CHI Franciscan Health Culture reviews

Nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 26, 2019
This was a nice place to work while I was there. I was given an opportunity to learn and I enjoyed some of the people that I was working with. Meeting other employees from different locations and colaborating with them was a bonus.
productive and fun workplace
EUC Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 17, 2019
it was a fun work place very productive, learned a lot work there, great environment, awesome people to work with and be around. i really enjoyed my experience at CHI.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
low pay, no benefits
Preoperative Secretary/Registrar (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAOctober 18, 2018
I enjoyed this job and learned a great deal regarding medical field. All staff were extremely kind and compassionate. One of my favorite places to work. My Boss was GREAT!
Love Franciscan
Inpatient R N- Orthopedic Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAOctober 6, 2018
Beautiful place to work for. Staff is like family and always willing to help each other. I always felt like I could ask and receive help at all times when needed.
Pros
Excellent
Horrible culture in ER
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WASeptember 3, 2018
Worked in the ER for a couple of months and the culture and people that work there most but not all of them are mean, it was like high school drama , people talking behind your back and criticizing you for everything. Most act very unprofessional and are at time also direspectful towards patients. If you are new to this environment this is NOT the place you want to learn
Pros
Small hospital
Cons
Unprofessional culture
Every Call is worth it....
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 6, 2018
There's pros & cons to every job. I love my job regardless of the politics. Being a faith based company I use it to my advantage. Other jobs don't allow me to have my bible at work. I'm grateful for my job.
Pros
Im able to set the tone as too what type of day its gonna be
Cons
Advancement doesn't present itself often
Great Benefits--environment varies
Surgery Scheduler/Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 13, 2018
The organization's values are strong
Culture varies depending on the department in which you work, and the strength of your direct leadership
Benefits are good, but base pay could be better
Good organizational structure
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 9, 2018
Working in a medical environment is exciting and ever changing. The culture at CHI Franciscan is wonderful. A day can go from sluggish if the executives are out of the office - to whirlwind as they leave meetings with new projects assigned.
Coder II (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 14, 2018
Great place to work. Worked with some great people. Shifted from inpatient coding to risk adjustment coding. It was a challenge to learn this, but I caught on quickly.
workplace culture
Care management (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMarch 6, 2018
Co-workers and peers were great! Senior management was not responsive and didn't appear to care about work conditions or compensation for employees. Senior management not nimble or open to new ideas.
CHI Franciscan is a great organization with strong values.
Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 5, 2018
CHI Franciscan is a great organization with strong values and a culture of compassionate service. They are growing and expanding their services in many more communities so that more people will benefit from the excellent care and services that CHI provides.
Franciscan Medical Group - Gastroenterology
Primary nurse to gastroenterology provider (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAFebruary 1, 2018
Your day depended on which of the eight clinics you worked at. Tacoma was the busiest clinic, the other clinics were at a more even less harried pace. Often times you worked short staffed. I learned alot about the treatment of Hepatitis C and the ins/outs of getting treatment authorized by insurance companies.

The workplace culture was that of a company building it's infrastructure after being incorporated into a healthcare system from a private practice. Not all policies in place yet, but give it 5-10 years.
Pros
Loved the people and patients I worked with
Cons
Constant changes in schedule, have to travel to other clinics sometimes upons short notice
Fast paced, healthcare is ever changing.
Regional Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 23, 2018
.Fast paced, must be fluid and flexible. People who work here are terrific and are the highlight of going to work each day. Most staff live the values of the organization. Need to focus sometimes too many initiatives all at one time.
Chi
Patient Access Representative I/II (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJanuary 8, 2018
The hardest part is dealing with un-organization due to the lack of clinic management. I did really enjoy my coworkers and enjoyed helping people from all cultures
Pros
helping people
Cons
management
This used to be a great place to work.
Utilization Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 30, 2017
Many changes since FHS became part of CHI. Recently more changes since new CEO arrived. Not very "Franciscan" any more. It is a great job, great pay, great benefits, great co-workers.
Happy Place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 21, 2017
Franciscan Health System is a beautiful place to work, I really enjoy working at Franciscan great staff which was very freely to assist in helping you when needed.
Pros
Great Place to work
Cons
Short breaks
Good enviroment
Transporter\CNA (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJuly 21, 2017
Great message of teamwork and overall Satisfaction of work culture.
Great learning and teaching done with peers and state standards. The values and mission work here.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
can get a bit stressed during peek hours.
Health Informatics (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 21, 2017
Good place to work. Work culture is find. Management is fine. Difficult to get technical assistance with IT related issues. Overall very positive experience.
Benefits
Great Pay & Benefits
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJune 27, 2017
My peers were great, and we all had the patient population in our best interest. Due to the hospital system being under a Corporate umbrella on the East Coast, communication and transparency was minimal.
Pros
Front Line Staff, Pay & Compensation
Cons
Corporate focused culture
Great place to work!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 4, 2017
Wonderful core values of reverence, integrity, compassion and excellence. Live their values. Great people and teamwork. Welcoming and caring workplace culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHI Franciscan Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight