Chico's FAS Employee Reviews

exciting place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 18, 2018
Working at Chico's gave me an opportunity to learn more about the people in the area. How to dress them for their lifestyle and special events. Every part of the country is different and this gave me an opportunity to learn more about this part of the nation opposed to the part where I grew up. I enjoy learning different cultures and interacting with people of different cultures. The workplace was extremely comfortable which made working there so comfortable and was able to think very clearly due to our crew being such an open group of individuals. The hardest part of the job was probably only dealing with overflow of clothing in the back. It was more of a challenge that I took on to organize the back room. I made it fun, not difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job was my awesome boss and her patience to help when I first began. Having a great boss makes everything more enjoyable.
Pros
Meeting New People
Cons
little financial stability
Chico's provides a lot of opportuinities - great place to work!
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 16, 2018
Fantastic work environment! I have learned many software products and Instructional Design, etc. Great CEO and Leadership team, compassionate people, many fun and innovative events that also help the community. I am only looking elsewhere so that I can move back to Sarasota/Venice area.
Pros
Great community partners/great work-life balance
Cons
Love the company as it is sincerely customer oriented. Adore the customers; best in the world!!
Management-Sales (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJuly 15, 2018
A typical day at work involves setting goals and looking at our opportunities. We assist customers with their every need, complete tasks to make the store a better place to shop.
Pros
We get to make our customer's day!
Cons
High intensity
non-living wage and back breaking work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 13, 2018
Coming into Chico's was ideally going to be fun, but the honeymoon was quickly over when working for such a low wage and not being able to capture sales in an environment where a majority of the clientele where looking for markdowns and bargains. Most of the sales team were upbeat and fun to work with, but there was no team cohesion and at times motivation to keep the store organized ran low. Our manager did the best she could, but because of the low wages turnover was constant, and finding associates who could do the work seemed impossible. In a day where the corporate workforce should be embracing workers who are loyal, responsible and quick minded, in this instance Chico's does not care about their workers and does not value their worth. The commission structure was impossible to navigate successfully.
Pros
Team members were nice
Cons
low wage, lack of management, lack of team cohesion, slacker assocate
Difficult company to work for
Part Time Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 10, 2018
The company is continually adding paperwork and responsibilities to the management workload without increasing either time or pay allowed.

They have become less and less interested in the welfare of their employees over the last couple of years and have among the lowest compensation in the industry.
Pros
Great product and co-workers.
Cons
Top management
Productive and fun environment to work in
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CA and San Juan Capistrano, CAJuly 7, 2018
Enjoyed selling and wearing clothing and accessories.
Liked manager and employees
Like location of store
Good fit overall
Best part working environment
Pros
Environment, fellow workers, manager
Cons
Hired in at very low pay
Great company but poor leadership
Associate Designer (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 5, 2018
Chico's mission and guiding principles are a great foundation but the company lacks structure, consistency, and their upper management is very lackluster. They keep restructuring the company, laying people off and cannot abide by a structured calendar creating chaos across the company. There is not much career growth within the company and people tend to get stuck at the same level without any possibility of advancement.
There is a high turnover rate because people get tired of the difficult work environment, the lack of leadership and accountability. This company needs some serious help with the way they run the business, and with the people they hire to lead to success.
Pros
Compensation, benefits, executive leadeship
Cons
Departmental leadership, lack of structure, constant changes and a chaotic work environment
average
Fashion Stylist/Sales (Current Employee) –  Studio City, CAJuly 5, 2018
I love working with our clientele, doing sales/register/displays and organizing. I have worked for nearly 13 years and have seen the company change from caring about their with a good commission rate to a company less organized and not able to hold on to their employees.
Pros
Flexible hours, good discount on clothing.
Cons
Poor management, no feeling team work
would not recommend working at chicos fas
Associate Technical Design (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 4, 2018
typical day your in meetings hardly any desk time. everything is urgent or an emergency. They have the "most amazing place" to work idea which should be "most awful place". Leaders don't listen they think they're always right and your their little assistant. worst management place. leaders don't know how to lead. Dammn if you try to show you can do the job and more because you get told not to do that. And lets talk about deadlines; always a crunch and always behind. the calendar makes no sense. food in the cafes suck. I think the only decent place is the gym. oh yea and they cut the sick days to 3 days when there was no limit only use when necessary. raised insurance and added a cost in the visit the nurse practitioner office after enrollment of benefits deadline was up.
constant change in in another wrong past.
NO WORK LIFE BALANCE. they expect you to stay late and make sure the deadline is done. If you finish with your work you have to help other's instead of going home. "teamwork" they say oh yes skeleton crew because they are in a hiring freeze - im excuse me hiring pause. people are leaving left to right no one is being replaced. The higher leaders are promoting within themselves but the promotions dont allow in the budget for the ones below them. working there for years interviewed several times with more than 6 people each interview only for them to bring someone from outside the company with less skill or shift they shift workload between each other.
CEO says one point for talking 9 points for doing, still waiting on her 9 points to fix that hot mess of a place.
Pros
gym on site
Cons
everything, insurance cost, terrible food in the cafe, poor leaders, poor management, calendar for deadlines always overlap, sick days reduced to 3 days. I can keep going
My time at Chico's FAS
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 2, 2018
It's a fitting job if you enjoy retail and working with customers. However, the pay is not necessarily worth it. Unless you are an incredible seller and know how to promote the product, then wonderful, you will make a huge amount of commission. The commission part is interesting but also difficult - you have to pray that a woman is willing to spend more that 149 dollars in one transaction. And there's nothing to prevent your commission being taken away should the customer return products that you sold her. My shifts were either constantly changed the day before or the day of, a minimum of 2-3 times. Which is really nuts when you have to rely on public transportation or transportation by family members/friends. Not to mention the little amount of hours given. Not to mention that my shifts were calculated so that I don't have to take a mandatory 30 minute break; just the occasionally 15 minute break if I needed/wanted. My team leaders and management were absolutely wonderful, but were aggressive with their sales. I understand that our job is to push for sales, but even I felt uncomfortable for customers who obviously did not want to purchase any more produce but were too nervous to say so.
Pros
Discounts given to employees on products
Cons
Low pay, Short hours, No breaks
Customer Service/Sales
Part Time Sales Associate for a Women's (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 2, 2018
Chico's was fun helping women purchase items that looked good on them and giving the best customer service that I could. The draw back was that it was hard to make any money because everyday would be some kind of sale going on.
Work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 1, 2018
I was one of two assistant store managers. My store manager was sick a great deal, which resulted in me doing far more of the work. My other assistant manager was not interested in the other aspects of the job, the paper work, so I did it all. The ladies that worked on the floor with me in sales were great. Friendly, helpful, wonderful crew. I felt my manager could have delegated better, especially being sick so much, but that didn't happen. We had a nice group of regular customers, the clothing we sell is beautiful.
job was fun to meet new people , easy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 28, 2018
My overall review would be that the job was good for a starter job but the pay was low. the enviorment was good , management was also .customers traveled from all over the world to the Chico's I worked and it was fun meeting new faces.
Pros
good environment
Cons
low pay
Great place to learn & work at the same time.
Manager, Sales Audit & Cash Management (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 25, 2018
Hardest part of the job was managing the people along with doing my job. More opportunities for jobs to be offered to work from home/office, this would help with work life balance.
Pros
Gym, medical office
Cons
More work from home positions.
Worst place to work
Assistant Merchant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 19, 2018
Working for CHICO’s FAS was the worst decision I ever made. I have never encountered a more negative group of people who are willing to put everyone around them down just to get ahead. There is NO sense of teamwork whatsoever. There is NO training. You are left to figure out everything on your own in hopes that you mess up and make someone else look good. Steer clear of this company. I had such high hopes when I was offered a position. Now I wish I could get back the past 8 months of my life and not waste it being so depressed here everyday.
Pros
The PTO is decent and there are a few good people who help make the days more manageable
Cons
You are just a number. You aren’t allowed to have an opinion or a mind of your own
okay
HR Generalist/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 13, 2018
best part is pay but just watch your own butt if they still have shar is still at the company she is the worse

the company doesn't promote to fast inside they really take to long to promote to next level which is why turn is high
Fun place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAJune 11, 2018
On site full-functioning gym on campus. Great discounts at company store. Hardest part of any of the positions is during Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Pros
Free gym & classes. Great employee discounts
Cons
Coupons that rarely work online
fast paced, pleasant invironment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 11, 2018
Fast paced and pleasant, physically and mentally challenging with much multi tasking. Friendly customers and co-workers. Very structured work culture.
Pros
Personal interaction and intellectual challenges
Cons
inconsistent hours and low pay
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 10, 2018
This is a great company that truly lives the work life balance of reenergizing its team,definitely is flexible and open to those who also goes to school.
Pretty boring place of business.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 8, 2018
To have employees try to sell to customers for commission in this place is despicable. There were never enough customers coming into the store in the first place. Maybe one of the most boring jobs I've ever worked. Tidying the stock room and replenishing the floors were the highlights of the day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chico's FAS. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight