Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews

Found 10,521 reviews matching the search See all 10,537 reviews
Fun and flexible but that’s about it
Store Manager and Director of Training (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 24, 2018
Depending on the operator you work for, you may experience more benefits than what I did. The franchise operator I worked for did not believe in fair compensation, growth, or any sort of leader mentorship. She was never in her store and was consistently completely out of touch with what was going on in her business. Chick-fil-A as a whole, is a great company with great values, you just have to do a lot of legwork to pick a good franchise operator to work for. Mine was awful and was only in the business to make money.
Pros
Free food, flexible hours, fun
Cons
Overworked and underpaid, very little room for growth
My least favorite job
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSNovember 12, 2018
This has been by far the worst job I have ever had. Poor hours, poor pay, poor management, and poor benefits. To start it off, I hate mass interviews which is what you are going to get, and if that does not show you how fast they go through employees I do not know what will. Secondly, they refused to give me more than 5 hours a week which meant I was spending more money to work there than I got from it. Lastly, I left because I could not catch a break from my supervisor singling me out, my boss never remembered my name even though I worked there for 6 months, and they wrote me up because some girl gave me her hours to work, because I needed them, and then proceeded to write me up because she got fired and did not notify me or them.
Pros
(Fluctuating food allowance)
Cons
Hella
I loved the company and the atmosphere in which the company provided for guests and team.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 22, 2018
Chick-fil-A is a exciting employer to grow and challenge yourself in a an everyday setting. Friendships grew as if we were a family, while serving high quality product and giving tremendous service for all who come into contact.
Pros
Development opportunities, productive thinking, leadership matrix roles, working while having fun/listening to music
Cons
Not much room to grow in pay, cared a lot more on profit than people at current location
Amazing co-workers, horrible managing
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAOctober 23, 2018
Very paced work day, with very few slow moments. I learned a lot about multitasking. Amazing co-workers, but the managers were over the top and thought they owned the store, but switched up when the actual owner came. Hard part is dealing with rude customers when the managers don't do their job to protect you. I enjoyed meeting new people who were hired along with me abroad and such.
Pros
50% off of food
Cons
Low pay, rude customers, extreme managers
It was stressful.
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJOctober 22, 2018
At the time it felt like the managers were still learning from the employees but I'm not sure if that's still the case. The managers were still very nice. There is room for advancement but the job did require a lot of hours. Had to be clean shaven and after a while the classic "chick fil a" customer service became a burden to keep up. Overall expected too much out of the workers but the pay was worth it.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
No one wants to pick up your shift and it's a demanding job
It is a second family
Team Member Trainer (Current Employee) –  Chester, MDOctober 23, 2018
Often times you hear you should love your coworkers and they should be like another family to you. That is exactly how Chick-Fil-A Kent Island is. You could never go to work and stay in a bad mood. Yes, you could be doing your least favorite job. But that is forgotten when you're surrounded by an amazing group of people which is not only the workers but even times the guests. Everyday it was allowed that you do an IAK which is an intentional act of kindness. Where you pick someone and you give them their entire meal for free. It could be "just because" or you may know that they are having a hard day or something bad is going on and this is the easiest burden to lift off of them, paying for their meal.
Pros
Free Meal
Cons
Usually no overtime
An Excellent Place to Work
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Windermere, FLOctober 25, 2018
At Chick-fil-A, you can get assigned to a variety of jobs. The main one of those for teens and new team members is the register position, where you take orders and provide general customer service. I've learned a lot about people skills, and the management is always great. Sometimes dealing with certain customers can be hard, but it's always great to work with nice people.
Pros
Free break food, 50 percent off while off duty.
Great customers, CFA is good for young people.
Opening/Day Manager (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXOctober 20, 2018
I work at Chick-fil-A for over a decade the best part of working at Chick-fil-A it's the customers. The average day was usually very fast-paced and busy. Most of the coworkers are good people. The culture at the Chick-fil-A that I worked at was and I quote "why plan ahead when we can run it by the seat of our pants" that was The Operators philosophy. I do not think that was the company Philosophy. Generally I enjoyed working at Chick-fil-A, my operator was somewhat difficult to work for.
My Pleasure!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 8, 2018
Love it! I believe that everyone needs to try working at a customer service position at least once to understand and learn people skills. And Chick-fil-A does a great job at filling that role, great culture, great product. Nothing bad I can say about my time here, always enjoyable to work with a great company.
Pros
Discounts of food, great management, great clientele
Cons
Sometimes go out on sunny/hot days for drive-thru
Fun enjoyable stressful workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 19, 2018
Working at Chick-fil-a is a fun and different experience. From the start you're trained on how to respect and respond to the customers to provide them with the best possible service. The coworkers were always friendly and we always got along. Management is pretty good and they assist wherever possible. Most of the guests are nice but there have been a few times guests have thrown their food at us. LUNCH IS ALWAYS BUSY. Its also very fast passed as Chick-fil-a strives to get food out as quick as possible
