Chico's FAS

Chico's FAS Pay & Benefits reviews

Busy, and customer service is important. Schedule is all over the place. Management is all over the place. Stressful. Customers very demanding, but most I enjoy. Lots of tension among some employees. Wish all would be nice. Hard to reach store goals to receive bonus.
Pros
Store hours
Cons
low pay
Made lots of friends and it was really an easy job.Many different parts to work at I worked at chutes and induction really easy and the pay was good .
Restructuring- even before Covid- is insane. Company leaders, while preaching a strategic mindset, do not lead by example. Most of these restructures leave gaping holes that remaining employees are expected to fill long-term, taking on tasks outside of their role description (and pay grade). Employee morale is low, due to lack of job security and advancement opportunities. It really does feel like the company does not have your back. There are some great people here, no doubt about that, but some people in higher positions really shouldn't be there and on the flip side, lower level employees are long due for a promotion. The best thing about the company is that women really do lead here and it's refreshing to see a woman-led company thrive in this way. That being said, sales associates are the backbone of Chico's FAS and for a company 'for women by women', there's a lot that could be done to show appreciation for them. Also diversity is severely lacking.
Pros
Hires a lot of women, You can ask for help with the small stuff, Work from home has made up for lack of compensation (i.e. commute expenses), Benefits are good (some complaints about switch from Blue Cross to Aetna)
Cons
Compensation is low for the expectations, 'Work life balance' can be an illusion, Leaders are reactive instead of strategic, Lots of managers and above are poor at project planning and communication, You're made to feel that you can't complain
Used to be able to make commissions. Restructured to Team bonuses which are impossible to earn so far. There are a variety of duties which keeps it interesting.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
No vacation time for part time employees.
The benefits and pay is good- the ability to use time off is not favorable to all. Any FT employees would get approved time off based on Store Managers desired time off. No negotiating. Openly showed favoritism to those whom were liked.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Cons- FT staff flexibility is not as flexible as described
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
I worked for the company for 4 years as a store manager and it was at an hourly rate. The role required much more than 40 hours a week to accomplish all that was necessary to drive the business, recruit/hire and train properly and to manage the visual aspect of the business. However, the company expectation was to get it done within the 40 hours as overtime was frowned on and rarely approved. When moving to a competitor, my salary was increased by 52%. Additionally, because of better resources and support I rarely needed to work more than 42 hours per week as a salaried employee.
Pros
Employee discount on product
Cons
very low pay for very high performance expectations
I think the best thing about Chicos is a fair amount of pay for the work. We did have very strict management. Our lead and supervisor told us we weren't allowed to speak to other coworkers. I mean you could get in trouble for saying hello to someone. Temps are treated subhuman. Also unless you work night shift at my location, your not getting hired. They keep Temps for yearssss.
Pros
Once a month they give a free lunch
Cons
you breaks are timed, your bathroom breaks are supervised
It’s an ok place to work a little boring like working 4 days for 10 hours. No job security and no benefits for temps. Overall ok experience however I would be ok with the one I had in my life I would actually have a lot to go through the
Pros
Fair wages
Cons
Not many benefits for temps
Once upon a time I had a career w Chico's that was fun, fulfilling, creative and I loved every minute of it. Unfortunately those days are long gone.Corporate greed and incompetent leadership worked their way in and into the cash flow and they are lining their pockets and terminating employees quarterly to stay afloat ( and to collect their high salaries.) On the day of a mass lay-off they announced the promotion of the president and her million dollar salary, while they laid off over 200 employees! They care nothing about you. It's all about them and their profit. I have many fond memories their and made life long friends, and that I can say is and was the only good thing about Chico's.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Toxic Environment, Gaslighting, No Structure, Outdated Equipment
Although I only worked for Chico's for several months, the job was pretty good. The managers were very good at communication and were very generous with their employees.
Pros
Communication
Cons
Short breaks
The company has been struggling financially for quite some time. That has led to many lay-offs that effect everyone. People who were solely responsible for important projects were laid off, leaving everyone floundering. Important documentation/procedures seemed to always get lost. This resulted in the help desk getting flooded by problems that had no solution.
Pros
Frequent pot lucks and delivered food
Cons
Lay-offs, poor compensation
Good-Pay customers- Focus used to be on providing the most amazing service to the customers but over the years that has changed. Brick and mortar prior to Covid had began to be a distribution center and sparce payroll to complete the task. No-one wanted to work there because the pay was so low hourly and the clothing the upper management expected you to wear was expensive and changing every mailer. Upper management was truly delusional. They Would make their annual holiday trip just to tear the store apart during store hours and disrupt business. As far as the product goes....it constantly repeated itself over and over. The heads of stores changed so frequently that you couldn't even keep track of who was in charge. Right after cover hit earlier in the year, they furloughed some of the tenured woman who had given many years of their time, blood, sweat and tears only to be let go without any severance package offered. Slap in the face to these devoted woman. Chicos has changed over he years and definitely not for the better!
Pros
pay
Cons
cut bonus and 401k match
Coworkers are very nice, supervisors can be difficult. Also PTO is hardly ever approved so that's a bummer. If you're expecting a fair raise after a year, don't even bother. It's an easy job.
Pros
Okay pay, Gym on site, Coworkers
Cons
Supervisors, Favoritism
No career development. Way too many changes. They weren’t doing well prior to the pandemic. Layoffs were frequent. Yearly raises decreased every year while cost of living here rose. Management changed so many times. We had a brand president that quit after 3 months. Diversity is just a buzz word to them. So many problems but tried to just gloss over them which of course never works. You’ll wonder why only some people advance while it’s difficult for you. Nepotism and gatekeeping is rampant.
Pros
Pto was good, my team was great, I enjoyed what I did for a living just not exactly where I was doing it, benefits were fine.
Cons
401k match was only 3%, way too many changes, they’ll make you feel like you’re not good enough, they abandon the core customer all the time, amount of work exceeds pay and title.
We were paid a small commission but now they just called one day and completely took that away most days You could earn up to an extra $2 an hour. That immediately hurt a lot of people
Pros
Discount
Cons
No discount on sale items
Get working environment. All my coworkers are lovely and my manager does her best to empower me with strategies to help me succeed. They work around my life to make sure I’m still able to be a good mom. Only downside is the pay is terrible, especially post pandemic as they removed our opportunity for individual bonuses. Also- we have reduced store hours which means less hours to go around for the part-time people. Overall though, I have really enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
Great coworkers and overall environment
Cons
Poor pay
● Work-life balanceFlexible● Pay & benefitsUnless you're management you do not get benefits● Job security and advancementYou will be given the opportunity for a lead or manager position it's available● OverallA good flexible job for students or retired people. The manager is a bit of a bully and is not fair whith the schedule. She had her favorite people. They expect you to be a security guard and cleaning lady. You can earn more money based on your sales.
overall good place enjoyed the team I worked for we were like family it was a good part time job dont expect much but if you are looking for simple easy part time work look no further.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
no health insurance
The commissions for sales at this job are very low. If you worked hours with a customer and they made a purchase and later returned some of the items, your commission was taken away. You are basically competing with other employees for the customer sale.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
pay
Worked at Chico’s corporate headquarters for 8 years. I looked forward to going to work every single day. My VPs were amazing and supportive; I knew my contributions were appreciated and always felt I was a valuable part of the team. Unfortunately, due to the economic downturn from the pandemic, they had to make the difficult decision to eliminate several positions, otherwise I would still be there. If you have the opportunity to work at Chicos’s and enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic environment, then I would highly recommend.
Pros
Great team, competitive pay, great benefits
Cons
Can be a lot of change; retail in general is challenging right now
I liked the experience I had a good time working there and appreciate the opportunity that was given to me from them . It was good tryi g something new that I have t experienced before.