Chicken Ranch Casino Employee Reviews

potential, but headaches
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, CAFebruary 19, 2019
entry level up through management are primarily hard working and friendly folks to be with. Certain decision makers make life very difficult to achieve their whims as the goalposts constantly move and direction is reactive.
The best job I have ever had
Cage and Soft Count Manager (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, CANovember 26, 2018
Chicken Ranch Casino is a tight knit, family oriented organization. They are kind, welcoming, and want you to succeed in every way. It’s a business ran by a family and that shows in how everyone is treated. It was a pleasure working there and was the best job I have ever had.
Great place to work, lacked management skills for department managers
Bingo Floor Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, CAOctober 15, 2018
On a positive note, I absolutely loved working for Chicken Ranch Casino and Bingo! On the negative side, chicken ranch needs to better process their management canadates for department managers.
Improving
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, CAAugust 28, 2018
Just like another person wrote, Chicken Ranch Casino is improving every day. I think some of the right people are in place to make a positive change. There are some decent plans for the future and I look forward to seeing what is in store.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Hours, Fun work environment
Cons
None, but i have only been here a year.
Getting better everyday
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, CAJuly 28, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy working here. Most departments are better then others but management is working hard to get the right people in place. No matter what anybody says this place is employee oriented. Very few places in the county offer benefits or pay that come close to this with no degree or experience required. If you work hard and put the time in you can move up and if you don’t then you won’t. 95% of management cares and will bend over backwards to help their employees. It’s hard because none of us know the full picture so it’s easy to assume and place blame. Which is a shame because this is a great place to work.
Pros
Employee events, great benefits, close early and open late for Xmas, guests are great
Cons
It is a casino so hours vary and the smoke can be bad at times
By far the worst job I had
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, CAJuly 20, 2018
Management is terrible, everything is definitely based on favoritism, so if you don’t kiss a lot of butt and sacrifice your personal life you won’t get very far. Some of the people are nice depending on the shift but for the most part it’s like being back in high school. Drama, drama and drama that’s why I left. However after a year you get a pretty good benefit package but the wages and treatment of staff doesn’t really make up for it.
Benefits
Cons
Management, wages, hours
From okay to not
Server (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, CANovember 29, 2017
The place was decent, not the best but certainly not the worst. Just kind of fell apart. Lots of transferring going on, people leaving. Believe what you hear. Some of the supervisors are good. They just need someone really strong at the helm to get it together. Somebody better take notice before it's too late.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Poor management, some people making more than others, hours, working every holiday and weekend
Literally the worst.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, CANovember 19, 2017
Believe every horror story you hear about this place. Pay rates are terrible, upper management is a complete joke and almost every employee will stab you in the back if given the chance. There is no such thing as loyalty or seniority, everything is done by favoritism. It's the worst parts of high school combined into one terrible place.
Pros
Tribe is great and customers are kind
Cons
Everything else is terrible
The team members are an awsome group to work with, I made many friends while working ther. However the management are untrustworthy and only care abon
Custodial Manager (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, CAOctober 3, 2017
I loved working for this company in the beginning and I quickly moved up and became a member of Management. Once I became a manager it seemed to be in my best interest to leave as this company made it very difficult to trust upper management and it was very evident that hard work and determination was very low on their list.
Productive workplace with friendly staff
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, CASeptember 5, 2017
My manager was a wonderful woman who put her employees first. The casino was small and crowded and I often felt that it was hard to complete my tasks.
Pros
Good Healthcare, Fair Pay
Cons
Crowded Workplace
My other home!
Food and Beverage (Current Employee) –  JamestownApril 6, 2017
I work here currently. I work in Food and Beverage. I love my coworkers and my supervisors. The manager is down to earth, while also being professional. We are a big family, not just in our department. You can move up quickly if your willing to work hard. Cool employees events and drawing. Good benefits. We have our problems, but I wouldn't leave for the world.
Pros
Great, homely work environment.
Cons
Short staffed
my first job
Pull tab clerk (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, CAApril 3, 2017
This was my first job, I absolutely loved Working at Chicken ranch bingo, providing guest service comes naturally to me, Selling pull tabs was a fun and entertaining job, I miss it everyday.
nothing but drama
Casino Server (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, CAFebruary 28, 2017
to many immature people working there. People play around to much and not worrying about there job. The supervisors don't do much but sit in the office and talk.
Pros
its a full time job
Cons
not enough moving up
a circus
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, CANovember 7, 2016
i was a cook, it was fine for a good long time until toxic management came to be. no opportunity for advancement, hard work is not recognized, terrible team environment facilitated by the toxic management.
Demanding a feeling of accomplishment
Custodial supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, CaAugust 26, 2016
Everyone that works there are friendly you have opportunity customers are having fun I have learned confidentiality some computer skills overall good place to work
Pros
Benifets paid holidays opportunity
Cons
Work all holidays a lot of cleaning after guest
Fast paced work enviroment
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, CAApril 19, 2016
If you are willing to work hard you can move up in this company. Management staff is very approachable and professional.Employees consider themselves family.
fun
Janitorial/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, CAApril 5, 2016
i work as housekeeper, cleaning around the slot machines. making ever thing was and keeping the customer confortable while staying at the consino
Hours varried
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, CAMay 12, 2015
It was a new experience and fun at times. Communication with the mill was a must and working at night or day weather was a problem at times.
productive and fun people to work with and around.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, CAFebruary 8, 2013
I find it so much fun to go to work. I learned that people are affected by my personality as we would interact with each other. My management team and coworkers are help full and easy to be with. the hardest part of the job was discount days. the most enjoyable part for me was and is inner acting with the people I serve.
Pros
employee discounts.
Cons
no health insurence.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chicken Ranch Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

Chicken Ranch Casino Reviews by Location