Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews for Cook

Found 405 reviews matching the search See all 10,077 reviews
It was okay
Cook (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 16, 2018
Not my type of job . it was fun at times. Management was kind of strict about certain things. I would never work there again . but the food was good.
Great service, Great Paychecks, Great food, and Great people.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSOctober 9, 2018
This is an overall great place to work if you are looking for some place to work. Great environment, and the people are bery polite all of the time.if you are lookin for a secure job thwn this is the place for you.
Pros
Free lunches every once in a while
Cons
Short breaks
fun and productive
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 8, 2018
It was productive nice fun i also liked the customer service and the patience and the food for the people they said it was great and delicious and they could be a little bit more self conscouis
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Fun but fast paced workplace
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 3, 2018
Coming into work was something I looked forward too; their was an energy between the employees and managers that made me feel like I was apart of a team. The work hours were nice, but it was usually busy 24/7. I was always in a rush and their was always something that needed to be attended to.
ridiculous / fast paste
cashier/ Cook (Current Employee) –  1500 Apalachee Pkwy Ste 1040September 29, 2018
First things first chick-fil-a didn't work around my school schedule. They would always schedule me for school and get mad when I call out like it was my fault.
Pros
free food
Cons
management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 22, 2018
you come to work, and you start whatever your job is. mine was cooking. so i would enter the building go to the kitchen and start working on the breading table to make chicken
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Friendly nice People willing to go the extra mile
Cook (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CASeptember 21, 2018
Great place to work an good experience with being friendly. Good management an well organized business. Good team work an positive attitude. Fast paced without much drama.
Pros
Experience, friendly people, free food, well managed
Cons
Busses, no benefit
fun workforce
Cook (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXSeptember 16, 2018
a typical workday is prepare for the day to come, prepare food and materials. hardest part is when rush hour comes, most enjoyable part is when employees come together and help out each other.
Great people but i would not recommend
Cook (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 12, 2018
Dont let them push you around and dont let them always put you dishes was a clean working environment but theyvwould get on your nerves and if you get behind they will just pin it against you and say its your fault /problem and not help you out
Pros
Food was paid for already for employees
Cons
30 min breaks
nice job for beginners
Cook (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 11, 2018
staff was really cool and work wasn't too stressful or hard. prep work is easy, cooking was fairly easy and simple. alot of teamwork in everything. just didnt pay enough money.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no health care and short breaks
It was fun and relaxed.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALSeptember 6, 2018
I loved chick-fil-a they gave me a lot of hours but I’m growing up and looking for a job that actually pays good and gives good hours it was fun while it lasted but I’m needing money for a house.
Pros
Free lunch
It’s a decent place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDSeptember 5, 2018
If management was better, starting from the top. It would be all five stars! People are nice to work with. The uniforms are comfortable fitting. Hours could be better and the should give benefits.
Fast paced work but never felt rushed. You felt like a part of the team and managers are understanding.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALAugust 31, 2018
I was a produce maker so I made things like salads and fruit cups. I would be the first one in the store to make everything I needed to and left before 4pm. The other employees were friendly and the manager was nice as well.
Pros
Free meal, Good Hours
Cons
Not always the same training as the videos they show.
Great company to work for
Cook/Order Taker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 18, 2018
The managers, the environment, the customers everything about Chick-Fil-A is amazing I absolutely love working for them. I want to go back and work for them again!
Pros
Food, customers, employees
Cons
I love the job itself but i do not agree on the benefits and pay rates.
Cashier/Cook/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 14, 2018
This is a fairly easy but a steady paced job. On another note, they do work me unusually long hours. Evaluations at my locations are not often and vacation/PTO is not offered. Hours can be very inconvenient especially during football season.
Decent place to work
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 14, 2018
Overall decent place to work, store manager wasn't the easiest to get along with but assistant store manager was easy to get along with and would be the one that would work with the employees
an overall good place to work
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 6, 2018
a typical day at work was fast paced and busy which I liked. there was always something to do and there was not a lot of standing around. I learned how to be calm in stressful situations and to not let rude people get to me. the management here is overall good, and they are always nice to the employees. the hardest part of this job would probably be dealing with rude customers, and just remembering to stay calm when its very busy. I really enjoyed working with my other team members, I made very good friends during my time here.
Pros
free lunch, discounts
Cons
low pay
Boh
Cook (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAAugust 4, 2018
CFA leaves open opportunity for each employee to learn all stations while giving you detailed instruction for proper execution. If you can think fast, move quickly and plan accordingly this will be a good place for a possible future.
It was fun working their
Cook (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLAugust 3, 2018
To me working at chick fil a was good for me because working their showed me how everybody can work as a team they worked as a family it was the best experience.
Its fast-food, what do you expect
Front Counter Cashier/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXAugust 3, 2018
Just another multi-million dollar fast food corporation that will work you to death and give you low pay, but that's what these kind of jobs consist of more or less.
They treat their workers with respect and the "team" consists of good people, but there is absolutely no joy in the work itself.
Pros
Nice environment/people
Cons
The work itself

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

54.6K

3.1InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight