CHI Health at Home Employee Reviews

Best job, best employees
RN (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 30, 2019
Working in hospice is rewarding, working with great coworkers is even more rewarding! Close knit group that care about and for each other. Hope to retire from CHI!
Pros
Wonderful coworkers
Cons
Long hours, on call
Best Organization lives it's mission and values
Revenue Cycle (Current Employee) –  Milford, OHMay 30, 2019
Team/Collaborative atmosphere from top to bottom. Focus on organization growth AND employee growth. Support associates in their professional and personal growth paths. Love it here. Many opportunities to grow. Likewise, opportunity to stay status quo when performing quality work as well. Rewards associates okay for expected performance, increases awards/recognition for associates who truly go above and beyond. Likewise, if associate performance needs work - coaching/training counseling is available for those who wish to learn. It is a large organization with a huge footprint nationally, however in-house it is a small family atmosphere everyone is willing to help everyone professionally & personally.
Pros
In a safe suburb of Cincinanti, commute is easy, people are awesome.
Overall a great place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 18, 2019
Referral based office, so some days are slow/steady while others are extremely busy. The hours are great and there's very minimal on-call. Everyone typically gets along well here. The supervisors (pharmacists) are easy to get along with and know what they're doing. The pay is typically better than a lot of pharmacy technician jobs in the area. It's a smaller office so you typically wear multiple hats, but as long as you know what you're doing, that isn't a terrible thing.
Pros
Hours, Work atmosphere, Benefits
Cons
Lack of teamwork at times (minimal)
Horrible Management
Manager Of Clinical Services (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 13, 2019
The management is very unprofessional! This office is very clicky. They will work you to the bone and you are disposable. Be very careful about trusting anyone here.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional, dishonest
Toxic Environment
Full Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 3, 2018
Tried to be professional but couldn't.... didn't have the talent or proper management in place. Thought since they were affiliated with Mercy Hospital they should get facility business but continually underperformed in all areas. Was and continues to be not Hospice and Home Card of choice in all markets. If you value your reputation do not waste your time and talents with such an underperforming company. If I knew then what I know now I would of not accepted a position. (Live and Learn)
Pros
Cons
Underperforming Teams
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEDecember 2, 2018
CHI Health at Home is a great place to work. My Supervisor was wonderful. He was very understanding and took the time to answer questions and assist with learning the job.
Good compensation and perks but questionable ethics & boundaries
associate (Current Employee) –  NebraskaNovember 30, 2018
Some branches are better professionally than others. At some, there is a culture of overstepping boundaries and questionable confidentiality and ethics.
Hostile work environment
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 21, 2018
This organization values money and more patients, regardless of whether there are nurses available to provide adequate care above all else. Very high turnover rate due to extreme disorganization, lack of communication, and extreme knowledge deficits amoung their office staff. All nurse managers have next to none acute care experience, only one manager had icu level care experience and that manager resigned. Best practice is NOT a concern. I would only consider maybe 3 of their nurse case managers competent. Also you will have to carefully review your paystubs every 2 weeks as there are all too often discrepancies.
Pros
None not worth it.
Cons
See above.
excellent place to work
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  OmahaOctober 25, 2018
I have worked for CHI since 2011 and for CHI Health at Home Hospice since 2012. I have never before had a job where every day I want to go to work, and where every team member is an asset and in the right place.
Worst Employer in Ohio!!
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 21, 2018
Horrible Management, advertises “work around where you live” but I had Patients over an hour between eachother. Drove over 500 miles per week. Rude office staff. Cannot get Therapy for Patients.
Pros
Pay, sweet Clients
Cons
Everything else
Terrible management
Employee (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHSeptember 27, 2018
Management does not care about the employees, it is all about numbers. Management also plays favorites. You are expected to work overtime with no regard to family life. The amount of work you are expected to complete is extremely high. All in all you should be getting paid 3 saleries with the amount if work that is expected.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Everything else especially management.
Good place to work overall. Had great supervisors
Lpn (Former Employee) –  Little RockSeptember 1, 2018
Loved the in home patient care. Did not enjoy bringing work home, i.e. additional charting on most days and or preparing for next days pts and calling pts. This is the only negative.
Pros
Working independently. One on one pt care.
Cons
Mileage. Working at home after putting in a full day
Great organization with lots to offer its associates!
Associate Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milford, OHAugust 7, 2018
CHI Health at Home is a large Home Health organization that does so much more than Home Care and Hospice. We serve Infusion patients, Non Emergency Medical Transport and Home Respiratory Care. The benefit package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Short and Long Term disability, and more! The company values the career development of their associates by providing a Tuition Reimbursement benefit for those interested in furthering their education. They are also family focused and offer benefits like Adoption Reimbursement to help families who choose to grow their family through Adoption. The focus on quality patient care is equal to the focus on associate engagement. Overall, CHI Health at Home is a great place to work, and I am happy to be part of an amazing team.
Pros
Benefits, Flexible work Schedule, Paid time off
Cons
Communication between departments, Technology
Amazing
Admin Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHJuly 20, 2018
I loved it here this was by far my favorite job.
The job itself had a purpose and the people were amazing. Management also was absolutely amazing and they care!
Very Productive and Quick Paced Company
Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 19, 2018
A typical work day involves, answering high volume calls, working with referral sources, reading/responding to emails frequently, and dealing with a lot of different personalities. Some are good and some are bad, just like everywhere else that deals with the public.

