CHICAGO TUBE & IRON Employee Review

View all CHICAGO TUBE & IRON reviews

Very unprofessional - salary low-balling
PURCAHSING (Former Employee) –  LOCUST NCNovember 20, 2014
I was told by the company that the position was to be a full-Time temporary position with a decision to be made for permanent employment after a months time.

The first week I worked four days. The second week, without notification to me or MY agency the manager sent out an email that I would be working 2 to 4 days per week and told me it would be for two weeks. That lasted one month.

I was then told by the agency that the decision for permanent employment would be three months and then after about a week, 3 to 4 months. This arrangement was initially made without knowledge.

When I was given full-time hours, the manager asked me if I would be interested in the Purchasing Managers position to which I expressed my interest.

I relayed the managers inquiry to the agency and for two and one half weeks the agency had tried to get in contact with the manager but he refused to return their calls.

The agency again called the manager twice and then called me to relay a message for him to call them as soon as possible but he still would not respond.

Since my first day of the assignment I had worked above and beyond what was required of the position

I can only assume as to why I was not treated with the same professional courtesies as other employees since I had done nothing to warrant such behavior.

As a result of the aforementioned unprofessional occurrences I had terminated my assignment and notified the agency.
Pros
I found no pros working for this company
Cons
Very unporfessional

Other CHICAGO TUBE & IRON Employee Reviews

Productive and a good place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Locust, NCSeptember 8, 2019
Overall its a good place to work. Your day starts out finding what you will be working on that day from your supervisor. You could be doing a number of things that day. Gather what tools you need to work on that particular job. It really is a good place to work.
Terrible Management
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIMay 28, 2019
No communication between office staff and material handlers, no communication from plant manager to second or third shifts. General laziness from supervisors on day shift