Chick-fil-A Culture reviews

Found 2,400 reviews matching the search See all 10,797 reviews
Chick-fil-A is a Great Place to Work!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXJanuary 16, 2019
First, Chick-fil-A is a fast-paced environment where one must do his best. It especially becomes very busy during the lunch rush as one might imagine. Also, in contrast to other fast food restaurants, Chick-fil-A has a larger number of employees (at least from what I have seen).
I have learned that the customer is always right, how to obey management when it doesn't seem the most efficient thing to do, and I have learned many skills such as money skills, cleaning the lobby, and teamwork with coworkers.
There is a great culture here at Chick-fil-A! The management/employees are encouraging and friendly, and we always try to smile even though we might not be happy so that we don't someone else unhappy because of our poor attitudes.
To me, the hardest part of the job is the learning the system and just starting out.
The most enjoyable thing for me to do is what we call running, which means you bring out peoples order to them.
Pros
Free Employee Meal per shift, Direct Deposit, and Great People
Cons
Low base salary
fun and very competitive
Guest relations (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INJanuary 16, 2019
its a safe and clean way to work. very nice people and workers.it's a lovely place to have friends at work. their environment is amazing. they are also very respectful at all times.
Pros
great enviorment to work
Cons
less pay
productive
Team Member (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 14, 2019
Chick-fil-a can be stressful...It is going through changes to management is stressed. I love the other employees we look after one another. The hardest part of the job is dealing with management.
Quick paced and fun
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAJanuary 14, 2019
Working at Chickfila has been one of the biggest blessings in my life. I've learned a lot about people along with learning more about myself. I love the customers along with the coworkers. It is an amazing place to work at, very flexible around scheduling, loving and caring coworkers, positive environment.
Pros
free lunch, lovely envirment
Cons
short breaks, very busy
i enjoyed saying my pleasure
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 14, 2019
A typical day at Chick-Fli-A is enjoyable, i learned how to work as a team, the work place cutler was diverse, the hardest part of working their was their really wasn't any hard parts the mast enjoyable part was getting store discounts from other stores in the mall.
Wonderful Company Culture/ Can easily take over life.
Marketing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 13, 2019
I loved working for Chick-fil-A. Each store is a little different, but we all have the same purpose. Being part of the leadership is extremely rewarding, but also incredibly exhausting. We strive for excellence in all that we do, and there is often a great deal of expectation placed on leadership. Typically, you are required to work 30+ hours in operations, and then you can have a little bit of time to actually manage your area. If you're not a driven individual, and results do not drive you, then Chick-fil-A may not be for you.
Pros
Great Culture, Team Focus, Leadership growth
Cons
Short breaks, Tiring, High Expectations
loved this place great place to work
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSJanuary 13, 2019
great business to work for fast past job and you have to be a hard worker and have to be able to as a team member i worked this job through highschool
Chick fil a can be stressful but enjoyable also
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 13, 2019
A normal day for me consisted of me making the schedule for my kitchen team, getting to work, looking at if there is any major orders such as orders over 25 sandwiches or nugget trays. Since I work in the kitchen you can imagine how hot s can get back there also having to deal with getting burns and cuts all over my hands and arms. The hardest part of the job for me is dealing with the management and trying to keep a level head. The most enjoyable part is having great conversation with my fellow team members.
Pros
Teaches great customer service
Cons
management, pay rate
Good company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2019
Great company to start out working for. Great environment, good culture, amazing service to their communities and an overall love for their customers.
Very team based culture that's profitable
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAJanuary 11, 2019
Learned a lot, fast pace, competitive, friendly, efficient
great customer environment, excellent in customer service
great food, very clean
solid management team
Fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 11, 2019
I would definitely recommend working for this company . Very fun , productive, friendly and family oriented. Pays great and you work hard for your money.
Great place!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 11, 2019
Management works well together with team members. Well team lead. Things are very quickly done. Chick-fil-A has amazing customer service that I was proud to be apart of
Overall great place to work
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Sicklerville, NJJanuary 9, 2019
It was a great place to work (for it being my first job).
I learned a lot about myself and how I like to do things when I work that stuck with me to this day. Hardest part was probably the drive-thru at first with how quick everything is, but in turn it was the most fun.
Positive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAJanuary 8, 2019
Chikc-fil-A is a great fast paced job. The pay is great and the experience you gain is amazing. Great job for any age! Hours are flexible and the staff is great
The management didn't work together as a team and constantly blamed each other.
Manager (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAJanuary 8, 2019
The managers are incompetent and not willing to go the extra mile to help their team members or guest. The managers lack the integrity to take the blame for a failing business and poor culture.
Pros
Chick-fil-A corporate reputation will follow you anywhere.
Cons
Poor leadership except for one and he came from another store.
Fun work place kind staff.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 7, 2019
Working here is amazing cool staff serving great kind customers everyone happy great food. Really an awesome place to work especially if you wanna be around happy people. Team members help each other while also helping customers.
Pros
Pay lunch
Cons
Very fun and enjoyable environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 7, 2019
Amazing environment and learned to work good with co-workers and management. A typical day at work was very busy but handled very well. The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
short breaks
Not a bad first job
Night Team Leader/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 7, 2019
The work at Chick-Fil-a is very fast paced, especially during lunch and dinner rush hours. Team members are expected to learn every aspect of drive thru and front counter work. Management is usually good. The culture is more uptight but rewarding if you work hard. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers combined with the pace of the job.
Keeps you on your toes.
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCJanuary 7, 2019
I actually enjoy working here. It is a great place to meet new people and to communicate with others. You learn more than just how to be nice but also how to resolve problems.
Pros
$7.10 for break food.
Cons
Learning to work well with others.
Great work environment with opportunities to serve others and cultivate leadership skills
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 7, 2019
Chick-Fil-A is a generous company that invests in its team members and surrounding community. Through my experience here, I have learned how to run shifts and be an effective leader in a fast-paced work environment. Team-members are selectively hired which creates a fun and diverse work culture with dependable people.The most challenging component of the job is customer service. However, it is also rewarding to delight guests after resolving any issues that may arise.
Pros
Free meals for 4+ hour shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

54.9K

3.1InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight