ChildCare Careers Employee Reviews

Horrible Management
Teachers Aid (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, CAAugust 10, 2018
Employees are Very rude and Unprofessional and don't have any good Communication Skills I learned that I do want to make a Professional Career and have my own home day care. When you go to schools sometimes the employees are rude because they will ask you if you have units and get mad when you say that you dont have any units. nothing is hard about the job if you love being around kids this jobs is enjoyable depending what school they put you at.
Good job; flexible hours, but slow in summer
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 19, 2018
I like working here, it gives me the flexible schedule I need for school, but I'm not always guaranteed to have an assignment every day of the week. It's basically an on-call job, which is fine during the school year, but during the summer, you're lucky to have an assignment at all during the week. You even have the opportunity to get a raise with every ECE class you take, which can be helpful.
Pros
Flexible, you set your own hours and days.
Cons
Not always guaranteed an assignment.
N/a
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2018
At childcare careers this was a nice job to work with your kids ages 3 to 5 years old some days would be a lot of noise hollering screaming with the kids but other days the kids are very nice
It's a start to get your foot in the door to education
Assistant Teacher/Sub (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 16, 2018
Have to be up and ready for work placement before 6am. Learned about adjusting to different enviroments, cultures, and backgrounds Managenet was fine to get along with and communicated well. hardest part was dealing with drama of certain individuals, depending on where you are placed. Traveling to different cities and getting trained in different areas of the job.
Cons
No benefits at all
rewarding/stressfull
Teacher's Aid (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJune 27, 2018
It was one of my most rewarding (because of the kids) jobs but also the most stressful. the company requires for you to keep highly detailed notes on your own group of children that can be up to fifteen children for the older children and at lest five of the preschoolers. You are required to collect twenty note worthy note a day and collect them in their individual folders that might be checked on by corporate annually.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Unused/Unnecessary note taking on the children
Difficult Career Advancement
Associate Teacher (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 21, 2018
When I got hired with ChildCare Careers, I was told that I was not under contract. By being told that, I assumed that I was free to leave when I chose. After working at a few schools, I found one that I would like to work at permanently. The problem was, although I was not under contract, the SCHOOL had a contract with CCC. That meant that I could not work for the company that I wanted to work with unless they paid CCC a fee. Most companies, don't choose to pay that fee, so I was not able to get a job for that company. YOU HAVE TO WAIT A YEAR BEFORE YOU CAN APPLY AT A COMPANY THAT YOU WORKED FOR THROUGH CCC!!

Also, you MUST keep track of your anniversary dates! You are entitled to a raise each year. If you don't say anything, NEITHER WILL THEY!!
Pros
freedom to block sites that I don't like working at
Cons
job advancement is a problem, you have to REALLY keep track of your pay rates
productive
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2018
I really liked child care careers this was a very good company to work . The majority of the centers that I worked for were very good looking inside and out.
Ok place to work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 9, 2018
When you work for Childcare Careers you need to be willing to take a long term assignment at a Head Start school in order to have steady hours. I have worked at three so far, and they were awful. The Head Start teachers were awful to the kids and incredibly lazy. It gets stressful listening to them yell at and berate small children all day. Secondly, they treated me like an indentured servant. I supervised the kids by myself most of each day while the “teachers” were on their phones, computers, and chatting with each other. I also got to do all the cleaning and they would act like I wasn’t even in the room much of the time. Meanwhile, I get paid 12$ an hour as a substitute while they make 15$ on up for not doing much at all. The sickening thing was when they would have a higher up from Head Start pop in to observe them they threw lessons together real quick and interacted with the kids like they are supposed to be doing everyday.
Working at corporate childcare centers was much better (though still a little stressful). At least the staff at those places were nice to substitutes and treated me like a person instead of “the help”.
Pros
Can kind of control your schedule
Cons
Working at Head Start
good job
Substitute Infant/Toddler and preschool teacher (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 7, 2018
A substitute agency. Good pay and you set your own hours and locations on where you want to work. You get to work in many centers and see different teaching styles and how different people run their business. Sometimes you get hired to sub at one location for a few days or even a few weeks. Sometimes it is slow and you don't get any work. It is what it is. If you like being a sub then this is the place for you.
Set your schedule
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAApril 25, 2018
Again the best thing is to be able to set your own schedule around life, school and or other jobs. Bad part is could not be enough work when you need it.
temporary work
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2018
It is a temporary position. Different school each week. if your rating is good you get more job offers. they offer flexible scheduling. days off are easily given for dr appointments and such
Productive and Fun
TEACHER'S AIDE (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2018
Teaching preschoolers is a fun and rewarding job all in itself. No day is the same day which is interesting because I usually travel to different schools. Children are our future and I am happy serving them.
relaxed place of employment
Childcare Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 6, 2018
it was a very relaxed place of employment because I worked at a lot of different childcare centers but there was benefits and the payroll department was out of state and my checks were always late and wrong
Perfect Job while you search for Permanent
Childcare Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAMarch 5, 2018
I don't know why I'm reading negative reviews. I was so grateful to discover this Agency. I wish I had known about them many years ago. This opportunity rescued me from my desperate job hunt. Thank God I already had previous childcare experience, so I was confident that they could help me. CCC allows you to accept or not accept an assignment (I ALWAYS ACCEPT) They allow you to choose how many miles you are willing to drive. The farther, the more work. I was in Long Beach, so I was busy.

