Chick-fil-A

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

fun place to work in a productive environment

its fun working in a industry where most people are your age or just a few years older because its easier to bond and make connections especially when your in charge of them. chick fil a teaches you alot and gives everyone an equal chance to grow in the industry

Pros

free lunches. opportunities to grow

Fun people to work with Management was terrible

No longer a employee here thank god. But I can’t recommend this place to anyone until management at the MSP airport location becomes better. It’s sad because chick fil a is w solid place to work with some great core values on hard work and I have deep respect for the company just not the people running this location

Pros

Free lunch under 12$ could listen to music

Cons

Favoritism in the work place.

Good first job

Overall pretty happy with my experience, taught me many lessons and stuff I'll never forget. Definitely worked at a more stressful location than most and was usually understaffed and backed up but when everything was perfect it was too hard to complain.

Cons

No ladder for actually upward movement that was worthwhile to stay and achieve.

Fun, fast paced job. Lots of friendly people to work with both crew and management. Sundays off and a great discount. Not a bad job for a teen or young adult.

Pretty alright place to work

From the coworker, the managers, the guests, almost everything is great, one negative thing I could say is that we we always busy which can be a good thing job security and all

Pros

Great coworkers and staff

Cons

Constantly busy

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Chick Fil A is a great career start,

I started my career at CFA, I learnt so much during my spell at CFA. They teach you leadership, hard work and team work. There is so much career growth.

Great for a starter job

The job started off great. However, learning additional positions being given additional responsibilities and being treated gradually worse while raises have come a single time are horrible.

Pros

Free lunch

Productive and fun place to work!

I loved my experience at Chick-fil-A Waterloo! I felt cared for by all of my managers and felt like my work really mattered. They take the time to help you learn and are always encouraging. There was plenty of room to grow so you weren't stuck in one position forever. Chick-fil-A helped me prepare for real-life scenarios that I use every day at my current job. I worked at Chick-fil-A throughout college and they were very accommodating to my schedule!

Pros

Free food, scholarship opportunities, growth, pay

Cons

Working outside in cold temperature

Terrible management

You get paid nothing and it is the busiest place in the area managers are rude and show favoritism and act like a bunch of middle schoolers and i would constantly be put in the kitchen even though i was hired for up front and still got paid the same as i did upfront and people in the kitchen get paid way more then the people up front 7.25 is not worth the stress of this place because of how busy it is and they tell you that you get a raise every 3 months that is not true at all.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Productive,You get what you put in

Hard work at times, but overall a positive place. You get what you put in. Lot of hours if you want them. Close by to other good places as well. Works around school schedule well.

Awesome place, especially if you're just starting out

Being at CFA for over a year now, I have seen a lot of people come and go. but those who stay become a pretty tight-knit group of people and everyone generally gets along pretty well. I work delivery, but you'll get to know almost every position if you work there long enough. People are friendly and everyone gets along. There's some slight separation between FOH and BOH, but mostly just banter and the lack of understanding of each other. The hardest thing is the running back and forth and making sure that things are done correctly the first time. The people are what really make the company and it's not a secret that most people at CFA are generally happy with where they are, at least for the time being. The managers at my location are great for the most part, but sometimes they can let their emotions get ahead of them, but mostly not. Everyone is professional and as long as you pull your weight, you'll be just fine

Pros

Great people, easy to get in to, good opportunities

Cons

Slips in professionalism, customers at times

Good Starting Job

I definitely enjoy the working with my co-workers and doing the job. While it isn't perfect or a career for most people it is definitely somewhere that makes you happy and doesn't give you dread to wake up for work. I recommend working here to get back on your feet or as a start but you'll need to either climb up the ranks or save well if you wanna be successful in terms of money.

Pros

Good atmosphere, Good management, and Experience

Productive place to work , but very taxing mentally and physically for some

This was my first job and I’m very grateful for the opportunity I get base pay (12) an hour and its really what you make of it . I feel a little out of place considering I’m only 18 and everyone on my shift are full on adults in their late 20s and 30s I can’t really relate to anyone but that’s okay I’m not really there to build relationships. It gets a little busy from time to time and it’s not for the weak when it happens lol just be prepared for a lot of rushing if you’re interested lol it’ll be an interesting ride for sure

Pros

Free lunch, lots of learning curves, self discipline

Cons

15 minute breaks maximum

Providing great customer

An amazing place to work out with great teamwork, A nice and clean environment to working at, always have hours if you would like to pick up off every Sunday

Pros

Great team work

Cons

Pay

Great place and people care about you. Love the training they put in and attention to detail for all employees. A great place for high schoolers to learn for their first job. Also lots of opportunities for development and moving up in the business.

Pros

Free food, out of work events

Cons

Always busy

Very team oriented

I felt like I was comfortable and wanted to be there do to the positive atmosphere. I really enjoyed working to make sure the customer got quality food.

Good

Good and good and working there is good. Whenever you want to eat the food it is good. What else can I say about a fast food chain. The food is extremely excellent.

Didn't like working here

Went into working here with high hopes because of the rep of the company, but was disappointed and honestly hated working here. Not going into too much detail, but the pay was less than all the other local CFAs, the operator had regular Team Leaders doing Operation Manager work to lessen his load, always wanted too many details when requesting off work instead of just giving the day off as requested, among other things. They expected too much for that little pay.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Pay was less than other CFAs, only 1 30 minute break in 8 hrs, expected way too much for too little

Good for your first job but get out as soon as you can

Honestly it is great to make some money when you are young but run away once a better opportunity comes. It won't even help you very much of breaking into higher paying restaurant jobs because it is classified as fast food

Fun workplace

I definitely enjoyed my time working at Chick-fil-A. They were very flexible with the hours I needed. The management was a little iffy at times but they were always willing to help when needed.

Pros

Free lunches, flexible hours

Cons

Always busy

Diverse , productive and well kept

Enjoyed the work the people and the guest, strict dress code, had to cover tattoos, good hours (based off performance) management needed work but overall pretty good .. tip not allowed .. bummer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

8.3K

Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Chick-fil-A.
Powered byComparably