Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews

Found 11,053 reviews matching the search See all 11,074 reviews
fun
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCFebruary 22, 2019
It is a great place to work for! Everyone makes you feel like you are important. It is like we are one big giant family. Tons of laughter and care. The guest are awesome too!
Excellent Customer Service
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wright, KYFebruary 22, 2019
Working at Chic Fit showed me impeccable customer service and how to treat/ react to customers so that they had the best experience possible. I took customers' orders and cleaned.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No benefits
Making biscuits early each morning
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCFebruary 22, 2019
I enjoyed working in the mornings, and getting off at 11:30 each day. Plus no weekends. Management was great. My hardest thing was washing all the dishes every day. The most enjoyable was meeting people, they were all nice
Pros
We got free lunch.
Cons
nothing bad
Super nice employees but very stressful and busy.
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INFebruary 22, 2019
I loved the people that worked there but it was much too busy for me. I was constantly running around. The hours were somewhat flexible but i was scheduled to work every day of the weekend which meant i didnt have any free time.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Busy
Fast paced, great culture.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAFebruary 21, 2019
This job is not easy. It’s very fast paced and there is always something that needs to be done. My store did over 100 cars in the Drive Thru during peak hours. The people and managers are amazing. The pay is just awful. If you’re looking for a great place to work but don’t care about the pay this is the job for you.
Fast paced, streesful work place.
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCFebruary 21, 2019
When I first started at Chick-fil-a in March 2018 management was helpful with my work schedule and hourly pay was acceptable in the last year in preparing to go off to college management and work environment became stressful and inconsistent my hourly pay was deducted without any notice and my job duties were increased.
Pros
Cross trained, Employee Dicsount, Pay scale, Location, Consisent Hours
Cons
Poor Management, Unwilling to work with schedule, Overworked, Under payed
Loved the job just didn't get to work at my full potential.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77063February 21, 2019
The overall environment is always positive and bright. Most days went by well with a great opportunity to connet with costomers and fellow coworkers. The hygiene of the store was always on parr.
Pros
Dicount on food
Cons
Not assertive in positon managment
Productive and fun works pace
Shift Manager/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GA 30038February 21, 2019
Working at Chick-fil-A was fun, depending on the culture and management. The time I've spent there, I've picked up quite a few skills; cashier, cook, team leader, and manager. I use all that I've learned to help me along the way.
Good Start up but not a career
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 21, 2019
I worked at another location for years and the operator was excellent and had wonderful advancement opportunities and training. I feel as though the other location was poorly managed and did not offer as many opportunities for advancement. Chickfila can be an amazing opportunity but experiences may differ depending on the operator and management. The people you work with are honestly what make the job amazing.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
short breaks, not always advancement opportunities
The hardest part of the job.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 21, 2019
The hardest part of working in the kitchen at Chick-fil-A was trying to give the baggers the food they needed when we were at our busiest hours. But we still able to give them what they needed.
Good first job
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 21, 2019
Chickfila is a great first job for a kid. It teaches many useful skills like customer service and learning how to deal with customers that are not happy. It is fast passed and stressful though.
Stressful shifts every day
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 21, 2019
Fast food is a different place to work. I wiil not work for a food chain ever again. I did like the business closing on Sundays. Letting us go to A Church of my choice was Fantastic! I wish all companies followed that policy.
Pros
Closed on Sunday
Cons
Very hard asking for time off.
fast pace, can be stressful, fun at times
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXFebruary 21, 2019
the fast pace of the job can be stressful but is also nice because the work day goes by fast. the management at pflugerville is poor. you will not move up in salary or position if you do not speak up. also policies for request offs are fine if you actually do it 2 weeks in advance but if you ever call out sick or for any reason, you better have a dr note or will receive a write up.
Pros
employee meals
Great customer service experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDFebruary 21, 2019
Working environment is great, opportunity to meet many influential people. Managers are very understanding of personal difficulties. Workers should be paid more than they make, especially in a busy work setting.
Great!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 21, 2019
Loved working here and it was such a great environment with the other employees too! The management sucks though and isn't really well in getting in touch with.
Small Group of Amazing People to Work With, Everything else is terrible.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23225February 21, 2019
I am going to start off by saying I really enjoy the small group of people I work with. They are like a family to me and take care of each other. The only reason I currently work there is an amazing group of people I work with.

The Worst Part of the Job

Everything. The work life/ personal life balance in the worst. Going to school full time and working full time. They don't take into account people's personal life. They encourage people to work overtime while going to school. If you aren't feeling well or get sick they will punish you and possibly fire you. They will push you and schedule you to work longer hours and pick up more shifts. Some shifts can even last from breakfast to closing. All day working on your feet. High Schoolers will face long hours and minimal pay as well. Training is lackluster depending on the Trainer. Some Trainers will take time and tour the store and teach you every single thing. Others will leave you to figure it out yourself with no direction.

More of the Worst

Being Promoted is non-existent. A lot of workers can work for years and never be promoted. A lot can also be promoted very quickly. Promotion is never given. A person is only promoted at the more depressing times where all other management has left. No one will be able to advance.

Typical Day

Come into Work Early
Wait until Exact Minute of Shift Starting
Clock in and Go into Job Position (Cashier, Bagger, Drive-Thru, Dining Room, Kitchen)
Help Customers with their needs and take their orders
Spend time Stocking all sauces and containers.
Good for High School
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXFebruary 21, 2019
It was a wonderful job for my high school career, but once I hit college, there was not a lot of emphasis on promotions and raises. It was kinda sad because I really liked working there.
Great starter job.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXFebruary 21, 2019
This is a great starter job to show other jobs reliability and schedule adherence. I highly recommend working to some leadership position. Additionally, make sure you interview your managers as much as they interview you, they vary from store to store.
Pros
Schedule flexibility, great atmosphere
Cons
pay, some favoritism, consumer treatment.
Positive and Productive
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLFebruary 20, 2019
Management works to provide you with the best work experience in order to maintain a high morale and shows genuine interest/concern for employees and cares about them.
Fun, character building company who has your best interest in mind
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ALFebruary 20, 2019
I started as a BOH employee and ended my career their as a Training Director/Operations Director. Chick-fil-A was a springboard that launched me into becoming the professional I am today. I am grateful for the long, hard and sometimes grueling work. The company training and camaraderie is top notch and I would recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
Personal development, competitive pay structure, flexible schedule
Cons
On your feet for 8+ continuous hours without rest.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

55K
43.3K
31.9K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Chick-fil-A.

Powered by Comparably