Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews

Found 9,799 reviews matching the search See all 9,814 reviews
Chef (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2018
My time at Chick-fil-A was good, but I wanted to become manger an they was playing around with me I went threw manger training an learned almost everything so I had to find something else
Chick-fil-A is a great place to work.
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLSeptember 14, 2018
Chick-fil-A is full of very loving, caring and supportive team members and leadership. They push you to reach your goals, they are always encouraging and they truly care about their employees.

It’s a fast paced work environment, teaches you how to multitask, and work in a timely manner. It also teaches you how to treat customers and how to solve issues in a professional way.
Pros
Free lunches, family like.
Cons
Short breaks, average pay.
Fun workplace
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 14, 2018
It’s a good job when you are in high school . You will like the young people who are about your age and you and then will probably have fun . After awhile you get tired because the managers want you to work long hours from 6-2 and only get paid 9.50. And they expect you to a lot and rely on you. But I don’t mind proving that I can be counted on and there really flexablie with hours .
Pros
Free break food
Cons
30 mins break
Amazing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 14, 2018
A great place to work and to be at. I loved to work there met all kinds of new people still have contact with them on facebook sweet kind caring place to work
It is an awesome place to work and a very friendly environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCSeptember 14, 2018
They normally try to give you as many hours as you ask for. They are normally pretty good about giving you days off that you request and the team is awesome.
Pros
Free food, free beverages as long as you have your cup
Family all the way!
Training/HR Director (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GASeptember 14, 2018
Chick-fil-A turned into another family for me! They care about you, the help you advance in your job and in your personal life. It was the best job I could have ever received.
Great place to work and grow!
Unit Training Director (Current Employee) –  Poland, OHSeptember 14, 2018
I have worked for chickfila for 8 years now. It’s my first job. They have taught me how to be a responsible young adult. Management here as taught me about planning and basing my desicions off of the morals of the company.
Pros
Meals are free on break, paid vacation after so many years.
Enjoyable and great first time job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCSeptember 14, 2018
This is a great place to work as your first job to get a feel for what is required and expected of you. Very reasonable in most aspects. Management wasn't what it should've been at he time. But overall not a bad place at all
Pros
Free food for your breaks with a price limit
Cons
Doing duties that aren't your position
Great workplace. Extremely rewarding if you work hard!
Assistant Manager/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  MDSeptember 13, 2018
This job isn't necessarily easy. If you have been to any Chick-fil-A, you know that they value fast and accurate service. Therefore, there can be some stress to always be happy & pleasant, fast, and make little to no mistakes. This stress leads to some leaving the job, but if you continually work hard, your hard work will be rewarded. Most locations try to create opportunities for advancement. This all being said, the work environment, though stressful, is happy and usually uplifting. Managers and coworkers are typically pleasant and can become lifelong friends or valuable references. Highly recommend for a first job experience—you will learn many life lessons and valuable skill sets!
Pros
some locations offer free or discounted meals
Cons
stressful
Very fast pace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PASeptember 13, 2018
This is a very fast paced environment. For example, they try to have 30 seconds or less per car in the drive thru. Most of the other employees that I worked with were also high school/early college students. Our discount was 50% off one meal per shift.
workplace culture
TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 13, 2018
The culture and environment of the Chick-fil-A workplace is very welcoming. You make connections with both co-workers and guests. It is a great opportunity to make friends and improve on multiple different skills, such as communication, sales, customer service, and leadership/
Pros
free food, flexible hours
Cons
fast food
Challenging, but good.
GUEST SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTSeptember 13, 2018
Pretty good! I enjoyed interacting with customers, but the fast pace made it almost impossible to have as much conversation as I'd like. I often felt like I needed to be perfect in order to keep up with the standard they set, which was both a good thing and a bad thing. I was pushed to do better, which is always good, but it was hard to keep up with. Overall, I'd recommend it, because it was a good learning experience from the get-go.
Pros
Free lunches every shift
Cons
High-paced environment
A Family Oriented Work Place
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 13, 2018
I Used to work at a Chick fil a and it was my first job to have experienced such a nice and relaxed vibe from everyone that worked and as well the customers that would come in and enjoy a meal.
I am Christian myself and love that there is such a beautiful harmony among many of the people that work there and have no issues with any customers and if they happen to run into a problem they are very
concerning and are polite in any situation given, and fix it right away with no problems. I LOVE IT PERSONALLY!!
great
Team member (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXSeptember 13, 2018
my experience there was great and everything i worked hard and my days could be flexable around school when i was attening and it was a fast paced always on your toes doing something kind of job
Adequate Workplace
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJSeptember 13, 2018
Some opportunity for advancement. Never a dull moment. Some internal issues but that of course varies from franchise to franchise. Solid pay given the position.
Quick paced environment and fun place to be
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARSeptember 13, 2018
When I worked at Chick-fil-A everyday was a new experience, where I learned more. The atmosphere there was always positive and friendly. The people I worked with had a lasting impression on me that I will never forget.
Pros
Free lunch, good staff
Could've been a better work environment
Assistant Manager/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Bosses were awesome at my store but didn't like the employees so much. I feel that I could've been paid more for how much time and energy I put into the store everyday working sometimes up to 60 hours a week.
Good environment, poor management
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALSeptember 12, 2018
I loved working at CFA, and it was the only fast food restaurant that I wanted to work at because of the environment/reputation it holds. While I did enjoy work, I found my location to have a lack of good management. The operator did not give clear directions and was not as involved as he should have been since the store was brand new.
Pros
free meals, 8 hour shifts, off the clock discounts
Cons
only one 30 minute breaks, lack of communication, not flexible with schedule, hard to move up
stressful
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILSeptember 12, 2018
not so bad if you have good managers. I did not like this job but it was probably my location. i have no good experiences. i love serving people though. that made up for the bad.
Great people but i would not recommend
Cook (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 12, 2018
Dont let them push you around and dont let them always put you dishes was a clean working environment but theyvwould get on your nerves and if you get behind they will just pin it against you and say its your fault /problem and not help you out
Pros
Food was paid for already for employees
Cons
30 min breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

54.5K
42.9K
31.7K

Diversity score

73out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Chick-fil-A.

Powered by Comparably