Child & Family Services Employee Reviews

good company
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJuly 5, 2019
they just need to do more the staff to make the stress less. it is a non profit so dont look for a lot of money but the have good benefits. there is a lot of stress but you will get tho it . they do work together
Flexible scheduling and great coworkers
Outpatient Mental Health Clinician (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMay 27, 2019
The flexibility in scheduling time is a bonus with the support of great co-workers and supervision/supervisors. A days work is,never dull with the population of,clientele. Despite the changes over the years the agency has tried to strive to do what is,best for staff and site. Communication at times had hiccups between upper,management to employed staff but typically would listen to suggestions at staff meetings.
Pros
Co workers flexibility with scheduling
Cons
Communication but has improved over the years from management to sites
Great environment to grow in
Therapeutic Mentor (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMay 18, 2019
There's a lot of opportunities for advancement. Very professional environment. They provide many different programs for all different types of human service work.
Benefits
Cons
Pay could always be more
Profit over patient care
Rather Not Say (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MADecember 17, 2018
For a non profit, they really do put profit over patient care. Constantly lies to clients about providers. Completely unethical practices. Treats clients like they are not intelligent. Opinions and feedback is not welcomed.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Pay, back stabbing environment
Challenging and Rewarding
THERAPEUTIC MENTOR (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAJanuary 9, 2018
My experiences with CFS have had its ups and downs. Mostly ups.

I've gained years of experience in working with the youth in my own community. I've learned from some great leaders and worked under supportive supervisors. This place can nourish and challenge you.

I wish the pay was a little bit better but with all the benefits and the community, I wouldn't leave.
Pros
Vacation and Sick time accruals, 4 weeks by 5 years; supportive; challenging
Cons
lower pay
Loved my unit peers, Upper management not so much!
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJuly 12, 2017
Lack of support from upper management- only focused on money by filling beds with inappropriate clients...it's a business I get it, but client care goes out the window with the Site Directors and upper management. They only focus on the clinical aspects of clients and don't care about clients medical conditions. They way they treat nurses is horrendous. There's 1 nurse per shift that takes care of 9 adults, 9 children and any random number of clients boarding in Emergency services. The site director/ program director tries to force the doctors and NP's to write scripts for clients that fail to follow up with outpatient services because they stopped the med-clinic, and have lost many prescribers. They micro-manage the heck out of everything and everyone and talk down to employees on a daily basis. Security- is a joke... they're only there on 3rd shift and weekends and are forced to be Emergency Services slave by triaging all their calls.
Pay is fair for the field and the area, however raises are minimal if at all. And their policies are outdated or non- existent... they seem to make policies up as they go. The computer system is asinine- its only set up for outpatient clinical aspects and not for inpatient and nursing.
When an employee does have a complaint or a suggestion, it goes absolutely no where- you'd get further by talking to your own shadow! I know I sound like a complainer, but I LOVED my job and my peers I worked with on the unit... there is just no support, care or concern from management- but then they wonder why everyone is always irritable or leaving the company!
Pros
Free meals while at work, 401k
Cons
Management, Healthcare and dental
Good environment
Clinician (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJune 8, 2017
A great place to gain experience with different type of population, culture and needs. Good management and supervision but the salary rate for a bilingual counselor is not the best.
Puts life in prospective
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAFebruary 21, 2017
Great interactions and phenomenal guideance from direct supervisor and site director. Wonderful place to grow intellectually but if your interest does not reacc clinical status, you are limited
Pros
Sick, vacation/personal time generous
Cons
Non-profit. Non-clinical less opportunity
Mentoring
Mentoring (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAOctober 27, 2016
Working at Child & Family was a great experience. Depending on your job title the days will vary. I worked out of the Fall River location and the mentoring department was fun, rewarding, challenging, stressful but a great way to get your foot into the door if you are pursing a career in this or other areas of social or family work. Supervisors were great and would help in ANY situation. You can have a flexible schedule but it is a job with responsibilities of caring for and looking after the youth. Daily day would be.....Say good morning to the co-workers, write notes, ask questions, look for suggestions and schedule and visit with clients. Schedule does change when kids are out of school. Again GREAT staff, GREAT supervisors and rewarding. Pay is decent, benefits are decent. You do have weekly meeting and bi weekly supervision which is very helpful.
Pros
Staff, flexibility, rewarding, really fun at times and you help the local kids and community
Cons
Coming across bad family situations. You will see it all.
Life at Child & Family Services
Mental Health Worker/Behavioral Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJuly 19, 2015
I loved the job, however, management was not in favor for the employees. They are always filing 51A's on employees and parents. The hardest part of the job are the frequent forced shifts, when your name comes up and someone calls out, your are forced to stay another shift.
Fun place to work; flexible hours; family friendly
STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMarch 12, 2013
Working at Child & Family Services has been a great experience. There are very few times I don't look forward to going to work in the morning. A relatively laid-back atmosphere usually awaits me, even when there are deadlines to be met. Management is very flexible when asked for any time off due to family situations. Of course, there are challenges, like at any other job, but the staff I work with (and Management) tend to make things easier. Being a non-profit agency has a lot to do with what I have described above, but it also means that, as an accounting clerk, I cannot aspire to more than I have achieved. Though the pay and benefits are relativley generous, there is no way to advance in my career, hence, my looking for a job. Too bad, because Child & Family Services is a great place to work!
Pros
great atmosphere, generous benefits, flexible schedule
Cons
too few to mention

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Child & Family Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Child & Family Services Reviews by Location