CHI Health at Home Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
My daily experience
Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 16, 2018
I am a Team Coordinator for CHI Health @ Home and I have to say this is one of the best jobs I have ever had. I have some amazing MCS and Managers. They truly care about you and your family. I have never worked in Home Health before and I have to say I find my job very rewarding. To know that we are making sure that people have the best of the best Nurses, PT, OT, ST and HHA in the business is amazing. I can say it is an honor to get to work here at CHI. I thank God daily for my job.
Pros
Great Hours, Managers, Team Members
Cons
I dont have any at this time
Great Place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  ArkansasJuly 16, 2018
CHI Health at Home is committed as an organization; from the CEO to local leadership to make it THE employer of choice. They had an employee engagement survey in 2016 and one of the negative feedback points from associates was that there wasn't any opportunity for advancement. The response was that the organization created an advanced case management position! Another issue was that employees didn't feel as if they were informed of the company's direction. The response was that the CEO and COO did a town hall in every branch in 2017.
This organization listens to its employees and makes strategic moves to connect with staff. Plus, the benefits are outstanding!
Pros
benefits, CEO/COO/Regional VPs who care, local leaders who want staff to have a great work environment
Cons
home health is hard work...but aren't all health care jobs
The worst homecare agency ever!!
Dayton RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 13, 2018
This job was for Dayton RN case manager, when I got hired they had me working in 6 counties in ohio. Travel is excessive. On call is excessive. Pay is sub par. Taking this job was a waste of time. dont do it.
Pros
Paid hoildays
Cons
Terrible insurance, terrible management, excessive travel, low pay, a week straight of oncall.
Very poor management, stressful environment!
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 22, 2018
Orientation was awesome, got trained well. But once on your own, it was immediate overload. Tons of on call, not many after hours calls but a lot of scheduled visits on weekends. Expectations to help other branches over an hour away as well. High turn over rate, including management.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short staffed, poor management, unreasonable expectations
After purchased by CHI
nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 3, 2018
Its; all about making money. More sales people than nurses to do the care. Sad. Had 6 sales staff and 5 nurses. Seeing people at night to get visits in. Lost benefits and jobs
Pros
none anymore
Cons
money is priority over patient care
Amongst the worst in the region!
Field Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 17, 2018
Very excessive travel. Unrealistic expectations. Poorly Managed. Patients consistently neglected and Doctors orders changed by Management without Dr knowledge. No supplies available. Understaffed. On call approx 15 days per month. Terrible place to work.
Pros
Lovely Patients to work with
Cons
Everything else
An amazing place to work!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 6, 2018
The new management has changed the culture, it is a inviting place to work! This mission focused agency is committed to providing the best quality and comprehensive Home Health and Hospice care to the community in a way that a caring family provides.
productive and fun
Financial intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milford, OH 45150April 5, 2018
work at your own pace
everyone friendly and tries to make the day fun
on and off the phone through the day
slow paced and sometimes not have enough work
Great Opportunities in Home Care and Hospice
Rn Project Manager III (Current Employee) –  Milford, OHFebruary 19, 2018
I currently have the opportunity to work from home and make a difference in the education of nurses in the Home Care and Hospice field. By improving the lives of our staff, our patients will reap the benefits of excellent Home Care and Hospice Care. I have enjoyed working as a Manager and Director of Clinical services and as Project Manager have had the opportunity to mentor many staff members through the integration process of the company.
Don't work here
HR (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHJanuary 12, 2018
Branches are fine but do not work for the corp office. Not a good environment, HR does not care about people, does not listen to employee needs, will
Medical serviecs provided
Professional office support (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 10, 2018
The company was awesome to hire me as a temp after working 9 months. I loved working with patients, there is not enough opportunity for growth. I am ready to work with a company that gives freedom and opportunity to expand learn and grow within.
relaxed environment
Government Team Leader- Revenue Cycle (Current Employee) –  Milford, OHJanuary 9, 2018
Ever changing medical billing environment. great staff and management great opportunity must have experience. I'm responsible for over 19 associates I have a set job description but I also have to learn and understand each of the associates roles to assist when needed. I actually have 20 roles that I maintain daily while attending meetings and performing quality audits for performance and processing accounts
Horribly managed
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYDecember 13, 2017
Worst place I ever worked for!!! Stay away!!!! Terribly managed! Work you to death. Send you to unsafe locations alone like hotels. You are never off. You work a full day and then you go on call alnight.
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
Everything else
Stressful and time consuming
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 10, 2017
Imagine being in your car for 70% of your work day, only to make stops at filthy dilapidated homes (some are nice). If your new, they will give you the jobs that others are not willing to take, and make you drive long hours no one else is willing to drive. If your salaried, it's a unit quota based system. You should be allowed to refuse extra units, but no, they will force you to work extra all the time. And when you are not working they make you take "on call" so if you want to relax on your time off you can forget about it. This is an all consuming job where you don't get to leave your work at work. Good luck to all who apply.
Pros
I can't think of anything
Cons
See review
I was hired for a job that I was never trained to do
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IA 50322October 23, 2017
Co-workers were horrible to work with. I felt I was set up to fail and didn't feel like I fit in. I was never trained for the job I applied for and was hired for. No one ever talked to me unless it was to criticize.
Love my job
Revenue Cycle Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milford, OHOctober 5, 2017
LOVE MY JOB. If it weren't for moving I could see myself retiring from CHI. The work environment is great and my co-working are helpful. Pay could be better.
Best Place I have ever Worked!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 31, 2017
Very relaxed but obviously we need to do our job as well! We are growing in areas that we service too! No place is perfect but this place is pretty close.
Pros
Free CEU's
great company
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA 50309May 29, 2017
great company with great pay and benefits. everyone there is very nice and easy to work with. The best part of the job is the satisfaction from the patients.
Lacks senior leadership involvement
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Health at HomeMay 23, 2017
The level of collaboration needed from the senior leadership(Ohio) and local (Nebraska) hospital system does not exist. Local HME is driving one agenda and the hospital is driving another and neither have a game plan to collaborate. As a result the local HME is not supported by either.
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
No support from leadership
Small branch, Short Staffed
Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 25, 2017
Constant turnover because of short staff. Challenging place to work overall. Expectations are tough. Branch is small. Challenging place to work for pharmacy technicians.
Pros
Time Goes By Fast
Cons
Short Staffed