CHI Health Employee Reviews

High stress
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 8, 2018
Its rewarding to see advancements of my patients. Sadly, staffing for all areas of a Level 1 trauma center. Poor staffing and the poor higher management make for low productivity. I strive for my patients safety ajd health. The poor staffing impacts how I am able to care for them..... This also impacts productivity and ensure a low rating with evaluation as the patient satisfaction scores are exceptionally low.....
Pros
Exceptional coworkers
Cons
Not time for lunch. Poor staffimg
Patient relationships
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Papillion, NEJuly 24, 2018
CHI is a very caring organization helping patients deal with whatever is going on in their lives; both good and bad. The staff at Midlands Hospital are all the same; focused on giving the best care to ALL; whether a hug, kind word, pat on the back, prayer, or tears are necessary. Many times at end of shift, I want to stay just a little longer, to see a person through the difficulty there are experiencing, or to help find an answer. Many times, My heart breaks for them; many times I have been joyful with them. We worked for community efforts; collecting diapers, school supplies, holiday gifts and helping those in need.
Death is more easy to accept, knowing that we caregivers have given our "all".
Pros
Relationships, good outcomes celebrated
Cons
Losses and Broken hearts
2 years at CHI
REGISTERED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 13, 2018
Here as CHI it can get difficult. In my department there was a time where everyone was out and it was only two MA's here on a constant basis. There is obvious favortism. I tried to get a raise but in order to do that I would need to apply somewhere else and get an offer letter and give it to my manager to give to HR and that still does not gaurantee a raise. We do get raises annually but its literally like 1.8% increase.
Low pay, poor management
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHJune 18, 2018
No room for advancement, management is poor, hr does not listen, executives are only worried about their own pay and bonuses, employees are treated as replaceable
Pros
Cons
Several
Great stewardship.
DIRECTOR OF ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 11, 2018
It's through their core values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion, and Excellence that help support the mission of Catholic Health Initiatives and CHI Health.
Where everyone is treated like family
Clinic RN (Current Employee) –  Nebraska City, NEMay 9, 2018
CHI St. Mary's is a great place to work!! When I decided to transition to a clinic RN I fully expected to take a pay cut, but to my surprise I actually make more then I did at my previous job. The management, providers, and support staff work well together and it truly is a work "family." I could not ask for a more supportive work environment!
Pros
Very encouraging work environment
Poor management
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 26, 2018
Great place to work and amazing staff st Nebraska Heart Institute and Hospital. Very poor management In The cardiology clinic. No communication and rude treatment of staff.
AWFUL MANAGEMENT...if you don’t like drama stay away!!!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Nebraska Heart InstututeApril 25, 2018
The doctors in this office are Amazing and Great to work for! I did like the work I did and of course working with the doctors! Their are a few coworkers that love to stir up drama and it veils the management’s fire. It’s great place to work for learning and expanding your skills, but others than that the management will eat you alive!
Pros
Doctors and Great Learning Environment
Cons
Management and Drama
Proud of hospital culture, not the overall company
Development Officer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 18, 2018
Employees are very proud of their hospital but upset about being a part of the CHI Health system. As the company grows and merges with Dignity Health, I imagine that more and more people will lose interest in working for such a large company.
Strong MGMT and Collaborative Work Environment
Office Support Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 18, 2018
CHI in my experience in Nebraska & Tennessee had strong MGMT and a team that was extremely collaborative. They strive to promote from within and give you the tools to grow and succeed.

Both offices were great places to work!
Do not work for CHI
Clinic RN Lead (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 8, 2018
Horrible horrible place to work! Zero employee accountability, very poor management and basically no new employee orientation. Just a big corporation that doesn’t care about their employees.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything else
I enjoyed my time with CHI.
Population Health Coach (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 7, 2018
Very supportive environment. I completed my MSN and am currently looking for employment within and outside of CHI. I would recommend CHI to other professional nurses.
Discraceful management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDMarch 21, 2018
I would never recommend even applying for a position with this company. Out of 4 new hires not one lasted more than 2 months. Not one manager would step up to help out, but would be sure to point out when things couldn't get done.
Challenging
Financial Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 20, 2018
Opportunities for learning and growth; with exposure to budgeting and reporting. Definitely, need solid experience in order to be able to work effectively.
Pros
Lots of opportunity to learn
Cons
Budget season stressful
staff and culture issues
Environmental Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 13, 2018
staff is a issues in just about every department, and the culture can be challenging at times especially with staff from different faculties. management is needing a restructure.
Faith Based Conglomorate
CLINICAL EDUCATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Kearney, NEMarch 10, 2018
While this organization is faith based, the bottom line has been a main concern during my tenure. Job satisfaction for many areas are at all time lows.
Favoritism at its best
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHFebruary 21, 2018
The management sucked. Made friends with certain coworkers on the night call center shift and let some coworkers get away with alot, including clocking out early and not being on the phones to accept urgent calls when they should have been. I'm very outspoken and complained and it did nothing. They saw me as a threat. I finally quit and emailed HR and the CEO.
Worst company EVER
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 19, 2018
leaving this company was the best decision of my entire life. I've never seen management so dismissive of their employees and HR so dismissive of complaints. Also never received the exit interview I requested twice.
Pros
Easy to quit
Cons
Short staffed, forced overtime, low pay
Great Place to Work
CSS/CMA (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJanuary 11, 2018
Great friendly people. Rewarding to help people. Great hours. Efficient training. The job does get stressful but it's all worth the pay benefits and environment.
Whatever it takes
Billing Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 2, 2018
It was "on the job training" with no training materials, when it comes to payers or denials. One-on-ones every month, with the supervisor with the same question: "Do you have all the tools to do your job?" Regardless if you didn't have the tools, nothing changed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHI Health. Our community is ready to answer.