I have learned many things within the medical field. I have gained a lot of terminology and learned about wounds, IV's, medications, cardio, diabetes, COPD, and other illnesses.

Management is Awesome. Where I work, they're very caring and they will work around any issues that you have going on and they will help you in any way, shape, or form, whether it's family, person, or work related. Also, if bad weather is coming in, they will allow you to work from home.

The hardest part of the job is making sure I have done everything in my power to get all of my tasks done each day. I'm responsible for 3 Home Health Agencies and up to 800 clients. I have a certain amount of time to do it all, before the next shift takes over. I manage Intake, Medical Records, Scheduling, Payroll, and Orders.

The most enjoyable part of my job is getting the satisfactory out of know I have done everything in my power to get everything taken care of for before my shift ends. I deal with a lot of issues and I get the chance to absolve those issues and help people.
Pros
The job has great benefits and good pay. Plus you get to help people in need.
Cons
Sometimes we are talked down to by field staff and we are taken advantage of.
My daily experience
Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 16, 2018
I am a Team Coordinator for CHI Health @ Home and I have to say this is one of the best jobs I have ever had. I have some amazing MCS and Managers. They truly care about you and your family. I have never worked in Home Health before and I have to say I find my job very rewarding. To know that we are making sure that people have the best of the best Nurses, PT, OT, ST and HHA in the business is amazing. I can say it is an honor to get to work here at CHI. I thank God daily for my job.
Pros
Great Hours, Managers, Team Members
Cons
I dont have any at this time
Great Place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  ArkansasJuly 16, 2018
CHI Health at Home is committed as an organization; from the CEO to local leadership to make it THE employer of choice. They had an employee engagement survey in 2016 and one of the negative feedback points from associates was that there wasn't any opportunity for advancement. The response was that the organization created an advanced case management position! Another issue was that employees didn't feel as if they were informed of the company's direction. The response was that the CEO and COO did a town hall in every branch in 2017.
This organization listens to its employees and makes strategic moves to connect with staff. Plus, the benefits are outstanding!
Pros
benefits, CEO/COO/Regional VPs who care, local leaders who want staff to have a great work environment
Cons
home health is hard work...but aren't all health care jobs
The worst homecare agency ever!!
Dayton RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 13, 2018
This job was for Dayton RN case manager, when I got hired they had me working in 6 counties in ohio. Travel is excessive. On call is excessive. Pay is sub par. Taking this job was a waste of time. dont do it.
Pros
Paid hoildays
Cons
Terrible insurance, terrible management, excessive travel, low pay, a week straight of oncall.
Your going nowhere
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJune 29, 2018
>>This review is for Columbus Connection which apart of CHI. Good pay. No advancement opportunities. Horrible staffing level which leads to increased workloads. Dispatchers are trained on the job and often do not know how to identify an emergency situation if one hit them in the face. Most dispatchers are clueless on how to work as a team with the road crew members and will make you late for runs by dispatching you even before you clear a run. Mobile ICU is abused by management and dispatch; meanwhile critical runs are lost. They continue to hire low caliber individuals who drop patients or wreck trucks. Connection used to have it together but it is a train wreck that needs new management ASAP!
Pros
Free bottles of water from management on busy days...lmao
Cons
Low morale, No advancement, Low staffing
Very poor management, stressful environment!
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 22, 2018
Orientation was awesome, got trained well. But once on your own, it was immediate overload. Tons of on call, not many after hours calls but a lot of scheduled visits on weekends. Expectations to help other branches over an hour away as well. High turn over rate, including management.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short staffed, poor management, unreasonable expectations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHI Health at Home. Our community is ready to answer.