CHI Health at Home Employee Reviews

excellent place to work
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  OmahaOctober 25, 2018
I have worked for CHI since 2011 and for CHI Health at Home Hospice since 2012. I have never before had a job where every day I want to go to work, and where every team member is an asset and in the right place.
Worst Employer in Ohio!!
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 21, 2018
Horrible Management, advertises “work around where you live” but I had Patients over an hour between eachother. Drove over 500 miles per week. Rude office staff. Cannot get Therapy for Patients.
Pros
Pay, sweet Clients
Cons
Everything else
Terrible management
Employee (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHSeptember 27, 2018
Management does not care about the employees, it is all about numbers. Management also plays favorites. You are expected to work overtime with no regard to family life. The amount of work you are expected to complete is extremely high. All in all you should be getting paid 3 saleries with the amount if work that is expected.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Everything else especially management.
Great organization with lots to offer its associates!
Associate Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milford, OHAugust 7, 2018
CHI Health at Home is a large Home Health organization that does so much more than Home Care and Hospice. We serve Infusion patients, Non Emergency Medical Transport and Home Respiratory Care. The benefit package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Short and Long Term disability, and more! The company values the career development of their associates by providing a Tuition Reimbursement benefit for those interested in furthering their education. They are also family focused and offer benefits like Adoption Reimbursement to help families who choose to grow their family through Adoption. The focus on quality patient care is equal to the focus on associate engagement. Overall, CHI Health at Home is a great place to work, and I am happy to be part of an amazing team.
Pros
Benefits, Flexible work Schedule, Paid time off
Cons
Communication between departments, Technology
Amazing
Admin Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHJuly 20, 2018
I loved it here this was by far my favorite job.
The job itself had a purpose and the people were amazing. Management also was absolutely amazing and they care!
Very Productive and Quick Paced Company
Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 19, 2018
A typical work day involves, answering high volume calls, working with referral sources, reading/responding to emails frequently, and dealing with a lot of different personalities. Some are good and some are bad, just like everywhere else that deals with the public.

I have learned many things within the medical field. I have gained a lot of terminology and learned about wounds, IV's, medications, cardio, diabetes, COPD, and other illnesses.

Management is Awesome. Where I work, they're very caring and they will work around any issues that you have going on and they will help you in any way, shape, or form, whether it's family, person, or work related. Also, if bad weather is coming in, they will allow you to work from home.

The hardest part of the job is making sure I have done everything in my power to get all of my tasks done each day. I'm responsible for 3 Home Health Agencies and up to 800 clients. I have a certain amount of time to do it all, before the next shift takes over. I manage Intake, Medical Records, Scheduling, Payroll, and Orders.

