ChildCare Careers
82High

ChildCare Careers Employee Reviews

United States238 reviews
Generally, I enjoy it and I like the schools I go to. But I admit employment is not always guaranteed especially during covid, so assignments are bit unpredictable and not always consistent. Aside from Covid-19, it is an decent way to start experience in ECE field and can choose when to work. But as a heads up, I advise to not reject assignments a lot since CCC this past year or so has made a point system where rejecting an assignment can cause loss of points and running out of points leads to employment ending. Also, definitely be flexible since assignments can be given at random times. As long as you notify of schedule changes in advance, there won't be issues.
Pros
variety of schools, can choose hours, good start in ECE
Cons
strict point system, assignments can be given randomly, no benefits
Independence, you set your own days and hours. very flexible.Hard part of this job...every center has different ways of doing things. So, you have to be observant and patient with staff and children.
Pros
Salary is decent salary according to YOUR teacher qualification and license..
Cons
No cons
I have been with them for over three years. It can be a stressful job at times only because you simply do not know what you are walking into some schools are really dis organized. However, whenever I feel overwhelmed or have a stressful situation my recruiters are always a phone call away. They simply always have your back. It can be stressful because you may not always get your hours and especially since covid most of the long term assignments do not exist.
Pros
Good management, loving kids, different atmosphere
Cons
Not always getting full time hours, no PTO, no holiday pay and no benefits.
I haven't been working there that long but it is a job that is very upfront about what they need from as an employee. The have an open line of communication and always willing to work with you if possible.
Pros
Freedom, flexibility
Cons
No benefits is the absolute worst
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Very good experience. Hiring process was easy. I got a 40 hour/week position as soon as I completed the hiring paperwork. They allowed me to schedule days off whenever I needed.
Pros
I could take days off whenever I needed to
Cons
No health insurance unless you have worked full-time for one year
I love working with kids, but was having trouble finding a job at a school i liked. CCC allowed me to work different centers until I found one I liked and became permanent. First I worked with Toddlers, and then with 3rd graders after school, but Preschool was my favorite classroom. They also have a website for employees where I could adjust my schedule so I can take time off when my daughter was sick or for our family vacation last year. They paid for my ECE classes and allowed me to leave work early to attend college, and I received a raise when I finished some classes. The lady who does the hiring is very helpful and encouraging. The kids at the schools were fun to play with and teach them things and the other teachers were nice too.
Pros
Flexible schedules, salary is good, staff are nice
Cons
kids can be frustrating sometimes
It was pretty cool. You pick your own hours and can reject an assignment if you want. You also can choose how far you want to travel. Not much room for advancement but overall it’s cool.
Job is rewarding and extremely flexible however the first few months are a little challenging but once you have the experience and you get the routine down, it is a very rewarding job.
They are very flexiable. They are nice and seem to be very understanding. The pay is better than most preschools around are. The only negative thing is due to covid they have not been having many assignments
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
not always 40 hours
Overall it is great to work there. It is pretty flexible to set your schedule (just go on the website and change the availblities on the days you want to be off without giving a call to the placement coordinator.) Sometimes it is hard to reach the placement coordinator (they are always busy). Most of the time you will get an on-going assistment for schools which are short in staff, so you won't a job assignement early in the morning for that day. You are most likely be an teacher assistant in school and supervise students.
Pros
flexible schedule, fair pay for experienced teacher
Cons
communication
I traveled to many schools to fill in as a substitute. No matter where I went, if I was a floating teacher doing breaks or a lead teacher filling in, I was always welcomed in with open arms. I learned so much about all age groups and loved every place I went to.
Pros
Create your on schedule
Cons
Last min call ins
I was fired from this job because someone in the office refused to accept my notification and work request off. They also created a reason, not according to policy, to let me go, saying that I was not properly accepting jobs. Prior to working with the Dallas-Fort Worth office, I worked in Austin Texas and gotten Teacher of the month once. I am not sure why this company decided to let me go. They first began to cut my hours and then when I requested work by calling they would tell me that they didn't have any work. I believe they didn't want me to be at the company anymore because of how much I was getting paid. They were trying not to pay me as much as I was getting paid in Austin, TX. I had to pull up my personal records because she refused to look them up before I pulled them up. This was a great company to work with prior to beginning work in Dallas-Fort Worth. I regret working with them at this time. Otherwise, the actual job was great. I love children and loved meeting different people often. I worked at several places and rarely ever had an incident. If there was an incident, I would report it to the facility and to the company I worked with.
Pros
Above average pay, flexibility
Cons
Poor business management
This job allows me to be flexible and do a job I love. I get to work with people and even children who I learn so much from. By doing this job I'm gaining more experience
A terrible compamy. I found out after one year working for them, the first HR person, gave me a lower pay rate than I should have with my education and experience. The first month they say they can send you over 30 miles away for an assignment. They continue after 30 days to send you far from your home.They contract with poor schools that conduct inappropriate and sometimes abusive actions with the children. I reported one school to the abuse hotline that hit children and left toddlers with a dirty diaper and refused to let them drink water after playing outside. Another school had one playground for several different ages. Equipment was not age appropriate and babies were eating mulch. I quit to give childcare for a private family and feel respected and receive a better salary.
Pros
mostly offer assignments often.
Cons
Assignments are with low grade schools or locations many miles to drive, even in another city
I enjoy working for the company but during the covid 19 I needed assistance and they wouldn't give me a letter saying I wasn't working that's the only real problem I had with the company
Cons
No healthcare and don't get paid for holidays
Great place to work. Management is awesome and always helpful. If you are someone who likes to work on your own. You would like the Regional Recruiter job.If you are wanting to be a substitute teacher, the flexibility and spontaneity is exciting.
Pros
Flexibility and stability
Cons
Working alone at times
I've work for this company and i had great experience working for them. intend to return to work for them gain because I'm looking for flexible hours and that they they accommodate because you can change your schedule to fit your needs
Pros
you make your own schedule
Cons
There are no benifits nor holiday pay
I really enjoyed this job I went to several different daycare centers until a center like me so much they asked me to stay. However there was a time when I hadn't received a job for a little while but it was only briefly.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Pauses in jobs at times
I loved working with different age groups and characters ,also choosing my own available hours and off days . You can also rate schools to your liking.
Pros
Make own schedule
Cons
Working with behavior issues
You deal with children between infancy and age 5. Kids may seem fun but there are challenging moments if you are down for the good that come with the bad this job is for you
Pros
Meeting the kids gaining relationships with them
Cons
None really depends person to person
I really enjoyed working for them . They were great and helpful and the children I loved teaching Them. I love teaching them about fine gross motor skills
Pros
They were really friendly