Child's Play Plus

Working at Child's Play Plus: 9 Reviews

United States9 reviews

Management feels they are better than the employees.

The management here is awful. They are rude to the under employees and constantly making them feel awful. The training is okay but they expect you to know all after a week which is not the case in this changing job. Would not recommend.

Pros

Pto

Cons

Awful management, not paid fairly.

Making a difference and learning something new everyday

There is a lot that goes into being an RBT, but it is the most rewarding and fun job out there. I get to be silly and have fun with kids on a daily basis and the learning is built in. Some days are very difficult (mentally and physically) but it is worth it when you see the kid do something new. You have to be able to multi-task and be willing to take feedback to get better.On the surface the pay is comparable to other centers in the area but when you take into account the benefits including the PTO the pay is good. I have read a lot of review regarding management, but I have not had a bad experience. As long as you advocate for your needs they are willing to help.

Child's Play Plus insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Energizing work tasks

Great place to work and grow.

Child's Play Plus is exactly the company I have always wanted to work for. Management that cares about the patients, the community and the employee. I look forward to going to work each day because I know the work we do is important and I am valued as an employee for my contributions.

Pros

culture, room for growth, work-life balance

Revolving door of staff, high turnover, terrible management and poor leadership skills.

This company hires warm bodies to make money, the integrity of the therapy is not valued by the upper staff. Bare minimum training to get you billing and being with kids before you fully grasp the foundational skills needed to be a successful RBT. The integrity of the services IS NOT THERE! It's all about money. They cannot keep up with training because people quit faster than they can hire and training is rushed because they want staff to go with patients to make money immediately. No breaks for you! 8 hour shift with patients all day, but hey, lucky you, you get free pop and pity pizza when management screws up. No professional cleaning is done, I would never allow my children to receive services here it is nasty in the buildings and no one cares about the work environment. But the management offices are super nice, updated and clean. Marketing is extremely misleading...

Pros

free pop sometimes, cute kids

Cons

immature management who are passive aggressive and beat around the bush, high turn over, no breaks

Official response from Child's Play Plus

April 29, 2022
I am sorry for your experience. Please feel free to reach out to our main office to discuss any complaints you have about the work environment. I have not seen any complaints lodged on any bug issues.After checking in with the local office, we have ordered pizza in the last few months for our staff once to celebrate perfect attendance, once to say thank you for extra work for a few staff, and once when all the staff chipped in together, and we do keep our staff lounge fridge stocked with drinks for our staff as a courtesy on us.We have monthly meetings with each staff and their Administrator to discuss feedback (both ways) and give staff an opportunity to be heard one on one. Unfortunately, all businesses are struggling with high turnover for the last two years and we are no exception. Despite our best efforts in revitalizing our training, increasing our pay structures, benefits, and our management policies, we continue to experience high turnover. This inevitable leaves some staff feeling overworked, some exhausted, and others scrambling to do what they can to make as many people happy as they possibly can. I can personally assure you that this experience is not limited to our staff at the RBT level, while you mention us making decisions only for money, that couldn’t be further from the truth.We have come a LONG way in the last six months, but we still have more to do. Constructive feedback is the way we get there, and I can only hope we heard about and worked on addressing your concerns while you were here.My sincerest best wishes on your future endeavors. -Jason Shaw, -

Rewarding and Discouraging

If you are hardworking, caring, have basic problem-solving skills, and high confidence in yourself then this may be the job for you. Helping the kids should always be number 1. However, some of my coworkers were questionable. Made me wonder how they EVER got hired. On the surface this company looks like a great place to work until you step inside and see it for what it is. Training is rushed! The buildings are disgusting. They expect you to be on the same level with the kids just to sit on dirty soiled stained floors with bugs. They clearly don't care about the environment their clients and staff have to be in for 8 hours a day. Staff are noticeably overworked and exhausted with unrealistic expectations. Management is a JOKE, if you need guidance, good luck, they will just talk behind your back. The job is mentally draining with NO LUNCH BREAKS.

Pros

Helping kids, free pizza, soda, water

Cons

Upper management, no lunch breaks, gross buildings

Official response from Child's Play Plus

April 29, 2022
I am sorry for your experience. Please feel free to reach out to our main office to discuss any complaints you have about the work environment.Our initial training week and preparation for you to pass the RBT exam is only the initial phase of your training at CP+. Being an RBT allows a minimum standard of care to work with our patients. As with many fields of practice, our best knowledge comes from working with our patients directly, not sitting in a classroom. There are multiple individuals in each office whose sole purpose is to support staff and their ongoing training and development and not to bill for services. If money was a therapy centers’ sole motivation, RBTs would be placed in a home with no support, training, breaks, etc. and that is simply not something we are OK with here.I don’t have a comment on your opinion of your coworkers, as I do not know the details you are referencing, but I would encourage you to work with others to address any issues in your future endeavors and take advantage of training and administration teams.As a company that continues to struggle with high turnover and lack of staffing coming out of the pandemic, we have come a LONG way in the last six months, but we still have more to do. Constructive feedback is the way we get there, and I can only hope we heard about and worked on addressing your concerns while you were here.My sincerest best wishes on your future endeavors. -Jason Shaw, President & Owner

Horrible management high turnover

I've never worked some place where your management basically wants you to fail and any mistake your belittled on and made feel awful never speak of the good and its so clicky type you don't feel like part of the team your given a am patient and a pm patient and basically get kicked and punched all day and then treated horrible by your team if you need brakes forget about it you get 14 mins a day to use the restroom and they half train you and toss you in with patients and expect you to just figure it out and when you can't they be little you and say it's your fault for there lack of ability to train you correctly they also got a very high turnover rate I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone ever

Pros

Free soda.

Cons

No brakes. Horrible management. Short staffed. Don't have the staff to train you.

Awesome Training

Everyone who starts with the company goes through small group training to become an RBT, which is good because there is so much to learn about the position. You get the chance to learn from a BCBA about how to do the job BEFORE getting tossed in with a kid. I got this big training binder of materials I could reference back to and look at when confused. When you are with a kid doing therapy, you also have people checking in on you each day.

Pros

Full training, Constant Help

Cons

Lots to Learn

Hard Work Pays Off

I have never worked in a job that allowed me the opportunity to grow every single day. For an entry level position, the minute you join the company you are given the opportunity to train and learn. You even receive a bonus for becoming RBT certified. There are benefits available that help support myself as a young professional, including continuing education assistance. As the company has grown, they've only promoted from within, which makes for an awesome opportunity to learn from my peers (everyone has done the RBT job!!!!). People are are often unhappy here at those that think the job it going to come easy. You have to work and you have to be willing to learn, but if you are excited about that, it pays off in so many ways. There are bonuses for attendance! Christmas bonuses every year, plus tons of fun stuff like free t-shirts throughout the year. The owners care about their staff and if we give feedback that something isn't working, they do their best to fix it.

Pros

Free gear, bonuses for attendance, PTO flexibility, opportunities for growth

Cons

High demand job, flexibility REQUIRED, physical job

The bad, awful and the ugly.

You do not get a break in this company, and actually are made to tell them when you need a 20 minute break. You are expected to ask for a 5 minute break and go back with your client, and when you take something longer than 10 mins you need to get it approved by our upper management. You are sustained to low pay and awful attitudes. The management makes you feel low, and if you make a mistake you are made to feel awful. The front desk receptionist has a horrible attitude. The BCBAs think they’re better than everyone. And your training coordinators feel like they’re against you more than with you. I enjoyed my job at first, however the constant belittling is awful. Management is all in “clicks” and the therapists are basically there to fend for themselves. They offer promises they can’t keep and you’re getting paid a low amount to get beat up everyday. Please, do yourself a favor and STEER CLEAR from Child’s Play.

Pros

None.

Cons

NO BREAKS (at least more than 10 mins long), low pay, awful attitudes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Child's Play Plus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits