II (Current Employee) –  Burien, WAOctober 12, 2018
Checked in and checked out patients. answered calls to make or reschedule appointments. Made sure patients felt like they were in a safe environment. Worked with other PARS
stressful, mean stuff, very poor management...
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  BERMERTONOctober 9, 2018
Very poor management they don't comunicate with their employees, lot of favoritism, very stressful environment the coworkers are so mean no respect tp each others, too much drama everyday new story. you'll hate going to work everyday, also i saw a lot of CNA and RN mistreating the patients..
Benefits
Cons
stressful environment, mean stuff, very poor management...
Love Franciscan
Inpatient R N- Orthopedic Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAOctober 6, 2018
Beautiful place to work for. Staff is like family and always willing to help each other. I always felt like I could ask and receive help at all times when needed.
Pros
Excellent
Supportive environment
Hospice Volunteer (Current Employee) –  King County, WASeptember 29, 2018
I am a Hospice Volunteer and am honored to serve those near or at the end of life. This is rewarding volunteerism and we are helping families and the loved ones in one of the most difficult times of life. I came to this work through my own hospice experience within my family and have since developed my skill so that I can be completely present when with a patient or client.
Same as FNA
Same as above (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 21, 2018
Same as Franciscan Medical group. I'm pleased for having an opportunity to get initial on the job training, OR training, hospital rounds, and assessment of complex spine conditions.
Pros
See above
Cons
See above
Not cohesive, no back up
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, WASeptember 19, 2018
Job was listed as one thing but ended up being something totally different. Client base and clinic was very high maintenance and was constantly changing the requirements,
Horrible culture in ER
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WASeptember 3, 2018
Worked in the ER for a couple of months and the culture and people that work there most but not all of them are mean, it was like high school drama , people talking behind your back and criticizing you for everything. Most act very unprofessional and are at time also direspectful towards patients. If you are new to this environment this is NOT the place you want to learn
Pros
Small hospital
Cons
Unprofessional culture
Never a dull moment
Patient Access Representative II (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAAugust 13, 2018
At St.Francis ED you are always busy throughout your shift and there is never a dull moment, as we are open 24/7 and people always have medical needs.
Pros
Time goes by fast
Cons
You can get caught up and miss your breaks/lunches
Problems with benefits, poor management.
RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  Burien, WAAugust 7, 2018
I was hired with benefits, 9 months later I was told my health insurance was being discontinued.
Manager never leaves her office. Doesn't have a clue what goes on in the department.
No breaks.
Very slow patient care.
Understaffed.
Pros
Liked the people I worked with.
Cons
Loss of health insurance for no apparent reason?
3rd party support module, too many layers
Desktop Support Analyst-Contractor (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 29, 2018
I was a technical support member but my actual employer was a 3rd party vendor. This meant that questions, concerns had to go through layers of people to achieve resolution.
Great place at which to extern
Phlebotomy Tech (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJuly 19, 2018
I worked at St. Francis Hospital for about a month during my externship to become a phlebotomist. I was very impressed with the work ethic and attention to quality work that was emphasized.
difficult company to get any job satisfaction from.
Rn. Device nurse (Former Employee) –  King County, WAJuly 17, 2018
There was no room for growth or keeping up with technology. I am not afraid of hard work, but staffing always seemed to be an issue. Communication lacking from management.
Leadership Heavy, Sole Focus on Clinical Workers
Financial Access Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 6, 2018
I enjoyed working at Franciscan Health for many years however, as time went on, the organization became very "corporate" and had managers, directors, and VPs for anything and everything one can imagine. This often felt leadership heavy and staff member short. The only area I did NOT see this in was in clinical areas, such as nursing. Any other ancillary areas were stretched fairly thin by the time my position and hundreds of others were outsourced.
Management is very unprofessional
Insurance Follow-Up Rep II (Current Employee) –  1148 BroadwayJuly 1, 2018
Manager is very unprofessional. She doesn't lead her team at all. The Insurance Follow Up Department will most likely be outsourced again if drastic measures aren't taken to remove current management.
Pros
Benefits are good
Severe micromanaging & control freak Manager & Supervisor
Insurance Follow Up Representative (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 17, 2018
The Insurance Follow Up Dept is so disorganized & the Leadership Team is very controlling & micromanaging their teams. Not a fun place to work anymore.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHI Franciscan Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight