Chicago Behavioral Hospital-Des Plaines, IL.

Chicago Behavioral Hospital-Des Plaines, IL. Employee Reviews

Great Employer
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJanuary 11, 2019
I love my coworkers! Very patient focused. Waiting to give patients the help they need and the best experience. The new culture that was been developed is great.
Pros
401k plan, benefits, coworkers, manager
Cons
Take care of yourself too
Love cbh!
RN (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILDecember 28, 2018
I started at CBH 6 months ago. Everyone has been extremely helpful. Anytime I have any questions, someone is there to help. Management is very easy to talk to and is willing to listen to find the best solutions. Management is also open to ideas of improvement, always willing to try and see if something will work while advocating for our patients.
Pros
Management, pay, coworkers, job duties
The harderst part of the job
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJanuary 16, 2019
The hardest part of the job would have to be the poor upper management and not enough support from the higher ups in management. There times that the hospital was under staff when the census has high.
Great Place To Work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJanuary 7, 2019
Company vested in their employees. Nice orientation. Very well laid out. Covers all topics. Then you go to the floor for additional orientation before you are left on your own. People are very friendly. Patient population can be a challenge but then it is behavioral health.
Pros
Free Medical Insurance for nurses
Cons
Need better food options.
Director of Operations/Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJanuary 7, 2019
CBH has a build in cultural that is centered on the improvement of the lives of the patients who come to us for treatment. Every patient is treated in their own special way because each one has different problem that can be treated to bring them back into society.
Toxic work enviroment/Weak Leadership
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILOctober 7, 2017
The main problem with this hospital is that the top level management/leadership has no clue what they're doing and can't follow through on anything. This is a place where profits come first and patient/employee welfare and safety come third (no clue what even comes second). The only reason the place hasn't completely spiraled into chaos is that they do know how to turn a profit and they screen their patients/clients as to not get the worst of the worst from the Chicago area. Employee turn around is very high and that's not likely to change.
Pros
Pay used to be competitive (no longer is)
Cons
Everything else
Rn
RN (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMay 18, 2017
Worked at this facility for a short time. Orientation was very poor. Management was also poor. Facility was dirty. Had windows so dirty you couldn't even see out of them. Had to call for toilets and floors to be cleaned my first day of working there. Gave an unbelievable amount of patients to there nurses. Liked some of the staff members like Mallory who was very good. One nurse named Lynn was very cold and dismissed patients concerns. She riled pts up and some of them acted out violently. She was not supportive to staff either. She did not care about the patients.New orientees got fed up fast. There Were very hard working nurses there. They did not get the appreciation they deserved. They were lacking supplies many times. It did seem to be a vibe of just making a profit. Some of the time management skills of the administrators were lacking. I ended up resigning but still think about the patients and some of those overworked nurses.
Terrible Work Experiance
RN (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILSeptember 18, 2017
There was a lack of management, professionalism, and leadership. CBH is a money making machine that does not care for it's employees. It was has been a terrible place to work.
Pros
pay
Cons
gossip, drama, lack of leadership, lack of direction, incompetent management, and a lot of finger pointing
No job security
mental health technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2015
The pay is great but the management is horrible, and there is absolutely no job security. No proper training. No room for mistakes or you will get fired. Politics. Arrogant managers.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No job security
Friendly co workers but everyone is getting fired
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILApril 7, 2016
Owned by corporate who don't know health care. I day I was written up and three days later I was fired. Applied for unemployment and unemployment was told I quit. How do I fight that
SO SHORT STAFFED. CONSISTENTLY RACING. MAKE A MISTAKE AND YOU ARE FIRED.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
one mistake and you are out
terrible place to work
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILFebruary 19, 2016
Training is non-existent. Staff are not helpful. Management is terrible. They fire easily with no warning. The place is interested in money only and not quality care of the patients. I would not recommend this place to work or for treatment.
Pros
Cons
no support, set you up to fail.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chicago Behavioral Hospital-Des Plaines, IL.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7