Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews

Found 10,513 reviews matching the search See all 10,529 reviews
It's Fast Food, so I mean...
Guest Specialist (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTDecember 14, 2018
For a fast food place, they honestly do okay. It's a high stress job, because everyone loves the food at all times of the day and night, and they do expect quality service at a quality speed. My manager was a little over the top with expecting us to be quicker than humanly possible at the drive thru window, but they do let you have discounted food!
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Hard on your feet
Overall not bad
Director (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARDecember 14, 2018
Great place to start your management career. The people are great and you’ll like the fast pace environment. The christmas party are awesome and should definitely go if you’re available
Pros
Christmas party, free food
Cons
Low pay, short break
Not great pay.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 14, 2018
I personally feel like overall this a good company especially if you want to learn discipline. But I feel it’s more of a job for high school and college kids. You receive a lot of direction from trainers, shift leaders and other management. It’s hard to distinguish who’s in charge and who’s not. Sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming, because they ultimately like to keep up the image of perfection. You work long hours with only one 30 minute break, and no breaks even if you’ve a 10-12 hour shift. It’s a lot of work for very minimal pay even with restaurant experience.
Pros
Free employee meal every shift you work
Cons
No benefits, to much management, low pay
Room for advancement, hard at times
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WADecember 13, 2018
Chick fil a was great to work at and I don’t regret it, but the going does get tough and it will stress you out, no matter your title. On the good days, it’s great to work there, but on the bad days, you cannot wait to go home and not worry about any of your coworkers until you see them again.
Pros
Discounted and free food, inviting people, family feel
Cons
Short breaks, stressful, overwhelming volume
Cutthroat place to work no one cares about your well being
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INDecember 13, 2018
Chick-fil-A was by far the worst place I’ve ever worked at. The management couldn’t care less about your personal life or feelings in general they were the most cold hearted group of people. The whole team were extremely mean and strict.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No breaks, poor management, non flexible schedule, only one Saturday off a month
Fun, Fast Paced work environment
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 13, 2018
- Working at Chic-Fil-A as a team member is a great first job
- Culture is positive and fast-paced, and easy to build good friendships with coworkers
- Good if you are a competitive person
Pros
$7.00 credit towards a meal when working 5 hours or more in a day
Cons
high stress
Fast Paced Fast Food
Team Member at Front Counter (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXDecember 13, 2018
It was good but stressful at times. The people were nice. The customers were also very kind. The management at times was a little bit jumbled but they worked it out.
Fun and Engaging Position
Training Director (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 13, 2018
Tons of flexibility with schedule. I've learned better multitasking skills, how to lead, importance of work culture. Working for one of the most dedicated employers in the area.
Fun workplace is fluid hours and amazing management
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GADecember 12, 2018
Fun workplace with fluid hours and amazing management. They provide a free employee meal with every five hour shift which is nice. Everyone you work with will be amazing, however it is stressful most of the time.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Shorter breaks
A great part-time job that worked with my schedule.
cashier (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GADecember 12, 2018
I enjoyed working for this neighborhood the 6 months I worked there. My boss was very laid back and worked with my busy schedule. If I did not move away to college I would not of given this job up.
Excellent place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARDecember 12, 2018
I absolutely loved my job at chick fil a. The coworker became like family and they worked really well with my school schedule. Everyone there worked as a community helping each other out. A typical day at work was hecktic but everyone was there for each other.
Pros
Free meal during break
fair job
Cashier-Staff Leader (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 12, 2018
it was a good job, sometimes stressful I felt like I wasn't get paid fairly for all I did .I would open by myself sometimes and not complain I am a quick learner and love to multitask .
Pros
fun
Cons
headaches
It’s great place to work your first job
Dining Room Host & Team Member (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28273December 12, 2018
It was a good job , flexible hours . Managers were very strict. The hardest part about the job was doing the food . I’ve learned to have patience With customers.
Chick-fil-A
TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 12, 2018
Chick-Fil-A is a good company to work for when you are trying to learn about hospitality it taught me how to interact with guests and give great service under any situation.
Pros
Free meals, positive co-workers, great company to learn from
Cons
Pay
Great starter job
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILDecember 12, 2018
Working at Chick-fil-A taught me a lot of communication skills, the management was professional and always did the best to help out whenever they could.
Very competitive
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXDecember 12, 2018
My chick fil a is extremely competitive but the team members do so much more than what they are paid for. Some of the managers are not up to full capacity and they can be very greedy and biased
Pros
Friends, family-culture
Cons
No benefits
productive and fast paced
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 11, 2018
love working here but unfortunately the pay wasn't very good even for a manager position so it forced me to look else where.
management was strong and very easy to talk to
10/10
Pros
free food
Cons
poor pay
chick fil a
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXDecember 11, 2018
I did not like the management here. it was only about the money and not people "engaging" with people. The pay was horrible and they were not flexible.
Good place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 11, 2018
I worked on and off here for three years, and never saw growth really until one IM had faith in me, but he left and I never moved after that. That’s the only bad part, had to grow if management doesn’t like you. And it’s not that I was a bad worker, it’s just no one but him wanted to take the time to show me. Outside of that, it’s a really great environment, unless you work when the high schoolers do. Then it’s non stop gossip and drama. Overall I think everyone should work at chick fil a at least for a little while, because it builds character and quite honestly helps build you into a better person.
Fun place for short term
Chick-Fil-A Trainer (Current Employee) –  Totem Lake, WADecember 11, 2018
It was a fun job that is hard to leave because of the friends you make there, but the directors dont communicate well and there seems to be poor job advancement there. I also believe because of how fast paced it is, people dont get paid enough. They advertise $13 on the sign but pay $12 to minors.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Irregular breaks, lack of managment communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

54.8K
43.2K
31.8K

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight