Chick-fil-A

Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews

United States21,995 reviews

Found 21,995 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,089 reviews
filchickcfafoodmealfreefastsunday

What is the best part of working at the company?Free food during 8+ hour shifts What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Dinner and lunch rushes What is the work environment and culture like at the company?great coworkers and shifts go by fastWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?working majority of the time either in the drive-thru during lunch rush and working front counter during breakfast

What is the best part of working at the company?The atmosphere of the friendly coworkers and mangers.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The busy lunch and dinner rush.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Friendly, goal oriented, willing to build staff for the future.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Fast paced and very busy.

Chick-fil-A insights

• Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Busy and demanding

it was always very busy. There was only one time where we had no customers in the line. They don’t respect availability. continued to schedule me outside of my availability and then made me call out at 5 AM even though it was their mistake.

Great place to work. Good to have in your background jobs. Good pay, top quality teamwork and friendly employees. Great benefits and rewarding if you're good at what you do.

Good pay but horribly stressful and disorganized

A positive and fun team to work with, but expected to be the number one priority in your life. It’s more likely you will stay an extra hour for a shift than get off on time.

Great team, high expectations

I enjoyed working here and learned a lot. But, I found that my responsibilities were constantly increasing and I was not given a raise. I was making the same as new employees while I was opening in the mornings with only my manager.

Was the worst

This job disregarded the health of its employees. I was not happy to work here, I was just overworked as a teen. The company culture is eerie for sure.

Cons

Great for getting through college.

The work is fine. They offer free meals for every shift that you work which helps. The wage starting for me was $11 so, better than other fast food places.

Working At Chick Fila

I had a great experience working at Chick-Fila. The upper management was excellent. They worked with my schedule while I was in school. They also paid pretty decently.

Pros

The Schedule Flexibility

Cons

The ability to Grow

Hectic workdays with unkind managment

The management at my location was 50/50, some managers were great, others were horrible. I found that there was little opportunity for advancement, I did not move up in the 4 years I worked there. However, if you were "in" with some of the managers, it was easier to move up the chain.People were let go for various, and sometimes trivial, reasons. If you had to work under someone who didn't like you, chances were they would scour until they found something small to write you up for.Forget about being sick. If you get sick too often, you will be written up or put on probation.The rate of pay was the only reason I stayed as long as I did. I eventually wound up quitting and taking a lower paying job, just to escape the mental toll that job had put on me.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Short breaks, Little time off, Mental Strain, Poor management

Productive and fun

Always something new going on. Rush hours could be a bit chaotic but I remember it always being fun. Management itself wasn’t the best especially because it is family owned.

Nad

Bad environment and did not care for employees much. This was not a fun first job and it was most of the time a stressful environment no matter what time of day

Chick-Fil-A is Corporate now

As a customer, I always had amazing experiences, so what the heck lets pick up a 2nd job for extra cash how bad could it be? Well pretty bad is the answer. I'm not sure how so many people were able to do a singular function (just making drinks for example) for an entire 8 hour shift. Its like might as well put a robot where I'm standing and forget this whole team work thing and people working to their strengths and weaknesses.

Pros

Really none, better off working somewhere you can eat for free as an employee

Cons

lack of work culture, lack of care, fake compassion

Fun ,great

During my experience at Chick-fil-A I had a lot of fun I learned to build good communication skills I learned to give my best in customer service.It is good for people who need a little kick into building confidence with others .

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Over worked and underpaid

Idk try it out

Very stressful, people have no respect for you, rude customers, rushes are crazy, little pay and lots of work sometimes and management could be much better. I wouldn’t want to go back. It might be a job for some though. Seeing people all day and being busy was nice. It’s just stressful at times and you feel like it’s not worth the money.

it was okay

I had a few problems while working here but in the food service industry that is going to happen. I wish they paid me more and worked me less because they didn’t care if I had family emergencies & etc.

Pros

free food

Cons

they don’t care about you

What is the best part of working at the company?The people & culture What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Very fast pacedWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great teamwork and supportive environment

Productive, but not great management.

Management is very corrupt (they take advantage of their power). The hours and pay are great. The environment is very fast-paced and you get a lot done, which I enjoy.

Pros

Hours, Pay

Cons

Poor Management, Hard to get time off

Not a fun place to work at

The managers are super rude , they literally make comments about your appearance they yell at you in front of the guest. They put you on break even if you just clocked in and they write you up for the littlest things .

Pros

Free breakfast

Cons

Rude management

Fun place

Nice people. The food is great, I like the uniform. The location was convenient. The benefits were helpful and the pay was reasonable. Appreciated having Sunday’s off

Pay is Fine Pretty simple job

All you really do is drive all day and then do some other opening or closing activities depending on your shift. Nothing too demanding. The pay is mainly dependant on how many orders you can take out during your shift.

Pros

good pay

Cons

bad manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight