Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews

Found 10,077 reviews matching the search See all 10,092 reviews
Easy place for advancement and great for raises.
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 21, 2018
I got hired there at 16 starting at 7.50 and within 4 months I got a raise to 9.00 I was working just below 40 hours a week and brought home a little over $600 every two weeks before taxes.
Fast paced but enjoyable place to work.
Drive Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Lake, FLOctober 21, 2018
I worked at this company for about 2 years and I am ready to step up. Also, it was far from my house and I would like to work some where closer to home. I am ready for change but it has been very good to me.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
short break
It was a fun place to work but the only parts that was fun was when it was busy otherwise it was very boring
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDOctober 20, 2018
A typical work day was very boring at first then it got busy and everything was sped up even though other days it was still slow. I
also think Chick-Fil-A is very mentally draining.
Pros
Free Lunches, everyone is very nice to you.
Cons
mentally draining, some people have very bad attitude.
Great customers, CFA is good for young people.
Opening/Day Manager (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXOctober 20, 2018
I work at Chick-fil-A for over a decade the best part of working at Chick-fil-A it's the customers. The average day was usually very fast-paced and busy. Most of the coworkers are good people. The culture at the Chick-fil-A that I worked at was and I quote "why plan ahead when we can run it by the seat of our pants" that was The Operators philosophy. I do not think that was the company Philosophy. Generally I enjoyed working at Chick-fil-A, my operator was somewhat difficult to work for.
Great place to work! Amazing culture. Some improvements needed.
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 20, 2018
Overall, this is a fantastic company to work for. The pay is good starting out, but there needs to be a more competitive pay structure for the trainer team. There are many benefits and compensation perks that we are ineligible for.
Pros
Free lunch, 100% subsidized healthcare, snacks everywhere, great culture
Cons
No pay increases for trainers, ineligibility to receive several full-time perks
Fast-paced professional workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Parker, COOctober 20, 2018
Chick-fil-A is a fast food restaurant, but there are a lot of rules regarding. Dress code is huge, with odd requirements because it is a Christian business. No tattoos, painted fingernails, minimal make-up, hair for women has to be approved, a leather belt, the red shirt, black pants, expensive no slip shoes, and other were just part of the dress code. The people were lovely to work with, so many of them were friends and just happy to be there, but sometimes management wasn't run as well as it should have been. I had to leave because it was unbearably Christian and so closed minded, sometimes refusing to hire someone, or treating someone who wasn't like them badly because of their different lifestyle.
Pros
Free meal provided, good people, structured and organized
Cons
Rules, closed-minded, hours
Poor Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAOctober 20, 2018
When I worked here, the management was very unfair. Your hours and pay was based on how well liked you were by the management, very little to do with your actual work skills. Normally only pays minimum wage with very little advancement opportunities
Quick paced, high volume and a fun environment.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKOctober 20, 2018
A great place to work that is fast- paced, high volume, enjoyable and great to grow & build lasting relationships with coworkers. Customer Service on a remarkable level and able to grow.
Pros
Free meal when working, remarkable customer service
Cons
Stressful, too busy for energy output
"We are building a community worth defending by nourishing the whole person on both sides of the counter"
Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 20, 2018
We do our best to make every experience meaningful with our actions and words. Every day is different and unique for both the guests and we who serve them.
Pros
Free meals, worker's compensation
Great part time job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 19, 2018
Great place to work if you only need something part time. Lunch and dinner rush can get very busy, always on your feet. Management is always willing to listen and work with you if you need time off, just give two weeks notice. Coworkers are fun to work with! I have learned patience and teamwork.
Pros
Free lunch, flexible hours
Cons
Low pay, part time hours
High School Career
Front Line Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, IN 46804October 19, 2018
Very great place to work for high school/ part time. The work place is fast paced, but the time is very utilized. I have had a very enjoyable time working there and the culture of the work place was great.
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 19, 2018
Very good place to start practicing your customer service attitude, also very fast paced environment which is very helpful when multitasking. Extremely friendly environment and great team work
A very productive environment
Register (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 19, 2018
Chick-Fil-A was a great start for a first job. It was easy to catch on, I've been there for almost two years and I've learned so much about customer service and multi tasking. I would definitely recommend Chick Fil A to someone else.
Pros
Flexible hours, works with school and free lunch
Cons
Managers had short tempers, constanly short on people and ended doing other people's jobs.
Awful
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNOctober 19, 2018
I am a high school student and would get scheduled 6 days a week. Management was AWFUL. My manager would cry in front of the employees every night and make jokes about my Diabetes. Me and my coworkers formed close bonds off of the hate we had for management.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
awful management, too many hours
Fun enjoyable stressful workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 19, 2018
Working at Chick-fil-a is a fun and different experience. From the start you're trained on how to respect and respond to the customers to provide them with the best possible service. The coworkers were always friendly and we always got along. Management is pretty good and they assist wherever possible. Most of the guests are nice but there have been a few times guests have thrown their food at us. LUNCH IS ALWAYS BUSY. Its also very fast passed as Chick-fil-a strives to get food out as quick as possible
Fast paced. Fast food
Catering Specialist Chick-fil-a Draper (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTOctober 18, 2018
The location I work with believes in team building and life skills training to aid in a well rounded work force. They strive to give customers the best and quickest service possible while keeping up the quality of food.
Pros
flexible work hours. Sundays off
Cons
Fast food, employee turnover
Very fun and exciting place to work
Everything (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCOctober 18, 2018
I absolutely loved my time at Chick-fil-A! It was my first real job I ever had and it gave me great experience with customer service, always being polite, and how to handle difficult situations in the work field. The managers knew how to prepare you for anything and I would highly recommend being apart of their team to anyone.
Pros
Free food and great friendships made
Cons
Very busy all of the time
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAOctober 18, 2018
Because of the fast-paced environment, it got very stressful throughout the day.
The best part was the free lunch meals.
The hardest was keeping up with the pace of customers needs.
Great learning enviornment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 18, 2018
Arrived daily at 5 a.m., turned on all kitchen appliances, then moved on to setting up the front of the store to open at 6 a.m.. I started inventory at 9 a.m. daily and inputted the order at 10 a.m.. Depending upon which position needed the most attention i would either bag, do head set, window, front counter, or help in the kitchen. While at Chick-fil-A I learned the importance speed, quality of food and service with attention to detail. As for management for me it was to always pay attention to detail. The culture was very family orientated and about helping each other. The hardest part of the job was trying to stay ahead of the rush. The best part was always trying to break records.
Pros
family enviornment
Cons
n/a
Good place for a first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rogers, AROctober 18, 2018
Chick-fil-A is a great company that I believe in and often I spend my money at.
Working there can be quite stressful sometimes and quite overly competitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

54.6K
43K
31.7K

See reviews about

Diversity score

73out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Chick-fil-A.

Powered by Comparably