Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews for Cook

Found 445 reviews matching the search See all 11,352 reviews
Horrible managers
Cook (Former Employee) –  Barboursville, WVMarch 22, 2019
Operator was nice if you over-worked yourself. Too many stuck up employees. Managers were lazy. They put all the work on you and watch from a distance.
Pros
35% discount on lunch
Cons
Too much work for so little pay
We couldn't talk all we heard was work work
BOH Cook (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton NCMarch 10, 2019
I worked in BOH I enjoyed my job there Team leader they are two face get yelled you see the same people do the same job everyday. Do dishes every day I know a lady that they made her do dish for 3 month straight. She also can clean and do her job at the same time never complaine till one day she had enough with Team lead she also asked the leader if she disliked her never got that answer. Never seen Team Leaders go on break first and when they are on break they are on it for 1.5
Pros
Free lunch never ate it
Cons
Very short breaks
High School Student Part-time
Customer Service/ Cashier/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNMarch 9, 2019
I worked almost every day right after school until closing- got a day or two off. Each employee was scheduled a position for that shift such as lobby, cashier, floater, bagger, kitchen, or drive-thru. Overall, employees were expected to work fast, think quick, and multitask.
Pros
a lot of hours, one free meal
chick fil a review
Cook (Current Employee) –  Harahan, LAMarch 9, 2019
when i first started there i enjoyed it for about two weeks and then i realized how stressful and quick paced this job really is. my friend is the one who got me a job there and i thank him for it. now i realize how much better of a person i can be rather than being a fry cook at a fast food place.
Pros
free food on break
Cons
i only get 15 minute breaks
Happy and Fun atmosphere
Cashier, Expediter, and Cook (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 9, 2019
The best part of working here was the energy. The employees and customers made the day of work fun and joyful. There's so many jobs to do your never bored or seen as "slacking".
Good first job, but little advancement
Cook (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 4, 2019
There is room for 2 different full-time shifts during the workday, and the part-timers tend to come fill in between lunch and dinner. Most of the traffic comes in right before school, during lunch, and when school lets out. The remainder of the shift is pretty relaxed; at those times, the employees mostly focus on prepping refrigerated food or cleaning.

The work environment is fast-paced, but it is easy to get used to since the majority of the menu is the same thing (chicken, nuggets, fries). After about a month there, the work itself becomes automatic, and the experience after that is mainly based on the frequency of custom orders and the quality of coworkers. If you like socializing closely with 6-8 people, then it'll be enjoyable.

It is nice to reliably have Sundays off, but advancing to a manager requires further steps. I had a supervisor who refused to give up cigarettes and beer, so he couldn't advance to a manager. The pay wasn't great, but you only expect so much compensation selling fast food. Overall, a great place to work until you can find a job in your desired career field.
I loved work with the company
Cook (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAFebruary 28, 2019
My relationship with company was very nice I liked good quality of food and great spiritual place so great attitudes I loved working for company.I hope and pray that you can enjoy this company.
Cons
Fun and energetic place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Mount Dora, FLFebruary 26, 2019
the place is very nice to work for, a very caring and loving company to those who are there for 6 months or longer, very good opportunities as far as jobs and scholarships and very understanding
Enjoyable workplace
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARFebruary 25, 2019
At Chick Fil A I had to learn how become faster to give the food out on time. I would work an eight hour shift. The work place was very diverse.The hard part of the the job was when tourist buses would come in.
Pros
Everyone got along
Cons
Fast pace
Hectic
Cook (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAFebruary 22, 2019
A very hectic work atmosphere. Some people are fun, but many have have attitudes and get worked up and yell over any small issue. Pay is decent for fast food, but it is well deserved for what you deal with.
Pros
Potential to make up to $14 an hour without becoming a manager, and it's based on performance, not tenure. The day usually goes quick. Pay raise available as soon as 3 months.
Cons
Have to pay for lunch but it is discounted, No discounts if not on break, No benefits, They dock your pay if you are late and for any other number of reasons, No paid time off, Time off is looked at negatively on your review, You get really dirty if you work in the kitchen.

Want to know more about Chick-fil-A?

Ask a question
Fast paced, streesful work place.
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCFebruary 21, 2019
When I first started at Chick-fil-a in March 2018 management was helpful with my work schedule and hourly pay was acceptable in the last year in preparing to go off to college management and work environment became stressful and inconsistent my hourly pay was deducted without any notice and my job duties were increased.
Pros
Cross trained, Employee Dicsount, Pay scale, Location, Consisent Hours
Cons
Poor Management, Unwilling to work with schedule, Overworked, Under payed
Best job culturally
Cook (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 11, 2019
A happy and fun environment filled with smiles and fun characters. Easy to learn menu, consistent weekly hours and job security. Best job for high schoolers to beginning with.
Chick Fil A Review
Cook (Former Employee) –  Midland, GAFebruary 8, 2019
I love Chick-Fil-A! It was a great job. Very fast paced and a lot of fun. The only reason I left is because the pay was poor for the work I was doing.
Pros
Discounts, Great atmosphere
Cons
Pay is not great
Not fun
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 5, 2019
If you work hard for along time you'll eventually move up or get a raise. Not all locations are the same or have thee same management. Some are more fair than others. Felt like I was being underpaid for the amount of work I did and was working full time but no benefits.
Chic Fil A
Cook (Former Employee) –  Derby, KSJanuary 31, 2019
Typical day at Chic Fit A was simply moving around in the kitchen tending to whatever needed to be done. At chic Fit A I learned what it meant to be a team, everyone helped everyone if needed. The management at Chic Fit A acted as if they were one of us, always hands on helping us when needed, great management. The workplace itself is extremely clean, and a great place to be handling food and serving customers. The hardest part of the job would be of course rush hour, but it was always taken care of. The most enjoyable part of the job had to have been helping everyone out getting everything done together.
Pros
Great management, and co workers
Cons
Not always available hours
Fast paced place with friendly co-workers!
Cook (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 27, 2019
Chick-Fil-A is very fast paced with a lot of demands. Very challenging place for advanced people working in the culinary business! Everybody is nice and the company does offer discounts. Very flexible with school which is great for young people preparing themselves for their future.
Pros
Excellent pay for the field of work
Respectful
Cook/cashier (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 17, 2019
Working at CFA provided me with well rounded customer service skills. In order to be an successful employee, you had to master customer service. That is to my opinion how CFA strives over many opposes.
Good place to begin work experience
Cook (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 17, 2019
It was a good place for me to start working. The management was great, they were very engaging and informative. Was very fast paced but i was able to converse well with other workers.
Pros
Free food on break
Cons
Stress inducing
not a bad work environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MD 21740January 8, 2019
a typical day at work included making sandwiches and running the kitchen smoothly.

how to be on time and hard work

good manager and fair.

I was given more responsibilities the longer i worked there, i changed employees outlook on our work with positive energy.

hot kitchen

employees
Pros
free dinner
Cons
closed on Sundays
Management could be biased toward employees.
cook, cashier, server (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJanuary 7, 2019
Chick-fil-A is a very well established company which leads to in some cases poor management/ schedulers due to overs staffing. They are a company who is willing to bend to your schedule and is a very good company to work for part time. Especially if you are in school.
Pros
Free food and 1/2 off.
Cons
Scheduling hours varied with no consistency.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

55.1K
43.4K
31.9K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Chick-fil-A.

Powered by Comparably