Child and Family Focus, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Hated it
Behavioral Therapist Consultant/Mobile Therapist (Former Employee) –  Audubon, PAJuly 10, 2018
Poor pay, poor management, No supervision, long hours, no support from anyone in the agency. long hours, much travel using own care with no reimbursement for gas.
Fun workplace
Respite Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Chester County, PAMarch 7, 2018
I always enjoyed being a Respite Caregiver for Child and Family Focus. The families that I provided respite for were always beyond greatly for my help and knowledge. Working for Child and Family Focus allowed for a reasonable income yet had very flexible hours. I loved how I could create my own schedule. I would always recommend this job opportunity to anyone looking for a respite position.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
minimal updates on families
Great experiences
Behavior Specialist Consultant/Mobile Therapist (Current Employee) –  Valley Forge, PA 19481March 1, 2018
Great experiences, great staff and cooperative work environment.
Friendly staff and co workers. Everyone is supportive and helpful through the process.
Very stressful job/ very hard to maintain work/life balance
Blended Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hatboro, PASeptember 24, 2017
It's a good job for recent college graduate but the pay/benefits, lack of consistent stable hours, constant travel and the demands of the work duties are not worth it.
Great for experience, not for Financial Gains
Respite Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Broomall, PAAugust 27, 2017
The environment and administration are very supportive, however you're hired as a contractor, which means no benefits, the rates are fixed, and your time-in is based solely on your clientele and their commitment to utilize your services. The pay is great but the consistency therein is not.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, cooperative coworkers, excellent communication, fair pay rates
Cons
inconsistent hours per week, no benefits, no reimbursement for gas milage
Social work
HiFi Family Teams Wraparound Facilitator (Current Employee) –  PAMarch 21, 2017
Providing planning for families within the county. Work alongside county agencies to provide the best services for each individual family. Provide structure for families, celebrate successes and work towards family self-efficacy
review
Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hatboro, PAMay 31, 2016
Child and Family Focus, Inc. is a place where I have many opportunities to grow professionally. Management is accommodating and always willing to help. I enjoy working there.
supportive work environment
CRT intern (Current Employee) –  Audubon, PAMay 5, 2016
I completed an internship for my MSW program at Child and Family Focus, and I could not have asked for a friendlier learning environment. Staff members were very supportive and helpful with any questions that I asked. I had the opportunity to observe staff in the field, as well as experience having my own caseload. My supervisor and coworkers expressed confidence in my abilities, which has been extremely helpful in building my own professional confidence. It is evident that CFF cares about the well-being of their staff members, which I believe is very beneficial in a field that has a high rate of burnout.
Great Agency with many different programs
Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Broomall, PAMay 3, 2016
It is a really great place to work for. Much depends on which department you are in with how you will like the job. The agency goes out of the way to make you feel welcomed. The most difficult aspect of the job was working in teams and support. That was based more in the department, and didn't represent the agency as a whole.
Pros
flexible
Cons
nothing with the agency
Innovative, Creative and Dynamic Company
Psychologist (Current Employee) –  Audubon, PAApril 25, 2016
CFF was founded by a man who put servant leadership in to practice in his professional career long before the company was founded. I’ve had the privilege of working at CFF at the beginning and have seen the tireless efforts to provide our families with the supports they need to reach their full potential. In that process CFF is innovative, creative, and dynamic. This is a company that from the get go has put CASSP principles into practice not because it is noble goal or something to be achieved but because it is integral to the principles upon which the company was founded. The agency has a giving attitude and works collaboratively with other programs to foster a team approach so that our family’s needs are put in the forefront. As an employer CFF is unbelievably flexible and has supported my higher learning while maintaining my professional position so that I could meet my personal and professional goals. My personal experience, my association with the other professionals in the agency, and my knowledge of its founder and board members contribute to my recommendation of CFF as creating a professional atmosphere in which staff as well as families are able to flourish.
Supportive Organization
CRT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Audubon, paApril 19, 2016
I am so grateful for the experience I have had of my several years of employment at CFF. In addition to being provided with the space , support, and kindness to flourish as an employee, I also felt I was given the gift of being understood as an unique individual in a culture that shows extreme care and commitment to serving families and individuals with the intention of strengthening communities.
what you learned
PCA (Current Employee) –  Audubon, PAOctober 20, 2015
At this job, I learned how to collaborate with other team members for the improvements of our clients. I have also learned how to properly implement behavior treatment plans.
Good entry level position
Family Based Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hatboro, PAJune 7, 2015
Great job to learn and enhance clinical skills but the pay is low and the job requires long hours. There is not much room for growth unless you are there for many years. the company does try to show appreciation for employees but this hardly makes up for hard work and low pay. Benefits are very costly as well.
Pros
Training
Cons
Pay, hours
Behavioral Support Consultant and Mobile Therapist
B.S.C. and Mobile Therapist (Former Employee) –  Kennett Square, PAMay 23, 2015
Traveling to school, home or community, working for Child and Family Focus was an exciting opportunity to serve children (ages 3 - 21) who struggled with mental or behavioral health.

Juggling seeing 15 clients weekly was a challenge, but I felt it important to 'check in' with 'my kids' on a regular basis in an effort to help them maintain their treatment goals.

I had the privilege for working for 2 lady bosses who were great - that was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
set your own schedule
Cons
put a lot of miles on your car
review below
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valley Forge, PAJuly 14, 2014
Manage all phone lines, prep charts for doctors, assist directors of all programs, schedule and confirm appointments for 300 clients monthly. Worked closely with all Case Managers to assists all clients and their families.
Hardest part of the job was keeping current with all insurance changes.
Meeting all the challenges of clients with a positive results
Pros
very rewarding working in a pleasant atmosphere
Cons
location
Dedication to improving lives of others and holding hopes when our clients can not
Family Based Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Hatboro, PA 19040September 18, 2013
Child and Family Focus respects, honors, and values the committment of employees dedicated to changing the lives of children, youth, and families. Every employee loves what they do and are motivated for working non-stop to advocate and model healthy systems for change. I work with flexible schedule as a Family Therapist and provided individual and family therapy to each client. I work with crisis and am dedicated to improving the lives of my client through my work.
Not a bad place to work, but there are better opportunities in the Greater Philadelphia
Office Help!  (Former Employee) –  Hatboro, PAJune 28, 2013
Worked there in the creating stages where no one knew who they were and were pushing the God faith base experience... Where they were offered all types of grants to operate programs. Programs were ok, but the staffing was mediocre. Still seems to be below average staffing especially in the Hatboro location. Staff has been known for accepting donations and not applying them to the appropriate places. Not fully invested in their community or staff. Executives are invested in their retirement and not the industry.
Pros
Flex hours as they make their own schedules...
Cons
Do not pay well, and do not pay attention to the details of quality workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Child and Family Focus, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Child and Family Focus, Inc. Reviews by Location