Chico's FAS Employee Reviews

Found 1,020 reviews matching the search See all 1,033 reviews
Company not doing well
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 24, 2019
Company is cutting jobs at all levels. Job security is at risk for everyone. Role out so many programs that are meant to motivate, but they are not an incentive for the stores.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management
I enjoyed working at Chicos!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 23, 2019
I started out working part time and ended up as an assistant manager within a year and a half. I don’t know if it was just my store or all Chicos but my coworkers were all wonderful. The store manager was very knowledgeable, helpful, friendly and empathetic. She had a positive energy that everyone could benefit from. The atmosphere was relaxed and with the bonuses on your sales you could earn a great deal more than your hourly wage. Granted, when the store was very busy you really worked your tail off to help customers, put away clothes and clean up. All in all it was a great experience and I will always remember working there very fondly.
Pros
Happy atmosphere and caring coworkers
Cons
Too many customers for the amount of sales people.
Above & Beyond
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 19, 2019
This company is an above & beyond they did things I would have never expected for someone who had worked for them the amount of time I had. The company is very professional but treats its employees as close to family as you can get.
Fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLJune 18, 2019
If you're into retail sales Chico's FAS is the way to go. The base pay at the time I was employed was slightly above minimum wage but they have a decent bonus structure based on your sales.
I loved my team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORJune 17, 2019
When I started out, I absolutely loved my team until I transferred to different location.

I loved my boss, she would push you out of your comfort zone and would help you become a better you.

I was transferred to another location and had a set schedule. The negative part was one new employee loved to start drama. She was so rude and was talking on here phone and did the opposite of what my boss wanted done. I flash quit because I just had enough one day. I felt like I was being bullied and everyone sided with her. It was truly awful because after that I hated my job.

Another negative.
The company would add more tasks that employees and mangers had to do and it start to become a little unrealistic.
Pros
Great employee discounts and great boss.
Cons
Everything else.
No Thank You
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 11, 2019
This was one of the worst overall experiences of my life. Not just "work life.". The atmosphere was one of intimidation, bullying and name calling. And this was management! There was no one to help. The pay is ridiculously low as well. They Foster a "get even" attitude and totally believe it's okay to demean and embarrass employees in front of customers. I wouldn't recommend Chicos to anyone, ever.
Cons
Abusive atmosphere
Run
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 11, 2019
This place doesn't care about it's employees, they will work you until you can't work anymore, there's no support for upper management, you're left to fend on your own.
Offers incentives to their employees thru a commission environment, team based atmosphere.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 11, 2019
Customer service is priority #1 all operational tasks would stop as the store would get busy. The morning ritual would be to process new shipments to the floor prior to the store opening, opening registers if you were assigned to complete the schedule this also would be part of the morning tasks. Each associate would have a sales plan for the day and would be discussed to each employee before each shift. The challenging part of the job with a specialty store verses and larger corporation would be sick calls and replacing them however the store I was working at the team worked together and call outs were easily replaced. The most enjoyable part of this particular job was the customers interacting with the employees by that I mean finding the appropriate outfits for each customer based on information shared by the customer. What I learned from management in this job was how to manage operational and selling goals to ensure I would meet and or exceed my daily and weekly goal.
Just dont
Omni Associate (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAJune 10, 2019
Micro managing is a real thing here. The managers don't care what your talking about only the numbers that are put out. The pay was horrible for the work they wanted you to do. To much pressure to be perfect. No raises, only once a year in April for .25.
Pros
Own desk
Cons
Management and pay
CHICO'S North of the Border
Bartender & Server, Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Springstead, WIJune 6, 2019
An amazing resort and restaurant with a taste of authentic food in the northwoods of Wisconsin. The mother, daughter ownership will make anyone feel appreciated.
Working and wardrobing the customers is a positive experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe and Albuquerque NmJune 2, 2019
They have an excellent fashion for the more mature woman.
Appreciated their sense of style. They have excellent display
windows. Customer like the styles and the have repeat
customers because of it.
My Happy Place...
SALES LEAD (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 31, 2019
Chico's FAS is an amazing company to work for! They stand by, value and promote those who give ALL their customers Most Amazing Personal Service!!
You really get to know and befriend your customers. Like nowhere else I have ever worked.
I am and will be a Chico's FAS girl for life!
Pros
Great employees, even better customers
Cons
I can only be there 35 hours a week!
good atmosphere and fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 29, 2019
Chicos was overall well balanced place to work,learn about all aspects of managements, public relations, inventory of all the products and how to deal with team members.
Just no.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  TNMay 29, 2019
This company is such a joke. They do not value their employees at all. Bonus system is pitiful. Not to mention the fights between employees trying to steal customers away from other employees.
fashion is fun
Sales Associate & Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 23, 2019
I enjoyed helping the customers and the the employee discounts. It was a nice part time job and I wish that they recognized employees with advancement opportunities.
Systemic problem
Materials Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 23, 2019
After over 2 years of putting up with toxic personalities and teams that throw each other under the bus, after moving people into areas they did not know, and the entire team either leaving or getting cut, I could not say enough about how disappointed in the upper management’s inability to affect the change needed to recruit and retain the talent needed to turn the tanking business. Additionally, there was never any strategic business plan shared with anyone there, so as things keep changing, everyone there is kept in the dark as to what the actual goal is.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAMay 19, 2019
Liked working there, it would get a little crazy sometimes, but time went by very fast. Like working 10 hours for 4 days and off 3. That was nice like my boss
Pros
4 days work 3 days off
Cons
Hard on your body
Worst place ever! Run, run far away!
Assistant Store Manager - Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAMay 17, 2019
Management lies! Hostile environment! Harassment and threats on a daily basis.
Manger and DM comitted fraud. Falsified records.
Worst company to work at.
Pros
Cons
Too many words I cant mention.
fun place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 17, 2019
very fun place to work beautiful clothing great company and people to work for life work balance always thinking of the people that work for them customers are fun loyal it is a great place to work
Company needs to bought out by a competent leadership team
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 13, 2019
Company has lost its vision and the designs to no resonate with its customers. Sales are decreasing every quarter and the leadership has no idea how to stop the trend.
Pros
Good co-workers and the location is great
Cons
Leadership has no vision or ideas on how to turn around the business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chico's FAS. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight