Childhelp Employee Reviews

typical day at work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lignum, VAApril 24, 2019
I worked nights and was part time. when you arrive at work, you administer meds to children. You do a lot of paperwork bc nothing is computerized. Nights were not too busy unless kids were sick throughout the night. The nurse update medication profiles monthly and made sure the medications that arrived every night were logged and distributed accordingly. It was rewarding to see kids progress and get better.
Pros
Children progression
Cons
nothing really except night shift
Very stressful and under paid if you are not liked!!!!
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, CAMarch 26, 2019
Nothing nice to say...feel sorry for the residents and the staff still there. If you are liked you are treated fare and paid well...on the other hand...if you are not liked u are treated like nothing nice talked about in suprvsrs meetings...disrespected over looked of the hard work you put in...not recognized for anything positive that you do but anything you may have done wrong...you are overlooked and expected to do alot!!!!
Pros
Coworkers and some supervisors made the job fun place to be at.
Cons
Pay, bias admin, favoritism
Take the experience do not stay long or it will ruin your career
NOPE (Former Employee) –  Lignum, VaFebruary 5, 2019
The ONLY positive thing I can say about this company is that the children are lucky enough to have no clue how dysfunctional the company is and how depressed their direct care staff are
Pros
Free food
Cons
Any and everything else you can imagine that company can do wrong to their employees
Brutal place to work!
TBS Coach Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, CAJanuary 19, 2019
The work is hard, although the satisfaction in working with these vulnerable children is great. Management did not create a climate in which employees felt valued.
Great place to give back. Unprofessional Executive, HR and clinical director. Lack of commitment to the mission.
Current employee (Former Employee) –  Lignum, VANovember 17, 2018
Absolutely love having the opportunity to contribute to a child’s life. Absolutely despise the politics, nepotism, and unprofessionalism of directors.
Pros
Lots of learning experiences
Cons
Leadership
worplace culture
Paraprofessional/Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lignum, VANovember 2, 2018
You have no room for true growth as they hire friends and people they choose based of personal relationships opposed skills and best fit for positions. There are many inappropriate relationship between different levels of staff.
If you want to be treated unfair, not recognized, and low pay this place is for you!
Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Beaumont caSeptember 29, 2018
I see friends, people come and go. This place loses workers each day. I’m very surprise how it still open. The donations that Childhelp receives are millions of dollars. Sadly which the workers here never see. The kids here are always in raggedy clothes. Obviously the money is not used on them.. I wonder where it goes?!? Staff are treated unfair. If you see something and say something administration will snitch and tell the supervisors and the sup.. tells the staff. So no one is safe. Not even your cars.
Pros
Beautiful scenery
Cons
No breaks, short staff
Terrible staff
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, CAAugust 29, 2018
I was very excited to work in ChildHelp for the satisfaction of helping at risk children, but the actual work wasn't what I expected. They didn't treat the children how they talked about in training and the amounts of times I heard them yell at the kids for stupid reasons was ridiculous. If you truly love children, and want to provide them with a loving and caring place they can call "home", do not work here! The staff that work in the cottages (the actual homes where the kids stay) are very unprofessional. Honestly, I don't understand how these people were hired! If you are looking for a professional environment where you can grow with your degree do not work here !
Pros
The actual location is beautiful; it has many resources for the children to use.
Cons
The staff is extremely unprofessional, the children are not treated accordingly, the pay is low.
Too many politics
Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, CAJune 8, 2018
The company only cares about money not the kids or the employees. Like a high school everyone hooking up not there to actually work. Low pay nasty food no brakes
Pros
Helping Children
Cons
Low pay no breaks
easy job
DIRECT CARE STAFF (Former Employee) –  Lignum, VA 22726April 25, 2018
take care of children, help with overrall needs. Record and log information. Audit paperwork at night. get breakfast for kids in morning help them to school and get dressed.
Pros
free breakfast or lunch
Cons
overnight hours
Fun, engaging place but this was in 2007-2010 so not sure how it is now
WRITER/DONOR SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 23, 2018
I loved Childhelp - believed in its mission, had a great time writing for the founders, and made friends that became like family. Also, I learned about foster care programs and used Salesforce for the first time in my life-every day was interesting - never bored or extremely stressed - felt like it was a good place to work. If not laid off during the recession with other peers, would still be there today celebrating 11 years!
Pros
Nice people, excellent programs for Children, fun holiday events
Cons
Can't think of any
One of my most rewarding positions
Childcare Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lignum, VAMarch 13, 2018
I worked with neglected and abused children. It gave me the chance to give back and change the direction of some of the most hurt and lost children I would ever come across. This is a wonder facility and the staff genuinely care about the children. Blessing to Childhelp
Challenging place to work, but it has its upside
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lignum, VAMarch 5, 2018
I worked at Childhelp in Lignum for a long time, and for the most part, it was a great place to work. However, upper management and executives in Arizona could care less how the employees are treated, and would prefer to make sure their own pockets are well lined before a lower paid employee ever gets a bonus or a raise. The company has not given out raises in years, though executives and the founders are receiving at least six figure incomes. The health insurance is not great, assuming you can even afford to get it, as it's very expensive. The employees are great, you'll meet lots of great people from many different backgrounds, and you get to try and make a difference in a child's life.
Pros
Great PTO benefits, dental insurance was affordable and good.
Cons
Health insurance, pay and poor upper management
Fun and good people to work with
RN (Current Employee) –  Lignum, VAFebruary 3, 2018
Love my job at childhelp. The staff and the patients will always be a good experience working there . Would recommend it to anyone who loves children .
Pros
Flexibility
Benefits
loved working with all ages of children
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Lignum, VAJanuary 28, 2018
I worked overnight at child help. I is a center for abused and at risk children. Even though I was night care I still was able to interact with the children. Most times I would take a room in the morning that consisted of four children and get them up and ready for the school on grounds. I enjoyed getting their day started on hopefully a positive note. Most time how their mornings played out was how their day would go. At times I also helped out in the school or volunteered in the infirmary when a child was sick or one on one. I really enjoyed working there and feel like I was a positive influence on the children. I really felt like I was making a difference in their lives, and had I not moved I would still be there.
Fulfilling Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lignum, VADecember 28, 2017
Childhelp is an amazing place to work. It is incredibly rewarding and offers the opportunity to thrive. Working with and helping the children at Childhelp can prove to be difficult. You must be strong and willing to put forth effort but it is all worth it. Upper Management is amazing and my position's schedule is flexible. The Management Team shows high regard to work-life balance. The Village also provides a beautiful setting to work at- a gorgeous 270 acre horse farm.
Rewarding work for the strong only
Director (Current Employee) –  Lignum, VADecember 27, 2017
The Village is and always has been an amazing place with incredibly special employees who care for incredibly difficult children. Working in mental health and with children is often a difficult feat, but if you want to make a difference, this is a beautiful place to do it. There will always be challenges and those who rise to them and those who don’t. We are blessed to have so many who do.
Pros
Supportive management, team work, free meals, beautiful and fun campus
Cons
Benefits are expensive
Interesting and fun
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Lignum, VAOctober 19, 2017
I enjoyed working here and working with children. I enjoyed my co-workers and the different atmosphere dealing with the children. Fast paced and a there was always room for advancement.
Pros
Children and Co-Workers
Cons
Pay
wonderful place to work
Data & Donor Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 6, 2017
loved working there the mission is close to my heart
Helping Abused and neglected Children.
the Founders are true ANGELS. the work environment at Headquarters was amazing. Hardest part was hearing the news of another Child Abused or Died due to Abuse and neglect.
I would recommend this Organization to all.
Pros
The entire job i had was wonderful
Cons
not there any more
Staff
Teacher's Aide (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, CAAugust 28, 2017
The Teachers and IA's are amazing but the Administration are terrible and take for granted the amazing people who work there... !

The staff make it worth working there but no other reason,
Cons
no breaks, terrible management