Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews

almost like a family
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 11, 2018
This company gave me a family to work with, it was an amazing company to work for and I enjoyed going into work everyday. They helped me with flexible hours and throughout my life, Always busy so always something to do. Just a fun environment.
Fast Paced Job
Backroom Worker (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 10, 2018
You come in at 7. Set up for breakfast then go to lunch at 8 for 30 minutes then work for the rest of the day. There is good and bad just like any job.
Fun place to work but poor management and staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chamblee, GAAugust 10, 2018
I liked it at first and then I didn’t so much. Owner was expecting more than what we could do. I gotta say that sometimes she’s rude and not professional like it should.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, healthcare
Good environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCAugust 10, 2018
This job was good for me I learned a whole lot I didn't know before and I will always be grateful to them. They have very good management and they are quick paced.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Gets packed and stressful sometimes
Fun place to work
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 10, 2018
My typical day was in the afternoon after school. I would run the front. I learned how to do a lot of new things. I felt slighted when they brought someone in from the outside to hire for a management position that I had to help train. The main reason I left the job because i felt it wasn't fair.
good good job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 10, 2018
good job i love this job. i met people. they were great. great management. i loved it. nice work. they work hard but nice to each other. I met new people
Employee (Current Employee) –  South Riding, VAAugust 10, 2018
The team members are great and work diligently. I have had few problems in my time at working there. The work dose get fast paced at times but the team members and mangers will help in any way they can.
Pros
Free meals after shifts, great management
Overall was a okay job but the people there were nice people
Back of House Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXAugust 10, 2018
The Job was a bit different then usually especially when I was going in at 5am that was the main difficulty for me to wake up that early and go into work
They have everything good but overwork you
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 10, 2018
Chick fil a helped with communication skills with customers and trained others where they were needed. The only problem was that they let rumors get out of hand and overworked the people who did their job right rather than teaching others how to do it better
Pros
free food, nice people
Cons
short breaks
Great First Job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 9, 2018
CFA is a great job for a young person, or the person just looking for a part time job not offering benefits or high compensation. It is very strict but a relaxing environment with good people.
great
TEAM MEMBER -SEASONAL (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, MDAugust 9, 2018
My very first job. Set the standard on how to tret people and how i should be treated by peers and management. Great place to grow if its your first time in the work force.
Chick fila
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INAugust 9, 2018
They was busy in the mall an the not much space for customers an workers an it was always clean friendly service it was always fresh an great team work
Pros
Off sundays
Cons
Not much time paid off
The Team Members Made The Company
Director (Current Employee) –  Evans, GAAugust 9, 2018
With everyone coming in and having a positive attitude, it made work easier and more enjoyable. Without that, it would've been more difficult to enjoy work.
Pros
relationships formed
Cons
no benefits
A great first job in the food industry.
Cashier/Bagger (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 9, 2018
This is a really good job for people who want to work hard in a friendly and flexible work environment. It's probably ideal for younger people who don't have a lot of expenses but still want a decent income and that tends to be the case majority of the employees there. There aren't really a lot of benefits aside from the small discount you get and the potential scholarships for college. Be prepared for an extremely fast paced and ever-busy day at work. The better you can control your stress the better you'll do. The up-side of that is that you'll learn how to stay calm and keep up with high-volume business because eventually you get used to it.
Fast paced, fun environment
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 9, 2018
Everyone meets everyone, and the environment is so friendly. It feels like working with your family. I learned a lot about communication and how to work well with people. The management is pretty good. All of them went out of their way to get to know employees, and make everyone feel comfortable. When a decision had to be made, they all made a decision fast, and put a lot of thought into it. The culture is so friendly to everyone. It is very easy to meet people and have a good time while working. The hardest part of the job was fixing issues on how the store was running. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to know everyone who worked there.
Pros
Free meals, friendly environment
Cons
Short breaks, demand for hours
Prductive and fun
Crew (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GA 30517August 9, 2018
Lots of hours
Looking to move on with my career
Looking for better Job opportunities
Looking to work with a company that allows me to move on towards my dream Job
Pros
Half off
Best workplace if you are in food service
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXAugust 8, 2018
CFA is a good company driven by its values. Depending on the store the wages are very good and the management is the best I have ever worked with. There could be a little better culture in the workplace as not all ideas are respected and the morning and night shifts did not get along well. But the work is fairly simple and very doable. Hours were always flexible. It is a good job.
Pros
free food on break, 30 minute break per shift, cleanly
Cons
no benefits
Very busy
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 8, 2018
Working Chick-fil-a you have to be on top of your gae. It's very fast paced and always slammed with business. A typical lunch hour, you pull 250 cars through the drive-thru alone. That doesn't count the lunch rush inside.
Stressful Management and cleanliness galore
Team Member (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CT 06473August 8, 2018
The free chicken sandwich was one of the only things keeping me at Chic-fil-a after a while. The management were extremely rude to staff and would constantly talk bad about me behind my back. You had to throw out the cooked chicken at the end of the day, which is just a waste of food that could definitely benefit one's household.
It was a mess and the fact that we were the chain that was extremely clean and healthy meant we had to put in double the work to keep it up to par. It was just a hassle.
Pros
Free meal, Free drinks
Cons
Productive and fun place to work in
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAAugust 8, 2018
This was my first job and it was so nice to work there. Everybody was nice and took their time to train you right. They also promote people very frequently. It’s a very loving place.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

54.3K
42.8K
31.6K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight