Chickasaw Nation Industries Employee Reviews

Best Contractor I have worked for!
Admissions & Disposition Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nellis AFB, NVMarch 24, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed the work environment and communication with the company. I was always made aware of any upcoming changes to the contract that was up for renewal. I would highly recommend this company and their work ethic to the employee.
Pros
everything
Making producetion
Laundry Worker (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKMarch 4, 2019
Hard working worker,good to work for go home early when every was done everybody got alone with each other most the time even the managers work alone be side us to make everythink got done right
Pros
Free lunch sometime
Cons
Short brake
Good management and compensation
DBA (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MarylandFebruary 6, 2019
competitive salary, flexible work schedule, tel-commute, nice working environment. Management team is good and cares employee's feeling and always tries to reduce working pressure...
Cons
job depends government contract, not secured.
Insurance
Atali Clothing Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKJanuary 26, 2019
I had a bad manager who just wanted me gone and wasn’t understanding. I witnessed two deaths and I took off work for that. My boss wouldn’t let me use my sick leave for any of the days I was gone.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Bad management
Bonus and Awards for Job well done
Case Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJanuary 24, 2019
Growth within the company. Overtime for available to those who could work it. ability to move to different departments based performance. It didn't matter what your color was or what you believe all that matter was how hard you worked.
Pros
overtime and growth within
Cons
mantory over time
Busy child support office for native americans
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKNovember 26, 2018
as one of 5 legal assistant I provided services for 13 different counties and handled all workman comp and personal injury claims. Provided support with DNA testing and Paternity files.
Pros
Worked with attorney directly
Cons
Stressful with poor managment
Fantastic company to work for
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 14, 2018
Great company to work for..

I'm not exactly sure why this is relevant but the only reason I left working for them was because I relocated to another state. If they had employment in the state of Florida, I would still be working for them.
Pros
great benefit and never micro-managed
Not horrible
Senior Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYOctober 5, 2018
Your hours are set so you work Mon-Fri. 7-4 with an hour for lunch. You get 2 weeks paid vacation a year and 1 week personal/sick time. There is not option for over time and no room for progress or growth. Which is unfortunate because I LOVE my job, but knowing that no matter how long I work there and how hard I work I will never make more money. With that I know that there will come a day that I will need to change careers. Other than that not a bad company to work for.
Pros
Set hours
Cons
Cap on income.
enjoyed the actual work, company is terrible
Remote Pilot Operator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 28, 2018
do not work for this company. They tried to cut our wages by about 6 dollars an hour, So we had to threaten to go on strike, only then would they even listen to our demands
Military work environment
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 26, 2018
Open the clinic 30 min prior to seeing patients
Turn on the oxygen and nitrous tanksTurn on computers, digital x-ray and sterilizer
Review the days schedule,review all lab cases
Morning huddle prior to seeing patients
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
2 year contract
Good coworkers, management hit or miss, tedious job
Records Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 25, 2018
The people on my team at CNI have all been, without exception, very friendly, helpful and easygoing. The management is a bit more hit and miss. The top project manager is very good and clearly knows what she’s doing. She’s very open and honest with employees and very helpful and willing to assist, despite the fact that she has an incredibly busy schedule. However, in the course of less than a year, my direct supervisor has changed 3 times. My first supervisor was very good, knew how to work with and communicate with employees and was always helpful. The second was, frankly, not suited for a management position. She did not communicate very well with employees, let issues boil over until they hit crisis mode, picked favorites and made her irritation and dislike of people quite clear. It was obvious that she was made manager because of her friendship with other people within the company rather than her own skillset. The third manager was a vast improvement, communicating with employees, being accessible, very easy to communicate with, took care of things before they became problems, and actually worked on solutions with those who worked under her rather than just getting irritated.

The other major problem is actually the work itself. It’s not that the work is too difficult or that they don’t train you well. The exact opposite is actually true. The work is ridiculously easy, so much so that anyone could probably become an expert at it within a week. It’s not stimulating, it’s not challenging, and it actually gets quite tedious. More than once, I’ve actually considered just writing
  more... a piece of code that would do my job for me, that’s how simple it is. The model they employ is at least 30 years out of date and horribly inefficient (which, I suspect, is the main reason the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services declined to renew their contract with CNI).

On the other hand, the pay and benefits are actually spectacular. In fact, they’re probably too good, considering just how easy the work is. Opportunities for advancement are more dependent upon social networking than actual skill set, but to the company’s credit, they really do look after their employees.

If you can get into a department doing something you love, I would highly recommend working for this company. Just keep all the caveats in mind.
Telework
Health Insurance Payment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 21, 2018
Company offers some telework for a few individuals. Company offers employees to make own hours. Competitive salary is offered to new employees. Overall a fair company depending on the current director.
Pros
Telework
Cons
Not enough training offered
Excellent company to be employeed with.
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKSeptember 13, 2018
-Assisting PMO with all administrative needs
-Negative attitude is never needed in the workplace
-Very knowledgeable with great customer Service
-Pay
Pros
Team work/work smart not hard. Hard only when needed but Teamwork is a plus.
Cons
Not enough work space.
Great Company
Probate Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 6, 2018
I learned a lot working with this company. It was a great experience working for them. I learned a lot working for this company and felt like I helped a lot of people. I would love to work back there because I felt like I was doing a great service and it was meaningful.
Pros
Great experience
productive
Landscaper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKSeptember 3, 2018
every one had their normal routines and we would load up in the trucks and then follow our order sheets the hardest part of a job is loading heavy equipment and the easiest part was leading our own crew
Pros
free food
Cons
not really much breaks and non stop working
Found by The Chickasaw Nation
UNIX Systems Administrator III (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAAugust 31, 2018
Believe me they are here to help the Nation with education and to provide a future for there people.

Treat every employee as family. Provided employees with weekend outlets/retreats/team building exercises.
Good pay, office/computer work
Remote Pilot Operator at Mike Mon (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 21, 2018
Job is easy for people who are interested in or have background in air traffic control. Fast paced, and somewhat stressful if you are unfamiliar with air traffic control and/or computers. Excellent pay for the amount of work you do. Not the best job culture, management and training.
Isolation
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Robins AFB, GAAugust 12, 2018
The company seems like it would be great if I physically worked in Ohio with them but I was by myself in Georgia with limited contact. They give special prizes to employees that have been recommended by others as hard workers but since I was by myself I could never be recommended. Just felt like I was tossed out in the middle of nowhere with no real care of how I would integrate with the company.
I also had a more than ridiculous drive time to work that as much as I tried to speak with them about I never got any real effort toward being relocated to something more realistic. Drive was 80 miles one direction and an hour and a half everyday, minimum.
Excellent workplace
Salvation Army Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Ada, OKAugust 7, 2018
Excellent workplace. Great benefits. Fast paces and very professional atmosphere. Great pay along with excellent benefits provide an excellent environment to be employed.
Stressful too much pressure
Government Contractor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 11, 2018
The job consist of beneficiaries calling for their trust fund account balances also about probates on the deceased relative and also on trust land sales. The job needs every call to be noted with a certain description and the clients tend to be very rude and under the influence of alcohol.
Pros
Good pay good hours
Cons
Clients are rude Management is not very helpful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chickasaw Nation Industries. Our community is ready to answer.