Chichester School District

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job

Friendly supportive staff; kids are another story

low-key environment; friendly & supportive staff. teachers are overwhelmed with the number of kids and level of disrespect they encounter. That's the hardest part of any job there - interacting with kids who are rude and use very foul language.

Not the best

I did not really enjoy much while working at Chichester. I did my work and went home. A lot of negative energy which makes it difficult to be energetic and enjoy work.

Being a bus driver is a rewarding job

Loved everything about my job especially being a bus driver knowing my driving is outstanding because the children are important and their safety you are tgeir smile for the day

Chichester School District

The faculty and the students make this a great working environment. The health benefits of working in a school district far outweigh that of working in another field.

Potential to be a benefit to the Community

Chichester School District has the potential to be an outstanding place for children in the Chichester township to receive a wonderful education. Since I have worked at the district for over 20 years I have seen the moral of all employees deteriorate over time. Employees feel unappreciated. Those employees that are in upper management continue to pile work on all employees and yet they don't compensate the employees for the work that they are performing. If you work with a boss who knows the workload is hard and they are willing to help you in your job duties this helps tremendously in not feeling stressed or over worked. The stress level for the jobs is too high for the amount of pay they offer. I have learned that in any job it isn't always about what you know but about who you know to move ahead in a job. Depending on your job is what makes up your typical day at work. If you work in the schools your day will be different than when you work in the administrative offices. I have worked in both settings and a typical day in the school can be both fun and busy at the same time. If you work with students on a daily basis you start to build a bond with them which can carry on until they graduate. When you work in the offices you don't always get to interact with the families. This depends on the office you work in. Each department deals with different aspects of the company. Some only work with vendors, and school staff, while others deal with potential new employees, parents, community members, vendors etc. Workplace culture is also different among the -

Pros

Good benefits (medical)

Cons

micro managed, low starting salaries

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Everything is ok

Is a job nothing special you have to just do what is expected of you there is a lot in the job discripition But there is good people from the community

Interesting

Working for the same school district that I graduated from was very interesting. It's great to see your previous teachers now when you are an adult compared to when you where in their classroom. Teachers are people, with the same needs, wants and questions as everyone else.

Pros

Summer hours

Cons

Summer hours - getting up extra early to be able to take Friday's off.

Fun workplace with great people

Chichester School District was a great place to work with a lot of great people. They were always willing to help me out and give me new tasks to do when need be

Fast paced and great teachers!

there is no 'typical' day for me, job responsibilities depend on whom I am covering for I have learned both PowerSchool and ProSoft software while working here, as well as updated Microsoft programs Management is great the hardest part is acclimating to short term positions The best part is the staff, regardless the school, everyone is so nice!

Great people to work for!

Nothing bad to say...great management, Great work/life balance, great benefits, decent salary & opportunity for additional work if you wanted it. Trained me for my CDL License and had me working with no delay

Pros

Loved it!

Cons

no cons

great enviroment

great work environment, everyone is like family. Challenges with students, but that's to be expected, but there is support from teachers, counselors, and administration to alleviate

Pros

great support

Cons

dont get paid for school breaks

I was a pleasure to work at Chischester School District.

A typical day at work as a custodian involved sweeping, mopping trash disposal and overall maintenance of the school grounds. The school district provided on the job training which helped immensely. My supervisors were friendly and allowed me to perform my duties once trained without constant supervision. My coworkers were also friendly and helpful and believed in team work.

Loved Working Here

I really enjoyed working with the students and teachers. It was very rewarding to help teach the students. I smiled almost all the time while I was there. The only reason that I left is because I needed a full time job.

Pros

Working with the students and teachers

Cons

Part time position

Fun work place

The co-workers are great people to work with and the children are a joy to drive, the managers are very fair and the only other thing is that you have to pay to work in Chichester the taxes are crazy.

Pros

good hours

Cons

not enough pay

kids are great

the buses are bran new easy to drive and maintain.the benifits are great kids respond well.you get help from other drivers.

Pros

free traning.good routs

Cons

poor management favortisms.two many people that are relatated

positive enviroment

This was a more independent and quiet job. always enjoyed going to work and being apart of helping the school district that i belonged to.

Busy phones

A typical day at work for me consists of maintaining student records for meal eligibility, preparing the necessary government forms through PDE and various other government agencies. I have learned quite a bit about regulations for school meals. The hardest part of my job would be that I am no longer in a building with the students. I miss seeing them and developing relationships with the families. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is when I can assist a parent or student.

Pros

When my children were still in school, working in the same district was convienent.

Cons

I am no longer in a building with the students.

Working with Special Need Children

I enjoyed working with children that needed help with their daily work and activities. Helping teachers with work that needed to be done. Everyone was very nice and helpful.

Pros

Same schedule as my children

Cons

not atleast 40 hours a week

I enjoy working with the children in this school district.

I am a substitute and I don't get enough work, but other than that I really enjoy working with the children.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Low pay, not enough hours

Productive and fun workplace

Productive, well-organized working environment, with fast and self motivated people to work with, starting with a good management that cares so much about their workers and a friendly co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chichester School District. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Learn about Chichester School District in popular locations