I am no longer with them because I moved back to Las Vegas unexpectedly. I am so BUMMED that they arent in Nevada. I pray that they will recruit here VERY SOON.

My favorite thing was that I got a variety of Preschools. I loved going to different places. I didn't want to be at one place for too long. They are very understanding. THANK YOU, CCC for helping me.
Pros
Will keep you working if you want to..... 100% Thumbs UP
Cons
They are not in Nevada I wish they were!!!!!!
Very fun company
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 18, 2018
This company is great. You can make your own hours you want to work. You get to go to different school in the state you live in. The people are very friendly.
Good position for Temp work
Substitute Teacher for Preschool, VPK, HEADSTART (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 1, 2018
It is acceptable work while I look for other more permanent with benefits like health insurance. I get called whenever I am needed. I determine the time frame and distance from home.
Pros
I can detemine my hours
Cons
No guaranteed hours or benefits
Not something I would do again...
Substitute Teaching Aide (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 29, 2018
It was a temporary/part-time job, but it felt very demanding. I had two, more strict part-time jobs while hosting this one, and CCC would call me every day for an assignment. Depending on who you speak with in telling whether you can do the job or not, you will either be approached with a respectful or disrespectful tone. I was not notified that my original supervisor had left her role, so when I emailed to inquire to quit the job, I was emailing no one. In terms of the centers I was placed at, sometimes I was placed in a room alone or with the inaccurate aide to child ratios--which are huge no-no's for the job. Another center's director even blamed me for things she thought went wrong in the center when it was her employee that helped direct me in my actions. Most of the time, I was sent for early jobs in Norristown; I do not drive and I live in Philadelphia, I am grateful for the experience and to learn that I would never do a job like this ever again.
Pros
Experience working with children
Cons
Excessive calling, not being able to say "no" to assignments, pay, far away assignments, centers not following guidelines, being left alone in rooms with students, low benefits
Nice Place to Work
Regional Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2018
Great environment to work. The employees were really nice and very eager to work. Being able to create your own work schedule was a plus. Very slow in the summer months due to childcare being slow.
Pros
great office
Cons
location
A less stressful environment with more support.
Substitute Teacher (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2018
It was a rewarding experience to work with pre-school children and along with a support teacher, provide a safe and play-based learning environment. It was stressful when there were not enough workers to help out in the classrooms.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not enough co-workers to he;lp in the classrooms
Fun work place if you love kids
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJanuary 19, 2018
The management is average. They don't pay your mileage, on-call job, lots of driving to a school site. I guess if you have more availability you get more hours to work. It was fun working with children and teacher. I enjoy most of the time there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ChildCare Careers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

1.8Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight