Chicago Title Insurance Company Employee Reviews

If you're into escrow this is it
Director of First Impressions (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 2, 2019
It's probably the most stable organization within real estate. Alot of office politics and long hours drowning in paperwork. Must have exceptional tolerance and customer service to work here. Management was great.
no review
Escrow Officer (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 26, 2019
I would rather not review. Based on my experience in this particular office it was not a friendly work place. The manager brought her home life into the office. Would slam doors and stomp around and wasn't approachable.
great work environment, knowledgeable staff. accommodating management attitued
Escrow Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92117March 5, 2019
Overall, I did enjoy working at this company and would consider going back if the opportunity arose. Great people, culture and management.

Although the job is considered highly stressful, it was in line with my best attributes which made the job easy and at the end of the day, it felt as though you accomplished something worthwhile.
Pros
Dynamic staff
Cons
lack of economic consistency due to housing market
Comfortable place to work. Great management
Plant specialist (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 27, 2019
Enjoyed working here. Comfortable but yet, fast paced. Check for back files, verify applications, utilize Acris to verify applications. Order all exams, process all title orders. Keep log of all pending applications. Fill in for manager when not there. General title reoprts, proof reports distribute reports.
Pros
Great health insurance, great bonuses at the end of the year.
Great place to work!
Escrow Processor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 13, 2019
All of the managers really care about all of the employees. It's nice to go into a workplace where I know the people actually really care about each other, about their home life, and their health. If people are stressed at work, everyone helps each other out. I want to continue working there part time because I enjoy my work and I enjoy the environment.
Pros
Caring bosses, online education
Cons
every once in a while the systems are down
Busy and fun work environment
ESCROW ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 28, 2019
Chicago title is a great company. They offer lots of escrow and title resources to their employees. Sales reps are energetic and present offering great marketing opportunities
Finally a Healthy place to work
Title Technician (Current Employee) –  Bath, NYJanuary 19, 2019
I have worked many years and not found a healthy place to work until now. My manager believes in allowing us to work outside the box and to try new things without pushing an agenda. We are encouraged to work together to ensure we all get our work done and keeps communications open.
Pros
Morale, learning
Fast paced, stressful but rewarding.
Escrow Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 16, 2019
Busy office, great co-workers. Advancement is decent. Management is fair. Very competitive line of work, if you don't have Realtors or Loan Officers to bring you business, then there is risk of getting let go. But this is normal for this industry.
Productive, fast paced office
Escrow Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 8, 2019
I enjoyed my time at Chicago Title Company, while working with realtors and loan agents to finalize the home buying experience for our mutual clients.
Good co to work for if you have background in the industry
Escrow Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJanuary 3, 2019
I was hired without much knowledge of the title industry and there was little to no training. Management wasn’t helpful and some of the people at my office were very cold and unwelcoming. Not a pleasant work culture.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Work culture, lack of training
Really good place to work
Examiner (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 23, 2018
I enjoyed working a Chicago Title. The crew was always upbeat and although it could be a bit stressful, no one ever complained We enjoyed each others company and would often stop after work for a quick drink. The management team was hard working and professional. It was hard to leave but the opportunith to run my own business could not be ignored.
Pros
just a good place to work.
Cons
Cant think of any
Great Company
Contract Closer (Current Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILDecember 19, 2018
Great people. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. I worked as a contract employee, so I can not say a lot about the inter-office experience or the benefits.
Fast-paced but enriching!
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CADecember 18, 2018
I never saw myself in escrow and property insurance, but I learned the ins and outs of the industry within a short period of time. A great place to start if you're wanting to be successful and have an innate need to learn, or if you're entrepreneurial.
Pros
Every day is different - no routine
Great Benefits
Escrow Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Altos, CADecember 13, 2018
On a busy day it can be very stressful to meet deadlines when lenders or insurance agents are not cooperating with you. On a good day things will run smoothly and effectively especially when their are team players trying to meet the same goals.
Pros
free lunches on month end
Cons
not enough pay for the city we live in
Fun place to work.
Escrow Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 12, 2018
There is not a whole lot of room for advancement unless you want to continue doing title and/or escrow work forever. If you want to continue in that line of work, it is a good place for you.
Typical Escrow Job
Jr. Escrow Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 5, 2018
It is your typical office job. Managment tried to make the job as fun as possible. New TRID regulations have made the job harder with stricter privacy laws. Overall fun place to work if you have the right employees to work with.
Pros
Christmas Party, paid vacation/sick leave, benefits and stock options
Cons
No remote work options
Training was very minimal, definitely need to work on that.
Escrow Processor/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIDecember 4, 2018
The employees at Chicago Title are backstabbers and drama magnets. The agents are controlling and expect you to do their work for them, but they get upset if something isn't perfect and will call a supervisor to complain and get you in trouble,
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor training
Lack of oppertunity
TITLE EXAMINER (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 29, 2018
Chicago is a company that grew too fast all while buying out their top competitors. This growth failed to assure the company was able to increase the staff and training to increase the volume of the work.
Pros
end of day
Cons
lack of training
Great place to work with multiple opportunities for advancement
Commercial Title Examiner (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 18, 2018
Chicago Title offers an opportunity to learn title from the ground up and work on complex multi-million dollar deals which require fastidious attention to detail. Opportunities exist for advancement if you avail yourself to them.
Great Place to work
Escrow Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 15, 2018
It's a job with lots of advancement opportunities. I really liked the company and the people there. You have the opportunity to grow as much as you want. Unfortunately, when the housing market falls there are layoffs.