CHI Health Employee Reviews

2 years at CHI
REGISTERED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 13, 2018
Here as CHI it can get difficult. In my department there was a time where everyone was out and it was only two MA's here on a constant basis. There is obvious favortism. I tried to get a raise but in order to do that I would need to apply somewhere else and get an offer letter and give it to my manager to give to HR and that still does not gaurantee a raise. We do get raises annually but its literally like 1.8% increase.
High stress
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 8, 2018
Its rewarding to see advancements of my patients. Sadly, staffing for all areas of a Level 1 trauma center. Poor staffing and the poor higher management make for low productivity. I strive for my patients safety ajd health. The poor staffing impacts how I am able to care for them..... This also impacts productivity and ensure a low rating with evaluation as the patient satisfaction scores are exceptionally low.....
Pros
Exceptional coworkers
Cons
Not time for lunch. Poor staffimg
Good Company but Grossly understaffed
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NE 68131November 23, 2017
Current employee at a locked and secured adult in -patient psychiatric facility with very dangerous, assaultive, and unpredictable patients who have committed felony assaults on staff members due to lack of security staffing. Management says the staffing from CHI is based on square footage how ridiculous is that. Where I work is the smallest in the area so they have cut or refuse to give us more staff in a very dangerous, hostile, and not safe environment. Overall it is a good company with decent benefits if you get into a regular hospital.
Pros
Decent Benefits, Paid time off
Cons
Grossly Understaffed for what we are asked to do
A good job
Switchboard/Main ACC Clerk (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NEApril 12, 2018
A good job. Decent pay and benefits. Needs to be more flexible and offer more in this time and place. Can be difficult to get time off. Can be demanding.
Used to be a great place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NENovember 26, 2018
Co-workers usually pretty good to work with. The upper management with expanding CHI health and taking over Algent facilities in NE was big mistake. Contracting out different companies and employees having to apply for those companies and some even losing their jobs after being employed for year.
Patient relationships
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Papillion, NEJuly 24, 2018
CHI is a very caring organization helping patients deal with whatever is going on in their lives; both good and bad. The staff at Midlands Hospital are all the same; focused on giving the best care to ALL; whether a hug, kind word, pat on the back, prayer, or tears are necessary. Many times at end of shift, I want to stay just a little longer, to see a person through the difficulty there are experiencing, or to help find an answer. Many times, My heart breaks for them; many times I have been joyful with them. We worked for community efforts; collecting diapers, school supplies, holiday gifts and helping those in need.
Death is more easy to accept, knowing that we caregivers have given our "all".
Pros
Relationships, good outcomes celebrated
Cons
Losses and Broken hearts
Productive place to work. Orientation to new roles could be better.
Director (Former Employee) –  Omaha Regency, NEDecember 2, 2017
They expect a lot from employees and especially directors. You are required to do more with less without compromising results. They appear quick to terminate when there could be more retention if managers would/ could engage staff more to find cause for low perforners. Family life will take a hit because you will work late to get it all done.
Pros
Salary, coworkers, paid time off
Cons
Short staffed, some short sighted leaders
Equates to working for Lucifer in the 7th realm of Dante's Inferno
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NENovember 27, 2018
I'd rather shave my dog's butt and teach him to walk backwards than see any of my former superiors again. They employ a bunch of yes-men who have no regard for their employees well-being or the patient's health, only to serve the rich and keep their pockets lined.
Employee are caring
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEOctober 1, 2018
Wasn’t impressed had some nurses that would help and others wouldn’t Also nurses don’t like to answer the call lights I enjoyed working in the skilled care they are very nice and helping they are a team
Always growing and learning
Cardiac Heart Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 28, 2018
Good people to work with, and supervisors. They value the employee and flexible in your situation (family demands, school). I would refer anyone to CHI
Where everyone is treated like family
Clinic RN (Current Employee) –  Nebraska City, NEMay 9, 2018
CHI St. Mary's is a great place to work!! When I decided to transition to a clinic RN I fully expected to take a pay cut, but to my surprise I actually make more then I did at my previous job. The management, providers, and support staff work well together and it truly is a work "family." I could not ask for a more supportive work environment!
Pros
Very encouraging work environment
Cons
AWFUL MANAGEMENT...if you don’t like drama stay away!!!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Nebraska Heart InstututeApril 25, 2018
The doctors in this office are Amazing and Great to work for! I did like the work I did and of course working with the doctors! Their are a few coworkers that love to stir up drama and it veils the management’s fire. It’s great place to work for learning and expanding your skills, but others than that the management will eat you alive!
Pros
Doctors and Great Learning Environment
Cons
Management and Drama
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEJuly 14, 2018
For most part good place to work but mandatory overtime and a lot of turn around of nursing staff especially nurses they are like family and it is family oriented
Pros
Discount lunches
Fast-paced work environment that depends on positive team effort
Medical Assistant/Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 12, 2014
Very fast-paced with many responsibilities. Answering patients calls and requests while navigating multiple systems and printed resources for accuracy. Filing, faxing, and retrieving patient information and care instructions. Many referrals to outside facilities, providing admission orders, and scheduling follow-up appointments as required. Teamwork is a must and is often not available when short staffed, which can be stressful. Very family oriented environment among staff members involved in patient care. Leadership must be demonstrated at all times for problem solving and scheduling conflicts. Healthcare is forever changing and with that work-loads increase which can make work stressful. Self-care must be enforced in order to perform accurately.
Pros
excellent health benefits
Cons
not always staffed accordingly
Career changing company
Licensed Practical Nurse/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 14, 2014
I moved to the Omaha area from Florida because this company promised me the world and when I got here they did not deliver. They are constantly buying and selling out and the benefits are getting worst and worst. Nursing staff is treat like a "dime a dozen". There is no sense of training, no feeling of job security, and no leadership. People who run the show have no sense of patient care.
Pros
Great place for patient hands on experience.
Cons
Lower pay, lousy benefits. No job safety or security
About the bottom line
PCA (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEMay 16, 2015
Managements hands are tied by CHI for staffing, raises, workload (matrix), etc. this impacts patient satisfaction and patient safety. Many people enjoy the positions they have, but morale has taken a huge hit.
Pros
Starting wage, good healthcare experience
Cons
Employee opinion is not really considered, goals set are almost unattainable, insurance/government driven because of law changes, the co-worker unity is diminishing
Poor management
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 26, 2018
Great place to work and amazing staff st Nebraska Heart Institute and Hospital. Very poor management In The cardiology clinic. No communication and rude treatment of staff.
Example of Teamwork
Radiographic Technologist/ 2nd shift, weekends (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NebraskaJanuary 5, 2012
St. Francis is an incredible place to work. The staff provide excellent, compassionate and accurate care to all patients. St. Francis has a strong community presence, and provides services to the community such as carseat checks, health fairs and many health educations opportunities.
Pros
supportive co-workers, excellent benefits, approachable management.
staff and culture issues
Environmental Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 13, 2018
staff is a issues in just about every department, and the culture can be challenging at times especially with staff from different faculties. management is needing a restructure.
Great stewardship.
DIRECTOR OF ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 11, 2018
It's through their core values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion, and Excellence that help support the mission of Catholic Health Initiatives and CHI Health.