Productive environment with a few flaws.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Blue Springs, MONovember 16, 2018
Each Chick Fil A is a individually owned restaurant owned by their operators. Due to this franchising method, the results won't always be the same at every Chick Fil A. In Blue Springs, Mo, The experience wasn't a bad one, but neither was it an amazing one. I had been given the opportunity to work there since 2016. The culture of the specific store has changed a bit, due to change of attitude and employees. The way the employees are treated by managers is fair, but mostly hit or miss. In some cases, the way a manager in my experience had lead myself and others was mainly irritating. But if you get in the managers good side, you're bound to have a wonderful time in CFA.
Pros
Good atmosphere, no creepy coworkers, and peers who care.
Cons
Hit or miss management
Fun place to work, but can get really stressful and fast during meal rushes.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Centerville, UTNovember 5, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Chick-fil-A. The pay was less than I would have liked but they were very flexible with my school and football schedule. Free meal every time you work and unlimited drinks. Half-off whenever you come on your own time. As far as fast food goes, this might be as good as it gets.
Pros
Free meals, discounts, fun people
Cons
low wage, stressful at times, can get monotonous
Great learning enviornment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 18, 2018
Arrived daily at 5 a.m., turned on all kitchen appliances, then moved on to setting up the front of the store to open at 6 a.m.. I started inventory at 9 a.m. daily and inputted the order at 10 a.m.. Depending upon which position needed the most attention i would either bag, do head set, window, front counter, or help in the kitchen. While at Chick-fil-A I learned the importance speed, quality of food and service with attention to detail. As for management for me it was to always pay attention to detail. The culture was very family orientated and about helping each other. The hardest part of the job was trying to stay ahead of the rush. The best part was always trying to break records.
Pros
family enviornment
Cons
n/a
Fast paced and fine except for poor management
Back of House Cook (Former Employee) –  7597 N Mesa St, El Paso, TX 79912November 25, 2018
The job was very fast paced and consistent along with a good pay but with the owner of the store not always being there management fell onto team leaders and many were unfit for the job, constantly making it hard on others and actively trying to get others fired
Pros
sundays always off, no graveyard, 7 dollar free meal, discount.
Cons
poor management, really fast paced and tone deaf management.
Nice job, poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Branson, MONovember 7, 2018
Great first job, but poor management. Honestly better working here than any other fast food place in the area. Very fast, you'll be on your feet for 8 hours but get a free meal after every shift, employee discounts and decent coworkers. Everyone loves their jobs. One of the managers often come in with an attitude, though.
Pros
Free meals, employee discounts, great workplace and manageable customers
Cons
Physically challenging
Rewarding, but exhausting
Team member- multiple roles (Current Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLOctober 16, 2018
Very fast paced environment. shifts range from 4-6 hours, minimal breaks. focus is on customer service, and it becomes exhausting because of the constant working with the public. I learned a lot about customer service, multitasking, and life, management was incredible, they really care about you and it felt like a tight-knit group to work with.
Pros
great management, competitive pay, free food
Cons
rare breaks, long hours, too much customer service at times
Fun working place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 16, 2018
Placed and application and was called a couple weeks later and did an over the phone interview, then was called in for a second interview with the manager. I was asked about school and my toughest classes, and about myself and things I like to do and my availability. I haven’t been there long but the environment is nice but it’s really fast paced and hectic and times but my coworkers and I collaborate which makes working there Easy.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Can be stressful
Fun environment, but the culture has changed.
Training and Development Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 25, 2018
Worked here for over 10 years and they are far less people-oriented than they used to be. I have been a director for a few years and consistently make 30% less than my male counterparts even with more experience. Great place to work if you are a 30-40 yr old white male.
Pros
Free lunches, health/dental insurance, fun coworkers
Cons
Short breaks, sexist culture, inconsistent corporate values
Very professional environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 15, 2018
A typical day working at Chick-fil-a would be very busy. Mealtime rushes would almost always pack the store to the brim. I learned a lot at this job because it was my first, such as customer service. The workplace culture was professional, but still had the regular job problems within the staff. The hardest part of the job for me was managing the stress of really big rushes when I was working on a headset or drive-thru. The most enjoyable part of working here was good management.
Pros
Free meals per/5 hours of work
Cons
No breaks for a certain minimum amount of time on a shift, partial religious bias
Overall great company,but lack of benefits and growth is a deterrent.
DRIVE THRU DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHOctober 14, 2018
The company is an excellent place to start in leadership and excel to the levels above within the tiers of supervisor and leadership before you move into management.Once you get into management there aren't many opportunities to become higher management. Medical benefits are not offered and that is one of the main deterrents for long term employment especially employees with family. The pay scale is excellent in comparison to other venues of the same concept.
Pros
Excellent customer service, pride in position with company and comparable pay.
Cons
No benefits and length of service before vacation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

54.8K
43.2K
31.8K

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight