CHICANOS POR LA CAUSA Employee Reviews

Amazing Non-Profit
HR ASSISTANT/DATA ENTRY/FILE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 30, 2018
I love the company and what we stand for. Community outreach and connection is totaling beautiful. Many more programs that no one really knows about. They are a rising organization
Pros
Wellness
Pre-School Teacher
Pre-school Teacher (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZJune 27, 2018
In working with CPLC, working with the children but the company itself was horrible. We were buried in paperwork and there was never enough time to get everything done at work. The manager at the location that I was not very good at all.
Positive work environment and collaborative team oriented jobq
ACT Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 17, 2018
I learned and gained insight into the behavioral health field. I was able to become a polished and effective clinician with specific goals and tools to help clients with disabilities.
Pros
team-oriented
Cons
long days, and demanding clientele
No advancement
Maintenance, Porter, Painter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 11, 2018
There was no room for advancement . The supervisors were irresponsible and didn’t help with training . The dispatchers In the office were just as rude .
Teacher Assistant
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZMay 24, 2018
Great place to start your experience if you want to grow as a preschool or infant and toddler teacher. Its a a lot of work from the assistant that has to be completed just like a teacher
Review
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Luis, AZMay 10, 2018
Good Job, very good coworkers and positive environment.
I learned how to do ASQ's and home visits.
Enjoyed training days and planning days.
Need more benefits and better salaries.
Meaningful work and helping people
Housing Counselor - Phoenix Housing (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 5, 2018
Great Compensation package, relaxed environment, team work in the office and camaraderie. Concern about caring for ourselves and others in Wellness programs provided.
Pros
Family Oriented
Culturally diverse
Infant Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 12, 2018
Arrival, set up daily activities (if not completed the previous day) Greet coworker and families. Have conversations through out out the day with teacher co worker and children.
I learned to be observation of children and documenting their progress with pictures and their interactions and activities on paper and to transfer them to the computer.
Management is supportive.
Workplace culture is diverse and supportive.
The hardest part of the job is when the three year olds move on to pre school.
The most enjoyable part of the job is witnessing the child's progress and growth.
Pros
Supportive educational team.
Cons
New director every two years.
SMI Navigator
SMI navigator , CPLC. Did enrollments (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 30, 2018
The job had no support and case load was out of expectations for accretions. supervisor was not much of help, did little to assist, and has no idea of the patients point of view. Worst company ever. they have forgotten the patient, and have become cold , and insensitive to the patients needs. They had no problem leaving people go out of the clinic , starve, psychotic, delusion, in 115 degree whether, with no medication. Even worst the would not let me transport them to a clinic
Pros
Each day has a end.
Cons
Supervision was real bad, if any, no support
diverse but needs work in morals
Front Office Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 22, 2017
good job for long term stability but needs more management training and moral, excellent pto, would be nice to have security and have a bigger building that is clean.
Pros
excellent pto
Cons
moral
Very bad work place and atmosphere
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85004October 3, 2017
CPLC does not support its employees; CEO's and supervisors have favoritism with some of them only and put restrictions with the rest of the employees to grow within the company. Employees are constantly leaving the company for lack of support.
They care about your health
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 15, 2017
Good company to work for, but do not have good management. I worked with customer service, data entry, filing, coping, scanning, making appointments, incoming and outgoing mail.
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
No Job Security
Support to the families was rewarding and team members were very supportive
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 27, 2017
It was very rewarding to see the impact of my work toward the Migrant families, the support from our team was always present in our everyday job duties
Pros
Benefits and access to the Migrant communities was rewarding
Cons
Support from corporate office was always a challenge
Corrupt
Community Healthcare Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2017
While working for Chicanos Por La Causa, I uncovered that we promoted programs that were not for the benefit of clients. For instance, our housing program did not benefit the masses. We were told to advocate for clients and then were reprimanded for doing so.
Pros
Working for the public
Cons
Programs didn't really exist.
Rewarding work.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 13, 2017
Rewarding work, they make meaningful contributions in the community. Organization is highly know & known in the Latino community. Good workplace culture they value their employees.
They had many different programs and related software systems which made learning the job more difficult. Management was not very open to change.
Pros
Good work/life balance.
Cons
Pay at non-profits could be better.
A fun environment and all kids of different people to work with
Receptionist and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 8, 2017
Work good with people people friendly speak Both languages English and Spanish able to multitask fax scan and answer phone greet customers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
fun environment really nice people and every ones an a while have luch all together
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 13, 2016
my typical day, get to work and return important calls for the costumers. data entry for the medical insurance. data entry one of each costumer. revise all the appointments for the costumers in order to receive the best service. Translator for Spanish speaking . manage all the employs if they are doing their work. the most enjoyable if to help people and receive a thank you makes my day.
Pros
incentives
Cons
nothing
great experience
Volunteer and Receptionist/ Clerk (Former Employee) –  Somerton, AZMay 6, 2016
I really enjoyed volunteering there I learned so many things. I always loved helping others. This helped me in a lot in the job that I have right now.
productive workplace
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2016
awesome company to work for, benefits, rates, environment etc. everyone was really helpful. Coworkers are awesome, and very open to questions or concerns you might have.
CPLC is very family oriented
Safty officer !! (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZJuly 9, 2015
Chicanos Por La Causa is one of the best places ive ever worked they become like part of your family and we all treat family great.