Chicago International Charter School Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Physical Education Teacher / Assistant Dean (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2017
great working in environment always came to work willing to contribute to the team. it was open door policy, i was able to grow with in my teaching career
Pros
staff
Cons
short breaks
Productive workplace
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2017
Nice working environment. Staff is very helpful and productive. Children are willing and eager to learn. Security is provided for the children's safety.
Productive/busy
Human Resource/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  chicago ilApril 16, 2015
A typical day at cics is working with the kids all day to make sure they get everything they need in education. My coworkers and principal are the bomb.
Pros
good days off
Cons
more money is needed
Was a awesome place to work as a Physical education teacher.
Physical Education (Former Employee) –  Chicago IllinoisMarch 20, 2015
CICS was a great place to work I looked forward to going and getting to work early. I really enjoy and was very productive teaching basketball, aerobic, volleyball and weight room and track.

The school name is Chicago International Charter School Longwood Campus. My typical day was following my lesson plan there was not too much problem with management. Worker with my co-workers was great with the fact of learning from everyone. The hardest part of the day was when the class was over my student"s did not want to leave. The most enjoyable part of my job was the learning and the student's was having for I was having fun too.
Great school
School Clerk/Records Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IlFebruary 1, 2015
First impression are so important, that why every morning and through out the day I would keep a positive attitude, always greeting everyone with a positive,respectful nice way. Having great customer service skills has help me have control over any situation seeing how staying calm and positive has help me be able to make fast and good decisions in my work environment. Being a to multitask helps the job get done, between filling, faxing, coping, taking phone calls transferring and taking massages keeps me busy through out the day. One of the most important task of my day is making sure the attendance is taking and all students records are in order.
Pros
Students smiles and seeing them grow in a positive way in such a harsh community is gratifying
Cons
Not being able to get more parents volunteering to help their children and community
started off fun
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2014
started off a fun place to work but as Management changed and the new staff was brought in things went down hill real quick
Pros
co workers were fun to work with
Cons
nice benefits
A Typical Day
Student-Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 25, 2014
Being a high school graduate and working at the school that I graduate from had its pros and cons. Working that the school I learned who to not take certain things for granted. The hardest part of my job would have to be being the first one to get there and being the last one to leave. The reason why I say it was the hardest part was because i was very determine and I wanted what was best for me.
Fun place to work
First Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2013
A typical day is productive. Management and co-workers work well together. The most enjoyable part of this job was assistng children in the learning process.
Pros
work hours are great.
Take it one day at a time
NCLB and State Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 28, 2012
Over the years of working here, I have learned a lot by working with inner city youth through different roles. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to connect with the students and motivate them.
Fun place to be at!
Teacher s Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 27, 2012
Learn from the kids, everyday...happy children, very social families.
Very organized and creative teachers. It was fun all the time!!!
The most enjoyable part of the job was to play basketball with the boys!!
Education
Academy Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IlMay 11, 2012
Education has its challenges, however with strong leadership and high expecations, students can achieve.