Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews for Team Member

Found 1,750 reviews matching the search See all 11,652 reviews
Fun place
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAApril 23, 2019
It was okay just didn’t like the hours, that I was getting very nice place to work it just wasn’t the fit for me to work at and the pay was low no raise
Fun place to work when you feel like a family.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 23, 2019
I use to love working here, but the pay was not that great and they started doing a lot of changes. Many people have left due to that, so my work experience here right now is not the best.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Salary
Working at Chick-fill-A was great work experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 23, 2019
A typical day started at about 5:45 am till about 3 pm. Our store was very very busy and could be pretty stressful. I learned how to do a through job quickly and to be patient when customers and employees were challenging to work with. I learned very good customer service skills and relations. The workplace culture was usually fun, stressed and sometimes unprofessional. The hardest part of the job was the repetitiveness. The most enjoyable part was customer relations. It was really great to get to know the regulars and know them by name and actually get to know them.
Pros
Free lunches and 30 min lunchbreaks
Cons
No benifits and low wages
Fun fast paced starting job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 23, 2019
Great place for a high school teen to start working and develop individual skills. Working as a team, customer service, and healthy relationships are the foundation of this company.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no advancement or job security
Fast-paced environment with organized management
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 21, 2019
I enjoyed my time at Chick-Fil-A. There was never a dull moment and all my coworkers were very nice. Management was skilled and helpful. Time-off requests were respected.
Good for friends, bad for everything else
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bixby, OKApril 21, 2019
management (aside from maybe two managers) is judgmental, they are extremely biased but they wont tell you that. day crew only allows managers or team leads to do positions that everyone can do and should learn to do. there is almost no way to move up in the company.
Pros
great place to make friends and have as a first job
Cons
short breaks, everything else
Always Positive
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 21, 2019
This company is known for the positive atmosphere created by its employees, so it should be no surprise that there is also a positive bond amongst employees. Work hard and show kindness and you'll have a great experience.
Productive and fun workplace with great customer service
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAApril 21, 2019
A typical day at work would be serving customers with a bright smile. The management team is amazing. I would have no problem recommending a friend or family member to work at Chic-fil-A
Cool place for teenagers to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAApril 21, 2019
Chick-fil-A would be a great place to work if you’re a teenager . They don’t pay you much depending on your position. Most people start off at 8 a hour . If you want to work they will give you hours . It’s a fun work environment because it’s mostly teenagers. If you work for drive-thru , you going to have to be outside in all types of weather , hot, cold, rain, snow, it doesn’t matter . That’s one thing I didn’t like. Of course they give you water but sometimes it’s hard to drink because the drive thru is so packed and busy: Depending on your operator , there will be a lot of opportunities for you to advance . Overall it wasn’t a horrible place to work it’s just better if you’re a teenager . If you’re a young adult that’s trying to apply I suggest it wouldn’t be a good fit for you because there’s no benefits unless you’re full time which isn’t likely to happen .
Pros
Discount on food, scholarships, Sunday off
Cons
Pay, working in any kind of weather, management
Good first job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 20, 2019
This was a fun job, there were issues at my particular location but that happens sometimes. Chick-fil-a as a company is a good place to work for, I’d recommend it for people poking to work and go to school.
Very nice place to work. Also, love that it’s faith based and closed on sundays so I can attend church
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2019
Chick Fil a is the future. I recommend this job to anyone because the staff if so friendly and everyone loves chick Fil a. It’s a pleasure to be able to Serve the guests that like to dine in and even carry out
Pros
50% of meals. Friendly staff. Good pay
Cons
N/a
People were very friendly and other team members would take time to help you out when first learning the job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNApril 18, 2019
I learned how to balance multiple thing at once and adapt to rapidly changing situations. the hardest part of the job was closing shifts because depending on the day it would change.
fun and different
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLApril 17, 2019
This job is fun and the workers are so nice. times do get stressful during the lunch and dinner rush but all in all its fun. The team effort in everything is awesome.
What you learned
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Porter, TXApril 17, 2019
When i first started to work i was a very shy person with no experience in anything. my last couple of jobs have given me so much more knowledge in different things that i can now use to proceed in my career.
Pros
free food
Cons
only 30 min lunch
Crazy work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCApril 17, 2019
CRAZY. Fast paced. stressful. This job is not easy by an means it is always busy and people can be rude, but it is the only fast food restaurant I would recommend working at.
Good stepping stone job.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VAApril 16, 2019
Pay isn't great but a good place for starting out and learning financial and job skills. Management is full of nepotism and no performance reviews were conducted while I worked there.
Okay workplace bad management lotsof workers
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 15, 2019
flexible hours which is good, the culture is nice, i didnt' support that the companysfounder donates the companies money to anti lgbt groups though and I didn't feel like the pay was enough for the numerous fast paced duties we have to do all day, stand out side, etc
Very productive and fast paced workplace, always being kept busy
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXApril 14, 2019
I really enjoyed working here, my coworkers were very friendly and the guests made the experience more enjoyable as well. The management is very well organized and the store was always kept in order.
Owner/Operator is Awful
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 13, 2019
I loved working at Chickfila until school started and I was forced to leave. The owner/operator decided I had to leave without a two week's notice, although i was fully willing to put in the effort and endure the stress. Eventually let me return, as i was a valuable employee and my coworkers loved working with me. The whole time afterwards, the owner/operator guilted me for everything. Manipulating me. He acted as if it was by the grace of God that he let me come back and that i owed him everything.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
No raises
great to get discounts
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 12, 2019
this was my first job with a corporate company. i think it was good at first but later on the pay wasnt good for alot of work and stressed fast passed job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

55.2K
43.5K
32K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss