Chicago Commons Association Employee Reviews

Chicago Commons Association
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2018
I needed a job, right away. I was hired and trained to assist the seniors in their program. I was assigned a client who had trouble keeping someone. I have no idea why because I am crazy about my client.
Pros
I can set my own hours.
Cons
You become attached and then they die.
highly demand work environment
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 12, 2017
great company to work for. typically day would be doing work orders and attending to the needs of the building from aspects. I'm learning everyday and growing with my peers.
Relaxing and work at your own discretion
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2017
I worked with numerous of elderly people in their homes and sometimes they don't live alone? There may be others in the home as well. And you service the client, but then either the client wants you to service their family or the family thinks you are suppose to service them? So I loved working there, for six years. But I got burned out from doing extra work for the clients, their family and or their pets. Cleaning I mean, to much work in one or two homes will wear you down.
Pros
You can relax after you've finished your work and only four hours per hours per homes.
Cons
Traveling can be to far. Working in a home with family and pets or even a bed ridden client.
Responsive to needs of Employees.
Caregiver for Disabled Mother (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 22, 2015
I began as an employee of Bethel New Life (a social service agency) providing in-home care for my disabled mother. Chicago Commons bought the home caregiver portion of Bethel New Life (a social service agency) and I became their employee. They showed great concern for employees and clients. There appeared to be a great rapport between management, employees and union. I recall employees being let off without penalty to journey to Springfield, IL to address the general assembly. I was granted sick leave without red tape to have surgery. They were fully aware that I was only there to be the primary caregiver for my mother and that once that was done I would terminate employment and return to Memphis, TN.
Family Engagement-Social Services- Early Education Zero- 14 years
Site Director (Current Employee) –  Monticello & ChicagoJuly 8, 2015
Chicago Commons has been a great place to work. I have enjoyed working for a dynamic organization that puts children and families first.
Pros
Interactions and relationship building with teacher/child & parents/Family. Excellent benefits, and two weeks off during winter/holiday break
Cons
Not much room for management growth.