The most enjoyable part of my job is getting the satisfactory out of know I have done everything in my power to get everything taken care of for before my shift ends. I deal with a lot of issues and I get the chance to absolve those issues and help people.
Pros
The job has great benefits and good pay. Plus you get to help people in need.
Cons
Sometimes we are talked down to by field staff and we are taken advantage of.
My daily experience
Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 16, 2018
I am a Team Coordinator for CHI Health @ Home and I have to say this is one of the best jobs I have ever had. I have some amazing MCS and Managers. They truly care about you and your family. I have never worked in Home Health before and I have to say I find my job very rewarding. To know that we are making sure that people have the best of the best Nurses, PT, OT, ST and HHA in the business is amazing. I can say it is an honor to get to work here at CHI. I thank God daily for my job.
Pros
Great Hours, Managers, Team Members
Cons
I dont have any at this time
Great Place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  ArkansasJuly 16, 2018
CHI Health at Home is committed as an organization; from the CEO to local leadership to make it THE employer of choice. They had an employee engagement survey in 2016 and one of the negative feedback points from associates was that there wasn't any opportunity for advancement. The response was that the organization created an advanced case management position! Another issue was that employees didn't feel as if they were informed of the company's direction. The response was that the CEO and COO did a town hall in every branch in 2017.
This organization listens to its employees and makes strategic moves to connect with staff. Plus, the benefits are outstanding!
Pros
benefits, CEO/COO/Regional VPs who care, local leaders who want staff to have a great work environment
Cons
home health is hard work...but aren't all health care jobs
The worst homecare agency ever!!
Dayton RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 13, 2018
This job was for Dayton RN case manager, when I got hired they had me working in 6 counties in ohio. Travel is excessive. On call is excessive. Pay is sub par. Taking this job was a waste of time. dont do it.
Pros
Paid hoildays
Cons
Terrible insurance, terrible management, excessive travel, low pay, a week straight of oncall.
Your going nowhere
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJune 29, 2018
>>This review is for Columbus Connection which apart of CHI. Good pay. No advancement opportunities. Horrible staffing level which leads to increased workloads. Dispatchers are trained on the job and often do not know how to identify an emergency situation if one hit them in the face. Most dispatchers are clueless on how to work as a team with the road crew members and will make you late for runs by dispatching you even before you clear a run. Mobile ICU is abused by management and dispatch; meanwhile critical runs are lost. They continue to hire low caliber individuals who drop patients or wreck trucks. Connection used to have it together but it is a train wreck that needs new management ASAP!
Pros
Free bottles of water from management on busy days...lmao
Cons
Low morale, No advancement, Low staffing
Very poor management, stressful environment!
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 22, 2018
Orientation was awesome, got trained well. But once on your own, it was immediate overload. Tons of on call, not many after hours calls but a lot of scheduled visits on weekends. Expectations to help other branches over an hour away as well. High turn over rate, including management.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short staffed, poor management, unreasonable expectations
After purchased by CHI
nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 3, 2018
Its; all about making money. More sales people than nurses to do the care. Sad. Had 6 sales staff and 5 nurses. Seeing people at night to get visits in. Lost benefits and jobs
Pros
none anymore
Cons
money is priority over patient care
Amongst the worst in the region!
Field Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 17, 2018
Very excessive travel. Unrealistic expectations. Poorly Managed. Patients consistently neglected and Doctors orders changed by Management without Dr knowledge. No supplies available. Understaffed. On call approx 15 days per month. Terrible place to work.
Pros
Lovely Patients to work with
Cons
Everything else
An amazing place to work!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 6, 2018
The new management has changed the culture, it is a inviting place to work! This mission focused agency is committed to providing the best quality and comprehensive Home Health and Hospice care to the community in a way that a caring family provides.
productive and fun
Financial intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milford, OH 45150April 5, 2018
work at your own pace
everyone friendly and tries to make the day fun
on and off the phone through the day
slow paced and sometimes not have enough work
Great Opportunities in Home Care and Hospice
Rn Project Manager III (Current Employee) –  Milford, OHFebruary 19, 2018
I currently have the opportunity to work from home and make a difference in the education of nurses in the Home Care and Hospice field. By improving the lives of our staff, our patients will reap the benefits of excellent Home Care and Hospice Care. I have enjoyed working as a Manager and Director of Clinical services and as Project Manager have had the opportunity to mentor many staff members through the integration process of the company.
Don't work here
HR (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHJanuary 12, 2018
Branches are fine but do not work for the corp office. Not a good environment, HR does not care about people, does not listen to employee needs, will
Medical serviecs provided
Professional office support (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 10, 2018
The company was awesome to hire me as a temp after working 9 months. I loved working with patients, there is not enough opportunity for growth. I am ready to work with a company that gives freedom and opportunity to expand learn and grow within.
relaxed environment
Government Team Leader- Revenue Cycle (Current Employee) –  Milford, OHJanuary 9, 2018
Ever changing medical billing environment. great staff and management great opportunity must have experience. I'm responsible for over 19 associates I have a set job description but I also have to learn and understand each of the associates roles to assist when needed. I actually have 20 roles that I maintain daily while attending meetings and performing quality audits for performance and processing accounts
Horribly managed
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYDecember 13, 2017
Worst place I ever worked for!!! Stay away!!!! Terribly managed! Work you to death. Send you to unsafe locations alone like hotels. You are never off. You work a full day and then you go on call alnight.
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHI Health at Home. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about