Chick-fil-A Culture reviews

Found 2,313 reviews matching the search See all 10,333 reviews
First Job
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GANovember 18, 2018
As everyone knows, CFA is a wonderful company to work for. This was my first job and it was a great first job. Wonderful people to work with and the company even gave me a scholarship.
Productive and Fair
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLNovember 17, 2018
Typical work day included taking the customers orders, making sure the merchandise was stocked and cleaning the restaurant.

This being my first job Iearned how to be a people person and work with people even if they were not satisfied.

Management was good and worked with its employees. If someone needed off they worked with you to take off and be covered. Also if you wanted to make up the hours they worked with you in order to help you do so.

Workplace Culture is excellent! Even when having a bad day at work the team and environment made everything work while. I never dreaded having to go into work.

The hardest part of the job was working with customers that would not be satisfies no matter what you did. You know the type of people. No matter what you do they will find something to complain about.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the comradery with the staff. It's a great first experience for a job field as a highschooler.
Pros
Clean Culture, Teaches responsibility, Teaches Teamwork
Productive environment with a few flaws.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Blue Springs, MONovember 16, 2018
Each Chick Fil A is a individually owned restaurant owned by their operators. Due to this franchising method, the results won't always be the same at every Chick Fil A. In Blue Springs, Mo, The experience wasn't a bad one, but neither was it an amazing one. I had been given the opportunity to work there since 2016. The culture of the specific store has changed a bit, due to change of attitude and employees. The way the employees are treated by managers is fair, but mostly hit or miss. In some cases, the way a manager in my experience had lead myself and others was mainly irritating. But if you get in the managers good side, you're bound to have a wonderful time in CFA.
Pros
Good atmosphere, no creepy coworkers, and peers who care.
Cons
Hit or miss management
Amazing place to work
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARNovember 14, 2018
I loved it there! Working everyday was just wonderful and the staff (including myself) was the best part and the lovely homey atmosphere! Would recommend this job.
a typical day at work
Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 14, 2018
With sesame place next door to the facility it was crazy at times with lines out the door and in drive through lines all the way back. Nit only during the summer time it was busy but holidays was just as crazy. we all needed to be there with our full attention and willingness to work. With the multi culture coming through you needed to understand where they come from and movements of each individual. I would always stay connected with guests until they are satisfied with the experience. It was stressful at times sure, but there would always be a time when everyone was understanding and came together as a family. I was always there for people who needed help emotionally(my employees). there was rarely a dull moment and if there was we would stock up what's needed at the time.
Pros
we got $6.70 worth of food
Cons
no benifits
Competitive
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 14, 2018
Competitive face paced job it was fun with the associates I’ve worked with manager wise it could’ve been better but with everything in it it was an okay job i worked at the one in the Charlotte douglass International Airport
It has a good work environment
Cahier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2018
A typical work day here goes nice and smooth I don’t feel rushed at all and everyone here is helpful towards me if I need help I can just ask any other team member
Best Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTNovember 13, 2018
I worked here on and off for over 3 years and absolutely loved it! Had really great management and the best coworkers. It's a great place to work although it does get busy and can get stressful.
Pros
Cons
Can get super busy
High Life...
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaNovember 13, 2018
Great people and the customers were awesome. This was the first job I ever had and I owe a lot to my first boss. He taught me a lot and built a family while working there.
Pros
The people
Cons
Money - Not Enough
Positive and fun workplace
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, VANovember 12, 2018
I loved working at CFA. Great management and a great company to work for! Sunday’s off are great. Sometimes we had meetings on Sunday’s but at the CFA I worked at, the meetings were paid so that was nice. I wouldn’t mind going back to work at CFA!
Good job experience
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 12, 2018
A typical day at work generally starts at the front register then rotates to drive thru and back. I learned great teamwork as well as working independently.
Best job I ever had
Director of Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCNovember 10, 2018
Servant Leadership is the most important thing you will learn. Fast paced, hard work, competitive and fun team working together to be the best! Great learning experience
Fun and friendly work environment
Cashier, Prep (Current Employee) –  Delran, NJNovember 9, 2018
You need to be fast and alert even in stressful situations. You need to know how to communicate and work with others. The hardest part of the job is how stressful it can get when theres a rush, or a negative customer interaction. The most enjoyable part of the job is your coworkers and being able to make others happy.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Scheduling issues
busy, fast-paced, fun job
TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, MDNovember 8, 2018
Very busy seeing a lot of costumers a day, sometimes seeing regulars and being able to create a relationship with them. Making friends with coworkers. Being able to due a different job or learn something new everyday you work.
My Pleasure!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 8, 2018
Love it! I believe that everyone needs to try working at a customer service position at least once to understand and learn people skills. And Chick-fil-A does a great job at filling that role, great culture, great product. Nothing bad I can say about my time here, always enjoyable to work with a great company.
Pros
Discounts of food, great management, great clientele
Cons
Sometimes go out on sunny/hot days for drive-thru
Different Per store
Night Shift manager (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GANovember 7, 2018
Each store is owned by a different operator, therefore each store will have a different work environment and culture. It is very fast past. There are plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and advance.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CA 92024November 7, 2018
A good place to start learning customer service and becoming accustomed to working on a team. This is a great environment to work in and train to have a good attitude.
Pros
Free food, fun team
Cons
Busy rushes in the drive thru
Fast-paced and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GANovember 6, 2018
You have to be on your toes, because it's always busy. You should also be aware of where everything is. I learned how to work with all kinds of people. I also learned how to stock correctly.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2018
Free food for your shift ... awesome workers and staff !!! Customers were always nice even when you mess up . Great place to work. Easy to move up get promoted and raise .. a lot of growth !!
Pros
Free lunch, great pay
Quick paced and friendly
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ridley Park, PANovember 3, 2018
This is a great place to work at sad I had to leave but their typical day at work would start out slow till you hit lunch hour and it gets seriously busy. I learned how to make milkshakes and work a drive thru. The managers are so helpful and friendly. They are Christian, which means the company is closed on sundays. Trying to keep up during rush hour is kinda a hard part of the job. I loved meeting friendly people and working with friendly co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

54.7K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Chick-fil-A.

Powered by Comparably