CHI St. Luke’s Health Employee Reviews

Supportive managers
patient care/ unit coordinator (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 14, 2018
Managers are very supportive to their employees. St. Luke's CHI Lakeside is the best company to work in Healthcare. Honest Leadership, provides flexible growth for employees, culture collaboration, and most of all open communication with honest feedback from our employer.
Culture is Very Cliquey and cut throat, training is horrible
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Neurosurgery/ NeurologyAugust 28, 2018
I was told I would be trained, but I wasn't. I was let go because of my skills not meeting requirements. I see now it was a blessing in disguise; horrible place to work. Nurses are cut throat and unfriendly. I can see why they always have job openings.
Pros
incredible pay for extra shifts
Cons
older nurses with seniority sabotage assignment, management does not get involved
The work environment is good
Radiology - Systems Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2018
A good company to work for but the moral and atmosphere changed after it was initially sold. It's being ran like a corporate business than a hospital. Departmental managers are caring, understanding and easy to communicate with.
Pros
Pto, medical/dental benefits, 401K
Cons
The hospital being sold multiple times, possible layoffs always present
Horrible place to work
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2018
CHI has ruined this company. The management that took overSt Luke’s are in way over their head. There is hardly any upward mobility and the tiny merit increases are laughable.
Pros
Cons
Executive leadership
Go somewhere else!!
Float Pool RN/PRN (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 31, 2018
The ICU has HORRIBLE management and very POOR staff retention rates. They are very punitive in that unit, they will write you up for anything, they also enjoy auditing charts. They are also not very welcoming to new employees and they typically function in cliques.
Fun place to work
Preadmission Nurse/Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 27, 2018
Work place balance is excellent. Administration is very supportive of staff . There is work life balance. Some days are busy but most times you have a good day.
Do not work in the kingwood location
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJune 17, 2018
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. One of the dr’s talks bad about nurses to the patients which makes them think it is ok to talk down to the nurses as well and when the patients do yell or talk down to the staff nothing is said to the patients because “they’re always right” Turn over date is ridiculously high, no respect for the employees from management, HR doesn’t answer any questions or concerns that are voiced. I was there for over a year and never got offered a raise and there are people that have been there for 5+ years and have still not received raise. This company is awful to the employees. Run far if you’re offered a job at kingwood.
Pros
Can’t think of any
Cons
Pay, hours, management
Not Satisfied at CHI
Epic Certified Cadence Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2018
The service they provide to there former employee that was laid off
After reapplying and reaching out to the hiring manager they say I'm not qualified
High turnover and bad management
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJune 3, 2018
If it is the kingwood office runnnn do not apply worst management system ever and too much favoritism going on. Chi needs to do something about the high turnover rate I ran for the woods..
Pros
Short Wednesday’s
Cons
New change in ownership and new policies.
Property Manager - Real Estate/Property Mgt. Dept (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2018
Good team members to work with and facilities where excellent. Good leadership from higher ups. Engineering department was excellent as well as the support staff. Long days but not to stressfull
Amazing people
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXApril 27, 2018
This company is a great company to work for. You will always feel welcome and supported. They work with your hours and you are given plenty of time off to focus on family and other things. You get great benefits and opportunities for advancement.
Strong Culture that has declined since 2013
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2018
More Work to be done within this organization. Managers, Directors, and Executives need consistent leadership development. They must learn to not react but become proactive. Seek data to support decisions, and not make decision based on emotions or opinions. Research concerns and not base their actions on what one person says without investigating. This organization taught me what not to do.
Pros
Great Benefits, Strong Faith Base
Cons
Poor Communication, No Collaboration, Poor Senior Leadership, Lack of Support
untruthful liers
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXApril 11, 2018
they are horrible high infection rate and no good upper management all the sterile processing department employees are lie and don't have a clue to what they are doing. i would not send my dog to have surgery at this infectious place
Pros
Cons
everyonethere
Exceptional work place environment
Guest Relations Welcome Desk (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXApril 5, 2018
The hospital is a very friendly and welcoming place. The staff are very professional and compassionate. The organization's greatest asset is the quality of the staff who perform in a very professional manner.
New employee training is the worst ever
Patient Access Prn (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TxMarch 12, 2018
I started working as Patient Access 1....in the Emergency Room..they didn't do any classroom training at all....they sat me there next to a working patient access employee and expected me to learn everything by watching her while she was veerrrrry busy and basically had no time to do any hands on. No training manuals....after 5 days of so called training (watching people work) the manager expected me to know all the systems plus make calls for Drs and nurses and do other things not in my job description. If you want a job where they basically just throw you to the dogs and you learn on your own and the manager gets upset and talks about you behind your back when you ask for more training ......this is the job for you. The pay is great but the way I was made to feel while in so called training was terrible. Not worth the pay.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Worst training ever
High employee turnover
N/a (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXFebruary 19, 2018
This location is horrible. It’s an unsafe environment. Management verbally disrespects their staff. Patients witness this all the time. High staff turnover due to employees voluntarily leaving the company. No growth. Very low pay with more work. Lack of trust. Under staffed. Highly Stressful. Questionable activity that somehow CHI is overlooking. Other than that the staff is great but poor management.
Pros
Great staff, fast pace
Cons
No breaks, Issue with overtime, poor management, Lack of trust, Low pay, No security
Great
PCA/Secretary in ICU (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2018
Love working with the Chi Organization, there is always room for improvement but they are working on these improvements daily. I have grown leaps and bounds and have been given many opportunities.
Pros
Great leadership, improvements in motion
Cons
Short Staff, high turn over
Positive Environment to Work
Buyer/Procurement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sugarland, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Sugarland has its ups and downs but some of the people at this location are truly kind and caring. I like working with my co-workers. They are basically my second family. I enjoy all aspects of my job. There are plenty of opportunities to grow and learn. I like the fact that I can work independently on my tasks with little to no supervisions.
Pros
Paid time off, benefits, flexiblity
Cons
Management, poor communication
This company is a great stepping stone.
CARDIAC MONITOR TECH (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 11, 2018
For people interested in owning skills and learning to become better healthcare employees, this job is a great opportunity. You coworkers are there to support each other and the learn to be better healthcare professionals.
Pros
Learning opportunities, great work staff
Cons
Staffing the hospital seems challenging.
Awesome Leaders
LVN Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXDecember 29, 2017
Great place to work in my opinion. The level of dedication required to complete the mission of a not for profit faith faith based organization is significant. They are leaders in every aspect of health care within the community and strive to maintain excellence.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHI St. Luke’s Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight