CHI St. Luke’s Health Employee Reviews

Do not work in the kingwood location
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJune 17, 2018
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. One of the dr’s talks bad about nurses to the patients which makes them think it is ok to talk down to the nurses as well and when the patients do yell or talk down to the staff nothing is said to the patients because “they’re always right” Turn over date is ridiculously high, no respect for the employees from management, HR doesn’t answer any questions or concerns that are voiced. I was there for over a year and never got offered a raise and there are people that have been there for 5+ years and have still not received raise. This company is awful to the employees. Run far if you’re offered a job at kingwood.
Pros
Can’t think of any
Cons
Pay, hours, management
Poor management. Undesirable.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 29, 2018
Bosses play "favorites." Some bosses very unprofessional themselves. Poor communication from management regarding issues like expectations within certain time frame.Staff and management at odds and disagreeing. Poor morale.
Pros
Benefits good
Cons
Short breaks
The work environment is good
Radiology - Systems Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2018
A good company to work for but the moral and atmosphere changed after it was initially sold. It's being ran like a corporate business than a hospital. Departmental managers are caring, understanding and easy to communicate with.
Pros
Pto, medical/dental benefits, 401K
Cons
The hospital being sold multiple times, possible layoffs always present
Strong Culture that has declined since 2013
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2018
More Work to be done within this organization. Managers, Directors, and Executives need consistent leadership development. They must learn to not react but become proactive. Seek data to support decisions, and not make decision based on emotions or opinions. Research concerns and not base their actions on what one person says without investigating. This organization taught me what not to do.
Pros
Great Benefits, Strong Faith Base
Cons
Poor Communication, No Collaboration, Poor Senior Leadership, Lack of Support
Amazing people
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXApril 27, 2018
This company is a great company to work for. You will always feel welcome and supported. They work with your hours and you are given plenty of time off to focus on family and other things. You get great benefits and opportunities for advancement.
If I could give a negative number, I WOULD
Employee (Current) (Current Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXNovember 7, 2018
Poor training, cliques and management does not get involved when employees are not working at all or are doing things (that WILL hurt a patient)...Why? Because they are understaffed, lazy and apathetic. Nurses incorrectly label specimens with OTHER PATIENT NAMES and tests run incorrectly. Nurses are cutthroat, don't take responsibility, play the blame-game and avoid any 'real' work. If you take anything from this review, take this: DO NOT GO TO CHI IN LAKE JACKSON AS A PATIENT OR AN EMPLOYEE.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Favorite game, lazy employees and awful attitudes.
Positive Environment to Work
Buyer/Procurement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sugarland, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Sugarland has its ups and downs but some of the people at this location are truly kind and caring. I like working with my co-workers. They are basically my second family. I enjoy all aspects of my job. There are plenty of opportunities to grow and learn. I like the fact that I can work independently on my tasks with little to no supervisions.
Pros
Paid time off, benefits, flexiblity
Cons
Management, poor communication
Computer Operator/Support Tech
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 5, 2018
Monitored difference computer applications.
Communicated and assisted with users.
Programmer/analyst.
Excelled in multitasking.
Workplace culture- casual
Hardest part of job - Working when computer system failed/
Communicating efficiently with end users.
Most enjoyable - Working with coworkers/ majority of end users (flexible hours)
Pros
Flexible hours, working 3rd shift
Culture is Very Cliquey and cut throat, training is horrible
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Neurosurgery/ NeurologyAugust 28, 2018
I was told I would be trained, but I wasn't. I was let go because of my skills not meeting requirements. I see now it was a blessing in disguise; horrible place to work. Nurses are cut throat and unfriendly. I can see why they always have job openings.
Pros
incredible pay for extra shifts
Cons
older nurses with seniority sabotage assignment, management does not get involved
Excellent Collaboration of Disciplines
Registered Nurse/Assistant Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2017
Very fast-paced, high acuity patient's. Positive team work et better communication between physician's et nursing than any previous nursing experience. All hospital settings struggle with staffing issues et shortages, however, CHI tries to cover these shortages quickly et efficiently. Nurses have exceptional clinical skills.
Pros
Wages; Benefits; Team Work; Exceptional Nurses
Cons
High Acuity; Staffing Shortages
Family environment buckling under financial issues
Sr. Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2018
Financially strapped, the decision was finally made to outsource most of IT. Some co-workers being laid off after 35 years of service and only getting 12 weeks severance.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Too lean with resources, too heavy with management.
Supportive managers
patient care/ unit coordinator (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 14, 2018
Managers are very supportive to their employees. St. Luke's CHI Lakeside is the best company to work in Healthcare. Honest Leadership, provides flexible growth for employees, culture collaboration, and most of all open communication with honest feedback from our employer.
Fun place to work
Preadmission Nurse/Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 27, 2018
Work place balance is excellent. Administration is very supportive of staff . There is work life balance. Some days are busy but most times you have a good day.
What can I say
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXJune 12, 2017
What can I say about my experience at CHI Brazosport, People dont quit jobs they quit managers and management. In the short time that CHI has taken over the only good thing to have come from it was the minimal pay raise. They have brought and added more stress to the work place than ever before. Calling off full time employees to meet their supposed numbers to maximize their profits. I Love the team and crew I work with but the atmosphere CHI has brought is at best compared to acid rain on moral.
Pros
My awesome crew that I have the priviliege to work with and learn from
Cons
Management, mangers, strictly profit driven care
Fun to work for
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 11, 2019
Great place to work, friendly co-workers. Only hard part of the job was getting all your rooms and areas done before the end of you shift. That includes rooms that patient rooms that are being discharged.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
To many rooms to clean for one person
Go somewhere else!!
Float Pool RN/PRN (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 31, 2018
The ICU has HORRIBLE management and very POOR staff retention rates. They are very punitive in that unit, they will write you up for anything, they also enjoy auditing charts. They are also not very welcoming to new employees and they typically function in cliques.
Terrible company
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2018
I DO NOT recommend this organization to anyone, be it persons seeking employment or medical care. Since the merge with CHI, this company has gone to the wasteland. Trust me, you don't want to work there.
Horrible place to work
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2018
CHI has ruined this company. The management that took overSt Luke’s are in way over their head. There is hardly any upward mobility and the tiny merit increases are laughable.
Pros
Cons
Executive leadership
Hard for a new grad
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 8, 2018
It was difficult to fit into my dept due to high turnover. Staff is sometimes not friendly so making it a learning environment is difficult. I am hoping to change departments
Poor management
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Management does not see employees needs and desires for advancement,etc. Department is continuously understaffed and full time employees are required to work more than 40 hours per week.
Benefits
Cons
Understaffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHI St. Luke’s Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight