ChildCareGroup Employee Reviews

Great Starter Career
Eligibility Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2018
It seems like a great company to work for. It also seems to be a great company to start a new career and also see how it is to work in a professional setting.
Workplace Culture
Financial Management Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2018
This company let me go after having surgery with no explanation other than my FLMA didn't start for another week. I felt that was very unfair. To say the least it taught me something about the company values.
I love working for them.
Teacher Aide Sub (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75227June 4, 2018
The company was really great. I love working with the company. I just wished they had companies closer to my house. I love the routine I enjoyed the children the environment.
Positive work place environment
Assistant to Family Child Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 10, 2018
I would recommend the organization to anyone with an early childhood background to work with them. The Childcare group is a great place to expand your skill and knowledge.
it is the best day care work i have had
EARLY HEADSTART (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 23, 2018
low ratios and lots of resources for the teachers. the schedules are simple and you always get your 40 hours even if there aren't many kids you can actually have time to work on your room and plan activities.
Pros
off days and scheduling
Cons
low pay
very loving center positive stationary for children
Daycare Worker (Former Employee) –  Harper Woods, MINovember 28, 2017
it was a very safe environment healthy, clean organic. loving children everything they needed was provided from food to games.etc i learned alot of children and the business of the childcare it was very suitable for me. i love children i love playing with them teaching them new things showing them a light of concern and care. the thing i dislike about the job was that i didnt get enough hours and the training but everything work together for my good.the most enjoyable part of this job was helping others with there children when they couldnt do it all by themselves BASICALLY STEPPING INTO THERE SHOES HELPING AND GUILDING THEM TO BE THE BEST THEY CAN BE. ALLOWING THEM TO GROW ON A HEALTHY MUTURING STATE.
Pros
free lunches great safety classes
Cons
good breaks had turns sharing the staffing
Great Work Place
Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXOctober 12, 2017
It provides an excellent work environment.If working with families in need is your passion this is the place to start. Serving others and children are my passion and at ChildCareGroup I got to work with both. It was a great experience working with the families and staff is its most part great.
Great work environment
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2017
Amazing coworkers and work environment, however compensation is low. Your day tends to never run over 8 hours, however you do have plenty of goals and deadlines to meet. Everything is time sensitive.
Productive and fun place, with energizes children willing to learn and as a teacher willing to teach.
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Martin Luther King DallasApril 19, 2017
My day starts when I enter the building and into my room, welcoming the children and always willing to hear them out. Circle time is important early in the morning, there is where we learn most of the things that are needed to be prepared for Kindergarten.
We also transition into different areas in the classrooms where the children's imagination opens up and they can be free to go wherever they desire to go inside the different areas.Making them feel independent means a lot to them as far as choosing their activities, unless we have a classroom activity together. Lunch is also a learning experience, we talk about the different tastes of food that are provided. Nap time is well deserved to get them some rest and to get up energized from their nap. preparing to receive our parents we also have an activity for them, they will go and pick up their names and place them at the (home) picture, ready to say good bye.
The most enjoyable part of my day is when they are learning a little bit every day and seeing their progress as time goes.
Very Productive and a fun family enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2017
This is a great place to work, the management is great and they offer competitive salary, They do consider holidays and its a great place to work if you like to help people,
Pros
Great enviroment, Great Pay.
Cons
I have none

Want to know more about ChildCareGroup?

Ask a question
good company
Financial. Managment (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 22, 2016
A good company to work for. raises not good . people are great. work easy. people been there more than 50 yrs. data entry. great vacation days.
great company
Eligibility Specialist II/ Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2015
Great company to work for benefits and pay could be better. Great place to get case management experience. Great management. Employees easy to get along with.
Productive and fast paced
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 20, 2015
Fun and fast passed work environment
Family atmosphere and very reasonable
Co workers are awesome and good at there jobs
ChildCareGroup is an excellent organization to work for and I act as a sub when required.
Early Childhood Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 24, 2015
A typical work day for me started at 6:30am or 9:00am and ended anywhere from 3:30pm to 6:30pm depending on the schedule for the day. I learned that the individuals that we worked with needed aid and help from key social service agencies. I managed a team of nineteen. My co-workers consisted of other Early Childhood Center Managers over the city of Dallas. The hardest part of my job was not always being able to provide all the services to those who needed them because they did not meet the guidelines. The best part of my job was to encourage and enable the staff as well as the families I worked with to grow.
Pros
Co-pay insurance
Great benefits, very flexible
Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 20, 2014
I was responsible for the upkeep of around 300 Early Headstart and Headstart health records. I had to make sure the children were up to date on their shots, physicals and dental. I performed health screenings. Sometimes I would have to go on home visits.
Provider Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2014
we work with low income parents needing child care while they are working or attending school.
Helping young people locate day care for their child/ren.
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, txMay 22, 2014
You are trained to operate multiple systems: SNAPs, unemployment etc., to evaluate actual need of a individual, calling employers and or school to confirm response. Employees are long terms and is a worker friendly environment.
Pros
allows new moms to bring babies to work
Cons
most employees fear loosing their position to new comers.
You're so busy, time really flies by! Excellent place to work!
Staff Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 16, 2013
My job at ChildCareGroup was very interesting and no two days were the same. If you have the heart and enjoy helping people, this was the job for you. I learned having patience for the internal as well as the external customers was always needed, because you never know who is utilizing our services and all information was confidential and was not to be shared. And knowing when to have a little empathy and go the extra mile for a customer can sometimes make your day and sometimes not. Because we worked 8 hours or more a day, your co-workers almost becomes your family and having the "teamwork, makes the dream work" motto, it keeps you focused on your goals. Having a management team that encourage staff to give their input, since they're the ones doing the job, it gave staff a sense of being heard or acknowledged. The hardest part of the job was telling parents when they were not eligible to receive child care or that we did not have any funding. And the most enjoyable part was when we had additional funding to place families in care that had been waiting on the wait list for child care assistance. That's a phone call you don't mind making or taking.
Pros
Business casual dress, and jeans on Friday
Cons
When there were no funding, phone lines were overloaded.
Fun place to work if you love children
Assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2013
Child Care Group was a very interesting and fun place to work. I enjoyed working with the children in my care. Seeing how the learning process worked and how lovable the children were. It is always exciting to see children discover and learn new things.
Pros
Teaching the children, and seeing them get what they learned
Cons
The short lunches
Not a stable work environment
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 24, 2013
The management was not reliable and consistant. The work day was full of misdirected instruction and confusion.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ChildCareGroup. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight