Child Care Aware of America Employee Reviews

Great Mission....Poor Operation
Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 5, 2018
This organization is a mess! There is a complete lack of leadership and/or direction. Everyone is running his/her own personal agenda and there is no cohesion between work efforts. The work and/or projects don't seem very meaningful nor impactful given their mission. There's a pervasive clique culture – so if you’re not part of a clique you're virtually nonexistent. Federal contract money is what largely funds the organization and staff working on that side of the business seem more engaged and serious. The non-profit side of the business is a horrible! This is not a place to work if you are serious about making a difference.
Pros
Very flexible work hours, freedom to do exactly as you please, decent benefit offerings
Cons
Clique culture fueled by nepotism and cronyism, little professional development, little to no advancement opportunities, culture of confusion and little to no communication
Good for entry level, recent graduate college students. Incompetent Management
Provider Liaison Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 16, 2018
The work is mundane, there is no sort of variety in duty whatsoever. The management and seniors of this organization are extremely unorganized, incompetent, and inexperienced. The workplace culture is pretty relaxed, dress code is business casual. The hardest part of this job was being enthusiastic.
Depends On Position
QUALITY CONTROL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 15, 2018
How well you're treated depends greatly on where you work in the organization. People who work for military fee assistance programs have very little opportunity for advancement and very little professional development opportunities. However, if you work for the part of the organization that does non-profit/policy work, you're treated to all the benefits of the organization. They're trying to change the culture, but still have a very long way to go.
Pros
flexible work hours, good benefits if you're a full-time employee
Cons
little professional development, pay could be better, little to no advancement opportunities, NO communication
People friendly
Senior Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 22, 2018
A people friendly place to work. Very employee friendly. A learning environment for advancement and growth. Lots of incentives with fun projects and a beautiful office space.
Great first start but low satisfaction
Army Child Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 7, 2017
They definitely surprise you with the salary and help you recognize your worth out of college, but the scope of the work is repetitive, boring, and unsatisfying. It is rare that young employees stay longer than a year. Also not helpful to be led by management that is inconsistent, not always welcoming, and not concerned about your health or progress until unfortunate events or undesired events occur.
Pros
Salary, breaks
What I learned
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 28, 2017
Ask questions about the office culture for the department you will be working with. this varies from department to department. Learn that information before making a decision on the position.
Overall
Child Care Coordinator (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 17, 2017
Overall the workplace is great. It can get stressful because its the only place the services the whole entire USA for military families but other than that i enjoyed working there. My coworkers were great and management really helped if you didn't understand
Challenging work
Digital Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 15, 2017
If you're looking for a challenge, it can be real challenging! Never a dull moment. There is really no typical day. There are always things to be done .
Pros
Great people
Good company...Once hired.
Parent Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 3, 2017
The temporary employees will be there much longer than they originally quote you. Temporary employees last 6 months. Horrible location. Large turnover rate because of location.
Pros
Salary (once hired), resume skills
Cons
LONG temp status.
say no to staffing agencies
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 6, 2016
I was hired on through a staffing agency called ROC'S and as a person who first time was working with a staffing agency I can truly say it was a bad experience. Management Is okay through CCAOA as they are always updating you on the various projects or changes through their infrastructure but communication lacks between CCAOA supervisors and ROC'S employees. Often times you will submit your request off information through ROC'S and your supervisor won't know or you will ask your supervisor to make up your hours and they will give you the okay but would not contact ROC'S who pays you to see if it was okay. **BEWARE** although you will be working as a federal contract employee you do not get the full benefits so be prepared not to get paid on federal paid holidays although you will have the day off neither do you get paid time off. No overtime is given so if you decide to come early to complete some work you wont get paid for those hours and if the office closes due to weather or circumstances you do not get paid for that day. There is a high turn around at this location as most individuals who are hired through ROC'S leave for better opportunity as the pay per hour which is $13.00 is hard for people to get by especially as everyone is a degree holder. Although when you are hired on they tell you that you have high chances of converting into a full time employee it is not truly guaranteed as it depends on how many positions are actually opened with the department you are working in.
Pros
a lot of down time, take your lunch whenever you want, business casual, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Repetitive work, no chances for development and Pay
Ran away and never looked back.
Provider Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 23, 2016
Child Care Aware of America has a great purpose (helping military families find high quality, affordable childcare) and they bring on countless temps right out of college, regardless of the amount of job experience the temp may possess. The company's age range is a fairly young one, so you are surrounded by peers and frequent happy hours. That is pretty much where the good things end.

CCAoA will keep their temps in limbo for as long as the temp will tolerate it, regardless of job performance. It's great for lazy bums who don't feel like doing work but it's extremely frustrating for ambitious go-getters who want to succeed and grow in their job. I was stuck temping for over a year before I finally found a new job and left. The last hour of my last day, they finally offered me a permanent position with benefits after stringing me along for months with empty promises. Finding a temp who has been there for two years isn't that rare. I feel like this company picks up young professionals who don't know any better and abuses them as much as humanely possible before the young college grads' dreams are dead and they either leave or give up hope of ever finding an employer who will value them. Mass lay-offs plagued the company last year, but the small percent who stayed did not see a noticeable increase in pay or benefits to assure them that times were changing for the better. Management is not helpful at all. It's sad, but I'm honestly surprised this place still functions.
Pros
Cool coworkers, fun location, they will accept you even if you have no/minimal experience, I hear the benefits are nice, but after temping for over a year I gave up waiting to find out.
Cons
You will probably temp forever, extremely low wages, non-existent raises regardless of performance, minimal permanent staff
A lot to be learned
manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 14, 2015
Management does not fully understand what is important and how to involve people. Poor benefit plans. Employees would normally have to work between 60-65hrs per week.
Pros
nothing to add
Cons
no lunch break, poor healthcare benefit, long hours.
good entry level administrative experience
YOUTH RESOURCE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 17, 2015
I worked there for a temp. assignment. The office space was very nice, everyone was willing to help if something was misunderstood, and it was a relaxed work environment.
Pros
limited positions available
Cons
very short breaks
Enjoyed my years, many smiles, many tears.
Provider Service Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 18, 2014
Working with military families is like being on a rollercoaster ride. You speak to parents and providers and you help them. They become apart of you. When they are crying you are on the other end to listen. I loved supporting those families with the financial support they needed. I gave 150% customer service and my parents loved me. I also loved my providers and made sure their files were always up to date and also investigated when there were complaints. I worked at Child Care Aware of America for six years and it molded me to who am I today. I'm grateful and having nothing but good things to say about them.
Great
Air Force/ Navy Child Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 13, 2014
It's an Awesome place to work! I enjoyed working with my team as well as the military families
Working to support developmental needs in children.
Independent Respite Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Florida and VirginiaOctober 31, 2013
Great place to work. This is a non-profit organization that support childhood development and education for children across America.