CHI Health Employee Reviews

Where everyone is treated like family
Clinic RN (Current Employee) –  Nebraska City, NEMay 9, 2018
CHI St. Mary's is a great place to work!! When I decided to transition to a clinic RN I fully expected to take a pay cut, but to my surprise I actually make more then I did at my previous job. The management, providers, and support staff work well together and it truly is a work "family." I could not ask for a more supportive work environment!
Pros
Very encouraging work environment
Poor management
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 26, 2018
Great place to work and amazing staff st Nebraska Heart Institute and Hospital. Very poor management In The cardiology clinic. No communication and rude treatment of staff.
AWFUL MANAGEMENT...if you don’t like drama stay away!!!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Nebraska Heart InstututeApril 25, 2018
The doctors in this office are Amazing and Great to work for! I did like the work I did and of course working with the doctors! Their are a few coworkers that love to stir up drama and it veils the management’s fire. It’s great place to work for learning and expanding your skills, but others than that the management will eat you alive!
Pros
Doctors and Great Learning Environment
Cons
Management and Drama
Strong MGMT and Collaborative Work Environment
Office Support Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 18, 2018
CHI in my experience in Nebraska & Tennessee had strong MGMT and a team that was extremely collaborative. They strive to promote from within and give you the tools to grow and succeed.

Both offices were great places to work!
Do not work for CHI
Clinic RN Lead (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 8, 2018
Horrible horrible place to work! Zero employee accountability, very poor management and basically no new employee orientation. Just a big corporation that doesn’t care about their employees.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything else
I enjoyed my time with CHI.
Population Health Coach (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 7, 2018
Very supportive environment. I completed my MSN and am currently looking for employment within and outside of CHI. I would recommend CHI to other professional nurses.
Discraceful management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDMarch 21, 2018
I would never recommend even applying for a position with this company. Out of 4 new hires not one lasted more than 2 months. Not one manager would step up to help out, but would be sure to point out when things couldn't get done.
Challenging
Financial Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 20, 2018
Opportunities for learning and growth; with exposure to budgeting and reporting. Definitely, need solid experience in order to be able to work effectively.
Pros
Lots of opportunity to learn
Cons
Budget season stressful
staff and culture issues
Environmental Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 13, 2018
staff is a issues in just about every department, and the culture can be challenging at times especially with staff from different faculties. management is needing a restructure.
Faith Based Conglomorate
CLINICAL EDUCATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Kearney, NEMarch 10, 2018
While this organization is faith based, the bottom line has been a main concern during my tenure. Job satisfaction for many areas are at all time lows.
Favoritism at its best
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHFebruary 21, 2018
The management sucked. Made friends with certain coworkers on the night call center shift and let some coworkers get away with alot, including clocking out early and not being on the phones to accept urgent calls when they should have been. I'm very outspoken and complained and it did nothing. They saw me as a threat. I finally quit and emailed HR and the CEO.
Worst company EVER
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 19, 2018
leaving this company was the best decision of my entire life. I've never seen management so dismissive of their employees and HR so dismissive of complaints. Also never received the exit interview I requested twice.
Pros
Easy to quit
Cons
Short staffed, forced overtime, low pay
Great Place to Work
CSS/CMA (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJanuary 11, 2018
Great friendly people. Rewarding to help people. Great hours. Efficient training. The job does get stressful but it's all worth the pay benefits and environment.
Whatever it takes
Billing Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 2, 2018
It was "on the job training" with no training materials, when it comes to payers or denials. One-on-ones every month, with the supervisor with the same question: "Do you have all the tools to do your job?" Regardless if you didn't have the tools, nothing changed.
Productive place to work. Orientation to new roles could be better.
Director (Former Employee) –  Omaha Regency, NEDecember 2, 2017
They expect a lot from employees and especially directors. You are required to do more with less without compromising results. They appear quick to terminate when there could be more retention if managers would/ could engage staff more to find cause for low perforners. Family life will take a hit because you will work late to get it all done.
Pros
Salary, coworkers, paid time off
Cons
Short staffed, some short sighted leaders
Good Company but Grossly understaffed
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NE 68131November 23, 2017
Current employee at a locked and secured adult in -patient psychiatric facility with very dangerous, assaultive, and unpredictable patients who have committed felony assaults on staff members due to lack of security staffing. Management says the staffing from CHI is based on square footage how ridiculous is that. Where I work is the smallest in the area so they have cut or refuse to give us more staff in a very dangerous, hostile, and not safe environment. Overall it is a good company with decent benefits if you get into a regular hospital.
Pros
Decent Benefits, Paid time off
Cons
Grossly Understaffed for what we are asked to do
Fast Paced
Staff nurse/trauma nurse /triage nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 25, 2017
Many challenges and very faced paced. Team environment provides nurses with the ability to grow and progress within their chosen field. Very hands-on learning.
Challenged for success
Division Director (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 21, 2017
Great working environment, Challenged to stay up with changes in healthcare. Opportunities to grow and be challenged to improve. Focused on quality, patient, physician and staff experience.
Starter position
Appointment Liaison (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 13, 2017
I worked as a receptionist and a secret shopper. I always asked for more work so I was constantly busy. In almost 3 years I don't feel there was room to grow as I was told in my interview. I took more on and never got compensated. If you are in the medical field or are working towards a degree in the medical field it would be a great "foot in the door" place OR if you already have a degree in the medical field.
Pros
they try to balance work/family life
Cons
without a degree it's hard to advance
Work with Little
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 7, 2017
CHI Health expects you to do the most amount of work possible with the littlest amount of staff. They are only interested in money and top pay for executives.
Pros
I get a paycheck every other week
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHI Health. Our community is ready to answer.