ChildCare Careers

ChildCare Careers Employee Reviews

United States307 reviews

ChildCare Careers insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

N/a

It was an okay job, on call for the most part. Not a consistent schedule. It worked for me at the time but needed stability. I enjoyed being around different children constantly but hard not to get attached.

Pros

Different learning environments, lots of new faces

Cons

Short breaks, low pay

Decent pay, not consistent work

No paid time offNo paid holidaysNo overtime opportunities Best flexibility everUnderstanding staff when you call outNot consistent work at all, I had 2 full weeks with no workPretty good pay and you can get promoted if you’re in school taking the necessary classesCOVID caused way less work availability No benefitsStuck in a contract up to a year after leaving, cannot work at any location you went to during your career here for up to a yearIf a school wants to hire you, they have to buy you out of your contract

Pros

Pay Flexibility in schedule Kind staff

Cons

Inconsistent work Will not defend you against school complaints

Great flexible work pace

Great place to work , flexible hours work at your own pace all holidays off. Great management who acknowledge your work performance lots of encouragement.

Cons

flexible with hours and locations- biggest plus

this job has been flexible with my hours and locations. it has been interesting to work at varying child care locations and see the different quality of care at each location. they do give you the option of turning temporary work into permanent work.

Pros

flexible hours and locations

Cons

low pay, management is frustrating to interact with

Substitute work...various sites

They give what hours they can...Covid has made things challenging.As things open again it should get better. Programs open and then have to cut back staffing.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

.thanks to Covid not consistent hours

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Overall

I enjoy working here they make things easy for you from picking your own shifts to paying for milage. The only things that has changed is the point system.

Pros

They are very helpful.

Cons

None so far

The place bad

The place is by call so you do not have a guarantee of the hours, pay 17 dlls an hour and they do not help with the study and if you resign and someone from a place hired you they have to pay 1500 dlls to the ccc because they gave you and you They learned why you worked through them.

Pros

Is fexible

Cons

No have garanti the hours

Flexible work but paid unfairly

Loved that you are able to have a very flexible schedule. I really thought they were paying their old workers unfairly. New hires get paid more which was really hard to find out. I really liked how you get to learn something new from every school site you are assigned to.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Low pay

Fun workplace if you enjoy working with kids!

If you are able to adapt fairly quickly then this is the job for you. You can choose your own schedule but your week can vary from one week to the next. One week you may be at three different sites at another you can stay at one site for almost a whole month. Loved the exposure to different school districts and campuses. Good entry level position if you’re looking to get into the educational field.

Pros

Flexible, easy, choose your own schedule.

Cons

Assignments aren’t guaranteed, pay, inconsistency.

Kind people, very flexible hours- they’re also understanding. Only con is that I wish I could get paid more but this is my first time in this field. So yeah

Pros

flexible schedule

Good starter job

Good job to start at but definitely don’t stay with this company long term. No benefits and placement can be rude and have attitudes occasionally. Pay isn’t great either.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

No benefits at all. Placement can be kind of rude. Pay isn’t good

Most workplaces was productive.

I traveled to many schools. Some school wanted you to do things that was not in my job title .The company wouldn't give you appropriate time to accept a assignment.

Pros

Cons

Short breaks

Good Agency

Very flexible schedules and kids are awesome. Lots of jobs available and you can always call the coordinators if you have questions. Paid on time and fairly.

Awesome management with good communication

As a Recruiter, I LOVED MY JOB. Upper management are all polite and friendly. Goals are attainable. NO MICRO MANAGEMENT. Bonuses if you are productive. There is a family friendly vibe.

Pros

Flexible schedule, respectful supervisors

Good Start off Job

Working for the company is alright if you don't mind getting bounced around every day, sometimes you have a set schedule, sometimes you don't, they don't always go off your ability to work, but the call center can help. There are sites that remind you that you are there to help them and they don't always welcome you like other sites, but you can block them.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Not always guaranteed assignments that day or that week

Super great company

I feel well compensated for my contributions which is very rare in the childcare field. I love going to work every day because I'm being paid well.

Pros

Good pay, make your own schedule

Cons

No healthcare until after 12 months of employment, no pto or sick pay

It's easy work but no paid time off

I like working here besides the fact that we don't get benefits really and paid time off (not even for holidays). Everything else about the company isn't bad. I like being around the kids and meeting some cool people at new places.

Good pay but has downfalls

Good pay , have to stay on call if you’re not scheduled for the days you have available which could affect your day if you’re running errands, can give your assignment away sometimes less than 5 mins , not a job you can really move up in, decent if you want like a part time or need certain days scheduled for yourself.

Pros

Good pay, sometimes nice schools

Cons

Can’t move up, on call

Make sure you're 100% healthy at ALL times

I loved working for this company. The only thing is don't accept an assignment and suddenly get sick or have a sick child, they will fire you. It has been over 4 yrs and I still can't get rehired because of that. I know that because of COVID a lot of centers need workers and to not rehire someone is crazy. Then on top of that, they ignore you when you email them regarding your status.

Pros

You pick when you want to work

Cons

Management, not enough available shifts, no benefits

Productive and fun work place

Pretty great but not fair with the pay. Unless you bug them with a lot of voicemails, emails, and texts. But it’s great with schedule . You don’t get paid for holidays or if someone had COVID they shut the school down and you don’t get to work and don’t get paid

Fun work

The actual job and pay is great however the hours are not guaranteed so it’s not stable. You also lose points for not accepting assignments for short hours.

Cons

No hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ChildCare Careers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight