Childplace, Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
some days are fun to be there
Residential Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Sellersburg, INAugust 18, 2017
I have wanted to join this place to help kids in need and work in a nice team-work environment. The kids there tends to get away with things with little to no precautions. The rules are not reinforced among all the kids equally. Communication is a hit and a mess among everyone that works there. What I did enjoy about working there was working alongside some of my coworkers that fills me in on everything that I would need to know about the day and are willing to help one another to care for the kids.
Pros
Few coworkers are nice and have exellent communication
Cons
No confidentiality, Easy to get injured, long follow ups on the workers compensation.
Kids are not bad. Management is
Residential Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJuly 17, 2017
I have always wanted to work in a place like this with children in need but ChildsPlace has almost ruined it for me. The kids can almost do what they want. Not much Discipline because supervisors do completely what they want. The supervisors are all in a clique and if you're not in it it's very uncomfortable for you. A lot of gossip, the kids during the summer don't have much structure so I don't see how this placement could be helping them. All they do is sit in the cottages or go place outside. No groups, no therapy. Front office doesn't really communicate with cottage staff or supervisors so they don't really know to much about what's going on in the cottages.
Pros
Free lunch, good relationships with children
Cons
Mean staff, no back up
To much disconnect.
Staff (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INMay 21, 2017
The disconnect between upper management, case management, and front line staff are at best ridiculous.

Case management and upper management set staff and clients up for failure.

Childplace is making mistakes that most other placements made 20 years ago with no motivation to fix the issues.

No consistency at all ever.

RUN AWAY!
Pros
Front line staff are mostly dedicated and want to help kids.
Cons
All upper management, unwilling to communicate with front line staff or take suggestions.
Some stress esp when understaffed
Residential Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INMay 15, 2017
[most ]Staff is friendly but turnover is high due to burnout & high expectations. Must be patient & handle high stress situations. Best to have knowledge of different diagnosis & treatment strategies & be prepared to have different ways of handling 8-10 boys or girls in your cottage. (What works with one won't work with another) .
Pros
Homemade meals, learning experience when working with kids
Cons
High turnover, high expectations, not enough training, low wage
A good job for those who like plenty on excitement. Too much stress and work for me
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INFebruary 21, 2017
This job included many aspects of jobs I like. Working with a close group of professionals, working with people, and satisfying my needs for doing something that provides for the greater good. The hardest part of my job was working for the extremely affected and not becoming affected by their behaviors myself.
Pros
Good team
Cons
too stressful at times
Energetic place to work,
Residential Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INFebruary 5, 2017
Very rewarding, I enjoy working here because I get to help children as well as make an impact on their futures. I enjoy cooking and make sure all their needs are met.
Don't work there
Residential Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INDecember 13, 2016
The turn over rate is horrible, they use up all your weekends, the pay sucks, it's just like being in high school don't recommend this place to anyone
Rewarding
Worker (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INOctober 17, 2016
Great place to work, if you love children and want to make a difference in their lives. Not well management structured at all. Things get swept under the rug and not followed up on when there is a complaint. Very great ppl to work for caring and understanding but don't hold ppl accountable for their actions.
Pros
Children
Cons
Interesting work work environment from which I learned a lot
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INFebruary 26, 2015
This work environment would be considered typical for a youth residential treatment facility. This facility had five operational cottages for the youth, an on site school, an on site counseling center, and several case managers. The youth resided in this facility until released into a foster care home, adopted, or back into the care of family.
Educational Workplace
RESIDENT YOUTH COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INOctober 14, 2014
I earned a lot of experience working with families and children in the community.
How could you ever complain about getting a paycheck for hanging out and teaching awesome kiddos.
Residential Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INSeptember 24, 2014
I loved my job at Childplace. I started out as a youth worker for about a year. I was then promoted to Residential Administrative Assistant and Medication Manager. I left the job to be a case manager. All the staff, management, executive director, CEO, pretty much everyone there treated me like family and had the sincere desire to help children and families in need.
Rewarding Work
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INOctober 29, 2012
Fair wages and enjoyable work. This can be a stressful position though. You must truly enjoy all types of children.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Childplace, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Childplace, Inc Reviews by Location