Chicago Behavioral Hospital-Des Plaines, IL.

Chicago Behavioral Hospital-Des Plaines, IL. Employee Reviews

2.7Pay & Benefits
Assists with patient seclusion, monitors and documents observations.
Mental Health Clinician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2018
Participates in individual or group therapeutic activities; observes and documents patient’s response to activities.
Develops and maintains therapeutic relationship with patients and their familie
Terrible Work Experiance
RN (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILSeptember 18, 2017
There was a lack of management, professionalism, and leadership. CBH is a money making machine that does not care for it's employees. It was has been a terrible place to work.
Pros
pay
Cons
gossip, drama, lack of leadership, lack of direction, incompetent management, and a lot of finger pointing
Rn
RN (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMay 18, 2017
Worked at this facility for a short time. Orientation was very poor. Management was also poor. Facility was dirty. Had windows so dirty you couldn't even see out of them. Had to call for toilets and floors to be cleaned my first day of working there. Gave an unbelievable amount of patients to there nurses. Liked some of the staff members like Mallory who was very good. One nurse named Lynn was very cold and dismissed patients concerns. She riled pts up and some of them acted out violently. She was not supportive to staff either. She did not care about the patients.New orientees got fed up fast. There Were very hard working nurses there. They did not get the appreciation they deserved. They were lacking supplies many times. It did seem to be a vibe of just making a profit. Some of the time management skills of the administrators were lacking. I ended up resigning but still think about the patients and some of those overworked nurses.
Friendly co workers but everyone is getting fired
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILApril 7, 2016
Owned by corporate who don't know health care. I day I was written up and three days later I was fired. Applied for unemployment and unemployment was told I quit. How do I fight that
SO SHORT STAFFED. CONSISTENTLY RACING. MAKE A MISTAKE AND YOU ARE FIRED.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
one mistake and you are out
terrible place to work
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILFebruary 19, 2016
Training is non-existent. Staff are not helpful. Management is terrible. They fire easily with no warning. The place is interested in money only and not quality care of the patients. I would not recommend this place to work or for treatment.
Pros
Cons
no support, set you up to fail.
No job security
mental health technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2015
The pay is great but the management is horrible, and there is absolutely no job security. No proper training. No room for mistakes or you will get fired. Politics. Arrogant managers.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chicago Behavioral Hospital-Des Plaines, IL.. Our community is ready to answer.

1.6