Child Development Resources Employee Reviews

loved the children
teacher (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAOctober 2, 2018
It's a great company but management needs a lot of improving. I love working with the children and their families. It doesn't have the best pay but has great benefits.
Pros
health and personal benfits
Cons
management
Fun, caring and fulfilment
Fatherhood Consultant (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VASeptember 26, 2018
It has been a great place to work. The time off and flexibility has been great. I would definitely recommend this organization long after I have moved forward.
Learne a lot.
Exact Staff (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, Ca 93036July 11, 2018
Liked working there. I learned a lot about the application process and wait list for child care. Reviewing the applications and giving status on wait list and what they need to do to stay on the system.
child development resurces
Provider Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJuly 9, 2018
I enjoyed working with kids and love to be indoors so it worked for me its a lot of work I potty trained and changed diapers and cooked , cleaned, disinfected area where children would play and toys , also picked up and dropped off children to and from school , reported any changes to parents and to worker about any changes due to children , time in and time out , paper work with parent and worker to assist the children being with me at the time made sure my home was safe before children entered my home.
Very Important Fixture in the Community
Early Head Start Family Consultant (Former Employee) –  Norge, VAMay 8, 2018
CDR is a very important and needed agency in Williamsburg. The services they provide is priceless. I wish they were in more communities in VA. Families are fortunate to have such a great resource.
Pros
Great resource for families
Cons
CDR is not in other communities in VA
Great place to work at
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAApril 30, 2018
I enjoy woking there, its a nice environment. Teachers and supervisor are there to help, when you have any questions. They give excellent feedback. You learn as you go.
managed head start center
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAFebruary 9, 2018
managed a head start center to assure policy and procedure of head start regulation is being implemented based on federal and state regulation. Provided educational, mental health, disability, nutrition, safety and environment support and guidelines to staff and the parents at the center. managed various head start class room as well as state program class. supervised the cook and food ordering based on the nutritional guidelines and oversee the enrollment of the center and oversee the family advocates in assuring she is enrolling all children in the program based on the head start/state program.
It was single-day employment.
Conference Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norge, VAJanuary 21, 2018
I was brought on for single day aid during conference days to assist full-time employees with various tasks during the conferences. This was not a job I can officially give a review for.
very relaxing environment everyone was very nice
Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJanuary 1, 2018
i loved working there, all managers were very friendly and very informative. all other employees were very helpful and also very informative. would definitely recommend this as a great company.
Cons
it was an internship and they were on a hiring freeze and no jobs were available
Work toward quality program for children and families
Child Development program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAAugust 30, 2017
Child Development Resources of Ventura Co.is the largest non-profit in the county and works to improve the lives of children and families by offering low or no cost child care programs. I enjoyed my employment there with all the staff; we all worked as a team toward the same goal.
Good company
Office Support Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAAugust 7, 2017
Child Development Resources is a wonderful company to work for. They care for their employees as well as for all the children and families that they provide services to. Providing services to the less fortunate families with child care services.
Pros
Excellent service
Cons
Families have to qualifiy to be eligible for service.
Pay More
Ms. Romero (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CA 93036June 21, 2017
You are considered, "Sel- Employed." The more children per family you take care of the more money you make. No benefits, no pay if child not in your care. You have to do daily sign in and out sheets.
Pros
You get some cash coming in.
Cons
Pay is scarce.
Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMarch 14, 2017
Child Development Resources is a nonprofit organization that began with the Federal First Five program. They supply day-care center personnel and facilities for low-income families.

The monthly payables were created by the day-care center time sheets prepared by the care giver and signed by the parents. My other payable duties included travel expense reimbursement, utilities, and rents.

All the staff worked very well together and with other departments.
Hard working, very enthusiastic about my work, welling to work with others and provide guidance and support for staff. Very approachable
Early Care and Education Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAFebruary 8, 2017
Always busy, sometimes long hours with no overtime paid. I enjoyed being in the classroom and observe the children during their play time and love to interact with children. Always love to provide support for teachers in curriculum implementation, behavioral support for children with behavior problem, as well as providing class materials.
excellent organization to work for
Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAFebruary 1, 2017
Absolutely the best experience ever, loved helping others. Wonderful learning experiences. day to day varied. Attended meetings
What you get when working with CDR
Lead teacher (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJanuary 5, 2017
This job looks great when you apply.
What I expected from this job: I was prone by the CDR's website.
CDR is promising to help low income families; and it does. CDR is promising training for the teachers, and it does.

What you get when working with CDR:
a lot of paper work- DRDP, CLASS, office work.

If you look for a place where you make a difference in the life of children, CDR is not a good place. It is a safe place for children but the educational part and the welfare of the children is not a priority for the company.

CDR is a big corporate and has the corporate mentality forgetting that the teachers should be valued
Pros
training
Cons
corporate mentality
taking care of our future
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAOctober 18, 2016
when can you ever go wrong with taking care of kids. working as a child care provider was an awesome experience. Not only do you get to pick the hours of work but you can provide care in your own home, pick your own hours and if your a license provider you can choose your amount of pay for each child. So if taking care of kids and making your own hours is what you want to do then try being a provider.
Pros
teaching kids, own hours, great pay
Productive and fun workplace
Classroom Aide (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJuly 11, 2016
It was fun teaching and playing with all the children. Co-workers and supervisor were great people to work with. It was a great company to work for, very attentive to employee needs and concerns. Offered a great benefits package.
Productive and fun working with the children and my coworkers
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMay 12, 2016
I feel happy going to work everyday because working with children is enjoyable and fun. The most enjoyable part of being a teacher is when a child hugs me and tells me that he/she loves me. Dealing with children with behavior issue could be a challenge sometimes and it considered the hardest part of my job. I learned and gained lots of experience from my job and I attended many workshops and training with my company.
Pros
Summer vacation
Excellent
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMay 5, 2016
I had the opportunity to learn and grow in a very short period of time. My supervisor was amazing and had great people skills.
Pros
My peers were awesome and hardworking always a pleasure to work with